Page 87 of 134 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,610 of 3992
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hieberrr View Post
    This worries me the most. All of those consecutive road games aren't good for any team. Out of a possible 21 pts, I hope we grab at least 15 pts. Even though the team is returning home, winning after a series of losses in the road is going to be difficult. We need to be ruthless on the road and be stingy with our points.
    Even if we are within a sniff of the last playoff spot after that road trip, we should be alright.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    I think you might be right, why would TFC sign a 4th DP, not knowing a spot would be available, you would assume they learned from the last fiasco!
    Twellman has pushed it as being done in the new CBA. I can't see Bez taking a chance he probably has a inside line to info from his buddies at the leauge office.

Keeping Gilberto and bringing in Giovinco and Altidore is the best business I've ever seen in this leauge. Huge upgrade compared to last season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blixa View Post
    Except that Johnson and Phaneuf alone bring in more tv money than TFC. In any case, as much as I hate MLSE, it's very useful to have them on a day like this and he's a way better signing than Stevie G.
    Phaneuf is probably the most despised captain in Leafs history, ratings would probably go up if he got shipped out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh oh ... major announcement for Whitecaps today apparently. It better not be Gilberto going to them for 'future considerations'

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    Uh oh ... major announcement for Whitecaps today apparently. It better not be Gilberto going to them for 'future considerations'
    well, we do get fleeced by Caps every year on a trade. it's an annual tradition
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe it is a gilberto for laba swap aha .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdubs View Post
    maybe it is a gilberto for laba swap aha .
    no thanks, and i'm a huge Laba fan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    no thanks, and i'm a huge Laba fan
    I would say we need a pure DM. We have an abundance of attackers. I like Gilberto too tho don't want to see him go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gilberto will score 20 goals next season, if anyone wants to put a wager I would gladly accept. I would trade Altidore before G, seriously

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gilberto will score 20 goals next season, if anyone wants to put a wager I would gladly accept. I would trade Altidore before G, seriously
    Now if it was Altidore for Laba, I can get behind that!

----------Gilberto--------------
    Osorio----Giovinco----Jackson/New Winger
    -----Laba-----Bradley--------
    Morrow--Perquis--Caldwell-Bloom
    -----Bendik-------------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dupont View Post
    You'd think so... but starting the season with 7 straight road games could be crippling to team morale. It will be very hard to have a decent record after that no matter how good a team is.

SKC came tops in the east when they started their season with 10 road games. I'm sure we'll be fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    SKC came tops in the east when they started their season with 10 road games. I'm sure we'll be fine.
    Really? That's great to hear actually!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So the Caps announcement is Robbo gets a multi-year extension. Guess other MLS teams can't court Robbo to there clubs soon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NolbertoS View Post
    So the Caps announcement is Robbo gets a multi-year extension. Guess other MLS teams can't court Robbo to there clubs soon
    TFC has money to buy him out of his contract if they wanted to. lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Not if we expect it.
    Good point. Brooker too. I erased it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone with a better understanding of the CBA know how much we got left on the cap?
    i tried to figure it out, but i've got no idea what i'm doing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's pretty much impossible to know since the cap for next season might (probably?) not be decided on yet between the two parties. We also don't know how much DPs will count against the cap next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so apparently multiple offers on the table for Gilberto OUTSIDE MLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since Giovinco isn't coming until July, who are we going to use as CAM in his absence? I'm sure Vanney is going to give him at least a week or two off until he plays his first game for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to the reporters the Giovinco Presser is at 1pm at the ACC tomorrow.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    so apparently multiple offers on the table for Gilberto OUTSIDE MLS
    I like Gilberto and I would be sad to see him go.
    But if he does, I hope he will have some input as to where.
    I'd like to see him prosper if he moves on (just don't let it be in MLS).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Certainly sounds like Gilberto is on the way out. Hopefully we transfer him out of the league.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Certainly sounds like Gilberto is on the way out. Hopefully we transfer him out of the league.
    Yep agree, get the biggest transfer fee you can rather than making a trade within the MLS for a filler piece.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know many will disagree with me, but so far I wish Bradley never came. I'd rather TFC still had Laba, Gilberto and a 3rd DP.

i like how the Caps are building. I'm a TFC supporter, but the way TFC keep trying to do it, just throwing money everywhere with no real identity, I don't know.

i know management sees it as well, but we have so many gaps in this team. Who are our wingers? Jackson and Oduro? Still going to waste Osorio on the wing? Becker and Warner going to stink it up at CM again this year?

i know it sounds harsh, I just can't get excited at any of this recent news.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm really looking forward to the new season, and like the way things have shaped up thus far. A short time ago, we were saddled with a large investment in someone that didn't want to be here, and I am pleasantly surprised in how things have turned out. In an ideal world, Jozy would not have been my first choice, but we were in a difficult situation...and sometimes compromises need to be made. The Gio signing is fantastic, but I want Gil to stay. He was one of the few shining lights last year, and gave it his all. Go you Reds!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lowndes94 View Post
    a
    Am I the only one who thinks Creavalle is a better starting option at RB then Bloom? Serious question. I thought Creavalle was very solid since coming over and as most of you know i'm not the biggest fan of Bloom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soccerpro View Post
    I know many will disagree with me, but so far I wish Bradley never came. I'd rather TFC still had Laba, Gilberto and a 3rd DP.

i like how the Caps are building. I'm a TFC supporter, but the way TFC keep trying to do it, just throwing money everywhere with no real identity, I don't know.

i know management sees it as well, but we have so many gaps in this team. Who are our wingers? Jackson and Oduro? Still going to waste Osorio on the wing? Becker and Warner going to stink it up at CM again this year?

i know it sounds harsh, I just can't get excited at any of this recent news.
    I sort of agree with you. I was a huge fan of Laba when he was here. His work rate and skill were amazing and hugely underppreciated by fans. I would rather have him than Bradley (based on last season's performances). I do hope that Bradley plays better this year and lives up to his nickname.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am I the only one who thinks Creavalle is a better starting option at RB then Bloom? Serious question. I thought Creavalle was very solid since coming over and as most of you know i'm not the biggest fan of Bloom.
    with you. bloom shouldn't have been re-signed. He scares the shit out of me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a massive Laba fan, but if I had to make a tough choice between the two, it would be the General....

Quote Originally Posted by Hieberrr View Post
    I sort of agree with you. I was a huge fan of Laba when he was here. His work rate and skill were amazing and hugely underppreciated by fans. I would rather have him than Bradley (based on last season's performances). I do hope that Bradley plays better this year and lives up to his nickname.