Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    you have so many weak clubs in MLS right now. Most mid-American (ex-KC / RSL) don't even get 10k a game (MLS bullshit attendance figures aside). Don't get why they are expanding (obviously its the $$$). But its better for the league long term to shed weak markets and move into stronger ones and stay around 20.

Teams are just putting expansion fees in their pockets, and when expansion stops all these teams will fold and league looks bad and more teams struggle and fold in a cascading effect. Garber isn't doing a good job for the long term sake of the league.
    KC since they moved to there new stadium a few years ago have sold out all there games. When you see them on TV there isn't empty seats. They use to struggle a lot when they played in the NFL Kansas Chiefs stadium, then did a bit better in the small Ball Park as at least in a 11k stadium they could fill it. Now they have one of the better atmospheres in MLS in the new stadium. RSL also sold out most of there games this year. Teams that struggle more with attendance issues are Chicago, Columbus, Dallas, Colorado, New England and DC United, and you could maybe even put New York Red Bulls in there considering they have an amazing 25k stadium and have had a good team and yet still the stadium looks only half full on many occasions.

DC United will get good attendance when they move into there new stadium, I bet will get 20k a game. Some of the other teams, not so sure they will change as most of these teams I think either never will move into a proper stadium (New England), or they just built there new stadiums way to far away from the city (Chicago-Dallas-Colorado) or wrong part of town (Red Bulls in New Jersey) to maybe the city just doesn't have enough support to get high attendance numbers on average (columbus)
    Last edited by james; 12-09-2015 at 02:22 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    KC since they moved to there new stadium a few years ago have sold out all there games. When you see them on TV there isn't empty seats. They use to struggle a lot when they played in the NFL Kansas Chiefs stadium, then did a bit better in the small Ball Park as at least in a 11k stadium they could fill it. Now they have one of the better atmospheres in MLS in the new stadium. RSL also sold out most of there games this year. Teams that struggle more with attendance issues are Chicago, Columbus, Dallas, Colorado, New England and DC United, and you could maybe even put New York Red Bulls in there considering they have an amazing 25k stadium and have had a good team and yet still the stadium looks only half full on many occasions.

DC United will get good attendance when they move into there new stadium, I bet will get 20k a game. Some of the other teams, not so sure they will change as most of these teams I think either never will move into a proper stadium (New England), or they just built there new stadiums way to far away from the city (Chicago-Dallas-Colorado) or wrong part of town (Red Bulls in New Jersey) to maybe the city just doesn't have enough support to get high attendance numbers on average (columbus)
    my whole point was excluding KC and RSL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    my whole point was excluding KC and RSL
    My bad, I read it wrong, I thot you were saying an example - RSL and Kansas had bad attendance.