• Remains as head coach

27 15.43%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by felipe View Post
    Where is the option that Mo is fired and CC becomes manager and coach next season? I'm already saving for his bronze statue we're gonna put up outside the front gates...
    why would they fire Mo after it's been reported by numerous sources in the media that he's signed a contract extension?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he'll leave regardless. I think, as with Carver, that what they can't publicly say is it's impossible to work with the team Mo's given them, but he's probably insisting they do. He's the one who famously declared this team good enough to make the playoffs. But I don't think the best coach on Earth could get this team to compete in MLS>

In every position at which we suffer , leading MLS teams have competent proven performers. Nobody who is performing well in this league has the kind of makeshift, out-of-position, just-brough-in-to-try-something-new roster we have.

In fact, if you look at our roster makeup, it's clear we emualte teams like the Shite Bulls, FC Dallas and Kansas City, only with marginally more talent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Then why wait till the end of the season? If he really feels that way he should quit now. Maybe he shouldn't have taken even the interim position if that's how he feels - certainly he would have known then.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I think he'll leave regardless. I think, as with Carver, that what they can't publicly say is it's impossible to work with the team Mo's given them, but he's probably insisting they do. He's the one who famously declared this team good enough to make the playoffs. But I don't think the best coach on Earth could get this team to compete in MLS>

In every position at which we suffer , leading MLS teams have competent proven performers. Nobody who is performing well in this league has the kind of makeshift, out-of-position, just-brough-in-to-try-something-new roster we have.

In fact, if you look at our roster makeup, it's clear we emualte teams like the Shite Bulls, FC Dallas and Kansas City, only with marginally more talent.

Mo's brought in the players the fans were demanding, DeRo, Serioux, JDG,
    and had to make deals he didnt really want to and bring in Barrett. If we are not a better team with the players Mo brought in then its time to focus the blame on the players instead of Mo and CC..the team has under
    performed this year, at the beginning i sad a .500 season would be acceptable, and even that looks remote..Mo should have a closed door session with the players stating...No one is 100% sure in coming back
    and those that want too have got to produce and show something over
    the last 4 games. NO exceptions!!

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As it's been pointed out, Cummins isn't our Head Coach, he's our Interim Head Coach. I don't see him leaving the club altogether if a replacement were to show up during the off-season.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    As it's been pointed out, Cummins isn't our Head Coach, he's our Interim Head Coach. I don't see him leaving the club altogether if a replacement were to show up during the off-season.

But i think he should be considered for the managers job..he won the Canadian Championship, has for the most part keep a still young expansion franchise in the playoff hunt this late in September...And if is not considered then he mostly likely will return to england. i hope he stays for the stability of the franchise for next season

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    Doesn't the Head Coach pick his assitant coach and team?
    I beleive he does.

What I can't beleive is that 17% of the voters think he'll be back next year. A temporary / interim coach who coaches the club for roughtly 80% of a season. Not very temporary if you ask me.. should have had a replacement a long time ago.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by K1nG View Post
    I beleive he does.

What I can't beleive is that 17% of the voters think he'll be back next year. A temporary / interim coach who coaches the club for roughtly 80% of a season. Not very temporary if you ask me.. should have had a replacement a long time ago.
    Maybe the 17% believe he has done a good job with what he has had to work with...a miracle worker he is not..and needs more then 80 % of one
    season to build the team even better. TFC is not as strong as people make them out to be and their performances back that up..2010 should
    be the focus on a push for the playoffs ..expecting that this season was
    just going to be a major let down which many fans are now expecting..

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_torontofc_2008 View Post
    Maybe the 17% believe he has done a good job with what he has had to work with...a miracle worker he is not..and needs more then 80 % of one
    season to build the team even better. TFC is not as strong as people make them out to be and their performances back that up..2010 should
    be the focus on a push for the playoffs ..expecting that this season was
    just going to be a major let down which many fans are now expecting..
    I disagree with your opinion that Toronto FC doesn't have alot to work with. I will concede that Barrett and Vitti have essentially wasted valuble cap space and no more, however; he has a very solid midfield. A midfield that does not seem able to play a possesion oriented game. The majority of the games this season Toronto has ran around like chickens with their heads cut off. I've seen teams like Stoke in the EPL playing the top 4 and although outclassed - play a system with strategy and coordination resulting in very close games. Toronto has been worked by some of the leagues worst.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    Doesn't the Head Coach pick his assitant coach and team?
    Yes, but for all we know, the incoming replacement coach just might pick Cummins as his right-hand man.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fire Cummins!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How may TFC want Cummins fired are Leaf fans...yet when ron Wilson didnt get the Leafs into the playoffs there was not too many calling for his head...and hes an experienced coach.!!! double standard by some??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_torontofc_2008 View Post
    How may TFC want Cummins fired are Leaf fans...yet when ron Wilson didnt get the Leafs into the playoffs there was not too many calling for his head...and hes an experienced coach.!!! double standard by some??
    mighty, mighty, mighty
    stop while your ahead man, im not into the scrutiny bashing,
    but your deserving it now.

1) you dont know who leafs, and whos not
    2) your comparing hockey experience to soccer experience
    3) your comparing a Ron Wilson to Chris Cummins

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can't really say he'd return as an assistant - that should be the choice of the new manager, not Mo Johnston (if God bid, he is still here then).

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jahinho_Guerro View Post
    mighty, mighty, mighty
    stop while your ahead man, im not into the scrutiny bashing,
    but your deserving it now.

1) you dont know who leafs, and whos not
    2) your comparing hockey experience to soccer experience
    3) your comparing a Ron Wilson to Chris Cummins

the point being...Wilson was not sacked after having a poor season with the Leafs..so why should Cummins not be given the chance as well to return? An experienced coach is an experienced coach..CC has proved
    he can do the job provided he has the talent..and lest be honest, we (TFC) are terrible in the defending, inside the opponets goal area we are worse...we can play a good midfield game..As far as i can remember there
    has been no player complaints against Cummins so he might be well liked.
    Lets give the man one more season...he could turn the team around!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ron Wilson has experience in hockey, hockey is the same throughout the world. And to be more specific, he has experience in Canadian Hockey.

Chris Cummins experience isnt really considered an experience of coaching, but more of seeing. If you take in the fact that Cummins was not part of the first team at Watford, but of the Academy. Lets say he was the manager at Watford, and has the most experience, does that say that he has experience in the MLS?

I don't think Cummins should be sacked, not at all. I just think he should be put back to his original position. He cannot turn this team around, talent is provided, he just decides to play them out of position, or decides not to play them because they had an off game. So his tactics have shown, how he is capable of making a good crop of players, look bad. Thats being honest, thats why I agree

Your obviously not going to here player complaints, because one this is the MLS, i thought Jesus was coming when Dero spoke out about the grass. Two, even if there was complaining, which there can possibly be, you wouldn't here it publicly.

All in all Cummins should return to Assistan Coach, or in the Future he could be the Head Coach............................................. ..........of the reserve squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't watch hockey, outside of the olympic's, so really I only know they international game (which is different from the NHL (ice size, game style) but I know enough to know comparing a hockey coach in the NHL to Football Coach in the MLS is like comparing a banana and a orange by calling both apples.

Cummins is replacing Carver who quit early in the season. Cummins has limited experience with senior rosters, the game in MLS and his own abilities. The FO obvious wasn't expecting Carver to quit when he did. So now Cummins has been left coaching.

The talent was and is there to make the playoff. An experienced coach could and would have done so. As it is, so long as we don't totally fubar the rest of the season is going to be an improvement over last season in a very very tight play off race.

Cummins will be replaced as he always was going to be. the FO I think is waiting to bring someone in during the off season to decide who is staying and which staff they will replace, and so they have a full off and preseason to get to know the team.

Knowing Mo they are looking at someone without knowledge of the english language and limited knowledge of MLS

My guess Witthaya Hloagune will be Toronto FCs new head coach or maybe Hiroshi Hayano