Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    Yes, "Assuming" is the key word here. If you think this thread is a shit-storm, just think of what would happen if season ticket holders don't get first rights.
    If Season Ticket Holders don't get first rights of refusal... then it will be WWIII... I don't think MLSE is that stupid.
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Don't you guys love being mocked?

I know I do

http://twitter.com/Paulbeirne
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that everyone knows how paul feels, you should stop giving him so much props when he graces this site. He has obviously been reading this thread and chose not to post a comment ....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Stop complaining

I find it hilarious how everyone complains about all that MLSE has done this friendly all bases on a Globe and mail article (just taken from Steve Goff at Washington Post).. I have heard all kinds of BS about the friendlies

1. Paul B stating it was Cagliari or a South American team ..
    2. It was July 22
    3. Real Madrid at Rogers Centre
    4. This Friendly is part of the season ticket holder package or not part of the package

WTF? the last time I checked it not even official yet...One guy wrote an article in the Globe and Mail.

Maybe we shlould be more concerned with other MLS supporters on other forums berating the choice of Toronto for such a big club

Maybe we should berate Steve Goff for down playing the Toronto match for the SH%$TY confines of FED EX FIELD and how somehow the "b" squad will only play in Toronto..Who is he Florentino Perzes nephew?..wasnt only last year that only half of FEDEX sold for there Friendly with Chelsea

I do agree it will be bad on the part of MLSE to charge season tickets holders above and beyond the price already paid up front. Just dont buy the ticket but please wait till its official..The DC United Match is not even on Real Madrid website yet!!!

However if they move the game to SKYDOME other people wont be happy

Thinkof it as a time to showcase the Supporters Section to a World Wide TV audience

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MadMike View Post
    Now that everyone knows how paul feels, you should stop giving him so much props when he graces this site. He has obviously been reading this thread and chose not to post a comment ....
    Give the man a break... we don't know if he will get fined by MLS or MLSE or both... I'm not sure even if Real Madrid know where Toronto FC is...

Who knows when this deal will be made legit...
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Please take this off-topic stuff to another thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    My source is my own memory.

I'll honour Jack's request and keep off-topic stuff out of here.

Now back to the regularly scheduled bitchfest.
    Just wanted to make sure he wasn't talking out of his ass.
    Which he was by his own admission.
    Rudi, I respect your posts, but MLSE was never gonna give more than the absolute minimum, and in the previous site there were more players (ie. less money to give in)

Now we can return to the bitchfest lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    Give the man a break... we don't know if he will get fined by MLS or MLSE or both... I'm not sure even if Real Madrid know where Toronto FC is...

Who knows when this deal will be made legit...

True, but why say what he said on twitter, and not post something here, as this thread is getting quite heated, and obviously has been reading it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I realize as much as we may bitch and moan about this one...

If the proceeds from this friendly go towards turning the temp grass into real grass, next season,

All will be well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True, but why say what he said on twitter, and not post something here, as this thread is getting quite heated, and obviously has been reading it.
    What else can he say... seriously some threads on this board are borderline doomsday... like it's Armaggeddon...

Some people need a big reality check...
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what happended with some of the money from Edu going towards real grass ??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marc"2L" View Post
    I realize as much as we may bitch and moan about this one...

If the proceeds from this friendly go towards turning the temp grass into real grass, next season,

All will be well.
    and the people who called for the end of the world will look like what?
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what happended with some of the money from Edu going towards real grass ??

Rudi answered this very well... go back a few threads
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigsteve View Post
    *snip*
    No need to spam the same response in different threads

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My issue with all this is not just about money...
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and the people who called for the end of the world will look like what?
    That's a big If with the grass to begin with.

There's plenty of room for screw up between this botched schedule, the grass falling through, Players "injured"for the game, etc.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The temp grass would be laid on top of the FieldTurf. No chance it will last until next season. Ask Wagner, he's a turf guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotta love the passion this friendly has created on this board.
    Server is working overtime lol

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That's the thing, boban. We're all very passionate about this stuff. TFC has marketed that passion but they are neglecting their support and taking it for granted a bit. Cultivate the passion, don't take it for granted, TFC. Three years is not a very long time. This flame is still new and fresh, but if you don't nurture it, it'll burn out.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

didnt they do that in new england a season or two back and it did not hold up well?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought Paul's twitter post was LOL

The overreaction around here is comedic. I know, it's truly horrifying that some Shitebull fans got fucked out of some money, but a Top globally top 5 club coming here to play our boys has got to be great for morale. Plus we get a proof of concept on real grass!

As far as the schedule goes, ultimately we'll be effectively resting guys before the stretch drive.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    I thought Paul's twitter post was LOL

The overreaction around here is comedic. I know, it's truly horrifying that some Shitebull fans got fucked out of some money, but a Top globally top 5 club coming here to play our boys has got to be great for morale. Plus we get a proof of concept on real grass!

As far as the schedule goes, ultimately we'll be effectively resting guys before the stretch drive.
    Top 5?

Hardly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a Real Madrid fan, I think this is kind of stupid. I congratulate our FO fro bringing such a monumental club but quite frankly the timing for this one is inappropriate. I mean, moving a league game for a friendly is just plain wrong. I don't care weather it's the Kaizer Chiefs or Real Madrid, a schedule is a schedule and you must honour it. Secondly, the temporary installation of grass is just a bad idea. I understand why it is happening but with all the controversy over the playing surface, this is just bound to get people angry. I also don't like the fact that grass just isn't "us". If they demanded it, than you should have told them to fuck off and find someone else. Real Madrid does tours all the time. A better time would have been once we have grass and when we have a free weekend which corresponds with their tour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^Although if I get tickets I would gladly make the best out of it!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Top 5?

Hardly
    Top 5 in Spain maybe...even UEFA has them at 13th in Europe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uefa_co...ub_coefficient

p.s. Screw the Kaizer Chiefs!
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After reading everything and taking a few hours to think about it, I am no longer angry.

Just bitterly disappointed.

Our team doesn't even have enough self-respect not to mess with the schedule they themselves organized at the beginning of the summer.

Manchester United? Their schedule changes for the Club World Cup, or an FA Cup game or a Champions League game.

Ours changes not when our team is obliterated with injuries and international call up...no...our schedule changes when our boys have a chance to play kickaround with a bigger club.

We have no self-respect. We aspire to be a Mickey Mouse league.

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    I mean, moving a league game for a friendly is just plain wrong. I don't care weather it's the Kaizer Chiefs or Real Madrid, a schedule is a schedule and you must honour it. Secondly, the temporary installation of grass is just a bad idea. I understand why it is happening but with all the controversy over the playing surface, this is just bound to get people angry. I also don't like the fact that grass just isn't "us". If they demanded it, than you should have told them to fuck off and find someone else. Real Madrid does tours all the time. A better time would have been once we have grass and when we have a free weekend which corresponds with their tour.

RealG gets it. And he's a Madrista.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What else can he say... seriously some threads on this board are borderline doomsday... like it's Armaggeddon...

Some people need a big reality check...
    I think the problem is, many people did get a reality check from ML$E today.

I take it you're not one of the people who's carefully planned summer schedule just got fucked and you'll be missing a TFC home game? A lot of folks planned summer holidays schedules around home dates. A lot of us swapped with co-workers to cover a shift. Many people even arranged family functions as to not have to miss a home game. And to me... having to miss a game is like Armageddon.

Not even getting into the possibility that we will be missing some key players now for the NYRB because they will be on international duty.

Not even getting into that we could have a key player injured during this meaningless friendly mid season.

Not even getting into this game days before our game in Montreal could affect us winning the Championship.

Not even getting into what if this happened to an away game that we were going to and had booked hotels, transportation. Not that I feel for NYRB traveling supporters, but come on.

Not even getting into that last year when we were missing 9 of our starters for international duty, they just couldn't reschedule. How'd that game go and affect our playoff run? What was the dude's name who was called out of the back office to play for TFC?

How will the people who think this isn't a big deal feel if this schedule change and friendly affects us making the playoffs?

Yeah, ML$E will take the money they make, and buy us permanent grass. Hey, if they promise they are going to do that with the money they make from a friendly, I'll be the first to pony up the money for a friendly and I'll buy you your ticket Flush.

But for Paul Bernie to then post a smart ass comment on Twitter belittling MANY supporters genuine concern, is a real fucking slap in the face and a pretty douchebag move.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    After reading everything and taking a few hours to think about it, I am no longer angry.

Just bitterly disappointed.

Our team doesn't even have enough self-respect not to mess with the schedule they themselves organized at the beginning of the summer.

Manchester United? Their schedule changes for the Club World Cup, or an FA Cup game or a Champions League game.

Ours changes not when our team is obliterated with injuries and international call up...no...our schedule changes when our boys have a chance to play kickaround with a bigger club.

We have no self-respect. We aspire to be a Mickey Mouse league.

That is all.

RealG gets it. And he's a Madrista.
    agreed. BUSH. LEAGUE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMacphisto View Post

I take it you're not one of the people who's carefully planned summer schedule just got fucked and you'll be missing a TFC home game? A lot of folks planned summer holidays schedules around home dates. A lot of us swapped with co-workers to cover a shift. Many people even arranged family functions as to not have to miss a home game. And to me... having to miss a game is like Armageddon.

Not even getting into the possibility that we will be missing some key players now for the NYRB because they will be on international duty.

Not even getting into that we could have a key player injured during this meaningless friendly mid season.

Not even getting into this game days before our game in Montreal could affect us winning the Championship.

Not even getting into what if this happened to an away game that we were going to and had booked hotels, transportation. Not that I feel for NYRB traveling supporters, but come on.

Not even getting into that last year when we were missing 9 of our starters for international duty, they just couldn't reschedule. How'd that game go and affect our playoff run? What was the dude's name who was called out of the back office to play for TFC?

How will the people who think this isn't a big deal feel if this schedule change and friendly affects us making the playoffs?

Yeah, ML$E will take the money they make, and buy us permanent grass. Hey, if they promise they are going to do that with the money they make from a friendly, I'll be the first to pony up the money for a friendly and I'll buy you your ticket Flush.

But for Paul Bernie to then post a smart ass comment on Twitter belittling MANY supporters genuine concern, is a real fucking slap in the face and a pretty douchebag move.
    Ya not cool.

Never shit where you eat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Confirmed.

This whole situation deserves this -

Animals Eaten:

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I agree with everything you said, but I quoted this part because it really hits home.