Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend TFC 2.0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have we thought about making that song our Anthem? Game day songs, it would be fucking insane. It's not easy, but one day, one day..........

Sick vid BTW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great version! Can we start the season today lol. My blood is boiling. And I almost just purchased tickets to Utah LOL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Croatia View Post
    Have we thought about making that song our Anthem? Game day songs, it would be fucking insane. It's not easy, but one day, one day..........

Sick vid BTW

Gotta watch that word people get testy.
    All will come to pass in time. I just wish time would pass faster.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!AN THEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTH EM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM !!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!! ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!AN THEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTH EM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM !!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!! ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!AN THEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTH EM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM !!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!! ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!AN THEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTH EM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM !!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!! ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!AN THEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTH EM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM !!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!! ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!AN THEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTH EM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!

Well if gets people testy....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just checked out the video... not bad. I prefer the tempo better on the original for some reason.
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James Oliphant View Post
    Ugh...this song just tries too fuckin' hard.

Sorry, still don't like it.
    i'm happy someone finally said it, trying too hard......its a concept most tfc supporters need to grasp,

yes we're GOOD supporters, but trying too hard more or less defines Toronto FC support...sorry.....but its true, myself included

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fantastic. We've got to get this to Carver to play for the boys. It should be played before every game!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Fantastic. We've got to get this to Carver to play for the boys. It should be played before every game!
    Yes....thats a good idea...I think they would like it too for the dressing room.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pimpslapt View Post
    i'm happy someone finally said it, trying too hard......its a concept most tfc supporters need to grasp,

yes we're GOOD supporters, but trying too hard more or less defines Toronto FC support...sorry.....but its true, myself included
    and the problem with that is?
    It's better than half assing it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BFin View Post
    and the problem with that is?
    It's better than half assing it.
    When it comes to this song (because I don't fully agree with pimpslapt's assessment of TFC fans in general), the problem is that it's trying too hard to be anthemic. It wants to be "You'll Never Walk Alone" (especially in the "boys on the field" part).

The title of the song says it all. Without even pointing out the obvious grammatical flaws in the phrase "The Legend TFC", what exactly is the legend?

This is what the lyrics remind me of...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When it comes to this song (because I don't fully agree with pimpslapt's assessment of TFC fans in general), the problem is that it's trying too hard to be anthemic. It wants to be "You'll Never Walk Alone" (especially in the "boys on the field" part).

The title of the song says it all. Without even pointing out the obvious grammatical flaws in the phrase "The Legend TFC", what exactly is the legend?
    The thing is you may reference it to YNWA... but there is alot of TFC fans out there that have never even heard of YNWA... we do not all have English or EPL roots. I've never heard YNWA in my life.

Now you're looking at grammatical flaws... tisk tisk you ever listen to Hip Hop? or Reggae?

Just let it be... Music is Music... it's an art... not a damn freaking University paper for someone to look for grammar errors and plagiarism.
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely. Why nit pick.

It sounds great, it feels great. 20000 of us breaking out in this once every game would eventually become "The LEGEND TFC!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    The thing is you may reference it to YNWA... but there is alot of TFC fans out there that have never even heard of YNWA... we do not all have English or EPL roots. I've never heard YNWA in my life.

Now you're looking at grammatical flaws... tisk tisk you ever listen to Hip Hop? or Reggae?

Just let it be... Music is Music... it's an art... not a damn freaking University paper for someone to look for grammar errors and plagiarism.
    You might have noticed I said "Without even pointing out the obvious grammatical flaws"...

Also, what does the fact that you've never heard YNWA in your life have to do with this song borrowing heavily from its structure in parts? Talk about a non sequitur.

Look, I'm not saying you shouldn't sing it if you don't like it. You'll notice that by reading my posts. I'm simply saying I think it's an overwrought, self-aggrandizingly shitty song written for the sole purpose of being overwrought and self-aggrandizing.

Everyone who likes it is allowed to say it "gives them goosebumps", why am I not allowed to say it makes me want to hurl without fear of reprisal?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You might have noticed I said "Without even pointing out the obvious grammatical flaws"...

Also, what does the fact that you've never heard YNWA in your life have to do with this song borrowing heavily from its structure in parts? Talk about a non sequitur.

Look, I'm not saying you shouldn't sing it if you don't like it. You'll notice that by reading my posts. I'm simply saying I think it's an overwrought, self-aggrandizingly shitty song written for the sole purpose of being overwrought and self-aggrandizing.

Everyone who likes it is allowed to say it "gives them goosebumps", why am I not allowed to say it makes me want to hurl without fear of reprisal?
    Ok, "wihout even pointing out the obvious grammatical" flaws...

My point of YNWA, is that just because you are making a connection it doesn't mean others are... or ever will. This song was not meant for you... and I've never said you don't have the right to say you don't like the song (talk about non sequitur).

Heck, I don't like My Town and everyone around here does... but if you expect to be a critic when you haven't done any better, expect to have your T.A. notes criticized as well. A simply fcuk I don't like the song is all that you need at times.
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    A simply fcuk I don't like the song is all that you need at times.
    Which is exactly what this started out as, until that view was questioned.

Ugh...this song just tries too fuckin' hard.

Sorry, still don't like it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which is exactly what this started out as, until that view was questioned.

exactly... which is why I never jumped on you until York U T.A. came out...
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what you're saying is it's best not to back up your argument when someone questions you on it. Okay, that makes sense. I'll bear that in mind the next time my view is a dissenting one.

I'll also be sure to write a replacement song for the one I dislike, as that's apparently a pre-requisite for critique.

My lessons now well-learned, I'm done with this thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nerepis View Post
    Great Job! I love this song. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by werewolf88 View Post
    So does Danny Dichio.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what you're saying is it's best not to back up your argument when someone questions you on it. Okay, that makes sense. I'll bear that in mind the next time my view is a dissenting one.

I'll also be sure to write a replacement song for the one I dislike, as that's apparently a pre-requisite for critique.

Your words man, not mine.
    Listen,

I think what people tend to forget is that actual supporters took the time and effort to make this... It's not some band with a record deal playing on the radio.

Honestly, If I made that song, regardless of whether it's good or not... I would tell you to fuck off...

If you don't like something that's perfectly fine... shit I don't like alot of shit around here... but if you are going to write an in depth post on why you think the song is not good... expect criticism on your review as well (this is not a new phenomenon... just visit any music forum if you don't believe me).

I make banners... that's what I do. Yet, you won't see me breaking down someone's banner idea like I'm a snotty banner professor...and if I ever do or people perceive my post as such... at the very least I can say that I've gotten my hands dirty.

The ironic part is that I think your posts are trying to hard... kind of like your review of the song.
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Banned
    When will people learn that passion doesnt make you good at football
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fuck sake, someone just delete the last half of this page would ya....

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somehow I seem to have hacked in a sequence of pm's between James and flush!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Annnyway.... I like the song.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by starrynightnf View Post
    Annnyway.... I like the song.
    Great, a voice from the rock, now if we can find a RPB from British Columbia who likes it we can say it has fans from coast to coast and beyond.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since when did criticizing something become politically incorrect on this board? I like the song – and I’m no fucking connoisseur. Someone else doesn’t – that’s cool. It can be said. Apparently, a few others feel the same way.

Besides, some of your banners suck FluSH and some of my posts suck even harder. And I’ve been told my posts have sucked. I don’t like it. But I try not to take it personally.

In fact, I’m glad this forum is a place that you can tell me that my posts suck. I wouldn’t want it any other way. If I did, I would go to another board.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anthem Anthem Anthem!!!!

LOL, personally love this song that i had to post it again.

I can just imagine everyone singing it(Where the hell is the flare emotion?!?!?!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nerepis View Post
    Great, a voice from the rock, now if we can find a RPB from British Columbia who likes it we can say it has fans from coast to coast and beyond.
    hahahaha there has to be at least one BC RPB who likes it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Kingpin View Post
    ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!AN THEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTH EM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM !!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!! ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!AN THEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTH EM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM !!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!! ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!AN THEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTH EM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM !!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!! ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!AN THEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTH EM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM !!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!! ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!AN THEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTH EM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM !!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!! ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!AN THEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTH EM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!ANTHEM!!

Well if gets people testy....

See What did I tell ya.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bhoy View Post
    Somehow I seem to have hacked in a sequence of pm's between James and flush!

I'll get the pop corn.. This might get interesting.

thankless moocher, riding on the coattails of others
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still haven't decided if I like it. Maybe if someone who can actually sing, sings it I might like it. I don't know. I kindda like it, but then when he says "Legend TFC" it sounds like Kermit the frog and it just throws me for a loop.

I feel the same way about my town except vice versa.

I mean what if we could get Glass Tiger guy to sing Legend TFC. NOW that would be something.

I give it a sold 7.3 out of 10.4 because it sounds better recorded than the first one. But the same Kermit ass voice.

I

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the song sucks. period.