Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    when did he get burned playing CB? he barely played there.
    I think you're confusing Nana with Julius James. Julius James got burned many times.

I have no idea which position Nana is best at. He only played 5 games last year.. 2 of which were substitutions.
    And that's total baloney. He wasn't badly burned even once, that I can recall, and played both positions well. He was more of a fullback than a wingback, unlike Marvell, who spends a lot of time at midfield or up. But both wide and centrally, he was very solid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When did nana play cb?

Not saying he would/wouldn't be good there, I just don't remember seeing him there.

I think we gotta bring someone in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    And that's total baloney. He wasn't badly burned even once, that I can recall, and played both positions well. He was more of a fullback than a wingback, unlike Marvell, who spends a lot of time at midfield or up. But both wide and centrally, he was very solid.
    haha this makes my day.

Bologna!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by poppamidnight View Post
    so you to admittingly didnt watch those games?

Cuz if you did, you'd have seen that he played best in those when he was filling in for Marvel.

True supporters who actually watch the games seem to know what's up:
    Nana is being groomed to replace Wynne once Marvel gets a big offer
    what's all this "must not have watched the games" bullshit that's up your ass? I've watched every single TFC game since its inception, and I've been on this message board since 2006. I've watched TFC as much as you have. Who knows, maybe more, since you seem to remember Nana getting burned at CB when I can't.

So answer my question:

in which game did Nana get burned playing CB? You can't answer it cuz it never happened. And Nana only played 5 games.

You're making a judgement on Nana BASED ON 5 GAMES??? How can you compare his play at CB to another position when he only played 5 games?
    Nana could be the greatest CB TFC has ever seen, but we wouldn't know yet cuz he's barely played there... barely played at all.

I think Nana is gonna be a fine player. I don't think we can know yet whether he's stronger as a CB or right back. He needs to get more opportunities to prove himself. I think he has the size and ability to play either.
    Last edited by rocker; 02-10-2009 at 04:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    he better if he knows what's good for him.
    You know it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two words:

Sami. Hyppia.

oho do i wish.

right now we have more coaches than backs. hmm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that no one can really have an opinion at this juncture with regards to his play as he has not had anytime to really get his footing out there. Give him a full season before we all pull a "TFC Fan" and turn cynical over every move.

THAT BEING SAID just cause I love watching these arguments go on for pages and pages...here is Nana getting burned...

hahahh.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobinhood View Post
    Two words:

Sami. Hyppia.

oho do i wish.

right now we have more coaches than backs. hmm.
    Going straight into the coaching staff at LFC, without a doubt in my mind.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cuz if you did, you'd have seen that he played best in those when he was filling in for Marvel.

Alright lets not get into the "Who's the better supporter arguments".

Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From SBI...

That deal, which reunites Marshall with Seattle head coach Sigi Schmid (who coached Marshall in Los Angeles) paves the way for Toronto FC to make its next acquisition, an international central defender whose identity has yet to be revealed.

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_b...-marshall.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

* Nana is for sure a better wing back than anything else and for sure will and should be Marvs eventual replacement. I can't see Nana ever being a regular CB and he only played there and im sure will only ever play there in times of major emergencies. Some are talking about Kenton's height 5'9 being too small for CB well Nana is not CB height either then.

* People need to stop talking about Robbo as a potential CB, not gonna happen and shouldn't. Robbo does not want to play CB and just coz he filled in and didn't play too bad does not mean he can hold that spot down throughout a season, it would also mean him learning how to be a CB.

* Harmse need to be a sub and used when needed as a CB or DM when needed, if people are thinking Harmse can play a whole season at CB for TFC and the team will be successful i don't see it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Point is we are now 2 players under a 24 man roster. Surely new CBs are coming in.
    In the next 3 days?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just throwing it out there that Nana plays CB for the Canada Under-20 team. So even if he hasn't played there yet for TFC that's been his position for a number of years with that team.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAH

...and that my friend shows you just how during recessionary periods, you can avoid paying strip club dollars to acquire "your" number!

@FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well maybe we'll go with Kenton and a rotating CB (Velez, Harmse) until something more permanent and stable is sorted. The last thing we want is to sign an international 10 games in and have him pull a Tebily.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nana is a great talent and is TFC's future but can we afford to have him starting right now? I don't think so! Bring in a solid CB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    In terms of central defenders, he's not being audacious. He was our best central defender last year.

Nonetheless, none of the three -- harmse, velez or Marshall -- looked much up to the task.
    I was saying that he was audacious to state his opinion, which I disagree with, and then go out and say that other people don't even watch the games, are not loyal fans, and don't know anything for opposing it. It's fine that you and him think Marshall was our best defender last year, I personally rate Wynne, Brennan, and Harmse higher than him to be frank, but that's just my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 'who's the better supporter' argument reminded me of the other day when I was told I know nothing about soccer because I didn't watch every LA Galaxy game last year.

Either way, it's a stupid thing to argue about.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This move cannot be judged until we see what the subsequent reaction is by Mo. Until a replacement (or two) is signed, it's difficult to feel anything other than indifferent towards this trade.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Wow...it got done in one!

Looks like we'll be signing one or two of the defenders in camp.
    It's the underpromise ovedeliver technique! That's how you make it to the top!
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bruva View Post
    * Nana is for sure a better wing back than anything else and for sure will and should be Marvs eventual replacement. I can't see Nana ever being a regular CB and he only played there and im sure will only ever play there in times of major emergencies. Some are talking about Kenton's height 5'9 being too small for CB well Nana is not CB height either then.

* People need to stop talking about Robbo as a potential CB, not gonna happen and shouldn't. Robbo does not want to play CB and just coz he filled in and didn't play too bad does not mean he can hold that spot down throughout a season, it would also mean him learning how to be a CB.

* Harmse need to be a sub and used when needed as a CB or DM when needed, if people are thinking Harmse can play a whole season at CB for TFC and the team will be successful i don't see it.
    Pretty much sums it up, partcularly that last point. I think people need to go back and watch how Dane Richards from NY burned Kevin on a simple shoulder fake; he only played a handful of games at centre back and was burned twice for goals. That doesn't make him the steadying defensive presence we need.

I thought Attakora looked good in both positions, but you're probably right, not too many sub-six-footers being groomed at centre half these days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The team is worse off for this at the moment. Let's reserve complete judgment on it until we see what they bring in, cause they don't have a replacement for Marshall on the roster right now. IMO. Maybe Carver is considering the 3-5-2 he used pretty frequently last year.....let the potshots commence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cmonyoureds View Post
    The team is worse off for this at the moment. Let's reserve complete judgment on it until we see what they bring in, cause they don't have a replacement for Marshall on the roster right now. IMO. Maybe Carver is considering the 3-5-2 he used pretty frequently last year.....let the potshots commence.
    <POTSHOT> PEW PEW <POTSHOT>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cmonyoureds View Post
    From Ives...

That deal, which reunites Marshall with Seattle head coach Sigi Schmid (who coached Marshall in Los Angeles) paves the way for Toronto FC to make its next acquisition, an international central defender whose identity has yet to be revealed

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_b...-marshall.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HARMES at the back could cause Alot of PK's AGAINST!

He can be a bull no doubt!!!

I hope if CArver decides to use him back there..He Sets him straight first!!

BUt i wouldnt object to the move at all!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sad news i was going to get Marshall on the back of the new grey jersey...damn

good luck to him..he has made Seattle stronger...and us....????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_torontofc_2008 View Post
    sad news i was going to get Marshall on the back of the new grey jersey...damn

good luck to him..he has made Seattle stronger...and us....????
    are getting younger and more $$$

marshall isn't that hard to upgrade. i liked him but that doesn't blind me to his faults.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pumped about this move. There's no way Mo would have dealt Marshall and Dunny unless he had something up his sleeve.

I think big news could be on the way - If so, we will be in a good spot for a real go at the playoffs this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bhoy View Post
    I'm pumped about this move. There's no way Mo would have dealt Marshall and Dunny unless he had something up his sleeve.

I think big news could be on the way - If so, we will be in a good spot for a real go at the playoffs this season.
    +1 m8!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    Well, I now officially believe we need 2 CBs, not one. My previous opinion on needing only 1 CB was based on the fact that Tyrone would be the other CB. I mean, we can hire John Terry or Rio Ferdinand, but as long as Velez is a starting CB then we are in deep doodoo.

ouch... he did score two goals last year!
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS