Page 70 of 138 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,100 of 4129
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

goodbye kaye...the dm/cm with the highest number of combined miscontrols and times dispossessed in mls this year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amir. View Post
    goodbye kaye...the dm/cm with the highest number of combined miscontrols and times dispossessed in mls this year
    We're getting a better player and saving money. Can't even remember the last time TFC managed that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

let see if there is anything else in this trade.one for one seems fair both are struggling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    let see if there is anything else in this trade.one for one seems fair both are struggling
    It is basically a challenge trade. Our struggling midfielder for theirs. Even if Blessing continues to be below average, we are saving money and term.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    we needed to move mark anthony, hasn't worked out and big salary.
    Agreed and to be fair to MAK, unless he massively overachieved he was doomed due to the stupidity of the deal that Bob and Bill cut. IMHO, I thought MAK was a good person and didn’t deserve the shit that BBM sent his way due to the dumb trade they concocted. Fire Manning

Where’s the striker for League Cup…. Counting on him being predictable.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    It is basically a challenge trade. Our struggling midfielder for theirs. Even if Blessing continues to be below average, we are saving money and term.
    Mak giveaways were actively harming us lol.

Also we lack a lot of stuff blessing has (mainly an engine in cm, can cover a ton of ground quickly)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mak giveaways were actively harming us lol.

Also we lack a lot of stuff blessing has (mainly an engine in cm, can cover a ton of ground quickly)
    I'd resorted to keeping a running tally in every game every time he did something really stupid that lost the ball or cost us a goal threat, and I was up to an average of about six per match, which is absurd at this level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

according to capology kaye contract is up dec31/23 and blessing dec31/24.i thought kaye had more term?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

arena just brought the son of a player he coached...harkes...has him in the 11 tonight with matt polster as his dm partner as they lead atlanta 2-0 in the first...both of them played in scotland...and team is doing well so he isnt going there for much more than a backup spot

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I'd resorted to keeping a running tally in every game every time he did something really stupid that lost the ball or cost us a goal threat, and I was up to an average of about six per match, which is absurd at this level.
    his passing has been a bombscare.

i thought initially when he came back at the end of last year he was just rusty, but it never improved.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    according to capology kaye contract is up dec31/23 and blessing dec31/24.i thought kaye had more term?
    MAK is under contract 2 more years after this one.

blessing has one more year after this, with a club option for 2025.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

his passing has been a bombscare.

i thought initially when he came back at the end of last year he was just rusty, but it never improved.
    Yeah it’s been atrocious. Hope this works for him. I like the guy. But him and Toronto don’t mix somehow.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Yeah it’s been atrocious. Hope this works for him. I like the guy. But him and Toronto don’t mix somehow.
    i know him personally and grew up with him.

he's a really good guy and consummate pro, but it's been tough to watch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    The Revs fans seem pretty happy with this news, so that gives me pause. But on paper this is a good move, especially if MAK has issues in the dressing room which has been hinted at. Maybe a trade where everyone wins as both players need moves, but yeah, the revs fans seem to be pretty down on Blessings performances this year
    I think it’s really two guys who both need a change of pace. Both have played better in this league than they are currently.

Our midfield badly needs speed. This at least starts to address that in some way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will not be surprised when Arena helps MAK turn his game around. Probably a good move for all involved. He hasn’t been good but was really set up to fail by the club.

I hope Fede is gone next, that other son comment really made MAK a target for a portion of the fan base, the success wasn’t there but the effort was, not many can say that this year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Yeh, last Saturday I had to move away from looking at him once he had the ball. I'm not sure if his confidence is gone or what but he might do better in a midfield that moves the ball quicker. On NER its...get the ball forward centrally to Ghill.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the deal is straight up, that is a catastrophic decline in value of MAK. Both players moved in the last 12 months. MAK cost $1M in GAM plus Priso, Blessing cost only $400K.

I don’t know what to think. I know how bad MAK looked lately, it was awful, but he probably still has a lot more upside than Blessing. MAK saw WC minutes only 7 months ago.

I guess we needed to do something. I can’t argue against it, other than to say we may live to regret it.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both players were underachieving this season and if they regain their form with a change of scenery, it will be a win-win trade scenario.

From our perspective, it just didn't feel like MAK was going to be able to turn things around here, and Blessing will provide pace and versatility in the midfield, which was sorely lacking.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feels like we're being bailed out a bit here in this one.

MAK is on 100k more than blessing and has an extra year on his deal. If blessing isn't working out he only has one guaranteed year after this one.

Also bc of what we gave up for MAK he kinda had to play regardless of form. Blessing can slot into 3 or 4 positions and has a couple attributes we're sorely lacking.

Plus the atmosphere around MAK felt like it was getting toxic to thd point-of-no return.

Hoping for the best for him in NE as this is his 4th club in 3 years. If it doesn't you'd wonder about his future in the league after this deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does this mean the megaphone guy comes back?😂

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plus the atmosphere around MAK felt like it was getting toxic to thd point-of-no return.
    This is a major point of regret for me. I felt his play was underwhelming but he certainly deserved more support than what he got.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 07-12-2023 at 10:12 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    This is a major point of regret for me. I felt his play was underwhelming but he certainly deserved more support than what he got.
    Funny, if you believed the Athletic/Joshua Kloke as gospel, the slant of the 'Italians' being the cancer, that it's BB and now MAK that are first to go. The low hanging fruit of 'a pox on all' just not completed yet begun? Strong indication to me, the shift from possibility to probability, that TFC moves on from MB, sooner rather than later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feels like we're being bailed out a bit here in this one...
    First Jozy, now MAK. Arena doing TFC/MLSE some solids. Byproduct... bona fides gestures building some goodwill with the organization? He may be getting older yet still keeping connect options viable? If mutual needs should ever align since tomorrow never knows?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    If the deal is straight up, that is a catastrophic decline in value of MAK. Both players moved in the last 12 months. MAK cost $1M in GAM plus Priso, Blessing cost only $400K.

I don’t know what to think. I know how bad MAK looked lately, it was awful, but he probably still has a lot more upside than Blessing. MAK saw WC minutes only 7 months ago.

I guess we needed to do something. I can’t argue against it, other than to say we may live to regret it.
    Don’t forget the 1st rounder… currently playing the 6 for Canada.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed. Being a hometown guy didn’t seem to count for much. Maybe there are no home towns anymore. People live online and anyway often don’t seem to know where they are.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Yes. Wow. Brain cramp here!
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am good with this trade. Always had respect for the MLS contribution made by the type of player BIessing is and represents; the Swiss Army Knife,.. jack of many positions. Hopefully he will fit immediately into whatever system/style of play TFC is emerging towards. However, the affect of the status situation of his MLS international designation/spot on TFC has yet not seemed to have been explained. Moreover, I do find it interesting that a common factor in these Ibarra and Blessing trades may be the angle of their personal pursuit of America Green Cards for themselves and then their families. The rumoured lack of support by the clubs they played at on the challenges of the latter after apparently receiving successful support on the former. Perhaps it may be easier for each of them to re-unite with their families in Canada?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like his level of support basically nosedived after that red card for Canada against Costa Rica during WC qualifying and with that his play fell. Was basically constantly negative since then.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    We would never have picked him anyway so I don't think about what ifs like that. We would have picked some American guy that somebody knew from somewhere and he would have ended up wallowing in nothingness or gone to the CPL like our other Bill era draft picks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In hindsight, the writing may have been on the wall when C.J. Frugging Sapong was given the armband instead of MAK.

I will choose to forget MAK ever played for this team and pretend the Rapids sent us Blessing instead, which feels, right now, like a little bit less of a ripoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Does this mean the megaphone guy comes back?
    This made me lol.
    Last edited by Bobo; 07-13-2023 at 08:55 AM.