Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Endoh's crossing is poor, there's no two ways about it. And his insistence on always taking two touches (when he was sent some real easy opportunities to hit a good fist time ball) was annoying. The attack was fruitless and pathetic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

endoh.oso and delgado are not starters in this league,name one team they can start for?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Next game is a week away. I hope Altidore is ready and a couple of the players who had shockers tonight are on the bench.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giovinco is clearly not happy.

I think we'll have another bloody big mess on our hands in the off season if things don't turn around quickly.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DIS-FUCKING-GUSTING!!!!!
    THAT WAS THE MOST EMBARASSING, THE MOST SHAMEFULL LOSS IN TFC HISTORY, AND THAT'S SAYING SOMETHING!!!!!
    WHEN YOU ARE PLAYING WITH A TWO MAN ADVANTAGE, YOU HAD BETTER GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKING TAKE FULL ADVANTAGE OF IT AND STAB THOSE THUGS ALL OVER THEIR FUCKING BODIES!!!!! YOU DO NOT PLAY PASSIVE AND ALLOW THOSE TURDS A CHANCE TO GET BACK INTO THE GAME!!!!! THAT WAS THE MOST EMBARASSING LOSS I'VE EVER SEEN FROM THIS SIDE!!!!!
    VANNEY, YOU HAD FUCKING BETTER WAKE THE FUCK UP RIGHT NOW!!!!! OR ELSE NOT ONLY ARE YOU GOING TO BE OUT OF A JOB, BUT NO ONE IS GOING TO TOUCH YOUR SORRY ASS FOR ANYTHING!!!!! NOT EVEN A GIRL'S PEE WEE POSITION!!!!!

FUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Endoh and Osorio were particularly bad tonight. Vanney's tactics shocking - not bringing on another striker when they went down to 9 men.
    Giovinco's worst game with TFC. He looks like he has chucked it to be honest. He doesn't even challenge for 60:40 balls. Any proper manager would have subbed him off and given him a bollocking. No player can feel like they are untouchable - it's a serious flaw with this DP nonsense idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feel bad for Bono. Kid looked to have improved a bit over the last year. That fingertip save in Columbus was just crazy and he had a decent kick save against Amarikwa. The coaching staff probably feel he's still raw but highly talented but now it's obvious has he has a concentration problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow this one stings. We should absolutely be winning up two men.

I just wanted to say that I don't really buy the poor Giovinco leave for your own good narrative. He is just as responsible for this loss as all of the other players and the coaching staff. Seba should be lifting up his team mates instead he is playing for himself and acting petulant. He needs an attitude adjustment.

We better see Q next week. I can't even with Bono. Was shocked that he ever got the nod ahead of Q who seems way more steady to me. Irwin can't be back soon enough.

As for Vanney - please don't fire him without a plan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good post - agree with the Gio comments - he was as poor as anyone else tonight. The "Gios the best player to ever play in the MLS thread is just embarrassing - it's so TFC-ish.

The fact that we had absolutely nothing on the bench that could have helped the team is on the whole management team. Where is the signing that is so desperately needed to boost a depleted squad? Vanney should go - but I highly doubt that they have someone lined up. We need a DP level manager.

Quote Originally Posted by redisthenewblk View Post
    Wow this one stings. We should absolutely be winning up two men.

I just wanted to say that I don't really buy the poor Giovinco leave for your own good narrative. He is just as responsible for this loss as all of the other players and the coaching staff. Seba should be lifting up his team mates instead he is playing for himself and acting petulant. He needs an attitude adjustment.

We better see Q next week. I can't even with Bono. Was shocked that he ever got the nod ahead of Q who seems way more steady to me. Irwin can't be back soon enough.

As for Vanney - please don't fire him without a plan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Inklink View Post
    Low point for a franchise with plenty of them (even if they tie).

Giovinco probably requesting a transfer post game.
    On tonight's evidence, he won't be missed...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fans turning on Giovinco is the last thing we need as a team.

But I couldn't fault anyone for doing so after the display I saw tonight.

I honestly think that Gio is a prima-dona that is apparently done with this team, but more significantly done with MLS. (judging by his actions tonight)

Defoe 2.0

I can hardly blame the man. The reffing that he's being subjected to is atrocious. He can't play his game because bigger players just push him off the ball at will and he's not being protected.

This is a no contact sport were little men can do their thing and thrive if they have skills like Plata and Messi. But not if they are being hip checked and muscled off the ball by much larger men!?! The refs are driving Giovinco out of the league!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Good post - agree with the Gio comments - he was as poor as anyone else tonight. The "Gios the best player to ever play in the MLS thread is just embarrassing - it's so TFC-ish.
    My dad thinks Giovinco is garbage in the big scheme of things for TFC. He's rarely wrong when it comes to soccer.

Giovinco didn't bother to try to take on SJ defenders 1v1 in 2nd half. Then resorted to garbage long range shots when SJ scored. He's part of the problem.
    The fact that we had absolutely nothing on the bench that could have helped the team is on the whole management team. Where is the signing that is so desperately needed to boost a depleted squad? Vanney should go - but I highly doubt that they have someone lined up. We need a DP level manager.
    You don't need an amazing tactician in MLS to win. You need an avg tactician, but a good man manager. Vermes and Petke aren't the smartest managers, but they command respect of their players who will fight for their managers. Or else get fired. Petke had the balls to bench Thierry Henry. You think Vanney has the balls to bench Giovinco?
    Even mediocre tacticians like Benny Olsen can win a trophy with sheer determination and squeezing every drop of effort from his players. Vanney can't.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    My dad thinks Giovinco is garbage in the big scheme of things for TFC. He's rarely wrong when it comes to soccer.

Giovinco didn't bother to try to take on SJ defenders 1v1 in 2nd half. Then resorted to garbage long range shots when SJ scored. He's part of the problem.

You don't need an amazing tactician in MLS to win. You need an avg tactician, but a good man manager. Vermes and Petke aren't the smartest managers, but they command respect of their players who will fight for their managers. Or else get fired. Petke had the balls to bench Thierry Henry. You think Vanney has the balls to bench Giovinco?
    Even mediocre tacticians like Benny Olsen can win a trophy with sheer determination and squeezing every drop of effort from his players. Vanney can't.

Fucking totally agree.

Vanney should bench Giovinco for the next match. And Bono should never put on a TFC jersey ever again.

We played better without him in Columbus anyway... he's (Giovinco) obviously done with the team, league, and refs. He totally gave up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree with your dads assessment on Seba. The way the team's is currently, yes, he does no good. You can't be the only guy that the team depends on the score.
    But imagine Seba playing on a well rounded squad like LA, or Vancouver, or Portland...
    There HAVE to be other players that are dangerous, and can score goals aside from the one striker. The fact that this isn't a burning concern for TFC is, well, concerning. Why haven't they signed Edwards? Or traded a CB for a forward within the league?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    Fucking totally agree.

Vanney should bench Giovinco for the next match. And Bono should never put on a TFC jersey ever again.

We played better without him in Columbus anyway... he's (Giovinco) obviously done with the team, league, and refs. He totally gave up.
    I think Seba is more done with Vanney and his attack supply lines than anything else.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I disagree with your dads assessment on Seba. The way the team's is currently, yes, he does no good. You can't be the only guy that the team depends on the score.
    But imagine Seba playing on a well rounded squad like LA, or Vancouver, or Portland...
    There HAVE to be other players that are dangerous, and can score goals aside from the one striker. The fact that this isn't a burning concern for TFC is, well, concerning. Why haven't they signed Edwards? Or traded a CB for a forward within the league?
    it's a serious flaw in roster design that heavily relies on DPs on one thing or another. As for Giovinco, good players are good. Great players adapt to the situation and overcome the challenges.

Say what you will about Beckham or Henry, but they never gave up. Giovinco? Well, his body language is no good this season. If you're paid 6 mil a season and you can't score on sitters, then it's a problem.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its shit on seba time...look at the hacks he is playing with,talk about bandwagon jumpers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's a serious flaw in roster design that heavily relies on DPs on one thing or another. As for Giovinco, good players are good. Great players adapt to the situation and overcome the challenges.

Say what you will about Beckham or Henry, but they never gave up. Giovinco? Well, his body language is no good this season.
    Can you blame him though? He's surrounded by mediocre players. Henry and Beckham were surrounded by players that were hungry, and fought for their coach.
    As much as my heart is telling me that Seba is done with the team, I really think that a couple goals and a winning streak will change that. By the way the played tonight though, it ain't happening.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    its shit on seba time...look at the hacks he is playing with,talk about bandwagon jumpers.
    Nobody is shitting on Seba - Yohan is making an observation, and he isn't wrong. The little man is clearly frustrated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Seba is more done with Vanney and his attack supply lines than anything else.

I hope you're right because letting a player like Seba go because this team and league can't get their shit together is going to kill me and probably kill many other fans and eventually the league itself.

I can't stomach another Defoe/bloody big mess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't get to tune in tonight but sounds like that was for the best..I would have likely smashed my TV. How the fuck do we drop a match up 2 men for a huge portion of the game? This is a new low for TFC. Two golden chances to move up in the standings against a shitty columbus side and a 9 man SJ squad and we walk away with 1 point out of those two matches...fucking disgraceful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

name a league in any sport.that has 6 to 7 mil players playing beside 60k to 100k players,the MLS is trash and will always be trash until they change this pay system.i go and will always go because i love futbol and support my local team.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you blame him though? He's surrounded by mediocre players. Henry and Beckham were surrounded by players that were hungry, and fought for their coach.
    As much as my heart is telling me that Seba is done with the team, I really think that a couple goals and a winning streak will change that. By the way the played tonight though, it ain't happening.
    it's not mediocre players. it's the mediocre manager.
    this TFC team has the most talent ever in its history. a retarded sock puppet can motivate a team better than Vanney

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's not mediocre players. it's the mediocre manager.
    this TFC team has the most talent ever in its history. a retarded sock puppet can motivate a team better than Vanney
    I agree with that.
    I suspected Seba had an issue with Vanney last year. Now I'm convinced of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think for sure... seba and vanney have issues,i guess we will see who the club sides with by the end of this window or the end of the season?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post

It's not shit on Seba time.

It's shit on TFC and MLS because they can't keep players like Seba and Defoe happy with the players, pitches, team mates, or the referees that they have to endure when playing in MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto FC: All-time lows since 2007.

Welcome to the loss that defines an era.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sitting here in CDG Paris Airport post-Euros, waiting to return to Toronto.
    Just watched the San Jose highlights.
    Three things:
    1) The first one wasn't a red card.
    2) The second one wasn't a red card.
    3) Bono has to make that save.

Doesn't seem like I've missed much .