Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched the replay and it was clearly an assist. Not even a question.

Also at the end of the game, they showed Giovinco and Kamara both tied with 12 goals and now the mls website shows 13 for Kamara.

How is this possible if Columbus does not play until tomorrow? Or maybe im missing something..

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    He originally had one. They took it off. In a league that counts second assists that's BS to me.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    Ahh, I can't hate Vic Rauter, even when he's bad. The guy is TSN's jack-of-all-trades, who just does whatever beat they put him on. He's mainly their curling guy, for God's sake.

And I laughed out loud when he just started going JACKSON JACKSON JACKSON JACKSON. It also thought it was hilarious how he kept pronouncing Giovinco as "Joe-vinco"
    He actually pronounces it better than a lot of announcers.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    I watched the replay and it was clearly an assist. Not even a question.

Also at the end of the game, they showed Giovinco and Kamara both tied with 12 goals and now the mls website shows 13 for Kamara.

How is this possible if Columbus does not play until tomorrow? Or maybe im missing something..
    Agreed. Maybe it's just me but it pisses me off they apparently aren't counting it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    He actually pronounces it better than a lot of announcers.
    It IS pronounced joe-vinco, not gio-vinco.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was in the west stand and it was insanely hot so I can't imagine what the east side was like. It really was unbearably hot. In terms of play we didn't play great but it was enough to have control of the game. Gio was top class (goes without saying) and everyone else played fine. There were long spells when not much was happening but at the end of the day it's the three points that count.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warner had a terrible game today. I was happy when Vanney subbed him out. So many plays broke down when it went through Warner. When Bradley comes back starting mid should be Osorio, Bradley, Delgado and Cheyrou

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    It IS pronounced joe-vinco, not gio-vinco.
    I guess you missed my thread

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...-Gee-oh-vin-co
    Last edited by Jack; 07-18-2015 at 10:51 PM.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    Ahh, I can't hate Vic Rauter, even when he's bad. The guy is TSN's jack-of-all-trades, who just does whatever beat they put him on. He's mainly their curling guy, for God's sake.

And I laughed out loud when he just started going JACKSON JACKSON JACKSON JACKSON. It also thought it was hilarious how he kept pronouncing Giovinco as "Joe-vinco"
    I don't hate Rauter, but I also don't like listening to him. Such a beer league feeling to it when he's commentating. That said, I'll still take him ten times out of ten of Gerry Dobson. That guy can't tell the difference between Andy Iro and Joao Plata

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They announced 25k at the game. Before they said it, I was guessing 23k. It was pretty rammed. That pic was pre-game. Remember this is Toronto where no one shows up to sporting events on time. It was pretty damn loud in there today. I can't wait for the roof. Gonna be scary loud with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    I can't stand listening to Rauters. Just doesn't know what was going on. For example, he had Morgan playing both left and right back. Or at another point there was a sequence where the ball came to Delgado, who passed it to Osorio, who passed it to Giovinco, but Rauters called Delgado Giovinco, and then called Osorio Delgado. And he was doing that the whole game.
    And how about that sequence near the end when Jackson was making a run after a ball where all he would say was "Jackson..Jackson...Jackson...Jackson"

I swear he must have repeated his name 5 times in a row.

He's one of those commentators that means well. Let's not forget, before they replaced him with guys like Jack, De Vos, and Willeman, he was TSN's go to soccer guy the way Gerry Dobson has become for Sportsnet. The thing is, the sport has grown from an TV audience perspective to the point that soccer fans here can finally ask for better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched the game on TV in Athens, Greece. We played like crap until we scored the first goal. The midfield was totally disjointed. Delgado is a winger and Osario is a central mid fielder. It ain't rocket science Vanney you idiot! Morgan played a blinder and it's good to see he is coming into form.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A Stick View Post
    I watched the game on TV in Athens, Greece.
    It was on tv?!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    It was on tv?!
    It was on eurosport

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    Hey... hope you managed to make good use of my tickets. Yeah, the folks at the bottom of 114 love to wave those flags about for extended periods of time. Which is why I'm glad my seats are near the top of 114. There's no rule specifically regarding when flags are used, but clearly those guys take things a bit far. To be honest, they're the ones who should be at the top of the section.
    The flag waving yesterday by those guys was just obnoxious and I missed vast pieces of play throughout the game. So did most of the people around me at the back to middle of 114. All we saw was "Seba passes to the centre - Jozy gets the ball - flag - flag - flag - Philly have the ball - make pass - flag - TFC have the ball again - flag" etc etc. There was one penalty appeal by Philly towards the end of the game that most of 114 missed due to that flag. If it was actually a penalty nobody would have seen what happened.

I understand a supporters group want to create atmosphere, but they have to think of everybody else trying to watch the game. The two big flags were waved almost constantly and really did ruin the game for a bunch of people. Towards the end of the game a lot of middle 114 people started throwing their beers and water at them and some people were getting very angry- creating a rift between your own supports is not cool at all.

Wave at the start of the game, wave immediately after a goal, wave at half, wave at the end to celebrate, but not throughout the game during important and entertaining play. I'm going to have to call my ticket rep and complain if it continues like yesterday throughout the season as it really ruins watching the game. But the last thing I, or other 114 fans want is to STOP completely being able to bring flags in - so those guys really should wave them responsibly and not make your own fans so angry that they nearly have a fight about it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SKB View Post
    Warner had a terrible game today. I was happy when Vanney subbed him out. So many plays broke down when it went through Warner. When Bradley comes back starting mid should be Osorio, Bradley, Delgado and Cheyrou
    our first goal came from Warner splitting the midfield with his pass to Osorio. Same thing with Giovinco's second goal last week. He does good stuff in possession all the time. He's also the defensive foil for Osorio and Cheyrou. As good as Delgado has been playing, Warner has a key role on the field when him Osorio Bradley and Cheyrou are on the field together, and I don't think Delgado can do what Warner does.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Found this on twitter.

Would really like to know what they were saying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the weather had to be a factor as why they did not play so great. If its too hot to be sitting in the stands watching the game, I could only imagine what its like to be running for 90 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    So hot. It wasn't an ideal game, but we got the result we needed. Weren't we complaining that we couldn't get results when we played poorly? Today we weren't especially good, but we got the result.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Found this on twitter.

Yes, considering neither speaks the other's language.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re flags and 114. I'm in row 7, not waving a flag. I got hit with some asshole at the top of 114s beer yesterday. Throwing beer and starting chant mutinies is just as disrespectful as flying flags during the run of play. Maybe fellow supporters can try coming to a comprise instead of the two wrongs make a right approach. Didn't see anyone even attempt to talk it out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the flag waving bothers you guys so much just move 1 section over. Simple as that. There are always empty seats around. Even on days when it's packed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the kind of attitude that makes me happy to sit in the north end despite being a dedicated supporter. No one should be asked to move from the seat they paid for in order to actually watch the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Waving flags during football games is pointless
    Last edited by Areathrasher; 07-19-2015 at 10:35 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    The flag waving yesterday by those guys was just obnoxious and I missed vast pieces of play throughout the game. So did most of the people around me at the back to middle of 114. All we saw was "Seba passes to the centre - Jozy gets the ball - flag - flag - flag - Philly have the ball - make pass - flag - TFC have the ball again - flag" etc etc. There was one penalty appeal by Philly towards the end of the game that most of 114 missed due to that flag. If it was actually a penalty nobody would have seen what happened.

I understand a supporters group want to create atmosphere, but they have to think of everybody else trying to watch the game. The two big flags were waved almost constantly and really did ruin the game for a bunch of people. Towards the end of the game a lot of middle 114 people started throwing their beers and water at them and some people were getting very angry- creating a rift between your own supports is not cool at all.

Wave at the start of the game, wave immediately after a goal, wave at half, wave at the end to celebrate, but not throughout the game during important and entertaining play. I'm going to have to call my ticket rep and complain if it continues like yesterday throughout the season as it really ruins watching the game. But the last thing I, or other 114 fans want is to STOP completely being able to bring flags in - so those guys really should wave them responsibly and not make your own fans so angry that they nearly have a fight about it!
    Had ad this exact same shit happen at the game in Columbus. Miss most of the game. Gotta say I'm with you on this but thankfully no flags in my area so no worries. Also had a fellow TFC supporter challenge me to a fight. That's a different story tho.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Found this on twitter.

Assume he must of said something to him going by Gio's hand gesture...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redisthenewblk View Post
    Re flags and 114. I'm in row 7, not waving a flag. I got hit with some asshole at the top of 114s beer yesterday. Throwing beer and starting chant mutinies is just as disrespectful as flying flags during the run of play. Maybe fellow supporters can try coming to a comprise instead of the two wrongs make a right approach. Didn't see anyone even attempt to talk it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennon View Post
    If the flag waving bothers you guys so much just move 1 section over. Simple as that. There are always empty seats around. Even on days when it's packed.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmacd View Post
    This is the kind of attitude that makes me happy to sit in the north end despite being a dedicated supporter. No one should be asked to move from the seat they paid for in order to actually watch the game.
    Addressing this yet again...

That section is going to be that section. They are allowed to do it so they will. The fact one has tickets there is unfortunate if one doesn't share that mentality but one is always welcome to squeeze in where flag waving is done at particular points. 112 took a long time to get that way with a lot of convos that started like this one.

You have options to enjoy the game you want to.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Waving flags during football games is pointless
    That's opinion. And you're welcome to it. Plenty would disagree.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Found this on twitter.

Who is that? Vanney was wearing red yesterday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know your Canadian when you complain about the weather especially after a brutal winter.

You will never see me complain about "hot" weather in Canada. LOL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there some sort of beef between 114 and the Red patch boys? We we're having this convo with at the top of 115 that if you guys could get the 4 sections with capos (112,113,114,117) doing the same chants, it would be deafening(obviously the roof will help) , but one of the guys said that you guys don't get along with them? Is that true?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    You know your Canadian when you complain about the weather especially after a brutal winter.

You will never see me complain about "hot" weather in Canada. LOL.
    ^
    We agree. No complaints about the match yesterday.
    * no rain
    * free T-shirts
    * three BIG points!