Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdogg View Post
    Where is everyone seeing sections being sold out? I must be missing a link on the renewal website somewhere?

http://seasonseats.torontofc.ca/new.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    If you get relocated to a cheaper section, to get you get your money back?
    Yes in the past if you had overpaid you get credited back. But if you take the payment plan they just adjust future payments down to compensate. Not sure what availability was like this past year for yellows for relocation but don't imagine too many giving up with the continued low price. Best bet is probably next year if they significantly raise prices.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    Thanks for posting.

good work on TFC's part to hold prices.

and yeah, I agree with Phil.
    they are totally going to hammer us when the team finally does well.
    so then we're in the clear for at least 10 years :0
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, amazed at the pricing grid that they have setup for the new upper east level. I had originally hoped to move from my section (mid-upper 110) to the area just above it. To get the same pricing, I'd need to be sitting way at the back of 210. I guess I expected something similar to the west stand.

Renewal is very iffy for me this year, not because of the quality on the pitch but mostly due to lack of relocation options. The individuals in the seats directly beside and in front of us ruined many game day experiences, so we were hoping on moving to the uppers. With such odd pricing, and lack of light greys available, we may just go to the single game route.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just wanted to share my experience that I had today as a fan trying to become a new season seat holder for the first time.

First of all, this whole thing has been a very frustrating process. I have wanted to buy seasons seats for a long time but there was never something available in my price range(around $350-$400). I even did the half season pack for a while so I can be "higher" on the wait list.

When I heard about the stadium expansion, I was pretty sure I could find something in my price range. I decided right away to put a deposit down, knowing that the deposit wasn't refundable but that I could use it for another ticket purchase if they couldn't find my seats.

I emailed my ticket rep before placing the deposit and told him what price range I was looking for and what type of seats (similar to light greys). He said that "he would make sure he finds the seats I am looking for".

Today I get an email saying that ALL light grey's and blacks in the new upper east stand were sold out to begin with.

I thought I was missing something. How is it that all light grey's and blacks in a brand new upper level were sold out? I emailed my rep asking him to clarify since we were told that if we put a deposit down, we are the first to get access to the new seats. His response?

"Those light greys in the new seats are dedicated for youth soccer clubs around the GTA.
    I’m sorry about that but we have certain commitments to the youth soccer community for groups each game."

This didn't make any sense to me. There is no way that MLSE will save ALL light greys in the entire upper east stand for youth soccer clubs.

I emailed him back and told him to not bother calling me tomorrow during my designated appointment time as the only available tickets for new season seat holder are medium greys (they go for $684).

Overall a disappointing experience. I guess I'll stick to getting cheap tickets on game day!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bargs7 View Post
    Just wanted to share my experience that I had today as a fan trying to become a new season seat holder for the first time.

First of all, this whole thing has been a very frustrating process. I have wanted to buy seasons seats for a long time but there was never something available in my price range(around $350-$400). I even did the half season pack for a while so I can be "higher" on the wait list.

When I heard about the stadium expansion, I was pretty sure I could find something in my price range. I decided right away to put a deposit down, knowing that the deposit wasn't refundable but that I could use it for another ticket purchase if they couldn't find my seats.

I emailed my ticket rep before placing the deposit and told him what price range I was looking for and what type of seats (similar to light greys). He said that "he would make sure he finds the seats I am looking for".

Today I get an email saying that ALL light grey's and blacks in the new upper east stand were sold out to begin with.

I thought I was missing something. How is it that all light grey's and blacks in a brand new upper level were sold out? I emailed my rep asking him to clarify since we were told that if we put a deposit down, we are the first to get access to the new seats. His response?

"Those light greys in the new seats are dedicated for youth soccer clubs around the GTA.
    I’m sorry about that but we have certain commitments to the youth soccer community for groups each game."

This didn't make any sense to me. There is no way that MLSE will save ALL light greys in the entire upper east stand for youth soccer clubs.

I emailed him back and told him to not bother calling me tomorrow during my designated appointment time as the only available tickets for new season seat holder are medium greys (they go for $684).

Overall a disappointing experience. I guess I'll stick to getting cheap tickets on game day!
    Those seats are ALL for youth teams? FO must be damned worried about empty seats on the TV side of the field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Those seats are ALL for youth teams? FO must be damned worried about empty seats on the TV side of the field.
    Or more like they're trying to get people to buy expensive seats instead of cheap seats that usually sold out first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And there it is. Wonder what the story is for the black seating...not that there is a big difference in price between them and medium grey. Guess they really don't need to sell the new seats if everyone renews at last year's prices?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"One (1) renewed account, receives one (1) Exclusive Season Seat Holder Experience."

So, properly, it should be called the Exclusive Account Holder Experience, because no matter how many season seats your account holds, you get just "one (1)" exclusive experience.

what a bunch of dicks.

edit - well, i see that each experience includes a guest, so at least there's that.
    Last edited by lobo; 11-17-2014 at 10:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lobo View Post
    "One (1) renewed account, receives one (1) Exclusive Season Seat Holder Experience."

So, properly, it should be called the Exclusive Account Holder Experience, because no matter how many season seats your account holds, you get just "one (1)" exclusive experience.

what a bunch of dicks.

edit - well, i see that each experience includes a guest, so at least there's that.
    Just compared the two lists...no mention of the season seat holder experience in the new sign up list. Do they want to sell these new seats or not???? Sad the way they are messing this up. Take a good look at Pookie's list of other club's benefits for seasons....no comparison. Damn, guess it's just another chapter in the life of a MLSE team fan/supporter.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand why they couldn't include raptor seats this year,
    But still, I don't see other than discounted cost (which brings up a whole different discussion about proper pricing), what they are offering season seat holders.
    Where is the value added? Where are the fun items that make you feel valued as an SSH?
    We had a garbage result on the field this past season, they added a tonne of new seat inventory, and they created this flashy website, to pimp the fact they are giving us a scarf.
    No raptor tix, no jersey, nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So crazy that some price levels (eg light to dark gray) you step across an aisle or go up one row and pay double.

Besides that just do fed up with this organization . We delivered a big steaming pile so to reward you loyal fans we won't gouge you any more than before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's no value unless demand sudden skyrockets . Right now would be lucky to sell your seat for half price if cant attend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had 6 young friends; recent university grads who in the previous couple years went to about 3 to 7 games each. They spent $50 each on that non-refundable deposit only to find out the least expensive option they have is $36/game tickets and they'd have a hard time sitting together at that price. This pricing strategy does not get new fans out; it especially does not help increase the supporter base. When will MLSE learn we don't want to be priced like an EPL club and we aren't TML fans

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    ....This pricing strategy does not get new fans out; it especially does not help increase the supporter base.....

I think they are just, and I do mean just, beginning to understand that

a) scalpers are not their market.

b) TV shows a whole swath of the crowd that is not seen during hockey and bball games.

The move to get youth teams in the east side is a small step in the mental process.

But, gosh they are thick.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I feel for your friends prizby.

The sad thing is, after renewals, I'll bet that seats in the affordable sections open up.

And I have my eyebrow raised as high as it can go over the notion that thousands of seats in the new sections have been pre-sold or at least set aside for youth soccer teams. How many soccer clubs are snapping up a min of 30 seats each for the season? And when exactly was (or is) this sale process to soccer clubs?

Possible. Probable?

They had two routes to go. Grassroots or create artificial value for those that spend more.

Good luck to them on the latter strategy they opted to go with.

Don't worry though, when they need to market atmosphere of the "most passionate fans in MLS" I am sure they will reach out to you all.

If you re-up, all the power to you. Don't forget your suit and cell phone. And try not to arrive before the 20 min mark of the first Half. You wouldn't want to look out of place with the other most passionate fans in MLS(E) they have opted to now build their business around.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Or more like they're trying to get people to buy expensive seats instead of cheap seats that usually sold out first.
    8,000 kids want to go see TFC every game? That's awesome. I've seen how many they get out to Canada games and if this season sells out in Top of the East stand AND THE GROUPS SHOW UP it will look and be fantastic for the future of the sport, not just the club.

I don't enjoy thinking so doubtfully but let's consider the monumental credit TFC should get if this has already happened - Something Canada has tried to do time and again for its games and you've seen the results. I would imagine this "job done" would have already been plastered all over the media filled with well-earned back slapping.

So IF they have sold or even given away those seats already I anxiously anticipate the packed crowd. If this is a ruse they will hear about to an extent that will damage their reputation even more(?)(Is that even possible?).
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ with the way the club treats the other soccer teams in Southern Ontario, I expect those seats to be empty. If you plunk down those tickets to youth soccer on a night where the OSA makes it OK for the kids to come, then they take them.

TFC games would interfere with most tournaments (weekends) and practice times. As a result most pass, or take them and don't show up. Also mix in the ewww factor that its TFC and people don't want to watch a loosing team - it could be a while before there is any real demand. This whole renewal and expansion feels like lipstick on a pig.

I will stick with it, but its clear that TFC missing the playoffs threw a pretty major monkey wrench into MLSE's plan.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    I feel for your friends prizby.

The sad thing is, after renewals, I'll bet that seats in the affordable sections open up.

And I have my eyebrow raised as high as it can go over the notion that thousands of seats in the new sections have been pre-sold or at least set aside for youth soccer teams. How many soccer clubs are snapping up a min of 30 seats each for the season? And when exactly was (or is) this sale process to soccer clubs?

Possible. Probable?

They had two routes to go. Grassroots or create artificial value for those that spend more.

Good luck to them on the latter strategy they opted to go with.

Don't worry though, when they need to market atmosphere of the "most passionate fans in MLS" I am sure they will reach out to you all.

If you re-up, all the power to you. Don't forget your suit and cell phone. And try not to arrive before the 20 min mark of the first Half. You wouldn't want to look out of place with the other most passionate fans in MLS(E) they have opted to now build their business around.
    Devil is in the details here. You'll note the wording is "dedicated" to youth clubs, not sold or given. If true, they have a sizable block available for youth teams, some fraction of the will get used on a game by game basis, and rest can be turned around and sold as singles by the club. I'll bet a lot of those tickets are available as singles on TM this season.

It's a convenient excuse to give to people that were hoping to get in on a low price point, because, if, as FYR says - they actually get thousands of kids out per game (which is about as likely as pigs flying, or TFC making the playoffs), it's hard to argue that is a not good thing.
    Last edited by brad; 11-18-2014 at 08:38 AM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If they can get 8,000 kids and parents to games then that is awesome.

As a coach who brought my own teams down, it is a great experience and the game day staff made it memorable for the kids (player escorts, etc).

However, I don't ever recall those seats being free. In fact, I don't even recall much of a group discount.

I do recall my own soccer club giving up their 10+ season seats they had based on the rising prices.

As a soccer parent, I also know that most kids are involved in weekend matches. Every Saturday for those of us with kids in SAAC or the OPDL. Micro soccer thrives on weekends as do rep tournaments.

I am like you. I think these are being held back so as the expensive seats can be sold first. I am highly skeptical that these tickets will be given away and equally skeptical that clubs, many of whom are running deficits, will be lining up to buy thousands of these seats on a season long basis.

I guess we'll know soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If so seats are earmarked for youth teams its a positive. Doubt how many show up because of schedule or such like Phil said.

The pricing model has to be looked at thats for sure. Having a non increase for renewals is fine and keeps your long time fans mostly happy with renewing. However as a new fan why would I shell out close to double as a new SSH?

It seems like they don't believe they can keep the long time fans happy without flogging someone. Its sad as i feel it will draw those thinking of jumping on board to just going with single seats all season long.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wrote to my ticket rep. Perhaps I am thread straddling (should this be in BMO Expansion?) but I feel that the renewal email and info seems more of a snub than an enticement.... (ps I did tell her that I would post parts of my letter both here and on my blog)

I am concerned with the expansion, notably the clubs and dining facilities that are being added. Not one will be available to the loyal fans who sit in section 220. As a season seat holder since day 1, I have found that your section becomes your neighbourhood. I consider many of the folks around us good friends. So, essentially, looking at upgrading your section (which seems the only way to get access to improved dining and any VIP perks) feels like abandoning your friends and neighbours.

Did consideration for regular fans, the ones who have been there for years, never enter somebody's head? I think that a dining facility that had no view of the field, but was available before, during and after the game has real potential. Fans in a section such as 220 are not poverty stricken. They have been a part of the club for years. Your new BMO Field is telling them to continue to spend their pre-game and post-game dollars in Liberty Village. You are too busy catering in fancy clubs for big bucks people who wouldn't know a Bradley from a Dichio...

I am afraid my perception of this is that MLSE continues to put "Corporate schmoozing" ahead of facilities for fans.

I fully understand that your role is to field the complaints, you are not making the decisions. Thanks for reading and talk soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Devil is in the details here. You'll note the wording is "dedicated" to youth clubs, not sold or given. If true, they have a sizable block available for youth teams, some fraction of the will get used on a game by game basis, and rest can be turned around and sold as singles by the club. I'll bet a lot of those tickets are available as singles on TM this season.

It's a convenient excuse to give to people that were hoping to get in on a low price point, because, if, as FYR says - they actually get thousands of kids out per game (which is about as likely as pigs flying, or TFC making the playoffs), it's hard to argue that is a not good thing.
    BINGO!!!! I'd put money on the fact those seats are, for the most part, sold as singles this season.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Still Kicking View Post
    I wrote to my ticket rep. Perhaps I am thread straddling (should this be in BMO Expansion?) but I feel that the renewal email and info seems more of a snub than an enticement.... (ps I did tell her that I would post parts of my letter both here and on my blog)

I am concerned with the expansion, notably the clubs and dining facilities that are being added. Not one will be available to the loyal fans who sit in section 220. As a season seat holder since day 1, I have found that your section becomes your neighbourhood. I consider many of the folks around us good friends. So, essentially, looking at upgrading your section (which seems the only way to get access to improved dining and any VIP perks) feels like abandoning your friends and neighbours.

Did consideration for regular fans, the ones who have been there for years, never enter somebody's head? I think that a dining facility that had no view of the field, but was available before, during and after the game has real potential. Fans in a section such as 220 are not poverty stricken. They have been a part of the club for years. Your new BMO Field is telling them to continue to spend their pre-game and post-game dollars in Liberty Village. You are too busy catering in fancy clubs for big bucks people who wouldn't know a Bradley from a Dichio...

I am afraid my perception of this is that MLSE continues to put "Corporate schmoozing" ahead of facilities for fans.

I fully understand that your role is to field the complaints, you are not making the decisions. Thanks for reading and talk soon.

Wait- You want a restaurant in 220?
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know if they are moving the away supporters section as part of the expansion?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does it make sense to pay extra to have access to one of the clubs? The club tickets come with better seats. I get the neighbourhood thing and people do get attached to their section, but I can see why this wouldn't make sense from their perspective. Why not just get the better seats?

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well previous to this there was a rogers club, but honestly it wasn't something I ever cared about. As long as they continue to give supporters groups the ability to support and grow thats really it from me. I don't go there to drink in their overpriced products or fabricated enviornments. Its true, they could have opened it up more, but the only reason I know some of that shit exists is because its on a web site.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How is everyone seeing the pricing options on all the sections of the stadium? I can't see any stadium chart that shows that. Can someone post a link?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    How is everyone seeing the pricing options on all the sections of the stadium? I can't see any stadium chart that shows that. Can someone post a link?
    http://seasonseats.torontofc.ca/new.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    It's the same link people have been sharing. For new: http://seasonseats.torontofc.ca/new.html, for renew: http://seasonseats.torontofc.ca/renew.html. For both sites, click on "Pricing and Details" at the top left.