Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hilarious. Toledo dishes a card, after not allowing a DEADLY advantage, in their third. A WHOLE HOST of time-wasting ensues, and he adds NOTHING, after the kick is taken.

This guy is about the biggest fuck boy I've ever seen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuliquE View Post
    This is amazing.
    I've been here long before day one with this club....and I'm totally entitled to being angry. Cheer all you want. I genuinely hope it makes you happy.

We we shouldn't let tfc make us upset at each other.

cheers

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toledo beat all expectations and far exceeded his usual card count. He was the star of the show. TFC? Not so much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fitting. We don't have the caliber of player on the field to go two versus three in the midfield and it showed. We didn't adjust, but that's because tactically we've rarely played that way; you can't adjust to a tactic you haven't practiced or played.

A lousy performance to cap a lousy season.

Bring on the three months of doubt and shame, followed by draft day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bendik is a hero for picking up Felipe. That was so awesome, love it. That clown deserved it.

End of the match was hilarious. Anyways there's no way we would've beat New England in the final game so who cares.

Gilberto was great again. Please keep him.

Please don't blow up the team this off-season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Bendik is a hero for picking up Felipe. That was so awesome, love it. That clown deserved it.

End of the match was hilarious. Anyways there's no way we would've beat New England in the final game so who cares.

Yeah, Bendik is a good egg.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

8 seasons and counting un fucken believable

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gilberto was great again.
    No. He looked great, as he generally does. But he missed at least two sitters. As he generally does.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are not good enough for the playoffs. It's as simple as that.
    The silver lining of this game is Bendik picking up Felipe. That was epic!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

probably the most disappointing end to a season in the past 8 years -- considering all the hype going into it. The fact that the tickets today were all but sold out and yet so few actually showed up is telling as well.

oh well, on course being an ML$E team.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    I've been here long before day one with this club....and I'm totally entitled to being angry. Cheer all you want. I genuinely hope it makes you happy.

We we shouldn't let tfc make us upset at each other.

cheers
    Sadly, you're right, and make a valid point, regarding us not allowing TFC to see us turn on each other.

That said, I think it's one thing to be angry, as you say you are, but, if I'm honest, I genuinely feel as if you're not often seen during the glorious points in the season -- the epic comebacks and the like -- only to resurface to call for bookings against our boys, or calling them "assholes," etc. I look at the comment you made about being happy for how Oduro's alleged embelishing should shut us up, and I see that as an indirect swipe.. only for you to play all righteous, when someone slightly reacts to it.

Hey, man.. I don't mean to single you out, here, but, for me, it's a clear double-standard. At the end of the day, it's pro sports -- you're not supposed to be all diplomatic and composed about how you support the lads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    No. He looked great, as he generally does. But he missed at least two sitters. As he generally does.
    Ensco, usually agree with you but not on this.He was the only decent player we had out there. Some great plays, hustle. Yeah he missed a couple of chances but created a couple of others from nothing. He is the least of our problems as far as I'm concerned.With some better players around him i am convinced the guy will come good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adam1001 View Post
    The silver lining of this game is Bendik picking up Felipe. That was epic!
    I didn't catch the game, what was this about?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I honestly feel like it's views like this, ignoring plenty of context, that have seen us ship out players of real/decent quality.

To be fair, you're not calling for him to be moved, but, alone, your comment seems to suggest that, all things equal, that's just his quality.. which is unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by azorean View Post
    Ensco, usually agree with you but not on this.He was the only decent player we had out there. Some great plays, hustle. Yeah he missed a couple of chances but created a couple of others from nothing. He is the least of our problems as far as I'm concerned.With some better players around him i am convinced the guy will come good.
    This.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I have to say for a DP striker he still leaves a lot to be desired. Effort is great, but playing up top is a results business and his season has been an inconsistent one. He has duffed some absolute sitters on occasion.

Is he providing enough? Hard to tell given the overall mixture of players on the field, but I'd have a hard time looking at Gilberto and saying we're getting as much out of him as say Dallas is getting out of Blaz Perez or whatever other comparison you'd want to make. Heck, let's make the obvious one: Urruti. Nelsen should be backhanded for letting go of someone with that sort of finishing ability for a more-expensive, less effecive, player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I didn't catch the game, what was this about?
    Felipe was on the ground holding his ankle and wasting time. Bendik comes out of nowhere, physically picks him up and places him outside the touchline to get the game going again haha

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if we should move him or not. He's a good player, but not great, and he's been a bust in the context of what he gets paid.

There are internationals who have come on like gangbusters in their second season, but usually they have Thierry Henry playing AM behind them.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what did Osorio do to get that red? Couldn't see it from 221.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adam1001 View Post
    Felipe was on the ground holding his ankle and wasting time. Bendik comes out of nowhere, physically picks him up and places him outside the touchline to get the game going again haha
    Like a babe in arms.

That was my play of the game, after Creavalle's goal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto FC continue their perfect streak of missing out on the playoffs; we really should of fielded the best team in Canadian Championship instead of playing for a spot outside of the playoffs would of meant something

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    So what did Osorio do to get that red? Couldn't see it from 221.
    Stomped on his foot when the ball wasn't in the area.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Yeah, I have to say for a DP striker he still leaves a lot to be desired. Effort is great, but playing up top is a results business and his season has been an inconsistent one. He has duffed some absolute sitters on occasion.

Is he providing enough? Hard to tell given the overall mixture of players on the field, but I'd have a hard time looking at Gilberto and saying we're getting as much out of him as say Dallas is getting out of Blaz Perez or whatever other comparison you'd want to make. Heck, let's make the obvious one: Urruti. Nelsen should be backhanded for letting go of someone with that sort of finishing ability for a more-expensive, less effecive, player.
    I'd still take Gilberto over Perez and Urruti without hesitation.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is somewhat fair, but then you have to put into context the overall characteristics behind the two sides (Dallas vs. TFC). Gilberto, despite being a DP, is the last place I would look to correct the issues with this team, and he's just about as cheap as they come, anyway (DP's).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is who he is, he played well. His job is to create chances. If he can finish 1 in 3 or 4 that's more than good enough, especially if there's any sort of decent team around him that can take advantage of a few of the ones he misses.

I'm as embarrassed as I've ever been to still support this club. In a must win game, in our derby match, against the worst team in the conference, and THAT was the effort and intensity? Absolutely shocking. Keep the core together, reinvest the money from selling Defoe and I'm back in march. Do a full blow up of the team, and or don't reinvest the money from Defoe and I'm done. I was drinking hard last night, woke up at 6:30 in the fucking morning to watch this game and the team could barely be fucked to show up? Why do I need this? I can't go to matches anymore, I can't watch on TV or in a bar. If the team isn't going to take the idea of representing Toronto seriously, why should I represent them? Anyone who represents the city of Toronto doesn't show up to a game against montreal like that. I'd already given up hope of the playoffs but we could at least show some fucking balls. At least pretend like they're playing for jobs even. Just... Fuck. I don't even know. /rant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you miss the header... He ran about a lot....that isn't the same as great. I agree with not blowing the team up in general.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    He is who he is, he played well. His job is to create chances. If he can finish 1 in 3 or 4 that's more than good enough, especially if there's any sort of decent team around him that can take advantage of a few of the ones he misses.

I'm as embarrassed as I've ever been to still support this club. In a must win game, in our derby match, against the worst team in the conference, and THAT was the effort and intensity? Absolutely shocking. Keep the core together, reinvest the money from selling Defoe and I'm back in march. Do a full blow up of the team, and or don't reinvest the money from Defoe and I'm done. I was drinking hard last night, woke up at 6:30 in the fucking morning to watch this game and the team could barely be fucked to show up? Why do I need this? I can't go to matches anymore, I can't watch on TV or in a bar. If the team isn't going to take the idea of representing Toronto seriously, why should I represent them? Anyone who represents the city of Toronto doesn't show up to a game against montreal like that. I'd already given up hope of the playoffs but we could at least show some fucking balls. At least pretend like they're playing for jobs even. Just... Fuck. I don't even know. /rant
    Yea . Most disappointing was just the lack of energy/intensity/urgency. The problem is I keep saying this to myself, comes a point when you have to realize they just aren't good enough.Maybe that's the best / most they can give.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd still take Gilberto over Perez and Urruti without hesitation.
    I'd be interested to hear why.

Perez is an absolute pest up front and has great holdup play. Urruti is one of the best poachers in the league and is very composed in the box. I find Gilberto to be athletic but bumbling with nowhere near the finishing ability of either of these players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heck, let's make the obvious one: Urruti. Nelsen should be backhanded for letting go of someone with that sort of finishing ability for a more-expensive, less effecive, player.
    Is he less effective? Urruti has contributed (through goals + assists) to 11 goals this year, Gilberto 12. And Urruti is playing with the 3rd best offense in the league.

Urruti is more clinical from what we've seen for sure. I don't know that he's more effective. I would wager Gilberto has the potential to be a far more effective player in MLS with a proper team behind him than Urruti could be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sigh. 8 years. 8 f$&king years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is he less effective? Urruti has contributed (through goals + assists) to 11 goals this year, Gilberto 12. And Urruti is playing with the 3rd best offense in the league.

Urruti is more clinical from what we've seen for sure. I don't know that he's more effective. I would wager Gilberto has the potential to be a far more effective player in MLS with a proper team behind him than Urruti could be.
    Exactly. Key is potential, there is so much there .