Page 201 of 215 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,030 of 6437
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Not for a team in our national soccer stadium. Ever.
    He's also actually not a very good soccer player.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lol...I was going through the MLS rosters (eastern conference, anyway) to look at possible replacements, and Bunbury was one of the few names I thought might be a possibility. Yeah, no thanks. What about Hoppenot at Philly?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    Lol...I was going through the MLS rosters (eastern conference, anyway) to look at possible replacements, and Bunbury was one of the few names I thought might be a possibility. Yeah, no thanks. What about Hoppenot at Philly?
    Connor Casey. Since we're doing the second time around thing. He had a great year last year and has the size to match with Defoe. Watch the pies though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^Yeah, but I'd tend to think he'd stay where he is. Besides, not sure how I feel about a player who didn't want to be here the first time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    ^Yeah, but I'd tend to think he'd stay where he is. Besides, not sure how I feel about a player who didn't want to be here the first time.
    He'd fit well with the cheque writer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Connor Casey.
    Was just thinking the same thing! Wasn't he listed on that waiver draft thinggy where we picked up Dero? Who picked him (did he get picked)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wince View Post
    Was just thinking the same thing! Wasn't he listed on that waiver draft thinggy where we picked up Dero? Who picked him (did he get picked)?
    I don't think he was in the waiver draft. Would have to have traded for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe we could make a move for Alan Gordon. I figure with Jahn adding another year of experience it's likely to cut into his already dwindling minutes. It would make sense for San Jose to trade him at 32 years old considering he's sitting in about 4th in the pecking order but still has something to offer of value.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    Maybe we could make a move for Alan Gordon. I figure with Jahn adding another year of experience it's likely to cut into his already dwindling minutes. It would make sense for San Jose to trade him at 32 years old considering he's sitting in about 4th in the pecking order but still has something to offer of value.
    I liked Gordon when he was here and would be willing to dismiss the catty comments he's made since leaving (I'm a softie), but to replace a mid-twenties, injured, injury-prone guy with an early thirties injury-prone guy doesn't make sense to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking the same thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VoxPopuliCosmicum View Post
    I liked Gordon when he was here and would be willing to dismiss the catty comments he's made since leaving (I'm a softie), but to replace a mid-twenties, injured, injury-prone guy with an early thirties injury-prone guy doesn't make sense to me.
    Well Dike is 27 so he's approaching late 20's. And I don't think age is too much of a concern considering the spot we're: trying to fill in a last minute vacancy for a domestic bench striker. If we did add Gordon he'd only be the 4th guy in his 30's on the team after Defoe, De Rosario and Orr.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gordon is on $175 grand a year. A bit of a jump from Dike at $60k
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Casey had a bit of resurgence year last season and expected to start for Philly this season. Also, on a huge wage.

Gordon makes more sense, but he's also a bit injury prone. SJ likes their target man, and I think Adam Jahn is easier to get than Gordon.

Casey Townsend got waived by DC. Former 1st rd pick, just couldn't stick anywhere. Worth a trial IMO
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Casey had a bit of resurgence year last season and expected to start for Philly this season. Also, on a huge wage.

Gordon makes more sense, but he's also a bit injury prone. SJ likes their target man, and I think Adam Jahn is easier to get than Gordon.

Casey Townsend got waived by DC. Former 1st rd pick, just couldn't stick anywhere. Worth a trial IMO
    Given the names being bandied about, I think people are suggesting not having a target forward is a problem. Casey Townsend isn't a target forward.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Teal just dealt to NE Revs.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Maybe getting playing time will put him on Klinsmann's radar for Brazil.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha, I was joking about Teal, didn't think he was really going to be moved.

About Gordon, who knows what he's getting paid this year. In 2012 (the year he signed his current contract) he was on $110k. But yeah, $175k is too much. I don't think we'd be able to get Jahn though, they seem to rate him and he just turned 25.

Looking over the Rev's roster and I don't see anyone that meets our needs. Charlie Davis is shit, and the rest are either young/unproven or internationals.

What's Omar Cummings doing in Houston? 0 goals in 11 appearances last year? Definately worth a punt at $90k.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL
    Somebody needs to harass him over twitter about this

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's Omar Cummings doing in Houston? 0 goals in 11 appearances last year? Definately worth a punt at $90k.
    he's looked good for Houston so far in preseason. had injury issues last couple of season though. fits well if Kinnear is going to play 4-3-3 again as wide right striker
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well for Teal, he has an ACL injury under his belt and now gets to play on the NE turf. That stuff is lovely.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha ha Amazing. Good for the little turncoat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, one more injury prone forward who's previously been linked with club: Herculez Gomez?

Seems to be having a bit of a shit time at Xolos since coming back from injury. No idea what his salary is though.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, one more injury prone forward who's previously been linked with club: Herculez Gomez?

Seems to be having a bit of a shit time at Xolos since coming back from injury. No idea what his salary is though.
    Gomez said he would have been a DP in MLS on his current Liga MX salary. Be pretty good signing though. (and he'd stop scoring on us lol)

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ouch yeah that puts him out. I was thinking maybe he'd be in the low $200's, which still could be too much for Dike's replacement.

Man, it's tough coming up with ideas for domestic centre forwards that can be pried away from their club. Why did Rob Friend have to go to LA? If we were going to try to replace Dike with a similar type of player who is there? I mentioned earlier that Marcus Haber could be a short term loan option... is that possible?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post

scha·den·freu·de

noun, often capitalized \ˈshä-dən-ˌfrȯi-də\ : a feeling of enjoyment that comes from seeing or hearing about the troubles of other people

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/schadenfreude

No love for Teal from most CMNT supporters, that's for sure.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most of these names seem a little bit out of our range given we are talking about a backup striker.

I would think about someone like Tommy Heinemann. Cheap, proven at working hard, not proven at goal scoring. Could bag goals, will make impact, bound to be useful.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Most of these names seem a little bit out of our range given we are talking about a backup striker.

I would think about someone like Tommy Heinemann. Cheap, proven at working hard, not proven at goal scoring. Could bag goals, will make impact, bound to be useful.
    signed with Ottawa, and the Caveman was who I was thinking for good backup too

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    signed with Ottawa, and the Caveman was who I was thinking for good backup too
    That's too bad for him. Can't believe there isn't a MLS team that would want to take him on.

Marc Dos Santos is assembling a pretty interesting team up there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heinemann just signed for the Fury. Doubt he's going anywhere so soon.

Edit - im too slow
    Last edited by MartinUtd; 02-19-2014 at 01:04 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    That's too bad for him. Can't believe there isn't a MLS team that would want to take him on.

Marc Dos Santos is assembling a pretty interesting team up there.
    starter mins vs bench on MLS team

-Eduardo Galeano