0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    I've never been convinced by Occean. I just don't think I'm a big fan. I think we can do better.
    And I would be wary of players like him whose success has come in large part by excellent service and a high technical ability of his teammates to get him the ball in perfect positions. Although not physically like Rob Friend, he is also a player where when the tactics are set up to his strengths, he excels, but when it's not doesn't seem able to produce. Occean would not get the same kind of delivery here as he did with Furth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andmat View Post
    Wow, that's one TALL roster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andmat View Post
    NOWHERE NEAR CLOSE TO UPDATED! Where is Cesar ????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.vancouversun.com/business...950/story.html

Not sure if this has been posted but mentions some players possibly coming in from Honduras.

Honduran striker Romell Quioto is one Toronto target, according to Honduran newspaper Dario Diez. Toronto has also been linked to Arnold Peralta, a midfielder who is a former captain of the Honduran under-23 team.
    Last edited by rickyforr; 02-05-2013 at 01:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 19Barrett19 View Post
    NOWHERE NEAR CLOSE TO UPDATED! Where is Cesar ????
    he is their..i saw clip of him..this is what it has become,i will slow down the vid to see who is on the field,the coverage is horrible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    he is their..i saw clip of him..this is what it has become,i will slow down the vid to see who is on the field,the coverage is horrible.
    I think he means the list available is nowhere near complete.

Becuase it isn't. Cesar, Bekker and Welshmen are not on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not worried about what other MLS teams are doing/not doing. What worries me is that TFC hasn't been able to sign a player yet this offseason other than picking up other teams scraps. Cesar was waived and passed on by all teams, Califf was waived and picked up through re-entry, and Aboss was a lottery win.

I love the moves Payne has done so far in terms of gaining allocation money and getting rid of players that he doesn't think will fit with this team. But I think it's crucial that at least 2 signings are made prior to season opening so that the new players can get used to the team. The season starts in less than a month and we've gotten rid of 6 players who started with us last year and havent' done anything to replace them (for the most part). Need I remind you that we finished dead last year?

Am I expecting playoffs? Hell no, but i want to see a competitive team, and right now we're lacking a lot of components still.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    I'm not worried about what other MLS teams are doing/not doing. What worries me is that TFC hasn't been able to sign a player yet this offseason other than picking up other teams scraps. Cesar was waived and passed on by all teams, Califf was waived and picked up through re-entry, and Aboss was a lottery win.

I love the moves Payne has done so far in terms of gaining allocation money and getting rid of players that he doesn't think will fit with this team. But I think it's crucial that at least 2 signings are made prior to season opening so that the new players can get used to the team. The season starts in less than a month and we've gotten rid of 6 players who started with us last year and havent' done anything to replace them (for the most part). Need I remind you that we finished dead last year?

Am I expecting playoffs? Hell no, but i want to see a competitive team, and right now we're lacking a lot of components still.
    Califf was too expensive at 275k for most teams and he had no future in gringo-less Chivas USA. TFC had 1st pick in re-entry draft so other MLS teams had no chance of picking him up.
    Cesar was a starter on a strong SKC team. SKC deemed him too expensive at 200k, when they have other players ready to fill in, esp with Cesar's age. That's not a knock on Cesar's ability as a player. It's just reality of cap management in MLS. Something has to give. As to why no other players picked him up, I don't know. Likely his age did matter, and for TFC, Cesar is a stop gap measure to find someone better than Dunfield and see if Stinson does pan out, though at this point, looks like Stinson will be used more at RB?

KP is doing an intricate dance trying to manage the cap space. He's cleared a lot, and I expect couple of signings, if those rumours out of Honduras is true. I suspect KP is holding out some cap space for summer signings.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/sta...22671988211712

@JohnMolinaro: Payne to me: "We would prefer 2 have our full team together when we open season but that probably won't be the case." He's taking his time.

I doubt we're going to have much depth come the start of the season. Hopefully Payne can sign at least one winger and striker since we need both badly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

David Rowaan ‏@soccercanada
    Joevin Jones on trial with Toronto FC down in Orlando. Defender/mid from T&T

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    described as LB/LW, 21 yrs old

previously had a trial with TFC 2 yrs ago
    Last edited by Yohan; 02-06-2013 at 12:30 PM.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ashton Morgan and Joevin Jones down the left flank would be lethal. Lots of athleticism and room for improvement in the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://instagram.com/p/VZXtjtkpzH/

That looks a lot like Tosaint Ricketts...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mcolvy View Post
    Ashton Morgan and Joevin Jones down the left flank would be lethal. Lots of athleticism and room for improvement in the future.
    Maybe we'll hear a signings announcement tomorrow, after the US v Honduras match this afternoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfc View Post
    http://instagram.com/p/VZXtjtkpzH/

That looks a lot like Tosaint Ricketts...
    That's Cesar. I can see the resemblance from that angle though.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dantdot View Post
    That's Cesar. I can see the resemblance from that angle though.
    And by number on his shorts. Cesar is 55

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and the #55 on the shorts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As per Neil Davidson: Daniel Fabrizi, Jonathan Osorio and Derrick Bassi are in Florida with the first team

https://mobile.twitter.com/deschamp8...6902427648?p=v

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by deschamp86 View Post
    As per Neil Davidson: Daniel Fabrizi, Jonathan Osorio and Derrick Bassi are in Florida with the first team

https://mobile.twitter.com/deschamp8...6902427648?p=v
    Davidson said those were academy players but Derrick Bassi was with Vancouver, Jonathan Osorio looks like he was with Nacional in Uruguay and Daniel Fabrizi is plying CIS with York. I wonder is these guys will be joining the U23/College team that is on the TFC site?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah. I remember hearing Whitecaps fans not being very high on Bassi, but don't remember for sure.

I'm pretty sure Fabrizi was with TFC Academy recently, if not last year then the year before.

Surprised Pasher and Camargo are not there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, you know things are slow when talk turns to which of the academy kids are in pre-season...zzzzzzzzzz...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone else watching the USA/Honduras match?

Earlier on when Peralta had the ball, there was a quick mention of him being close on his way to Toronto but then the deal being called off at the last minute.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A potential signing is a potential signing. In fact, I've usually been more interested in who the academy brings up than who we draft out of the NCAA. If Doneil Henry were going that route he'd still be in 2nd year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Earlier on when Peralta had the ball, there was a quick mention of him being close on his way to Toronto but then the deal being called off at the last minute.
    what a bicycle kick goal for Honduras

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by deschamp86 View Post
    Yeah. I remember hearing Whitecaps fans not being very high on Bassi, but don't remember for sure.

I'm pretty sure Fabrizi was with TFC Academy recently, if not last year then the year before.

Surprised Pasher and Camargo are not there.
    Wasn't Bassi at Middlesborough the same time as Saiko?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought Peralta looked good. Held off Eddie Johnson which is no easy feat. Crossing looks a bit desired but can play with both feet.

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Some of those PK's were really BAAAAD.

Liked Becker's and Frings.
    Justin Braun's was off the post and in. I'd say that one was good too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I thought Peralta looked good. Held off Eddie Johnson which is no easy feat. Crossing looks a bit desired but can play with both feet.
    Yeah he did. What a blunder by Howard/Cameron to allow the winning goal.

I'm hoping that Peralta is indeed our *promised* signing this week...aka tomorrow or friday. Or someone. anyone.

Just over 3 weeks till first kick!

*sigh*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wasn't there supposed to be news of a signing end of last week, and then perhaps the week after.

I mean, it's one thing to say it and appease the fans, but why would you say it unless there was some truth to the claim.