Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    looking at the skill that dallas has on the field and on the bench.i cant believe that we cant tap into that central and south american market,instead they are scouting bermuda and the virgin islands.wtf
    Here is one reason why. We don't participate in international scouting networks and ID services like over 200 clubs do from around the world, including MLS Clubs like FC Dallas, DC, LA, Chicago, Chivas, Columbus, Montreal, New England, NYRB, Portland, RSL, San Jose and Vancouver.

This resource is good enough for those clubs, and FC Barcelona, Liverpool, Arsenal, AC Milan, Inter, Galatasaray, Boca Juniors and more. Not to worry though, we don't need to be in this, we have Paul Mariner and Earl Cochrane looking for about 8 or 9 good players.

This is the resource I am referring to

http://wyscout.com/all-customers/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the facts are that the coch and the drunk have no connections outside MLS other then BERMUDA.
    all they can do is make trades for guys that other clubs wanna get rid of.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paul Mariner only made a single substitution today.

TFC gave up a late goal.

Just sayin'...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post

TFC gave up a late goal.

Just sayin'...
    But of course his defenders will say he needs more time. They haven't seen anything that might prove he is a bad coach. Nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasnt at the game today...what was PM water bottle count today?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    1. Hassli has proven that he can play in MLS. With DPs, you get the risk of signing junk (like Jarju), so I think Mariner preferred to get a known commodity. And he's scored goals inside the box.
    well for one, Jarju is a horrible example. I don't think anyone would have thought that signing a player from the Belgian second division would be a good idea. Signing a DP is a matter of knowing what you need and doing your research into a player before signing them as opposed to just signing a player to a DP contract because they're available and from Europe (which is what wancouver did when they signed Jarju). It's also a matter of what we gave up for him. Yes we got a player proven in the MLS, but is he the best we can get for the DP spot? Is he Better than having another DP AND a first round pick? I say no way.

2. No guarantee that Hassli would be available at the end of season. Even then TFC would have to trade Whitecaps for his rights as Hassli would not qualify for MLS free agency.
    I thought that teams didn't own the MLS rights to DPs when their contracts expired since they don't put out discovery claims or anything. And even if they do hold his rights, they'd probably come a lot cheaper than what we gave up to get him this summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what has Eric Avila done to fall down the pecking order? He and Matt Stinson were excellent in their liited time on wednesday night and Lambe was woeful today, as was Maund

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Cityboy View Post
    what has Eric Avila done to fall down the pecking order? He and Matt Stinson were excellent in their liited time on wednesday night and Lambe was woeful today, as was Maund
    I have it from excellent sources within MLSE that Eric fell asleep during one of Grand Marnier's "when I was a young lad playing in England" stories. Several of the boys fell asleep, but alas... Eric tends to snore, so he was caught out and made an example of... believe it, or not!

Another competing story is that Eric does not know how to play "hoofball" or "Socco", so he has to sit on the bench until he unlearns how to play football....

Yet a third rumour is that Mariner does not like any players who have touch on the ball. Mariner has shipped out those with obvious touch, but Eric has been working hard on hiding his skill by learning how to let the ball bounce off his shins. Avila is having a hard time adjusting but he starting to come around nicely as he is getting a lot of advice from Ty....
    Last edited by tiberius; 09-15-2012 at 11:42 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mariner went out of his way to play in Malta and Australia, we should've seen this personally motivated Caribbean binge coming. This is basically no different than scouting OFC micro-nations. There are good affordable players all over the world and we are hand-picking from one of two or three global black holes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post

TFC gave up a late goal.

Just sayin'...
    and he only made that sub because Hassli got injured, if it wasn't for that he wouldn't make any subs. So much for giving players chances to prove they deserve to be here next season, he keeps playing the same starting 11.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“I’ll never forget the words of [current TFC manager] Paul Mariner saying that he wants to make sure he’ll send me to a last-place team and let me burn in the heat,” a candid de Guzman said. “It worked out for myself, getting the last laugh, the karma of things. Right now who’s the last place team in the league and who’s battling for the playoffs?

JDG made this comment after the game tonight.

Fire Mariner and Co.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiberius View Post
    I have it from excellent sources within MLSE that Eric fell asleep during one of Grand Marnier's "when I was a young lad playing in England" stories. Several of the boys fell asleep, but alas... Eric tends to snore, so he was caught out and made an example of... believe it, or not!

Another competing story is that Eric does not know how to play "hoofball" or "Socco", so he has to sit on the bench until he unlearns how to play football....

Yet a third rumour is that Mariner does not like any players who have touch on the ball. Mariner has shipped out those with obvious touch, but Eric has been working hard on hiding his skill by learning how to let the ball bounce off his shins. Avila is having a hard time adjusting but he starting to come around nicely as he is getting a lot of advice from Ty....

Bro your last couple post have been hilarious, tears of joy!!!

cheers!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear god, looking at the stat line right now

Aron Maund:

5 completed passes
    6 uncompleted passes
    7 tackled and possession lost
    2 tackles won
    1 tackle lost

I am not a big stats guy, but dear god that is coming from a central midfielder. It pretty much shows you what you're eyes see when you watch the game: he basically has zero impact on what's going on yet continues to start.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    These pictures were taken 15-20 minutes into the game,does this look to you guys as 15.669 fans?
    If you were at the game you know well that there were more people showing up well after 15-20 minutes.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    If you were at the game you know well that there were more people showing up well after 15-20 minutes.
    Yeah how many,another 7000.

I really don't understand your denial that BMO is half full and people don't bother to show up for the games.

Are you TFC employee who is responsible for tickets and you feel pressure from your bosses when we say TFC is laying about game attendance?
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah how many,another 7000.
    I don't think the attendance number was that far off. Looking around during the second half, I was surprised that it had filled up as much. Some of the sections looked quiet full. 227 for example.

I really don't understand your denial that BMO is half full and people don't bother to show up for the games.
    And I don't understand your desire to burn down the house.

Are you TFC employee who is responsible for tickets and you feel pressure from your bosses when we say TFC is laying about game attendance?
    Are you a Montreal Impact employee who is under pressure from your cheesy boss?

I fail to understand why one would assume that simply because I have the gall to disagree I'm an MLSE employee. Is there a requirement to throw away individual thought and simply parrot today's groupthink?

My thoughts are my own - rightly or wrongly. And yes, I'm as often wrong than right.
    Last edited by nfitz; 09-16-2012 at 10:10 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These pictures were taken 15-20 minutes into the game,does this look to you guys as 15.669 fans?

That first picture your normal seats? What row is that? Think you right by my seats haha.

Also, no it looks like 5,000 at most. It's just awful to see this, we turning into embarassment of the league now.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voodooman View Post
    That first picture your normal seats? What row is that? Think you right by my seats haha.

Also, no it looks like 5,000 at most. It's just awful to see this, we turning into embarassment of the league now.
    Actually that 1st picture was in second half from sec.109, don't know the row,my seats are in 115.
    I thought since there are so many empty seats around why not go somewhere else and watch the game.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I arrived around the70th minute and the attendance didn't look that bad (perhaps i'm comparing to this past Wed, which was terrible)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voodooman View Post
    it looks like 5,000 at most.
    Yep, I think it was about 5,000 too. It was maybe even less on Wednesday.

Someday a member of the media may point out that misrepresenting attendance on this scale, might be interesting or indicative of something.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Yep, I think it was about 5,000 too. It was maybe even less on Wednesday.

Someday a member of the media may point out that misrepresenting attendance on this scale, might be interesting or indicative of something.
    Speaking of misrepresentation....

We seem to come back to that SSH number a lot and it is taken as some sort of vote of confidence in the validity of announced attendance on gameday. At this point, they could easily be lying about SSH numbers as well. You start turning partial packs into "seasons" and all sorts of other things, you can completely skewer the number.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Yep, I think it was about 5,000 too.
    Now that's just wrong. Might have been 5,000 in there at kick-off, and perhaps even 5 minutes in ... but 5,000 total attendance? Why even make such a suggestion?
    Last edited by nfitz; 09-16-2012 at 11:06 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that's just wrong. Might have been 5,000 in there at kick-off, and perhaps even 5 minutes in ... but 5,000 total attendance? Why even make such a suggestion?
    Those pics are 20 minutes in, and there's at most 5,000 there if you consider three sides are at least two-thirds empty.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are right,at kick of or first 10-20 minutes there was 5000 fans no more.

This is the picture from sportsnet

My pictures 2,3,4 are 20 minutes,1st one is from 2nd half.

I would say it was somewhere between 10-12K,TOP,but no way there was even close to 15,669 as they announced.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^I don't get how anyone can look at that picture and say 10-12K. Honestly, 5K is probably an overstatement.

Look row by row. Most rows are 80-90% empty.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah come on fitz... you said 15,600 was about right - that is even more outrageous. Turnabout is fair play.

The pictures do tend to support the 5000 figure. In the picture provided, I count let that 150 people TOTAL in sections 120,121,122 combined - those three sections will seat approx. 1400 fans...

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Paul Mariner and atmosphere aside, anyone else growing tired with Jeremy Hall's tendency to give up when he is beaten... only to throw up his hands as if it is the covering defender's fault that he got beat?

I watched 2 recent games on PVR and on 3 goals, Hall was the man that was beat, he stopped tracking back and then threw his arms up to blame his teammates as if he shared no responsibility.

When I first saw Hall, I thought he had a strong game but getting beat and caught out of position is tiring. Perhaps someone in charge of player development should speak to him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's safe to say at this early stage that Jeremy Hall does not resemble a pro footballer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Those pics are 20 minutes in, and there's at most 5,000 there if you consider three sides are at least two-thirds empty.
    The picture I have of one of those stands 40-minutes in shows far more people in the stands.

Obviously there were more than 5,000 people at the stadium yesterday. I can't fathom why someone would say something like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if they handed out a bunch of free tickets at half time. I was a bit late getting back to my seat in 110 after the half and it was taken by a guy who seemed to be shepherding half a dozen kids. And it seemed as though a whole bunch more kids had been moved into the section to make it at least half full. Judging by what I could see of the south, west and north stands, plus seeing the east side on the scoreboard replays, I'd say there were 7-8,000 -- no way was there 15k. One of the few highlights of the game was the way the crowd booed when the attendance was announced.