Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm thrilled they're at this point. I won't be disappointed with any outcome. I would OBVIOUSLY love to advance. I would selfishly love to see a win at BMO. But losing 8-nil would not take away from this great experience we've had this (CCL) season.

The rainout against Vancouver, and then the come-from-behind win in the NCC final.
    The rainout against Dallas, only to be dashed the next day.
    Taking a lead on Pumas at home.
    Needing a win in Dallas, and earning it.
    Rogers Centre majesty.
    Thriller in LA.

Having said all that... anyone can beat anyone on any given day. But remember, there's a pretty big difference between how Cruz Azul and Pumas may have approached a GROUP STAGE game at BMO, and how Santos are sure to approach a SEMIFINAL game. They will not be sending a team of subs to Toronto. There's no strategy for group stage points here. It's all out win. And we'll see their best, be assured of that.

I'm thrilled to have the chance to watch in person on the 28th!

COME. ON. YOU. REDS!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone got their "follow up communication" regarding tickets this morning?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stouffville_RPB View Post
    Has anyone got their "follow up communication" regarding tickets this morning?
    If so, anybody, post in here:

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=31142

It shouldn't be long now!!
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    If so, anybody, post in here:

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=31142

It shouldn't be long now!!

Ahhh thanks

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is a question that I don't think has been asked before.

Does TFC making it this far help the Canadian slot in the CCL overall?

Like UEFA, better play means better positioning in the bracket. I am hoping making it this far means we get consideration of some sort for the next CCL draw?

Yes please?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post

Like UEFA, better play means better positioning in the bracket. I am hoping making it this far means we get consideration of some sort for the next CCL draw?

Yes please?
    At best, it might allow for the NCC winner to be granted automatic entry in the CCL group stage as opposed to the current format in which a preliminary qualifier is mandatory.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes please?
    highly doubt it

kinda silly for a federation without its own first division league and only 4 professional teams to get 2 spots
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I meant maybe getting dropped later in the tournament as opposed to qualifying through Central America.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I meant maybe getting dropped later in the tournament as opposed to qualifying through Central America.
    in new format, there is no more qualifying rounds... right?

8 groups of 3 teams, only group leaders advance
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh...they're always changing it. Kind of hard to keep up.

Got a link on the structure of the tourney? The Conconcaf website is so poor, it looks like a high school project.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh...they're always changing it. Kind of hard to keep up.

Got a link on the structure of the tourney? The Conconcaf website is so poor, it looks like a high school project.
    wikipedia is your friend... rookie

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012%E2..._League#Format

-Eduardo Galeano

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, that's great.

I can't believe how fast the 2012-2013 edition begins right after the 2011-2012 champion is declared. No wonder the NCC is such an abbreviated tourney.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, that's great.

I can't believe how fast the 2012-2013 edition begins right after the 2011-2012 champion is declared. No wonder the NCC is such an abbreviated tourney.
    it's a shame the seasons are so different, id love that they ran CONCACAF qualifying in the offseason.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    it's a shame the seasons are so different, id love that they ran CONCACAF qualifying in the offseason.
    brrrrrr.... winter is cold

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    brrrrrr.... winter is cold
    id rather catch a game or two or three at BMO during the winter versus our boys playing for the VC/group leg during middle of the season and the group stage at the very end!! no way does this help any of the MLS teams invovled in the tournament!!

youre telling me that with all of the south and southern american teams involved there isnt a possiblity that CONCACAF can swing it to play away games in the south/peru/mexico during the dead of winter?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

id rather catch a game or two or three at BMO during the winter versus our boys playing for the VC/group leg during middle of the season and the group stage at the very end!! no way does this help any of the MLS teams invovled in the tournament!!

youre telling me that with all of the south and southern american teams involved there isnt a possiblity that CONCACAF can swing it to play away games in the south/peru/mexico during the dead of winter?
    i don't think i want to repeat the impracticality of trying to play in middle of winter. it's been repeated ad nauseum

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McBrace View Post

say.. banner time?
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It will be sweet to see the Mexican supporters shutout.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just an observation, I was at the Impact-Santos Laguna match 3 years ago (obviously, as a neutral) and was surprised to see many of their fans wearing Club America, Chivas and UNAM shirts. And quite a few of them as well. I remember the Pumas and Cruz Azul game seeing much the same thing. Since this is getting to the later stages, are there going to be contingencies for "away support"?

This also might be a good practice run for BMO Field security when the Hondurans come.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't think i want to repeat the impracticality of trying to play in middle of winter. it's been repeated ad nauseum
    agreed, but i wouldnt be surprised to see a shift in the timing of the tournament or the league shifting games around with the last two games of the group stages (sept 25 - 27 / oct 23 - 25) running parallel with the last 3 weeks of our regular season.

if it's near the end of the season, the league would have limited time to swap games around, especially seeing as how.. holy fuck.. i just checked.. the MLS finals are on DECEMBER 1st!?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

agreed, but i wouldnt be surprised to see a shift in the timing of the tournament or the league shifting games around with the last two games of the group stages (sept 25 - 27 / oct 23 - 25) running parallel with the last 3 weeks of our regular season.

if it's near the end of the season, the league would have limited time to swap games around, especially seeing as how.. holy fuck.. i just checked.. the MLS finals are on DECEMBER 1st!?
    hoy vay....a potential full year of TFC....,...this city may wake up yet,..

and potential for being broke....,...potential for amazing year...SERIOUS!
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Belfast_Boy View Post
    call me crazy but I think if we score more goal than they do we will win.....

if we do go up a goal or two we should keep going. step on their throats! I hate when teams sit back. did barca do that last week? unless it's a small team v giants I hate that crap. wé deserve to be there just as much as them.

anyone get the email about seats yet?
    Youz crazy!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry if it's already posted elsewhere but anyone got the inside scoop on pricing for this one?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Que sera sera, were going to wembley:

Hey LA LA
    theres something you need to know
    Were going to Tokyo
    Hey La La

Hey Santos Santos
    Your ok in Mexico
    But we're off to Tokyo
    Hey Santo Santos

Everybody now.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobinhood View Post
    Que sera sera, were going to wembley:

Hey LA LA
    theres something you need to know
    Were going to Tokyo
    Hey La La

Hey Santos Santos
    Your ok in Mexico
    But we're off to Tokyo
    Hey Santo Santos

Everybody now.....
    Love it, stuck in my head already! Post this up in the chants section!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in new format, there is no more qualifying rounds... right?

8 groups of 3 teams, only group leaders advance
    so there are 4 Mexican teams and 4 US teams. The question is - who has to sit on the fucking grenade and get a Mexican team in the group stage? Does the Canadian champ get "seeded" better than say the winner of the Open Cup?

The way I see it - the 4 Mexican teams should each get their own group, then the MLS Cup champ, SS winner. So that's 6 of 8 groups.

Who headlines the last 2 groups - Canada, US open or MLS Cup runner up?

It's not the end of the world if the Canadian champ draws say the weakest US team, but still, if they seed 8 clubs then 50% chance of drawing a Mexican team which is AIDS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Play the VC during the off season... BCE Place, Olympique Stadium, and Skydome.

Plastic turf for all! (and alleviate congestion)

I know...

Edmonton.

Who cares?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blowing Bubbles View Post
    so there are 4 Mexican teams and 4 US teams. The question is - who has to sit on the fucking grenade and get a Mexican team in the group stage? Does the Canadian champ get "seeded" better than say the winner of the Open Cup?

The way I see it - the 4 Mexican teams should each get their own group, then the MLS Cup champ, SS winner. So that's 6 of 8 groups.

It's not the end of the world if the Canadian champ draws say the weakest US team, but still, if they seed 8 clubs then 50% chance of drawing a Mexican team which is AIDS

These are some good points...

I think its valid given the Montreal impact going to the quarters as an Nasl side and TFC to the semis that a Canadian team get top seeding in one of these groups without a Mexican team.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blowing Bubbles View Post

Pot 1: USA 1 & 2, Mexico 1 & 2, Honduras 1, Costa Rica 1, Panama 1, Guatemala 1

Pot 2: USA 3 & 4, Mexico 3 & 4, Canada 1, El Salvador 1, Costa Rica 2, Honduras 2

Pot 3: Caribbean 1, 2, 3, El Salvador 2, Panama 2, Guatemala 2, Belize 1, Nicaragua 1

With the caveat that US and Mexican teams can't be in the same group. Meaning Canada's team can only be drawn in one of the four groups with a US or Mexican 1 seed, so still a 50% chance of drawing a Mexican team in the group stage.

The new format screws Canada because whichever group they're in is automatically the group of death. But other than that I still think it's a huge improvement by cutting the number of pre-knockout stage games from 8 to 4.

You could argue that Canada deserves a 1 seed over say Guatemala but having only a 4 team, 4 game competition to determine the rep probably works against us. Maybe TFC's performance this year and a request by the CSA will make CONCACAF change their mind.