Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yagbod is right. Let's not screw around on the day of the most important match of our six year history. Let's leave Croc Rock early, get setup, and most importantly, let's GET LOUD! 6:30pm march sounds reasonable considering the line-ups we will face.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by king dave View Post
    Real Sports bar @ the ACC is another attempt by these fucking greedy cunts to get more of our $$.
    I know I may have stepped over the line in my wording/font here but I cannot drive this issue home any more without such intense words.
    KD.
    Ya couldn't have said it any better, KD. See ya at the Croc tomorrow.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You mean to tell me this thread is two pages long and nobody has made a cougars / croc rock joke yet? I have lost all faith in the internet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ we exhausted them in a previous thread...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember folks... especially smokers and ppl meeting friends with tickets... there are no ins and outs at the dome. don't go in until all your bases are covered, pardon the pun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm already in my seat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RicoSuave44 View Post
    Remember folks... especially smokers and ppl meeting friends with tickets... there are no ins and outs at the dome. don't go in until all your bases are covered, pardon the pun

yup,

the only ins and outs that are allowed is for medical reasons.
    they are realy firm on this rule

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let the Realsports fans get there early and get out of the way.
    Going back to plan A now.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there's nothing wrong with casual fans.
    they love this team like we do. . they are just not as invested or involved as the SGs.

most people go to watch the game . . . we go to support the team!

Torsten fringe is in the house tonight
    Everybody's gonna have a good time
    Cuz frings'll make us lose our minds
    We just wanna see him... Kick it
    Do do do do doot do do
    Door do do do do doot do do x4

When he scores we're shuffullin
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    i'd say we are to support the team prior to the biggest game in team history.
    and that means being there before the game starts.
    taking into account, tight security.

AGREE 100%
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post
    there's nothing wrong with casual fans.
    they love this team like we do. . they are just not as invested or involved as the SGs.

most people go to watch the game . . . we go to support the team!

Torsten fringe is in the house tonight
    Everybody's gonna have a good time
    Cuz frings'll make us lose our minds
    We just wanna see him... Kick it
    Do do do do doot do do
    Door do do do do doot do do x4

When he scores we're shuffullin
    liking the song!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what time does Brass rail open?
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably 11....lol
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when i get there. my friend tiff works there. she's alright.
    she could be in cirque du soliel.. or at least the spiderman musical.

I can't stress enough.
    our role is to support the team.
    to do that....we need to be there on time.

Being in the stadium early > an unorganized march

have fun pre-game, but get in the stadium early.
    i was just goint to say, who organized this?
    getting people rev'd up about the team with a march is a fantastic idea, but not at the expense of being late for the biggest game in our history. i agree that it's a bit of a pain to get everyone out there, drinking for an hour and out to the dome in such a short time but double fisting and predrinking on the TTC was invented for a reason!

also, for anyone wondering where this Real SportsĐŪ™ march idea came from, MLSE was pushing it and took out a full page ad in the paper (i cant remember which, my brother told me).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All members,
    let's get in early.

let's be in full swing well before the casuals get in the stadium.

let's be in full voice.

let's have the drums thumping.

let's be there to support the team.

I can't stress enough, to be there early.

would you rather buy an over priced beer in the dome? or possibly be stuck in line and miss the kick off. Word is, security is going to be tight...so come early.
    I can't stress enough.
    our role is to support the team.
    to do that....we need to be there on time.

Being in the stadium early > an unorganized march

have fun pre-game, but get in the stadium early.
    In regards to a march, nothing will be set in stone. Some want to do it some don't. I personally would love to march and like prizby said paint the city Red but that won't happen.. There will be groups of TFC supporters walking from the croc to the Skydome but I won't be anything official. Yes it does suck that we can't organize an official march for a big game like this but there are a lot of factors against us(time of the day, mid week game-work day, people missing kickoff) Like Wagner said, at this time it's way more important to be inside the Rogers Center early and going crazy during the warm ups.
    Last edited by NeeeN; 03-07-2012 at 11:06 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NeeeN View Post
    Good posts... One thing though that I can't stress enough.. You keep saying we're there to support, we need to be loud, have the drums going early.. The whole time I was under the impression that this will have a feeling of an away trip, meaning everyone in the same sections, unoficially general admission, all supporter groups working together.. I understand there are quite a few RPBs in 117 but excuse my French why the F*** do u guys need a drum in 117, especially red thunder which is a terrible drum to keep a beat? All it will do is confuse people in the south(118,119,120,121 and so on) every chant will way off best. Instead of all supporters having a united voice, one chant at a time it will be a gang show. I have a feeling it will be every section for themselves which is pointless. Something to think about before it's too late..

In regards to a march, nothing will be set in stone. Some want to do it some don't. I personally would love to march and like prizby said paint the city Red but that won't happen.. There will be groups of TFC supporters walking from the croc to the Skydome but I won't be anything official. Yes it does suck that we can't organize an official march for a big game like this but there are a lot of factors against us(time of the day, mid week game-work day, people missing kickoff) Like Wagner said, at this time it's way more important to be inside the Rogers Center early and going crazy during the warm ups.

hahahaha good thing that I will be at a concert tonight.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good posts... One thing though that I can't stress enough.. You keep saying we're there to support, we need to be loud, have the drums going early.. The whole time I was under the impression that this will have a feeling of an away trip, meaning everyone in the same sections, unoficially general admission, all supporter groups working together.. I understand there are quite a few RPBs in 117 but excuse my French why the F*** do u guys need a drum in 117, especially red thunder which is a terrible drum to keep a beat? All it will do is confuse people in the south(118,119,120,121 and so on) every chant will way off best. Instead of all supporters having a united voice, one chant at a time it will be a gang show. I have a feeling it will be every section for themselves which is pointless. Something to think about before it's too late..

Yah, I'm going to agree here. Aside from the keeping the beat point, the big drum, even from the visual aspect alone should be in the middle of it and not secluded to the side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Point of thumb about the march, the more people we have, the earlier it should start (its going to take awhile to get everyone to finish their beers, take a piss, get outside, start walking).

Do we have flares for the march?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

leave Croc roc at 6:45pm for the march is good so if we have to finish our beers or take a piss do it around 6:30pm and we will have no problems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rat View Post
    hahahaha good thing that I will be at a concert tonight.
    WTF?!? Youre the only person that can drum that big monster!! Anyone else drumming it will be an epic fail!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd feel a little more comfortable if we could go back and forth on 6:45 vs 7:00 for a few more pages. I get the sense that people should be there early but I don't think that anyone has adequately really made that point yet.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1.5 hours pre game to play, drum is easily moved. Lets stay positive and respectful!

Its an easy issue to solve

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dontcha mean when it closes? Cuz I know where I'll be afterwards.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

a number of factors went into putting the drum in 117, but it can move if we need to make changes. flexibility is key, so lets not write things off as a failure until we actually try them and see what works. No one has actually done this before, so let's make sure opinions aren't labeled as facts.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At front and York right now.

Please keep in mind that in addition to tfc, raps are in town, and the largest mining conference in the world is happening at the convention centre. Factor in nicest day of the year as well for the downtown after work crowd. Streets are busier than usual already. My advice get down early.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which row in 117 will red thunder be?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stugautz View Post
    Which row in 117 will red thunder be?

it's right at the front corner (not the very front row though) but can move around if needed.

///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm having my first beer right now. A Sleeman's Ale. Free for riding VIA Rail business class.

Life is good.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the skywalk is closed too. I saw detour signs all over and just took street level.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I think the skywalk is closed too. I saw detour signs all over and just took street level.
    Very closed. It stops in mid-air, with the construction for the Aquarium. It's been out for months.