Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    What fecking system? You can't jut go and say...we play total football. Then repeat total football a hundred times and expect the team to be good.

You need quality players....we don't have any (Frei excepted).

That was brutal.
    To be fair, it's the media that's called it Total Football, not the club. Nobody's played Total Football since the 70's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    The "Total Football" thing is great if you have Cruyff - Neeskins - Johnny Rep playing for your team. With a bunch of journeymen.... any system will fail. Get the cheque book out MLSE.
    Total Football was great in the 70's.

I agree with your sentiments though. We don't have the players to play Winters system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes we were shit tonight, but let's be rational here. We know that we are starting over and we have a thin squad. Fans turning on the players is counter-productive.
    Patience, people, please.

Mikey

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen View Post
    Shit we could be bottom of the East by next Saturday even if we don't lose
    If we do lose, we could be bottom of the league.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Bingo. This is it! You can't expect players to perform well in a system if they're not right fit. Our defenders just suck and can't pass the ball right while our midfield isn't that talented to hold on to ball and provide service for our strikers. TFC simply don't have the right players playing in Winter's system. We need to get rid of most the players who were here last year (they seem to have trouble with the system the most) and get new players who are capable of playing 4-3-3. Also, I am starting to question two players we got from RBNY if they're right fit for our system or not. They haven't really shown much to convince me that they're capable of playing "total football"
    Tchani will likely be a very good footballer in 2-3 years. Potentially one of the best in the MLS. He is raw, but very talented.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The LA game could have easily gone the way the game went today...we were just lucky that game and not this one. I was sitting in 223 and it was a lonely feeling towards the end of the game. My only comment is that I dont think we started with the right line up.

Congrats to 112, 113 and NEE for keeping it going for so long and not faltering. More than I can say about the players and this organization headed up by Paul Bierne and Tom Anselmi.

And as an aside...I dont want to hear from anyone in the FO on fan behaviour. You are lucky you have supporters left the way you have fumbled and mumbled, taking a gift that was handed to you, and made into what it is today. No wonder MLSE picked you guys...they clearly didnt put their top talent on their least valuable asset and it shows.

Better start picking your wardrobe for the year end townhalls.

Heathen

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Total Football was great in the 70's.

I agree with your sentiments though. We don't have the players to play Winters system.
    and with MLS salary restrictions and what not I'm not sure we can ever get them either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    It was only a matter of time before the rest of the teams in the league figured out our players dont know what they are doing and will blindly continue to attempt passes across their own 18 yard box or roll the ball back to Frei when attacking players are standing right there, ready to poach the ball and score.
    I posted early on this. DCU pressed us hard, and we coughed it up in the midfield. That is how you beat us. Other teams will wise up to that, and we will be screwed.

Our players don't have the touch, the movement or the vision to play a fluid game. Apply pressure to the man with the ball (if it's not JDG), he'll either cough it up or make a panicked, bad pass.

Heathen

Tchani will likely be a very good footballer in 2-3 years. Potentially one of the best in the MLS. He is raw, but very talented.
    he hasn't looked comfortable these last two games, I think he's used to playing a certain way and it's going to take a while for him to adapt

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, so who wants to tell me to be patient and that we're rebuilding?

Atrocious, from top to bottom. At least the ref was great - Harden was a straight red.

Also, 16K in attendance? Ouch, MLSE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LucaGol View Post
    Pass, move, rinse, repeat.

This is the only system.
    That's what I've said over and over. Many of our players don't have the fundamentals down. They pass but don't move into space for the return. Many can't complete a short pass when not under pressure, let alone when being pressed. First touches are poor. This is not the material for a possession based attacking system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SCF1908 View Post
    Accusations of you not being a "Real fan" to follow your post.

Not from me of course.

Especially if you heard that rocket launcher song.
    Basically, not too worried about being a part time supporter or not. TFC is in my heart (but getting a little harder to cope.)

Anyway, Cockburn did it play it, along with every other tune of his that I know. Tokyo is my favourite.

But Rocket launcher's

"If I had a rocket launcher
    I'd make somebody pay!"

Seems fairly fitting, given the mood here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Cityboy View Post
    yes we were shit tonight, but let's be rational here. We know that we are starting over and we have a thin squad. Fans turning on the players is counter-productive.
    Patience, people, please.
    While I agree with this, it's not the folks on a supporters forum you need to talk with about turning on the team, it's the other 15,500 people in the stadium.

This is a real risk of the way Winter is doing things. Results are going to suck for a while most likely, and most of the people in BMO are going to buy into the rebuild angle. They are going to boo the shit out of the team if they lose. This is going to affect the morale of the team eventually - probably sooner than later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post

Atrocious, from top to bottom. At least the ref was great - Harden was a straight red.

16k hard to believe. The east stands looked like the platnum section of the ACC after the first period of a leaf game. Looked more like 10k-12k attended.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post

I don't think it was a straight red. I assume the red was for being the last man, I don't think he was. I have to watch the replay though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On a positive note. Cordon impressed me tonight for an 18 year old breaking into the team. Great first touch (he used it to make space for himself on a number of occasions - what a novel concept).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think it was a straight red. I assume the red was for being the last man, I don't think he was. I have to watch the replay though.
    I thought it was a straight red. It appeared he was the last defender on the tv. Maybe i Need to watch it again, but I'm certain it was a clear foul and he was the last defender.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LesH View Post

Dear Winter:

Until the defense will be a DEFENSE, your plan to build a serious team will be a total failure.

But of course you already know this.
    This is your Toronto FC starting defensive lineup, sponsored by Kraft™ Swiss Cheese™

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On a positive note. Cordon impressed me tonight for an 18 year old breaking into the team. Great first touch (he used it to make space for himself on a number of occasions - what a novel concept).
    He looked great for a while, agree. One or two heel flicks too many though, when he obviously didn't have a clue who was behind him.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Horrid game.

Supporters only positive from tonight: Aron Winter

http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/con...atid=2&id=2986

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    bet you he wouldn`t leave old trafford if united were down and out
    bet you he didn`t turn off the tv today when united were losing
    and he missed, at the end and as usual Winter and team came over and thanked us, and in his presser said the only thing good about tonight was the supporters/ 12th man staying behind the team after that poor of a game....and was sincerely thankful.........class, even if MLSE hates us , this man knows footie

he cares
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just hope that if Winter's plan doesn't come together, he'll be flexible enough to consider alternative tactics.

Total footy may yet work for TFC, but if it never really sets with the style of play in the MLS he'll have to take a new approach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCRegina View Post
    I thought it was a straight red. It appeared he was the last defender on the tv. Maybe i Need to watch it again, but I'm certain it was a clear foul and he was the last defender.
    I'm not sure. I sit right on the line where it happened, and it didn't look like he was the last man. Borman was over arguing with the linesman for a long time.

I'd have to look at the replay though, things happen so fast live it's easy to miss something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    He looked great for a while, agree. One or two heel flicks too many though, when he obviously didn't have a clue who was behind him.
    I'm judging his performance in the context of it being an 18 year old kid coming from the academy. Not perfect, but a major positive. I agree he did get to fancy at times though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCRegina View Post
    To me (based on the replays I saw on the big screen at BMO) it looked borderline at best... certainly from the ref's position (which was terrible all game) it would have been hard to make that determination and he likely needed some help. He didn't ask for it because I saw his hand in his back pocket as soon as that tackle was made.

That... and really there was no point. Harden hadn't even been warned to the best of my knowledge and was getting undone in a 2-0 game... red isn't necessary... it just isn't.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgnewf View Post
    Glad you did too. There is no room for part time supporters on my fucking bus!
    bam.....and we wonder why players get caustic?....how can one appreciate the highs without enduring some lows,.....ya, ya I know we've had a lot, but you chose your team and it's now your family
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noochie View Post
    To me (based on the replays I saw on the big screen at BMO) it looked borderline at best... certainly from the ref's position (which was terrible all game) it would have been hard to make that determination and he likely needed some help. He didn't ask for it because I saw his hand in his back pocket as soon as that tackle was made.

That... and really there was no point. Harden hadn't even been warned to the best of my knowledge and was getting undone in a 2-0 game... red isn't necessary... it just isn't.
    If he was the last man, it's a straight red, warning or not. That's the rules. Last man - red. Not the last man - yellow.

The fact that the ref didn't go to the linesman is the real issue here. The linesman is there to read those plays.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how are peterson,gargan and harden still on this team????howwww

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noochie View Post

the ref did us a favor,lets hope he gets 3 games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The atmosphere at the game was nasty ... stemming rom Charlie Davis and his goons dancing and taunting in front of the supporter groups...what a classless bunch; should be repriminded by the League or at least Winter ... this is a card offence to that jerkoff who spent the rest of the night diving for fouls. Very dissapointing that this act of humiliating the loyal fans did not spark the team to play with any heart at all... worst game, worst attendance,worst atmosphere, worst effort in 4 years....