Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gate openings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oops no I made it sound different. I really meant to say that they should be more consistent on it. There would be those days for whatever reason they open late.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That insanity at the gate was NOT FUCKING ACCEPTABLE, and had better not be the shape of things to come.

(Hillsborough was a bit different though, Tobor, That incident was exacerbated with a wrought iron fence, seperate pens, the police force incompetence, and the fact that the game was a semi final. I was thinking about it at the time, and to be even reminded of the situation made me feel nauseous, but I could see that there wasn't any way in hell the situation was going to develop into a fatal crush.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was told it was to reduce consumption!

111, and 110 are now included in the no beer sales in the seats.

I am livid that I did not get to my seats until 5 minutes into the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^^ ok then theyshould change the rules to no beer sales untill 30 minutes before kickoff and let everyone in at normal times or somethin to that extent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rockin110 View Post

They can't force us to miss the kick off because of issues with beer sales.
    There are kids standing in a swarm of people on a hot day, motionless for thirty minutes, because of some concessions taken against over drinkers?

FUCK OFF!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well there was a CRAZY lineup at gate 3...but if ppl had just moved a little and gone the entrance to the far left of the gate...it took us like five minutes to get in...

also while i don't personally purchase beer from the beer guy in 111...it spurred a stupid 'where's the beer guy' chant in my area which lasted a while and was quite irritating. so for that i hope they realise that not having beer vendors in our section may seem good...it really didn't stop ppl from throwing shit on the field.
    in fact i believe i saw some sort of shoe fly onto the field?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The situation will get UGLIER every week if this isn't stopped now!

Why are the south end being punished? because we're the peasants who paid less?

IT's ENOUGH! We should have a sit down match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPBLondon View Post
    ^^^^ ok then theyshould change the rules to no beer sales untill 30 minutes before kickoff and let everyone in at normal times or somethin to that extent
    Yup! Problem solved. If people miss part of the game because the gates are opened late they should get a partial refund. I know I would ask for one if my steak came out cold.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    i hope they realise that not having beer vendors in our section may seem good...it really didn't stop ppl from throwing shit on the field.
    It made fuckall difference to fan behaviour, as did keeping us at the gate for the kick off. If anything it made us surly and agitated when we got to the stands.

beers were tossed from ALL sides of the stadium btw, from behind the coaches bench was were most of it came from, actually, but they pay lots of money, so they're OK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    Yup! Problem solved. If people miss part of the game because the gates are opened late they should get a partial refund. I know I would ask for one if my steak came out cold.
    Call your rep and demand an explanation, every fucking one of you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A cop nearly took half a cup of beer right in the face. Imagine if he did. I for one can't stand the beer/bottle tossing. It's only going to make it more difficult to be a supporter. And clearly it is one of the reasons why we are now not served in some of the sections.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    A cop nearly took half a cup of beer right in the face. Imagine if he did. I for one can't stand the beer/bottle tossing. It's only going to make it more difficult to be a supporter. And clearly it is one of the reasons why we are now not served in some of the sections.
    I dont care if they ban beer altogether, ive lived with that before.

Keeping us locked out till the match starts is inexcusable and puts us at risk.
    Last edited by ExiledRed; 08-04-2008 at 11:25 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what a brain fart that was yesterday,stop fucking with fans,without us you are nothing.
    maybe the front office should work on maybe improving the product on the field,the odd goal at home would be nice...
    more night games...................

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I spoke with our Preferred Beer Seller[tm] in 110 (after being stuck in the Gate 3 crush for approximately 45 minutes -- I heard the first substitution from the gate) and he informed me that the south end was the only area that wasn't getting seat service thus far.

I don't know if you noticed, but there were three sellers frequenting 110 yesterday. Most likely due to other sellers who would normally be in 112 - 118 needing a place to peddle their wares. I spent the match being provided seat service, so unless they decided after the match to discontinue it, we're still getting beer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well there was a CRAZY lineup at gate 3...but if ppl had just moved a little and gone the entrance to the far left of the gate...it took us like five minutes to get in...
    Are you talking about gate 3A or the left side of gate 3?

They were telling people not to line up at the left side of gate 3 "because that's an exit only." I'm assuming they were just going to have a guard there and no scanner.
    Last edited by jaahuuu; 08-04-2008 at 11:55 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know this whole gate thing really got me pissed off yesterday. Part of the whole gameday experience, for me anyway, is getting there early, grabbing a drink, watching the warm-up and soaking in the pre-game atmosphere. Yesterday I spent fucking 60 min waiting to get in the gate. I had to run through the concourse to my seat and even then missed the kick-off. I like that hour before the game starts. I like hearing Chelsea Dagger come on. I like the anthems and the starting line-ups. I pay alot of fucking money for my season tickets. I drive in from London for the games. Yesterday this 30 minute crap really affected my day and I was bitter throughout the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jaahuuu View Post
    Are you talking about gate 3A or the left side of gate 3?

They were telling people not to line up at the left side of gate 3 "because that's an exit only." I'm assuming they were just going to have a guard there and no scanner.
    I went to gate 3 & they did the exact opposite, telling me to keep going to the gate on the left past gate 3 because the line-up was shorter. (Funny them giving 2 different messages)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie B View Post
    You know this whole gate thing really got me pissed off yesterday. Part of the whole gameday experience, for me anyway, is getting there early, grabbing a drink, watching the warm-up and soaking in the pre-game atmosphere. Yesterday I spent fucking 60 min waiting to get in the gate. I had to run through the concourse to my seat and even then missed the kick-off. I like that hour before the game starts. I like hearing Chelsea Dagger come on. I like the anthems and the starting line-ups. I pay alot of fucking money for my season tickets. I drive in from London for the games. Yesterday this 30 minute crap really affected my day and I was bitter throughout the game.
    Call your rep tomorrow, keep em busy.

Anybody else who had a similar experience do the same. Especially those I saw holding their kids, you get on their backs too. It's unacceptable.

Mikey

Instead of bitching about it here, which is pointless oither than letting off steam. why doesn't EVERYONE who was affected dial this number
    416-360-GOAL (4625) and ask for an explanation and an apology......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Instead of bitching about it here, which is pointless oither than letting off steam. why doesn't EVERYONE who was affected dial this number
    416-360-GOAL (4625) and ask for an explanation and an apology......
    Bitching about it here is not pointless at all, trust me.

But I agree with your plan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't know if someone already mentioned this but the security people at Gate 2 said they were not opening it. That was the main reason for the exodus to Gate 3.

(Oh, and about the shoe thing, you sure it wasn't just one of those black towels? I saw a couple of those being thrown onto the pitch)
    Last edited by summer sunrise; 08-04-2008 at 12:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dre View Post
    I went to gate 3 & they did the exact opposite, telling me to keep going to the gate on the left past gate 3 because the line-up was shorter. (Funny them giving 2 different messages)
    I was the first person in line at the middle gate at gate 3, maybe by the time you got there they had changed their plans. They were yelling about the one door being an exit even before 3pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfc-th View Post
    I spoke with our Preferred Beer Seller[tm] in 110 (after being stuck in the Gate 3 crush for approximately 45 minutes -- I heard the first substitution from the gate) and he informed me that the south end was the only area that wasn't getting seat service thus far.

I don't know if you noticed, but there were three sellers frequenting 110 yesterday. Most likely due to other sellers who would normally be in 112 - 118 needing a place to peddle their wares. I spent the match being provided seat service, so unless they decided after the match to discontinue it, we're still getting beer.

You must be in the aisle between 110 and 109.

There were no sellers in the aisle between 110 and 111.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    Call your rep tomorrow, keep em busy.

Anybody else who had a similar experience do the same. Especially those I saw holding their kids, you get on their backs too. It's unacceptable.
    I e-mailed my rep today, and already got the following response. Shoudl be interesting to see what tomorrow's investigations will show !

"I don't have answers to all the questions you have about BMO field yesterday but I agree that an explanation is in order.
    I'll be spending Monday morning seeking clarity and working with the stadium to ensure that we have a plan to avoid it in the future. My understanding is that we did not have enough staff to open the building safely (and apparently we cannot open gates until we have enough security, ushers etc). Apparently our labour agreements (on Ex Place before BMO Field ) allow staff to just "not show up" and this is a regular occurrence - but yesterday I'm told it was off the charts.
    Obviously I cannot accept this and tend to agree with most of your points below.
    So I don't have a solution yet - I need to fully study the problem before I can confidently tell you its fixed but I want you to know that I certainly recognize the problem for what its worth."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i arrived at 3 p.m. and was dying for a piss.
    holding it for 15 -- gates still not open.
    i go to do what i don't want to do -- piss in the trees.
    alas, a family was there playing soccer so i had to wait.
    crouched to the urinal at 3:35.
    crap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fernandinho View Post
    well we discussed this in the game thread, but apparently a few issues arose regarding lack of security and the ticket machines not working
    Lack of security....Did you see how many cops were inside the stadium during the game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Torcida_Toronto View Post
    Lack of security....Did you see how many cops were inside the stadium during the game?
    see the message two above... security is not just cops, but staff too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GBV View Post
    i arrived at 3 p.m. and was dying for a piss.
    holding it for 15 -- gates still not open.
    i go to do what i don't want to do -- piss in the trees.
    alas, a family was there playing soccer so i had to wait.
    crouched to the urinal at 3:35.
    crap.
    There is a washroom in the building northeast of the food building in the southwest corner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

news to me.
    thanks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You must be in the aisle between 110 and 109.

There were no sellers in the aisle between 110 and 111.
    I can confirm that. Not one, and because of the delay getting in, I went straight to my seat in 110 rather than getting a beer. It was nice to see the fans refuse to buy any water and tell the guy selling it to go back from where he came. My spouse noted that she saw a sign on the back of an employee door near 110 saying that there would be no beer deliveries to 111 to control alcohol consumption.
    Last edited by nfitz; 08-04-2008 at 03:07 PM.