Quote Originally Posted by zeelaw View Post
    and why would hargreaves because canada sucks in comparison
    Ironically so does Hargreaves ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zeelaw View Post
    If Hargreaves was cut by U15 England squad and then given the oppurtunity to play for them later, do you think he would of done it.... lol yeeeeppp
    The fact is, if he had grown up in england, his talent would not have gone unnoticed like it did here.

Just like Teals talent didn't go unnoticed by the american program. We were lucky enough to get him early, yet stupid enough to allow him the decision between the two.

Like I said earlier what player wouldn't want to further there career. He obviously has strong feelings for both countries or else he wouldn't have said the things he said about playing for Canada.

And lets get serious three games over 4 years or so did not really take up any other spots on the roster.

People need to stop looking at hating the players that leave, and start looking at the reasons for them leaving. Soccer media in Canada is pretty much on the same level as the Soccer association in my mind, as they for the most part barely look into that and are part of the reason towards the stigma of the players that leave.

Except for Forrest, he was the one that actually asked begovic about his side of the story, everyone else just called for his head.

Funny enough, he's the one that actually played and saw the organization from the players viewpoint.......
    Last edited by Thrillos; 12-19-2010 at 08:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thrillos View Post

People need to stop looking at hating the players that leave, and start looking at the reasons for them leaving.
    We can do both, thank you very much. They are scum. End of. Done.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sick of blaming the CSA, its fucking ridiculous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thrillos View Post
    I don't understand the hate for Bunburry not sticking with Canada. He left Canada was he was 2 fucking years old. Never lived here since, and spent his teens in the US.

Don't get mad at him, get mad at the CSA and the canadian program not locking him down when he was in the program and a top college player. Instead they waited until he made a name for himself in the MLS and then waited for him to decide between the states and canada.

A World Cup chance and the country you spent your time becoming the person that you are.

Based on the assumption that because he was born here he should play for us means that we shouldn't have even had his dad playing for us.... he wasn't born here.....
    Exactly, Teal is a good guy and i hope he does well wherever he plays. People hoping he breaks his legs if Canada actually created more quality people wouldn't care so much about the one or two that elect to play for another country but coz they don't it hurts more.

He has been in the US for most of his life.

No Canadians would be complaining that Steve Nash shouldn't play for Canada coz he was born in Johannesburg, South Africa and i never heard too many complaints when Lennox was doing well for Canada at the Olympics and Canada were tryna claim him even though he was born in London, England.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bruva View Post
    No Canadians would be complaining that Steve Nash shouldn't play for Canada coz he was born in Johannesburg, South Africa and i never heard too many complaints when Lennox was doing well for Canada at the Olympics and Canada were tryna claim him even though he was born in London, England.
    Did Steve Nash say it would "feel wrong to play for Canada"? Did Lennox Lewis say that about England?

No, so those comparisons are dumb.

Read the ****ing CBC article, he says himself he has very strong ties to Canada.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly, Teal is a good guy and i hope he does well wherever he plays. People hoping he breaks his legs if Canada actually created more quality people wouldn't care so much about the one or two that elect to play for another country but coz they don't it hurts more.

Big Bruva talking out of his ass. What the hell else is new? Your argument is useless. Go make a t-shirt.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steve Nash never said he was going to play for the SA Basketball team. Lennox was Canadian when convenient and British when convenient.

The truth is. Im not here to be his friend. I want glory for Canadian soccer, every tiny drop. This we need to love the world mentality has lead us to poor wishy washy support. Guys like Morgan who play for Canada but support Jamaica, Teal the same and down the line.

That is unacceptable and a shame upon anyone who supports it. You betray the football of the nation.

Teal could be walking on water curing leprosy in his spare time writing operas. I dont fucking care. To Canadian soccer he is a traitorous loser in these books. I hope his footballing career is short so he can spare his time with the lepers.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i didn't see steve nash wearing the south african colours than canada

i didn't see lennox lewis fighting under the UK flag than Canada...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J . View Post
    Steve Nash never said he was going to play for the SA Basketball team. Lennox was Canadian when convenient and British when convenient.

The truth is. Im not here to be his friend. I want glory for Canadian soccer, every tiny drop. This we need to love the world mentality has lead us to poor wishy washy support. Guys like Morgan who play for Canada but support Jamaica, Teal the same and down the line.

That is unacceptable and a shame upon anyone who supports it. You betray the football of the nation.

Teal could be walking on water curing leprosy in his spare time writing operas. I dont fucking care. To Canadian soccer he is a traitorous loser in these books. I hope his footballing career is short so he can spare his time with the lepers.
    If you hate morgan just for supporting his roots, then you should also hate tomasz radsinki, because he fully supports the polish national team and says his heart is both both polish and canadian. Just because he is proud to be polish doesn't mean he doesn't give it his all for Canada.

Everything isn't so black and white, you guys need to open yours to the whole color scheme of things.

Who the fuck cares if he wore a jamaican jersey.