View Poll Results: Will the passion ever be back?

Voters
224. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

108 48.21%
  • No

116 51.79%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all it will take is a 15 game win streak.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember a few years ago when we took a convoy of buses and a couple thousand people away to Columbus? Can't see that happening again.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It won't be the same.

The supporters groups have changed

The club has changed

And neither show any signs of going back to the way things were.

As for the apology. It's a joke. And not to insult anyone, but the only reason they issued this apology is because people weren't renewing their tickets.

The groups showed just as much anger and force last year with the Real Madrid fiasco and what did MLSE do? Told us to go F ourselves. But now that people aren't renewing they want to pretend like they're going to kiss our ass (while not lowering prices).

Screw that.

TFC has become just another Toronto sports franchise.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bhoy View Post
    It won't be the same.

The club has changed

As for the apology. It's a joke. And not to insult anyone, but the only reason they issued this apology is because people weren't renewing their tickets.

The groups showed just as much anger and force last year with the Real Madrid fiasco and what did MLSE do? Told us to go F ourselves. But now that people aren't renewing they want to pretend like they're going to kiss our ass (while not lowering prices).

Screw that.

Good points,it will never be the same.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Interesting question posed by Mrs Pookie tonight when I got home.

She said, if you are really pissed, why not spend the money we'd spend on seasons for road trips? The money won't be going to MLSE and you'd still be supporting the team.

Interesting...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The irony is that the team was so rubbish in the first year, like really terrible. Yet everyone on here is talking about the 'good ol days', like it was some sort of dynasty. I only went to one game first year and went to a lot more in the following three years, so maybe i'm missing something. But the interest for soccer in the city obviously exists, so imagine if the team was actually competive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post

She said, if you are really pissed, why not spend the money we'd spend on seasons for road trips? The money won't be going to MLSE and you'd still be supporting the team.

Interesting...
    I was thinking the exact same thing. Hell, we should have a game where we crash Joes instead of the stadium. Watch the game there, 112 completely empty.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bars92 View Post
    The irony is that the team was so rubbish in the first year, like really terrible. Yet everyone on here is talking about the 'good ol days', like it was some sort of dynasty. I only went to one game first year and went to a lot more in the following three years, so maybe i'm missing something. But the interest for soccer in the city obviously exists, so imagine if the team was actually competive.
    We have to be nostalgic about something when it comes to TFC. I also think we knew we were going to be crap for maybe a year or two so there was an air of expectation that first year that this was going to be the groundwork for something bigger, brighter, and more successful. Four years later TFC is still at year one without a winning season or playoffs in league play. So when we say the 'good ol days' I think it's in reference to the days when we actually thought that the next season would be better. Now, we just hope we're better than the next expansion club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i hope this will weed out the part time supporters and the casual fan.
    for the life of me i cant understand the staduim being half empty with 10 min left in a one goal game.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i hope this will weed out the part time supporters and the casual fan.
    for the life of me i cant understand the staduim being half empty with 10 min left in a one goal game.
    Let me explain it to you Reggie - only 11,000 actually went to the game yesterday 11,000/22,000 = 1/2
    Last edited by maximo_rpd; 10-17-2010 at 01:45 PM.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bars92 View Post
    I don't speak for everyone, but personally, my anger has nothing to do with the quality of play. I think the club taking the right action to turn the ship around and hopefully we can turn this thing into a winner.

But even if we are a winner, this is MLS. No matter how many balls go into the back of the net, it won't be that great to watch.

Yes, in year one it was exciting and new - but it was also a lot easier to put up with the quality when you were paying $200 for your season ticket. 4 years later the quality is just as bad, but the price is double. And that's BS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't speak for everyone, but personally, my anger has nothing to do with the quality of play. I think the club taking the right action to turn the ship around and hopefully we can turn this thing into a winner.

But even if we are a winner, this is MLS. No matter how many balls go into the back of the net, it won't be that great to watch.

Yes, in year one it was exciting and new - but it was also a lot easier to put up with the quality when you were paying $200 for your season ticket. 4 years later the quality is just as bad, but the price is double. And that's BS.
    I don't know about anyone else here, but I have to say that after watching the last 3 or 4 Seattle games I can say I enjoy the style of football they are playing. They are is damn good form right now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting...
    Been there. In addition to season tickets.

Result - four years of going to road games and yet to see an MLS win (saw a few in Charleston and the Impact win, but I've yet to see an MLS win on the road).

And nothing like supporting the wallets of your competitors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maximo_rpd View Post
    Let me explain it to you Reggie - only 11,000 actually went to the game yesterday 22,000/11,000 = 1/2
    i get that...but its been that way all season,people leaving early and i notice more and more non futbol fans at the game,there were about 10 people sitting behind in sec125,they had no clue who tfc were even playing.
    i would be happy with 14000 solid footie and weed out these wanna be seen smucks.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i get that...but its been that way all season,people leaving early and i notice more and more non futbol fans at the game,there were about 10 people sitting behind in sec125,they had no clue who tfc were even playing.
    i would be happy with 14000 solid footie and weed out these wanna be seen smucks.
    I understand what you are saying Reggie, but I think we need those 8,000 wanna be seen folk. They pay prawn prices and thus subsidize our less expensive seats!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting...
    Because, according to some, real supporters don't do this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Keystone FC View Post
    We have to be nostalgic about something when it comes to TFC. I also think we knew we were going to be crap for maybe a year or two so there was an air of expectation that first year that this was going to be the groundwork for something bigger, brighter, and more successful. Four years later TFC is still at year one without a winning season or playoffs in league play. So when we say the 'good ol days' I think it's in reference to the days when we actually thought that the next season would be better. Now, we just hope we're better than the next expansion club.
    now doesn't that just make you feel good..lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's all about the product on the field, if TFC and management get their shit together and really make an effort, I hope that the passion will return, I protested in my own way, I would have preferred a green cap or green armband, and not take off our TFC jerseys, as we all know that these types of 'Protests' tend to slap the players no matter how many times we as a group say we are angry with management and not the players. Just my thoughts, actually I enjoyed the play on the field for most of the game, beating Columbus would have been an accomplishment.

See you all at the game on Tuesday, to shout and support TFC no matter what!!
    And see you all next year as I am sure most have renewed and will be out in full force, remember we have a Canadian MLS rival now, Vancouver.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default TFC Yearend party...

Can we all show up like this guy for the TFC Year end party

@FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You forgot to put a U-SECTOR scarf on him Flush BAZINGA

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by koryo View Post
    Uh huh. Well, I'm leaving.

Listen, if you're content to renew regardless of price increase and regression in performance, that's your slice. Enjoy it.

I hope MLSE does turn the team around, I really do. But renewing on the grounds that TFC is par for the course with their other teams is, well... a personal choice so knock yourself out.

In the future, I suggest you keep your assumptions to yourself, and leave your horse at the door when you shoot your gob off around here. There's a good lad.
    ....bye!.......^a bit condescending,......opinions are allowed are they not?
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    ....bye!.......^a bit condescending,......opinions are allowed are they not?
    I'd say it was condescending in response to condescension...
    Last edited by Jeffro; 10-17-2010 at 11:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Did the first condescending response have the same condescension as the second condescending response or was the condescension greater with one of the condescending response?

Seriously guys, there is so much to be upset about, lets not take it out on each other. All the best to you koryo, hope to see you back one day, and jazzy, good on you for not getting terribly offended.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oor Wullie View Post
    You forgot to put a U-SECTOR scarf on him Flush BAZINGA
    lol

Listen, I was called a cheerleader once... and rightly so by Koryo... now I owe him a beer for making me see the light.
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing was ever the same. Ever. From year one till now. It's different every year. The passion isn't gone. It's been redirected.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It won't be the same.

The club has changed

Screw that.

With MLSE heading/owning I agree. But another ownership group? I hope that it could change.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where are their town hall meetings held?
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 10-18-2010 at 11:37 AM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    With MLSE heading/owning I agree. But another ownership group? I hope that it could change.
    Trane do you really think a change in ownerhip will do that much to change the way we feel about the team.

What happens is some unknown person buys the team and they (TFC) still sucks would that make it ok. This league is not like Europe where some owner will come in drop a shit load of money on the squad and make us a competitive.

We as supporters have to realize we have changed just as much as the squad as. The neweness has worn off and now all of sudden we aren't as loud as we use to be. this part hurts the most for me persoanlly. In the last two years I have never lost my voice once, maybe it the indifference to what TFC puts on the field I don't know...

Saturday was the most depressing thing I have ever been around with respect to TFC, it felt like I was at the ACC. For the first time in 4 years I actually sat down. I was depressed after the game regardeless of the results due to what transpired I hope it changes.

IMO if TFC puts a winning product on the field and makes us proud to support this team the atmosphere will come back, but it will be different just like we are different then year 1, 2 etc...

my 2 cents

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 117 View Post
    Trane do you really think a change in ownerhip will do that much to change the way we feel about the team.

What happens is some unknown person buys the team and they (TFC) still sucks would that make it ok. This league is not like Europe where some owner will come in drop a shit load of money on the squad and make us a competitive.

We as supporters have to realize we have changed just as much as the squad as. The neweness has worn off and now all of sudden we aren't as loud as we use to be. this part hurts the most for me persoanlly. In the last two years I have never lost my voice once, maybe it the indifference to what TFC puts on the field I don't know...

Saturday was the most depressing thing I have ever been around with respect to TFC, it felt like I was at the ACC. For the first time in 4 years I actually sat down. I was depressed after the game regardeless of the results due to what transpired I hope it changes.

IMO if TFC puts a winning product on the field and makes us proud to support this team the atmosphere will come back, but it will be different just like we are different then year 1, 2 etc...

my 2 cents
    You just answered your own question. First two years was new and exciting but blinded the fact that we have not put out an exciting style of football since the first day this team took on that crappy plastic pitch. Once the shine dulled out and took away the blinders, there wasn't much to get excited about.
    If we can at least put out a team that plays exciting team football, regardless of wins or losses, I will be there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick question I'll post in any ticket renewal/protest/town hall meeting/MLSE related thread:

Is it worth it for those of us who've yet to renew to call our ticket agents today and demand a price deduction or else we're not renewing?

Based on the response I may or may not make a new poll/thread (yay! Another protest related thread...)