Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    I love how this perception that the team is being "run by players" has caught on with absolutely NO FACTS whatsoever.

The irony is in fact hilarious when Wheeler came out with articles that Preki had bust-ups with Daso and with Mista, people dismissed it because there were no "facts" only circumstantial evidence. Here, there isn't even that, and yet we have come to the conclusion that the players are calling the shots. Just because they were happy the coach was fired.

How about the fact that he simply wasn't a good coach? Nah...that couldn't be it.
    Ah, but if someone liked him, then it MUST be a conspiracy. It couldn't just be that they're wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love how this perception that the team is being "run by players" has caught on with absolutely NO FACTS whatsoever.

The irony is in fact hilarious when Wheeler came out with articles that Preki had bust-ups with Daso and with Mista, people dismissed it because there were no "facts" only circumstantial evidence. Here, there isn't even that, and yet we have come to the conclusion that the players are calling the shots. Just because they were happy the coach was fired.

How about the fact that he simply wasn't a good coach? Nah...that couldn't be it.
    Agreed. Everybody is entitled to their opinion but acting as if that opinion is also hard fact is more than a little bit obtuse.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Can't wait to see the game plan that Coach DeRo and Coach JDG come up with for next game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Davenport View Post
    Overpaid tossers.

They shouldn't forget they were brought in by an inept manager.

Can the players be sacked as well ?
    HAHAHA fuck me the majority of the people on this board had the biggest fucking hard on's wanting DeRo and JDG here to the point that I swear some peeps may have jizzed on their monitors. Now the hard on's are gone and peeps want them gone. Jesus fuck this place kills me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WHITEY View Post
    HAHAHA fuck me the majority of the people on this board had the biggest fucking hard on's wanting DeRo and JDG here to the point that I swear some peeps may have jizzed on their monitors. Now the hard on's are gone and peeps want them gone. Jesus fuck this place kills me!
    Never thought I'd see the day people here would be calling our best player of all time a tosser. Supporters Club? Uh huh.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    Never thought I'd see the day people here would be calling our best player of all time a tosser. Supporters Club? Uh huh.
    I can't believe anyone would question De Rosario.

Without him the past 2 seasons we would have been the worst team in the league. Definitely this season playing Preki-ball.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OBW is the second coming of Gerba in his first year. Perhaps if he works hard this off season he can turn it around, unfortunately for him I do not think he will be given a chance to turn anything around.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Ah, but if someone liked him, then it MUST be a conspiracy. It couldn't just be that they're wrong.
    The word "fact" gets thrown around entirely too loosely.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick concept check here: Before the Mista red card where the game became a shit show, we got burned on two set pieces.

Who realistically deserves blame for those? I don't think our formation or our new coach has any role whatsoever over how we defended those.

So despite some peoples insistence our free wheeling going forward lead to last nights loss, I think we'd have given up those goals regardless and it certainly had nothing to do with Mista's stupidity.

Why? Because the players would have been the same, their actions would have been the same and frankly our set piece defending has sucked all year! It didn't just start with Dasovic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm tired of the excuses that TFC has made from day one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Quick concept check here: Before the Mista red card where the game became a shit show, we got burned on two set pieces.

Who realistically deserves blame for those? I don't think our formation or our new coach has any role whatsoever over how we defended those.

So despite some peoples insistence our free wheeling going forward lead to last nights loss, I think we'd have given up those goals regardless and it certainly had nothing to do with Mista's stupidity.

Why? Because the players would have been the same, their actions would have been the same and frankly our set piece defending has sucked all year! It didn't just start with Dasovic.
    True, but we got burned on one set piece. THe second was offside.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True, but we got burned on one set piece. THe second was offside.

Yes. And we were literally GIFTED our only goal

Every other chance (which were few and at the start of the game) were shit away as usual.

So why exactly do people think we would have won this game if not for the bad calls against us.

RSL were going to score. It was a matter of time. If not for FREI they would have scored many more times over.

We didn't deserve to win this game. Regardless of the officiating.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post

Every other chance (which were few and at the start of the game) were shit away as usual.

So why exactly do people think we would have won this game if not for the bad calls against us.

RSL were going to score. It was a matter of time. If not for FREI they would have scored many more times over.

You're posing a strawman. People aren't proposing that we won, they're saying the score wasn't indicative of mostof the game play, until we went down a man. pretty big difference.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're posing a strawman. People aren't proposing that we won, they're saying the score wasn't indicative of mostof the game play, until we went down a man. pretty big difference.

Enjoy the Kool-Aid. Drink up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

uhh... you do realize what message board you're on, right?

this board is filled with speculation and once it gets speculated on enough times, it becomes fact. more often than not that is the case on this board. if i had a nickel for ever person who said "a little birdy told me" I'd have a shitload of nickels.
    Last edited by Brooker; 09-17-2010 at 02:37 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J . View Post
    Ah...the "kool-aid" argument. Always the debater's irrefutable catch-all! It's like a silver bullet for arguments. You won. We give up. This exceptional line of reasoning has no retort.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    uhh... you do realize what message board you're on, right?

this board is filled with speculation and once it gets speculated on enough times, it becomes fact. more often than not that is the case on this board. if i had a nickel for ever person who said "a little birdy told me" I'd have a shitload of nickels.

True...except if anyone has been paying attention, you can very well distinguish between people who are speculating out of their asses and those with real inside information.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True...except if anyone has been paying attention, you can very well distinguish between people who are speculating out of their asses and those with real inside information.
    Must be nice because I can't.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

You're arguing the flip side of the same coin here. You can make an educated guess but you don't know the players actions would've been the same any more than those who think the result would've been closer without the red card. An educated guess is still a guess.

This is not a strawman argument by my definition. Simply putting words in people's mouths. That is, unless there's someone can be quoted saying we would've won.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J . View Post
    Haha. Kool-Aid drinkers and Chicken Littles, my friend.

Either you're too positive or too negative. It takes all kinds to have a conversation.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I said, from the start, that it's just my opinion that the players are running the show. how could it be taken any other way than that?

I didn't know that I had to have "inside" info to post my opinion here. My bad.

maybe it's caught on because it makes sense to people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I said, from the start, that it's just my opinion that the players are running the show. how could it be taken any other way than that?

I didn't know that I had to have "inside" info to post my opinion here. My bad.

maybe it's caught on because it makes sense to people.

We'll never know for sure, of course, but it doesmake sense to people. We've seen it with other teams from this organization and when there's very little leadership coming from the top it seems bound to happen.

I put a lot of the problems down to the initial mistake of hiring an inexperienced guy to run the team in the first place. Almost everything that has happened since (big turnover of players and coaches, dressing room problems, lack of cohesion, no consistent game plan etc., etc.,) has been depressingly predictable.