Quote Originally Posted by greatwhitenorf View Post
We have every good reason to be worried about this stadium share descending into a complete shitshow.
I get the feeling that this is your preferred outcome. If the Argos do come to BMO and the pitch and TFC game day experience are not affected, would you be okay with it then? Is it a certainty that the Argos will screw everything up? I'm afraid nobody can answer that question until we get a season of shared occupancy. At which point this handwringing may be all for nothing, or you will be justified in leading a chorus of "I told you so"s. I can't let myself get stressed out over something I have no control over. Then again, I don't live in Toronto anymore so my opinion is probably moot.

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhitenorf View Post
Ottawa's gussied-up old stadium looks fine in some areas but underneath the main stand sits a hockey arena in such poor physical shape that parts of it have been condemned. Fans have stayed away in droves from junior hockey games. In a city where the CFL has gone bankrupt twice, news emerges that season ticket sales have declined by thousands after the first season.
The south side stand is completely new and hasn't exhibited any problems. Yet.
The project completely gutted and refurbished the arena portion of the North side, fixing all the leaks and the ceiling along with a state of the art video board and adding retail space where the north side wall used to be. It's worked well over the winter for OHL '67 games, so far.
Give it 3 years and then we'll see how well the workmanship was, but there was a lot of project management making sure that everything was done to code.