Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default finding toronto podcast

hey guys, this is my first post on this forum. Myself and my mate, John Holt have decided to embrace the MLS for the upcoming season, and we've decided Toronto FC will be our team. We are both UK based, and support Everton FC. Aswell as supporting Everton we both work at the club on matchdays, Im corporate hospitality MC (and full time comedian on the UK circuit) and John is the clubs matchday magician.

Our podcast is our journey from basically a blank sheet, and will grow throughout the season. The first episode does feature an interview with a Toronto based TFC fan, and future episodes will feature former players, some ex premier league players etc.

we'd love to hear from any fans. We want to do this podcast right, and we'd love to get some fans involved.

Our reasons for choosing TFC are explained in episode 1, but we firmly believe they are a great club, and have the best fans in the MLS.

#COYR we are on twitter and Facebook.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/finding-toronto/id1080643674?mt=2 …

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great initiative, I look forward to hearing it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by findingtoronto View Post
    hey guys, this is my first post on this forum. Myself and my mate, John Holt have decided to embrace the MLS for the upcoming season, and we've decided Toronto FC will be our team. We are both UK based, and support Everton FC. Aswell as supporting Everton we both work at the club on matchdays, Im corporate hospitality MC (and full time comedian on the UK circuit) and John is the clubs matchday magician.

Our podcast is our journey from basically a blank sheet, and will grow throughout the season. The first episode does feature an interview with a Toronto based TFC fan, and future episodes will feature former players, some ex premier league players etc.

we'd love to hear from any fans. We want to do this podcast right, and we'd love to get some fans involved.

Our reasons for choosing TFC are explained in episode 1, but we firmly believe they are a great club, and have the best fans in the MLS.

As an Everton FC and Toronto FC supporter living in Toronto, I will certainly be listening.

All the best!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome. Best of luck to you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also an Everton supporter, I will be interested in some comparisons and your perspectives from afar.

Cheers!
    Last edited by TFCwestcan; 02-10-2016 at 10:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just listened to the first episode look forward to the rest!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by findingtoronto View Post

A bit of pronunciation guide for you.

I had a listen and quite enjoyed it. You did a lot of research and I appreciate the level of effort you put in your podcast. Certainly beyond expectation from someone who isn't familiar with Toronto FC and MLS in general.

Will be tuning in as regularly as I can. Cheers.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hilarious. The image of Clint Irwin with Bitchy on his shoulder saving penalties had me cracking up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great Podcast guys! when are you coming over to check out a match in person?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Consider me subscribed!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks guys, our listener numbers have certainly been given a boost in the 24hours we've been forum members! we'd love to get to a game this season. Also, big thanks to the TFC fans who have supplied some great info about the team/players/and city, the next episode has probably written itself. We don't aim to be pundits in any way, we don't want to be competition for any other TFC podcast, we'd just like to record our first season watching MLS and Toronto, and share it with you guys. our next episode will be around 24th Feb, then we will try our best to keep up with the fixtures when the season kicks off on Mar 2. cheers Jamie Sutherland & John Holt

@findingtoronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great podcast.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this available without having to use something by Apple?

Oh....yes it is.

http://findingtoronto.podbean.com/

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He could stop penalties by introducing himself to people.

This is good stuff.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice job guys. Enjoyed it and looking forward to the next one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loved the podcast, great to hear TFC shenanigans presented with British wit, very entertaining!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enjoyed it a lot - Nice job
    Toronto 'til I die although still a Leeds fan at heart...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi findingtoronto, glad you've adopted us. Just a board rules note from our mod staff, any further promotion or discussion of your podcast should occur in the TFC Blogs thread. We like to have all blogs and podcasts, cartoons and whatnot in there to keep our board tidy and have everything conveniently in one place. Thank-you. You can post in it here: http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?29582-TFC-MLS-blogs-thread

MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto