Hybrid View

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by king10 View Post
    Then i think the problems would be larger than just the argos at bmo. The problem would be we need new owners. MLSE isnt dumb though, dont think it would ever come to that.
    I think you meant to say, the problems would be larger due to the argos at bmo.

Regarding the scheduling, and TFC having priority as per lease agreement: that's priority at the time of scheduling. They don't know the possible CONCACAF scheduling (or how far TFC might make it in that tournament); nor the MLS or CFL playoff schedules when the MLS & CFL schedules are set before the season starts. There are also many other restrictions, due to TV schedules, various other schedules for the different soccer teams involved, etc. They could easily end up with a footy game in BMO field 2 or 3 days after a CFL game. Or worse, maybe on the same weekend.

Will TFC then be allowed to bump the Argos out of a previously-approved slot in the schedule? I don't think so.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post

Regarding the scheduling, and TFC having priority as per lease agreement: that's priority at the time of scheduling. They don't know the possible CONCACAF scheduling (or how far TFC might make it in that tournament); nor the MLS or CFL playoff schedules when the MLS & CFL schedules are set before the season starts. There are also many other restrictions, due to TV schedules, various other schedules for the different soccer teams involved, etc. They could easily end up with a footy game in BMO field 2 or 3 days after a CFL game. Or worse, maybe on the same weekend.

Will TFC then be allowed to bump the Argos out of a previously-approved slot in the schedule? I don't think so.
    Even if I HAD faith that TFC couldn't get bumped my priority would be the National sides as well. I doubt that's been talked about much in what order of priority it is but let me tell you how nauseous I'd become learning my future road trip to Montreal is because Saputo respects our game more than my hometown.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Even if I HAD faith that TFC couldn't get bumped my priority would be the National sides as well. I doubt that's been talked about much in what order of priority it is but let me tell you how nauseous I'd become learning my future road trip to Montreal is because Saputo respects our game more than my hometown.
    Yes very good point, hadn't thought of that at the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Yup. MLSE will never be right owners when comes to soccer.

They obviously have no clue what they're doing and we're seeing results of that on-field since day one. If wasn't for strong local support for soccer in this market, then TFC would have folded already like Chivas USA.

I personally believe that winning TFC team will explore in this market and truly make BMO field the place to be in summer time (sorry Blue Jay fans, but baseball is boring sport with no atmosphere whatsoever).

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post

They obviously have no clue what they're doing and we're seeing results of that on-field since day one. If wasn't for strong local support for soccer in this market, then TFC would have folded already like Chivas USA.

I personally believe that winning TFC team will explore in this market and truly make BMO field the place to be in summer time (sorry Blue Jay fans, but baseball is boring sport with no atmosphere whatsoever).

Your last statement is a matter of opinion. I know lots of ppl who enjoy a summer ball game. People have different tastes. Nothing wrong with that.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post

Haha as much as I personally agree with you concerning America's pastime this still paints a picture for me of the sports landscape:

So do we hope they only have girls?
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post

Well the jays are allowed to bump the argos from a pre approved time slot if they made the playoffs. Dont see why tfc wouldnt be able to either if its written into the contract. Argos are beggars. They cant be choosers.