Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
By now it's inevitable that the Argos are coming. Too much politics at play, the Dome is kicking them out, and the easiest solution is for them to hit BMO.
But, unless MLSE buys the team, I don't think they'll be much better off. They'll still be paying rent of some sort, and MLSE will still be operating the stadium, thus likely taking a big cut of revenues related to concessions, parking, etc.

At the start they may see a bit of an attendance spike, however, many of the obstacles they face in attracting crowds, are still going to be in place. Simply put, there is still too much competition in this city for both corporate dollars, and people's time and entertainment dollar.

The biggest threat to TFC supporters is priority dates for scheduling, and the quality of the pitch. I think they'll give the hybrid surface a go for a year or two, then go back to a fully artificial stadium. No other CFL team plays on grass at this time. Many MLS teams also are still using artificial surfaces. Its too easy and makes too much financial sense for MLSE.

If we lose grass, we are going to lose our ability to bring in big time DPs like Bradley in the future. This has to be our top concern about the groundshare going forward.

I really dont think mlse will go to turf. The money they save will be far outweighed by the money lost from fans not renewing because they dont want plastic. Mlse isnt dumb. Plus they already sunk so much money into the undersoil heating. And lets not forget the CSA may also have a say since it is the national soccer stadium and they dont want turf either.