Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    olegunnar

Quote Originally Posted by wzhxvy View Post
    Does the rat get tired prematurely and needs to get subbed off early ?
    If you look at the RSL game he was the first to go congratulate Jimmy B after he scored.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    That is true. Its very hard to say who is/are the bad apples in the dressing room.....maybe just too many egos in one locker room. Then I think to myself...why would a MLS PLAYER have an ego....for godsake you play in MLS.
    I've seen players in my beer league that had egos.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    Part of being a good coach, is properly managing the egos in the dressing room. I suspect there are no "bad apples" - just some egos run amok.

- Scott
    Agreed.

I would also add that the coach needs to understand which player/leader on the team they are working with. Every great team has a player (or two) that defines the team. It's that player the rest of the team follows when they lay down the law either but words, actions, or both. Look at any great team in any sport and you'll find a player who set the tone and character for that team. A good coach knows who this player is and how to work with that payer to get the team to buy in to whatever the coach's plan is.

I do not see that in TFC at this point.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 117 View Post
    IMO i don't think its an individual thing I think that there a couple of different cliques within the squad. That do not see eye to eye.

The sad thing is that what is happening is more due to desire and pride then just being a bad apple. People don't like getting called out and that upsets them. If you watch previous games look at who celebrates with the person that scores and you can see the division there.

Plus from what I hear there is a rat in the change room and that can not help to build confidence when you need to watch what you say in the change room which is suppose to be confidential

We need to clean house for this team to be as successful as we want it to be the problem is that it starts from the top and if that there is no change up top then nothing will change.

Just my 2 cents
    If that rumour is true, then that is not good at all.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by olegunnar View Post
    If you look at the RSL game he was the first to go congratulate Jimmy B after he scored.
    If you're referring to Chad here, it would surprise me if he's the rat.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The team does seem split right now, and based on how they play it seems that the Candian Sr. guys are bandning together - Dero, Brennan, Serioux, Deguzman. They seem to try and create plays on thier own. I'd say Guevara and Cronin have been accepted into this click. They are also involved in most of these break outs.

I don't think Barrett is being accepted into this group. They never pass to him unles they have no other outlet. He's been a last resort pass. Anyone know why he left early in the last game??

I don't think the team respects Edwards. I've seen numerous times and several different players dismiss his calls. They either wave him off when he's saying something or they don't move into the position he wants them to be in. Don't know why, could be personality reasons? I see no other reason why.

I think that the first group I mentioned are trying to lead the pack and if you don't follow suite, you're are being left out.

This is just what i see on the field. I could be totally wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chad is not the rat ....

Also, back to my statement regarding celebrations look over the enitre season not just the last game and you can see a trend develop

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cliques:

The USA boys, the CMNT clique, the vets crew, and the younger african kids.

from what I have seen on goal celebrations. But then again, sometimes you just don't want to sprint 50 yards to congrat your teammate in the August heat at BMO...haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 'rat' is probably Mo's buddy Garcia. Chad doesn't strike me as rat material. His only problem is the inability to convert chances. I don't think he's a troublemaker at all. And as for him being on the team sheet every game, who else would you pick? Vitti is a puffball and Gerba is a total waste of space.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KdotOdot View Post
    DeRo. He's from fucking Scarbourough. End thread.

Dam you beat me too it..but since you brought it up your right...hes been fucking negative all season from his crying about the plastic pitch, ball hogging, and his gerneral selfish style of play... there is TFC's bad apple
    lets can him!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I am so suprised that you picked De Ro. Who would have guessed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this is being blown a little out of proportion.

I talked to one guy who has some knowledge about TFC's inner workings on Sunday and he said there are multiple players who, according to the core competitors, dog it in practice, play as if they feel entitled and don't fulfill their on-field responsibilities. They're basically playing as individuals.

Several of the names on here came up (Garcia, Guevara and Serioux several times, if that means anything), but there apparently is no consensus, because the lockeroom atmosphere is somewhat poisoned.

There is a feeling that upper management is pulling the on-field strings, the coaches are out of the loop, and playing time is not based on how hard you work in practice or succeed during game time. There's also a feeling by some players that playing in MLS is not to be taken particularly seriously.

I don't know how accurate this is, but this person's been bang-on so far. Apparently, there was no confidence in the backline, Garcia was played against the team's wishes, and Wynne has bitched constantly since being picked for the US national team about not being allowed to play fullback day in and out.

It's not a pretty picture, but it's not so much about bad apples as bad work habits; people think their spots are protected from on high and don't work hard as a result.

As for the guys working hard, the complaint against them is that it's mostly Barrett and DeRosario bitching that others won't, but both are inconsistent enough on field that the bitching doesn't do any good. Barrett is loved by the type-a side, loathed by the type-me side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ ooooooh thats good stuff jloome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, very interesting!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    The team does seem split right now, and based on how they play it seems that the Candian Sr. guys are bandning together - Dero, Brennan, Serioux, Deguzman. They seem to try and create plays on thier own. I'd say Guevara and Cronin have been accepted into this click. They are also involved in most of these break outs.

I don't think Barrett is being accepted into this group. They never pass to him unles they have no other outlet. He's been a last resort pass. Anyone know why he left early in the last game??

I don't think the team respects Edwards. I've seen numerous times and several different players dismiss his calls. They either wave him off when he's saying something or they don't move into the position he wants them to be in. Don't know why, could be personality reasons? I see no other reason why.

I think that the first group I mentioned are trying to lead the pack and if you don't follow suite, you're are being left out.

This is just what i see on the field. I could be totally wrong.
    IMO, this is right on. Based on the games I've watched, Barrett and Edwards don't seem to be gelling well with the group.

For 2010, DeRo should be made captain. The man's got fire in his eyes when he takes to the pitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post

I talked to one guy who has some knowledge about TFC's inner workings on Sunday and he said there are multiple players who, according to the core competitors, dog it in practice, play as if they feel entitled and don't fulfill their on-field responsibilities. They're basically playing as individuals.

Several of the names on here came up (Garcia, Guevara and Serioux several times, if that means anything), but there apparently is no consensus, because the lockeroom atmosphere is somewhat poisoned.

There is a feeling that upper management is pulling the on-field strings, the coaches are out of the loop, and playing time is not based on how hard you work in practice or succeed during game time. There's also a feeling by some players that playing in MLS is not to be taken particularly seriously.

I don't know how accurate this is, but this person's been bang-on so far. Apparently, there was no confidence in the backline, Garcia was played against the team's wishes, and Wynne has bitched constantly since being picked for the US national team about not being allowed to play fullback day in and out.

It's not a pretty picture, but it's not so much about bad apples as bad work habits; people think their spots are protected from on high and don't work hard as a result.

As for the guys working hard, the complaint against them is that it's mostly Barrett and DeRosario bitching that others won't, but both are inconsistent enough on field that the bitching doesn't do any good. Barrett is loved by the type-a side, loathed by the type-me side.
    Are you sure your source wasn't talking about the Leafs?

Or is that just the way this organization runs all their teams?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Bring back Rohan Ricketts!....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats certainly food for thought - if that shit about garcia dogging it in practice is true and he was played against the wishes of CC and the rest of the team (and perhaps Mo's mole in the room) I'm sorry I ever stood up for him...

The rest of it, I can't say I'm too surprised...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuad Ibrahim, 6 games played, echoes this. I bet he makes over 20 appearances next season.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But why would Serioux keep playing through all his injuries if he doesn't really care that much, or is the "too injured to practise properly but is a warrior so will suck it up and play through the pain" deal his ego trip. I hope not, i like Serioux.

and garcia came up as a guy dogging it in practise and feeling entitled? why? surely he can't think he's too good. maybe he know's mo's got his back so doesn't need to worry what Cummins and the players thought? or knows he's gone at the end of the year so doesn't care?

I should stop here, I'm just throwing out random theories. It's fun though.
    Last edited by Darlofletch; 10-26-2009 at 03:03 PM. Reason: spelling

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Injury after the NYRB GK came in on him with that tackle about 2 minutes before Chad was subbed off. He was in a suit for the second half of the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JDG. as well as others, with regard to character.

Who's the most reluctant person to be on the team at the moment? Who didn't want to sign but couldn't sign elsewhere? Who is here for the money, but heart and mind are over seas?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Barrett is loved by the type-a side, loathed by the type-me side.
    For some reason, I'm not surprised by this. I'd love to have 2-3 guys like Barrett on my team. If only for their work ethic!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BoltonTFC View Post
    I've seen players in my beer league that had egos.
    Right here.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh man, we are badly in need of a hard as nails coach who takes no shit from anyone, players and management alike. But is Mo going to appoint a head coach like that based on what jloome has posted? Seems unlikely.

I've got to tell you guys, right now I am not even looking forward to next season one bit. All I can see is more of the same half assed shit, riddled with politics, and a poison filled dressing room, because how can they clean shop that thoroughly in one off season? Even if they fire Mo and half the playing squad, we're still fucked.

How did this happen? Man I long for the carefree days of season one, I really do...
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Country club atmosphere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopee View Post
    Country club atmosphere.
    The way MLS pays, they can't afford a country club

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LOL... just means some guys don't give a shit because there is no accountability.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    JDG. as well as others, with regard to character.

Who's the most reluctant person to be on the team at the moment? Who didn't want to sign but couldn't sign elsewhere? Who is here for the money, but heart and mind are over seas?
    JDG has been here for what? Six weeks?

Not to mention that, if you're right that he "doesn't want to be here", he's probably working his ass off to look as attractive as possible to possible European suitors that are no doubt keeping an eye on him.

You don't achieve that by being a lazy shit in practice, and not putting in work on the pitch. JDG isn't a problem. Nor would guys question his "right" to a starting position, considering his La Liga pedigree.

The names of Garcia and Guevara don't surprise me at all (from jloome's inside info) - Serioux is a bit of a surprise, but I suppose it doesn't shock me too much.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

There is a feeling that upper management is pulling the on-field strings...
    I wonder if there a relationship between the Real Madrid "Real Grass" issue and the "poisoning" of the room/mistrust of management.

Players tend to look out for themselves if they feel no real connection to the team. Their time here becomes an audition for the next step in their careers and management is tuned out.

I looked back on the announcement that a temporary real grass pitch was to be installed. Appears that it came at the end of May (29th).

At that point, we were 4-3-4.

After that point, we went 6-8-5.

It's not a huge difference but our PPG dropped after that point and I wonder if that contributed to any bad feelings that naturally exist on any team. Ultimately, Management sent the message that the health of the RM players was more important than their own guys.

At that point, I think loyalty goes out the window and it becomes a bit of a me first mentality.

This was about a month after Carver quits and a couple of days before Sutton is shipped out and Garcia ultimately ends up coming in.

On its own, maybe not the TSN Turning Point... but combined?