Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One more thing nobody talks about.
    Do you guys really think the home trip to TO, the 2 days spent at home and coming back "refreshed" as they say, was good to TFC?
    I call BS on that, probably most of the guys came back in a lot worst shape than Sunday evening after the last match.

I mean let's get logical here.
    You're seeing your wives, girlfriends after missing for how many days? And already tired physically...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So my question for the board, if you knew you were as depleted as you were. Why wouldn’t you just park the bus and play for a 0-0 draw. The first goal ok, but the second on the counter attack was completely unacceptable. Starting the second you were down 2-0 so you need to try to see if you can chip one in. But at 3-0, just kill the game, get the youth on (why is Poz still playing). I still think they can win the shield Philly have three tough games (Chicago-in form, Columbus - revenge and New England is New England) but we now need to win all games our games and we are riddled with injuries.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least the Kids are getting a run out tonight. TFC Homegrown product makes his MLS debut. The youngest player in club history.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    I would be really interested in seeing a stat on how many man games we have lost due to injuries. I wouldn't be surprised if we are near the top of the league. This seems to be a recurring theme over the past few years. If this is not the coaches fault then who is to blame?

Last I checked that stat we were around the top third. It is an issue but not one you fire a manager over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is Mullins even.

The boy is a mediocre at best striker and his work rate is crap. Why is he given the time of day?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here’s a faint reminder of hope - we needed a horrific Cinci team who was down two men (?!) to get a draw at DC last year to get us a home playoff game, and it happened against all logic to the contrary - sometimes strange things can happen in our favour.....not much else I can think of tonight to give us any Shield hope over the next three games....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Last I checked that stat we were around the top third. It is an issue but not one you fire a manager over.
    In MLS, I don't think a manager should be fired over injuries, but in European leagues it's a different story. I am curious to see what a different manager would do with this team though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by samuraizero View Post
    What is Mullins even.

The boy is a mediocre at best striker and his work rate is crap. Why is he given the time of day?
    Right now, there are no other strikers to use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it doesnt help that tfc had only 2 days training this week,being on the road all this time finally caught up with them.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The lessons of this game are not for 2020.

The lessons of this game are for 2021.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I go back and forth as to whether Vanney is actually a good coach.

On the one hand I look at our record, the playoff run last year, winning games with a short handed roster. Looks good.

On the other, I see what appears to be the team falling into the same tactical pitfalls over and over. And that makes me wonder if he’s really just a bus driver with a Ferrari.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bhandsome90 View Post
    In MLS, I don't think a manager should be fired over injuries, but in European leagues it's a different story. I am curious to see what a different manager would do with this team though.
    Overall the Vanney era has been successful however he always has had one of the better rosters in the league. What we don't know is how the club would have fared with the same players but under a different coach. There are 2 things about the Vanney era that we need to consider. 1) We continue to be dogged by injuries. 2) We have lost more cup finals then we have won. For me the jury is still out on Vanney. I wonder how he would do if he had Vancouver's line up.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still stand by this

Team is being straight out beat tonight - not seeing players not trying (well, Gallardo aside) . Just getting terribly beat.
    I also saw Fraser and a few others jogging lightly at times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    Do you guys really think the home trip to TO, the 2 days spent at home and coming back "refreshed" as they say, was good to TFC?
    I call BS on that, probably most of the guys came back in a lot worst shape than Sunday evening after the last match.

You're seeing your wives, girlfriends after missing for how many days? And already tired physically...
    i agree totally with you on that .2 days training player carrying knocks no training staff for 2 to 3 days.not a good recipe

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been quiet about Fraser, not really seen him enough and therefor having an opinion. Grant it, we were seriously injured (we were, so not panicking) and everyone played poorly tonight but unless I am missing something... I don’t see him as the future.

This core group of players have maybe 1 year left together and we have a legitimate chance to win, so keep trying. But this off season is going to be interesting. It is time to get thinking about 2021 and 2022. I can think of at least 5 players who are winding down but I don’t see the depth to replace them.

Let’s enjoy it while we can but we really need to see if Ali has the chops. I think the pressure is on him more than anyone and I really don’t want to see us not going for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I also saw Fraser and a few others jogging lightly at times.
    That’s actually his full on sprint. It only appears like jogging

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Cruel but close to truth, unfortunately. He's on par with Bradley.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    That's true, and sadly funny. But sometimes he wasn't even trying that hard, looked like a jog (for him) but was actually more like a walk.

And I didn't only mean to pick on Fraser. Just felt that there wasn't as much of a reaction to adversity as I would have wanted to see, especially from some guys that don't play so much and shouldn't have been very tired.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think that was it. I heard a report that Poz and his wife each slept with one foot on the floor.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think you can expect players to be away from home and their families forever, especially in a place like Hartford. After both the NHL and NBA seasons were over, players spoke about the mental difficulties of the environment, despite those being much larger and more posh "bubbles" than what TFC is dealing with. These two trips were known and could have been planned for as soon as the MLS schedule was released for this phase, with adequate depth and rotation within TFC. But that didn't happen for various reasons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    That's true, and sadly funny. But sometimes he wasn't even trying that hard, looked like a jog (for him) but was actually more like a walk.

And I didn't only mean to pick on Fraser. Just felt that there wasn't as much of a reaction to adversity as I would have wanted to see, especially from some guys that don't play so much and shouldn't have been very tired.
    He’s a unique case I think. Would be surprised if he’s here beyond this year. Let’s be honest, coach doesn’t trust him and when he’s on the field that appears to be for good reason.

Problem is less experience he gets the less chance there is of him ever being ready. He didn’t look bad at all last year and occasionally looked great. That said, even on that form I don’t know if he’s ahead of the others in the pecking order on merit.

To me the only chance he has is to find a place where he’s going to play most of the time.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 10-24-2020 at 09:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    I have been quiet about Fraser, not really seen him enough and therefor having an opinion. Grant it, we were seriously injured (we were, so not panicking) and everyone played poorly tonight but unless I am missing something... I don’t see him as the future.

This core group of players have maybe 1 year left together and we have a legitimate chance to win, so keep trying. But this off season is going to be interesting. It is time to get thinking about 2021 and 2022. I can think of at least 5 players who are winding down but I don’t see the depth to replace them.

Let’s enjoy it while we can but we really need to see if Ali has the chops. I think the pressure is on him more than anyone and I really don’t want to see us not going for it.
    Remember MLS is a gate driven league and with no fans in the stadium the club must be bleeding red ink. My concern is that MLSE may cut Manning's budget, with only player's on minimal contracts brought in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I think next year needs to be the year of fresh blood. Bradley and Jozy are done.
    we will see. I think Josy has lots more to give - but there are a lot of miles on Michaels body and he did look two steps behind the play tonight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The future of the midfield of this team is Osorio & somebody else - could be Delgado, could be a new player.

Not Bradley

Not Fraser
    You might very well be right. Those two serious injuries in fairly quick succession have really hurt the General.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My thing about Bradley is his style of a buildup starting with always one player doesn't work anymore. And certainly doesn't work well with Pozuelo.

Bradley's passing quality masked it for awhile but he's lost that considerably this season.

DMs know longer sit in front of the back 2 and spray.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going forward the plan should be to rest players and try and get everyone back and healthy. Our lack of depth was exposed tonight. Unless all of our key players are in the lineup we have no chance of winning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like I picked a good game to get food poisoning for.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing that is in here & I saw online a bit last night

There seems to be this supposition that allowing the team to go home for 2 days & not train is a bad thing.

I'm just going to put out my two cents about this viewpoint

Don't be heartless assholes

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    Remember MLS is a gate driven league and with no fans in the stadium the club must be bleeding red ink. My concern is that MLSE may cut Manning's budget, with only player's on minimal contracts brought in.

Thinking about last nights game, if you are going to blow a game, do it last night. Don’t let Philly see your “A” game until the Eastern Conference Finals. They really were a train wreck of injuries, and I agree that should be looked into. My comment on Ali was exactly that, he may or may not have a budget but his job is to find the best players. I still think MLSE stay committed until 2026 at least.