Page 34 of 118 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 3511
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Suffice to say he's not taking the kind of pay cut most on here seem to think. Market dictates price and someone in MLS would sign him for good money if not us.
    I don't know about that. There isn't anymore polarizing a figure in American soccer right now than Bradley (except maybe Altidore). MLS teams don't want to alienate their fanbase (LAFC might be able to get away with it).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I dont believe that TFC has said that. They did say that he agreed to restructure his contract so that Jozy could come. But that is quite different. Although I stand to be corrected if I missed something.
    From earlier in this thread (03-18-2019, 10:26 AM):

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    Spoke to someone in the media yesterday for TFC.

- possibly signing Bradley to a TAM and bringing in a DP.
    I don't know who the media person referenced here is, but I'm pretty sure I remember Wheeler mentioning the possibility of that move as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
    From earlier in this thread (03-18-2019, 10:26 AM):

I don't know who the media person referenced here is, but I'm pretty sure I remember Wheeler mentioning the possibility of that move as well.
    Thanks. I took that post as Media, not TFC media guy. Regardless, helpful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the most recent KJ & Caldwell podcast they were a bit critical of Curtis and Manning, implying that they've been dragging their feet in signing a winger and saying to just get on with it.

Interesting comments. Are they implying that TFC's new due diligence procedure is too stringent or slow, or both?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    On the most recent KJ & Caldwell podcast they were a bit critical of Curtis and Manning, implying that they've been dragging their feet in signing a winger and saying to just get on with it.

Interesting comments. Are they implying that TFC's new due diligence procedure is too stringent or slow, or both?
    They have to sign at least one player before May when the schedule gets extremely busy. Adding a player has been “close” for weeks now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    They have to sign at least one player before May when the schedule gets extremely busy. Adding a player has been “close” for weeks now.
    I know. But I assume they would probably have some sort of inside information about what's going on, so to hear them say it in that way was interesting.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I assume they are all in on this Menendez guy and the rest of it is just noise. It's probably as nutty as the Pozotransfersoap but without the media attention because he's not an important player in Argentina.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I assume they are all in on this Menendez guy and the rest of it is just noise. It's probably as nutty as the Pozotransfersoap but without the media attention because he's not an important player in Argentina.
    I love this title Ensco

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Curtis’s profile (300 of binders) strikes me as someone who will almost always come to the right answer but might on occasion takes too long to do so. Sometimes, when you wait, the decisions get made for you. That risk is fine for a RBNY or some other team that is on a shoe string budget but less so for TFC where the need to stay competitive is more immediate.

At a certain point we just wasted our time not having a winger and the new options will present no greater utility than the old ones.

Edit: Menendez looks to be a good player but certainly not worth waiting for. They should get on with it if they can’t close this in short order.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 04-17-2019 at 08:40 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Curtis’s profile (300 of binders) strikes me as someone who will almost always come to the right answer but might on occasion takes too long to do so. Sometimes, when you wait, the decisions get made for you. That risk is fine for a RBNY or some other team that is on a shoe string budget but less so for TFC where the need to stay competitive is more immediate.

At a certain point we just wasted our time not having a winger and the new options will present no greater utility than the old ones.

Edit: Menendez looks to be a good player but certainly not worth waiting for. They should get on with it if they can’t close this in short order.
    There are better left wingers than Menendez that will be available on a free in the summer. Maybe Curtis is trying to get one of them before the may window closes?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Are they dragging their feet or is the other party (team or player agent) playing chicken to see how much they can get if they hold out right up until the last minute?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are better left wingers than Menendez that will be available on a free in the summer. Maybe Curtis is trying to get one of them before the may window closes?
    This is what I think or else they are using that to negotiate the transfer fee down for who they want (Menendez/Jansen).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, on the recent Extratime podcast, Taylor Twellman confirmed that it was Arjen Robben who reached out to TFC, and TFC politely declined, but that Robben is still eager to come to MLS.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just listened to it, you're right they were quite critical. Stating they need to get a deal done. Im sure it bothers KJ as well since a month ago he got false info and tweeted Menendez deal was done and then erased it.

They were also critical of Delgado saying he offers no attacking threat and if they were Seattle players they wouldn't be scared of giving him plenty of space, unlike Roldan, who plays the same spot but offers a lot more offensively. Delgado's advantage is he has a huge engine to cover space and connect the flow of play. IMO, when a winger comes it'll probably be Delgado and Osorio fighting for the same spot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Just listened to it, you're right they were quite critical. Stating they need to get a deal done. Im sure it bothers KJ as well since a month ago he got false info and tweeted Menendez deal was done and then erased it.

They were also critical of Delgado saying he offers no attacking threat and if they were Seattle players they wouldn't be scared of giving him plenty of space, unlike Roldan, who plays the same spot but offers a lot more offensively. Delgado's advantage is he has a huge engine to cover space and connect the flow of play. IMO, when a winger comes it'll probably be Delgado and Osorio fighting for the same spot.
    They were also critical of the Pozuelo signing saying he was awful when they watched him at Swansea...there's a reason they're in the booth and Curtis/Manning run the show. We can only trust the process and so far there's little reason, if any, to doubt it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They were also critical of the Pozuelo signing saying he was awful when they watched him at Swansea...there's a reason they're in the booth and Curtis/Manning run the show. We can only trust the process and so far there's little reason, if any, to doubt it.
    Well they didn't really say anything wrong about any of it - they're analyzing different things. To be fair, Poz didn't shine at Swansea and did at genk. So saying he didn't do great there but has technical skills isn't saying anything wrong. Kj is great I usually can't say much wrong about him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Are they dragging their feet or is the other party (team or player agent) playing chicken to see how much they can get if they hold out right up until the last minute?
    Yea, if they have made an offer to player out of contract in June/July the player is well within their rights to see if something juicer comes along or if his current club offers him a bumper extension.

And speaking hypothetically that player could still be playing in a continental competition where he is being scouted by other teams.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ya they both say dumb things more often than not. Both over analyze or are completely off the mark with their assessment of things.

One guy who seems to get things spot on with regards to TFC - at least IMO - is Terry Dunfield. I don't know what he's like in the broadcast booth - but on the podcast him and I have similar views on TFC related things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Menendez is off again. Independiente want to sell. TFC want a loan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This guy cannot be worth this much time and effort.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Menendez is off again. Independiente want to sell. TFC want a loan.

Probably where the 'just get it done' comments arise from.

Seems they're still spooked by the ghost of Axetke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get why they dont want to buy Menendez with alternatives that could be had on a free in may/June. I also wonder if they spent most of the budget on Pozuelo and wont be using the TAM money.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not using the TAM money means not competing with the rest of the league - they'll spend it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get why they dont want to buy Menendez with alternatives that could be had on a free in may/June. I also wonder if they spent most of the budget on Pozuelo and wont be using the TAM money.
    It’s free money and we aren’t at the cap, so they’ll spend it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably where the 'just get it done' comments arise from.

Seems they're still spooked by the ghost of Axetke.
    For good reason...we pissed $2 Million + the 2018 MLS Season down the drain on Axeteke and Van der Wiel. Between them and Giovinco, Vasquez...that's $10 Million a season taken out of the team playing budget.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd rather them operate this way and try to arrange a short loan before buying especially with S.A players as they are often busts. If we have to buy and buy only then go after Jansen. At least it's proven he can adapt to MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I'd rather them operate this way and try to arrange a short loan before buying especially with S.A players as they are often busts. If we have to buy and buy only then go after Jansen. At least it's proven he can adapt to MLS.
    Jansen would have to be a DP, his stock is rising after doing well this winter in Argentina.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jansen would have to be a DP, his stock is rising after doing well this winter in Argentina.
    If Bradley really is going to move to a TAM deal next season then you could still get him for a half season and fit him as TAM most likely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I’d get Yamil Asad. Longer track record in MLS and good stats. That said Jansen seemed to be a very good team guy and capable, wouldn’t discount that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We should just buy Janson, he was inserted into a struggling team last year in a different environment that he's used to and played pretty well considering. If his stock has risen in Argentina after moving back, it must mean he's on the way up. It might be a good piece of business.