Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I guess we have to give credit to Bez. Whatever happens.
    Bez deserves this. He's great at building teams, even in a second tier market.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, Don Garber.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This just demonstrates again that Bez was by far the best TFC manager.
    I'm just afraid that we won't have for many years, maybe decades such a good general manager again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gonna need a better mic.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice of the owner to say "take the trophy" to the captain - knows what the priorities are.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats to Bez, JHams and Josh, all former Reds.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know it's hard to cheer for Columbus, but consider what they went through, especially with the Precourt shenanigans. This win was a good FU to close that chapter, and also to end their run in the first soccer-specific stadium in MLS. (I think?)

Others have mentioned Bez, Jordan Hamilton and Josh Williams. I'm also happy for Pat Onstad and Corey Wray. And Stefan Frei needs a haircut and a beard trim before I consider cheering for him again LOL.

EDIT Oh and Jaime McMillan is with the Crew as well.
    Last edited by Auzzy; 12-12-2020 at 11:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Nice of the owner to say "take the trophy" to the captain - knows what the priorities are.
    I was glad to see that too.

The whole American “owner takes the trophy first” thing is so backwards. How fragile are the egos involved to have to do such a thing?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    And Stefan Frei needs a haircut and a beard trim before I consider cheering for him again LOL.
    I was a fan of Frei when he was here and actually have his name on a kit from back then. I wished him nothing but the best when he moved on knowing that TFC let him go to save some money on Kocic at the time which was not great management in hindsight. I lost respect for Frei though after an interview he had prior to coming to MLS Cup in Toronto in 2016. He was asked if it means anything to him to go back to Toronto where he was a fan favourite and where he got his start to battle for his first MLS Cup. He said that Toronto and the Toronto fans mean nothing to him and it is just another city in MLS to him and that he is very happy to have moved on from Toronto. I don't care if he hates on the TFC FO for whatever happened but disrespecting the city and the fans is not very cool when all of us cheered him on and treated him so well while he was here. It kind of showed some of his character so probably not someone I would cheer for ever anymore and I have retired the jersey into my closet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I was a fan of Frei when he was here and actually have his name on a kit from back then. I wished him nothing but the best when he moved on knowing that TFC let him go to save some money on Kocic at the time which was not great management in hindsight. I lost respect for Frei though after an interview he had prior to coming to MLS Cup in Toronto in 2016. He was asked if it means anything to him to go back to Toronto where he was a fan favourite and where he got his start to battle for his first MLS Cup. He said that Toronto and the Toronto fans mean nothing to him and it is just another city in MLS to him and that he is very happy to have moved on from Toronto. I don't care if he hates on the TFC FO for whatever happened but disrespecting the city and the fans is not very cool when all of us cheered him on and treated him so well while he was here. It kind of showed some of his character so probably not someone I would cheer for ever anymore and I have retired the jersey into my closet.
    Oh snap I never heard that interview. Pretty shitty of him if true. I remember in the early TFC days he couldn't get through a post game interview without stumbling over his words he was so nervous in front of the cameras.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow I missed that Frei interview as well, that sucks.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post

He does look really krusty after every goal allowed, but i took that as being a competitor and not so much being a prick....LOL.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    He does look really krusty after every goal allowed, but i took that as being a competitor and not so much being a prick....LOL.
    For all I know the interview I saw was more about him pumping up how happy he was to be a Sounder and that he is not unhappy about the decision made for him to leave Toronto and maybe also some attempt at pre-MLS Cup rivalry type talk but his choice of words was very poor if he didn't mean to insult Toronto fans that care about him when he was here.....but if he did intend to insult us and the city then job done. When you only see these people in interviews you can only take them for the words that are coming out of their mouths.