Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    Real's South Americans....key ones in Militao, Vinicious, Rodrygo, Fede Valverde, and have others on loan as well like Reiner....bought a 16 year old Brazil wonderkid Endrick recently but will stay there for 2 years then come to Madrid.

Players will go where money is, like psg as well but Real and Barca too...at least Man city got nailed for breaking all kinds of financial regulations....and no doubt Chelsea wil as well...absolutely ridiculous sums paid for fernendez and mudryk. And psg is obviously not following any fair play rules with Mbappe, Neymar and Messi...Hakimi....Ramos....

Real also sold at the start of the year Case to man u (brought in Tchoumeni from France as his replacement and Marcelo was finished but I think went to Greece...so last year, 5 key South Americans starting...4 this year. Tobias is another Brazilian, looking to be the RB next year...is reserve now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Re Messi, if he is going to play in a lesser league, and it's not Saudi for the cash... why not Newell's?

I mean I know the security situation there isn't perfect, but he can hire guys. From a sentimental POV, I mean, imagine....
    I think the wife prefers Barcelona...or Miami.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.voetbalnieuws.be/news/69...sende-transfer

A report says Poz is going to a Turkish league team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Re Messi, if he is going to play in a lesser league, and it's not Saudi for the cash... why not Newell's? I mean I know the security situation there isn't perfect, but he can hire guys. From a sentimental POV, I mean, imagine....
    He has stated that it is a dream of his to return to his hometown boyhood club. IIUC, has a 'Compound' there. Visit yes, live like that, maybe not. On the other hand, has business interests in Spain, Boutique Hotels, so a return to Barca, even for a match and then retirement in Spain would not be out of the question; believe still has his nice home there. Family is most familiar and likely comfortable in this setting. IIRC, he is only renting his Paris home which is close to PSG; BTW, IMO France is not Latino Life accommodating. I think the MLS Miami rumour is real. Daddy Messi and entourage love rucking up these shenanigans. Then there is The MLS/Apple/Miami-KC Black Card Package Template that has been alluded to and somewhat leaked. For Messi perhaps 35% ownership or value of Miami FC; Forbes #11 @ 600M USD, therefore about 210M USD. Also, the idea of CR7 to KC, however odd, supports the ongoing notion of Messi to Miami. If anything, it demonstrates that a Mega Star Player contingency has be gamed out to a degree. As a city, Miami is 'relatively' safe and an easy air travel conduit to Argentina or Europe; and still an oasis to the rich and famous. Family life would not be too bad there; maybe some happy wife, happy life consideration. Unclear ownership rumours of a villa and an entire Porsche designed apartment building floor! there also exist. So other than all this being part of Daddy Messi gamesmanship, a typical stalking horse feint, I would suggest possible... perhaps even probable.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 02-06-2023 at 12:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Noble Okello is on trial with LA Galaxy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Noble Okello is on trial with LA Galaxy.
    Greg Vanney brings in every single guy that he used to work with, if he is at loose ends, for a look.

Bob Bradley, not so much (although Romero and Diomande are in that bucket).

Just observing. No big opinion on what is right.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.voetbalnieuws.be/news/69...sende-transfer

A report says Poz is going to a Turkish league team.
    He posted an Instagram story yesterday flying first class on Turkish Airlines. Wouldn't be my first choice on where to play, but get that bread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not MLS-transfer, but could see him coming to MLS now

Gloire Amanda terminated his contract with Austrian Bundesliga side Austria Klangenfurt today. Given it got terminated today, he's unable to join any team who's transfer window closed on January 31 (since he'd have needed to be a free agent while their window was open to join after it closes). Maybe an MLS move is in the cards for him since he terminated it now and the MLS transfer window is open

He's Canadian, played with Whitecaps 2, and was the 2020 NCAA player of the year
    Last edited by rydermike; 02-06-2023 at 05:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Not MLS-transfer, but could see him coming to MLS now

Gloire Amanda terminated his contract with Austrian Bundesliga side Austria Klangenfurt today. Given it got terminated today, he's unable to join any team who's transfer window closed on January 31 (since he'd have needed to be a free agent while their window was open to join after it closes). Maybe an MLS move is in the cards for him since he terminated it now.

He's Canadian, played with Whitecaps 2, and was the 2020 NCAA player of the year
    Given his pro record so far, I'd think USL seems more likely. But maybe someone takes a flier. 1 goal in two years at age 24 is not a great number for someone who was so prolific as a youth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LAFC is on the verge of signing Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang to a DP deal.

https://www.lefigaro.fr/sports/footb...a-mls-20230206

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seeing these other euro players coming to mls, really glad we managed to get insigne and berna.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    seeing these other euro players coming to mls, really glad we managed to get insigne and berna.
    Aubameyang should score 20 in his sleep in this league.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aubameyang should score 20 in his sleep in this league.
    kidding, aren't you?

has looked washed and uninterested for a while, would be going to LA for the lifestyle.

those sorts of players no longer cut it in MLS. 34 in june, with attitude issues (chased out of 3 teams in 18 months).

would be livid if we were replacing arango, a proven striker in his prime that is an MLS success, with a washed aubameyang who's been at 3 clubs in the past 2 years (unless it wasn't a DP contact, of course).
    Last edited by leedsandTFC; 02-06-2023 at 08:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kidding, aren't you?

has looked washed and uninterested for a while, would be going to LA for the lifestyle.

those sorts of players no longer cut it in MLS. 34 in june, with attitude issues (chased out of 3 teams in 18 months).

would be livid if we were replacing arango, a proven striker in his prime that is an MLS success, with a washed aubameyang who's been at 3 clubs in the past 2 years (unless it wasn't a DP contact, of course).
    He had 11 goals in 18 games at Barca last summer. He looked anything but washed. And how someone's doing at Chelsea these days doesn't indicate much.

I remember when he left Arsenal for BArca, everyone said he was washed then, too.

If he gets good service he's still pretty clinical and this is not the Premier League.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He had 11 goals in 18 games at Barca last summer. He looked anything but washed. And how someone's doing at Chelsea these days doesn't indicate much.

I remember when he left Arsenal for BArca, everyone said he was washed then, too.

If he gets good service he's still pretty clinical and this is not the Premier League.
    he's been chased out of 3 teams in 18 months, and is 34 in 4 months.

this is a guy who relied heavily on pace.

if they can get him focused, fit and concentrated, it might work, for a year? more than likely will be a failure, tho.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he's been chased out of 3 teams in 18 months,
    Yeah... I'm not sure being the victim of a brutal home invasion robbery that leaves you with a broken jaw and a terrified family is quite being "chased out" of Barcelona. They were rather eager to leave. And Chelsea paid E12M for him just five months ago. So clearly, the manager of the day wasn't eager to "chase him out."

They've just switched to Potter and he's been gash again, but so has the whole team.

This guy scored 11 goals in 18 at Barcelona less than a year ago. He's a little better than the average MLS striker. But yeah, who knows how age and interest will affect it. He'd certainly turned off at Arsenal, although to his defense, he claimed at the time that Arteta didn't even talk to him about it, just went into a fit one week and that was it. And he has a rep for that sort of flighty shit.

The evidence on hand suggests he'll do well.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah... I'm not sure being the victim of a brutal home invasion robbery that leaves you with a broken jaw and a terrified family is quite being "chased out" of Barcelona. They were rather eager to leave. And Chelsea paid E12M for him just five months ago. So clearly, the manager of the day wasn't eager to "chase him out."

They've just switched to Potter and he's been gash again, but so has the whole team.

This guy scored 11 goals in 18 at Barcelona less than a year ago. He's a little better than the average MLS striker. But yeah, who knows how age and interest will affect it. He'd certainly turned off at Arsenal, although to his defense, he claimed at the time that Arteta didn't even talk to him about it, just went into a fit one week and that was it. And he has a rep for that sort of flighty shit.

The evidence on hand suggests he'll do well.
    He's had one decent spell in the past 18 months and is a nearly 34 year old striker who relies heavily on pace.

Not to mention, been frozen out by 2 teams in a year.

All these are the hallmarks of a poor signing.

Of course mls is often a place where players sonetimes find and reinvent themselves. Just doesn't strike me that this is where he is at this point.

We'll see soon. I'd far rather have arango, even as a dp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Auba would do well in MLS for a year or two, but I also wouldn't want him on TFC.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kidding, aren't you?

I recall a heated debate on this board when Bernadeschi was rumoured to be interested in signing, think that worked out ok, truth is you never discount any player that is come from big sides like Arsenal Barcelona and yes Juventus , contrary to some opinions this league is still not that good, Former Premiership stars and European champion Italians toy with MLS defenders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's had one decent spell in the past 18 months and is a nearly 34 year old striker who relies heavily on pace.

Not to mention, been frozen out by 2 teams in a year.

All these are the hallmarks of a poor signing.

Of course mls is often a place where players sonetimes find and reinvent themselves. Just doesn't strike me that this is where he is at this point.

We'll see soon. I'd far rather have arango, even as a dp.
    I totally agree with this. He's been locker room poison on his last three teams. He's looked terrible at Chelsea. And I get that Chelsea is a weird case these days, but he's showed the same pattern everywhere. If LA got a half a year out of him they would be lucky.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't want him, I know his record a year ago was good at Barca, but so was Ronaldo's at Utd, yet this year he could barely move let alone finish chances for them. Age can catch up very quickly, niggling injuries much harder to shake off. When you are banging in goals for fun, certain quirks or attitude issues can be overlooked, tolerated even, but when you are struggling, those attitude issues can cause unrest in the locker room, effecting team morale, as we saw with Ronaldo before he left Man utd. Maybe this move might rejuvenite him, and he gets his goalscoring mojo back. As a betting man I'd have strong doubts about that though.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    I recall a heated debate on this board when Bernadeschi was rumoured to be interested in signing, think that worked out ok, truth is you never discount any player that is come from big sides like Arsenal Barcelona and yes Juventus , contrary to some opinions this league is still not that good, Former Premiership stars and European champion Italians toy with MLS defenders.
    Player who is 28 vs nearly 34, is the difference

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I totally agree with this. He's been locker room poison on his last three teams. He's looked terrible at Chelsea. And I get that Chelsea is a weird case these days, but he's showed the same pattern everywhere. If LA got a half a year out of him they would be lucky.
    <<but he's showed the same pattern everywhere>>

Dude, he literally hasn't. He went to Barca and scored 11 in 18. That was only six months ago. If the guy isn't robbed and beaten, he's probably still there scoring goals.

Some strikers just don't settle in England. Plus, he's 33. I also haven't seen any "locker room poison" stories, just Arteta disliking his effort and Auba saying "he hasn't even talked to me." THat was right before Barca, which was six months ago.

I'll give you he's been terrible at Chelsea, but perhaps he's not up to that level competitively anymore and expects to fail because of his time at Arsenal.... all of which is moot. He scored 11 in 18 at Barcelona six months ago; he's a better-than-MLS striker.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<<but he's showed the same pattern everywhere>>

Dude, he literally hasn't. He went to Barca and scored 11 in 18. That was only six months ago. If the guy isn't robbed and beaten, he's probably still there scoring goals.

Some strikers just don't settle in England. Plus, he's 33. I also haven't seen any "locker room poison" stories, just Arteta disliking his effort and Auba saying "he hasn't even talked to me." THat was right before Barca, which was six months ago.

I'll give you he's been terrible at Chelsea, but perhaps he's not up to that level competitively anymore and expects to fail because of his time at Arsenal.... all of which is moot. He scored 11 in 18 at Barcelona six months ago; he's a better-than-MLS striker.
    he did settle in england though, was a good player for arsenal for years.

and drop off for players that rely heavily on pace can be very fast, see ronaldo.

we'll see soon if they sign him, i guess!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he did settle in england though, was a good player for arsenal for years.

and drop off for players that rely heavily on pace can be very fast, see ronaldo.

we'll see soon if they sign him, i guess!
    Ronaldo is 37, and would still score 30 goals in MLS.

We're a decent league now, ala Switzerland, Belgium, Denmark, Scotland. But we're also a skill-heavy league -- skill on the ball, far less tactically disciplined, and technically quite naive.

A good technical player, who understands the cut-off angles that are blind to defenders, who knows how to move against the movement of the rest of a team, who can bounce between two central defenders until he has subtly pushed them a bit too wide... that guy doesn't need a lot of speed in our league. He just needs service, and LAFC has tons.

But maybe he'll come in disinterested. That was the knock in England, that he really didn't seem to want to be there. Which I can understand. When I was kid living part of the year in Africa and part in England, I'll be blunt about how depressing English weather and some social elements could be.

Angola had all sorts of problems, but it also had the nicest people on Earth, fantastic weather, beautiful beaches.

If you're a pro footballer with enough money that you could afford to live anywhere, England can wear on you. Kevin De Bruyne, who lives in London for his career right now, was quite blunt in an interview with the Guardian before the World Cup about how quickly he'd be leaving once his career was done.

Auba is at the end of his career, a guy in his thirties with a family. It might be that living in LA is a refreshing change of scenery.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ronaldo is 37, and would still score 30 goals in MLS.

We're a decent league now, ala Switzerland, Belgium, Denmark, Scotland. But we're also a skill-heavy league -- skill on the ball, far less tactically disciplined, and technically quite naive.

A good technical player, who understands the cut-off angles that are blind to defenders, who knows how to move against the movement of the rest of a team, who can bounce between two central defenders until he has subtly pushed them a bit too wide... that guy doesn't need a lot of speed in our league. He just needs service, and LAFC has tons.

But maybe he'll come in disinterested. That was the knock in England, that he really didn't seem to want to be there. Which I can understand. When I was kid living part of the year in Africa and part in England, I'll be blunt about how depressing English weather and some social elements could be.

Angola had all sorts of problems, but it also had the nicest people on Earth, fantastic weather, beautiful beaches.

If you're a pro footballer with enough money that you could afford to live anywhere, England can wear on you. Kevin De Bruyne, who lives in London for his career right now, was quite blunt in an interview with the Guardian before the World Cup about how quickly he'd be leaving once his career was done.

Auba is at the end of his career, a guy in his thirties with a family. It might be that living in LA is a refreshing change of scenery.
    3 clubs in 18 months, a second 34 year old DP who'se been frozen out of 2 clubs in a year.

dress it up however you like, it's a real change from what made LAFC a success and would be frankly a big step back.

we've been worrying about having a few key players aged 30-32, imagine if 2 of our DPs were 34, bad situation.

what was the last successful mls team with 2 dps in their mid 30s?

la galaxy 2014?

also, ronaldo is currently struggling in the saudi league, yet to score an open play goal.
    Last edited by leedsandTFC; 02-07-2023 at 01:09 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Player who is 28 vs nearly 34, is the difference
    I don’t know , Champions League winners are lead by two 35 year olds Benzema and Modric, this is MLS , a 34 year old is no concern at all for me

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    I don’t know , Champions League winners are lead by two 35 year olds Benzema and Modric, this is MLS , a 34 year old is no concern at all for me
    yes, and there's a reason modric and benzema are still at real madrid and not being frozen out of multiple teams in the past 12 months+shipped off to mls.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)