Page 9 of 174 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    He was just recently spending time with Real and Barca observing and absorbing more knowledge and ready to make the next step. I think I saw a tweet somewhere about that.

He's also been in Real's youth teams before, so perhaps will be somewhere in Spain.

I for one, really liked him, and wish we would have made him permanent here.
    I was never sold on him. He seems more an assistant to me. Has more of that educator, academy, collegiate thing going on. Not sure a player like Insigne would value his tactics lessons on the black board.

He would probably be a good MLS Next Pro manager though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    Lawrence issue doesnt make any sense- my bro works with his family member as well -and the whole situation doesnt seem it was played in a practical/fair way to the team and player - considering lawrence is connected to bill manning
    Now I don't know in TFC's case but as a person who has worked in places with rotating staffs, the only thing I can figure is that they knew they were going to try this youth movement thing and it doesn't set the best example to kids if any team member is allowed special treatment (missing training for personal businesses). People have said on here how Oso must be mad MB makes more. Now imagine a young guy running tons of KMs on a Wednesday in training while Lawrence is off doing business trips and also getting paid way more then he is. Then he shows up Saturday and we still look a mess at the back. I've seen these types of situations in a few workplaces my bosses own and it usually has lead to clean outs of staff by choice or dismissal and restarting from scratch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I was never sold on him. He seems more an assistant to me. Has more of that educator, academy, collegiate thing going on. Not sure a player like Insigne would value his tactics lessons on the black board.

He would probably be a good MLS Next Pro manager though.
    The time spent at Real definitely would have Insigne impressed. And guys like Insigne don't need lessons about tactics anyways, he's seen and done it all, just give him the ball and get out of the way...)

Anyways, he'll surface somewhere. Observing clubs like Real day to day with the master Carlo Ancelotti is invaluable. And the one thing I do respect about Perez he tried to change things up and really, had the cojones to take off MB and give Priso a shot. Priso looked very good until unfortunately got hurt.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The time spent at Real definitely would have Insigne impressed. And guys like Insigne don't need lessons about tactics anyways, he's seen and done it all, just give him the ball and get out of the way...)
    Not sure about that. If that was the case people could say they hit the jackpot if they hired Armas as he was an assistant with Man United and worked directly under Ragnick and with Ronaldo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ema Boateng's option was not picked up in New England despite four goals, six assists in spot duty.

https://www.thebentmusket.com/2022/1...-number-higher

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    yes, stats show you how each player actually performed this year, as opposed to how you feel they did.

teams build entire title winning rosters based on stats.
    But to be fair, in quoting his passing numbers alone isn’t a complete picture. The things people are pointing out re: limitations in his game today, are also observed in the wider statistical set.

The interpretation of statistics by professionals to build rosters are different than the ones laymen like us use to discuss things and it’s changing all the time. Baseball went through this, basketball went through this, and soccer will go through iterations of it too. You can still point to a baseball that bats 400 or a striker who scores 30 a year. But who is great / effective at the margin? That’s always evolving.

So I don’t think we can look just at passing stats and say Bradley is one of the best midfielders in MLS today. Not saying he is terrible but if we were to ask “is Michael Bradley a leading midfielder in MLS today?” I think it’s fair to say answer in most quarters would be no.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you have stats that point out bradley's turn over rate, passes that were skyrocketed out the field or impact on a pass leading to a goal?

if so could you kindly share- Stats need to have some meaning other than - he made high % passes, you understand playing minutes like he was a goalie will also inflate the percentage of completed passes due to the fact he is always on the field.

I use SPSS on a daily- I work with stats- I understand what you are saying but there is more to it than just the raw numbers good sir
    His pass completion rate is one of the highest in the league.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    So I don’t think we can look just at passing stats and say Bradley is one of the best midfielders in MLS today. Not saying he is terrible but if we were to ask “is Michael Bradley a leading midfielder in MLS today?” I think it’s fair to say answer in most quarters would be no.
    I don't think he is one of the best mids in MLS today but I still think he is a guy that can do a job in a smaller role. He will get paid a lot for that role but that's how it goes sometimes. We've paid others more to barely play when we actually needed them to. Thems the breaks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's the scouting report on MB over the last year compared to the rest of MLS. https://fbref.com/en/players/fd5e3a7...couting-Report
    He has very strong passing numbers - and they arent just side to side passes, he's very good at progressive passes and passes into the final third.
    His defensive numbers leave a bit to be desired - although he is good at successful recoveries, his number of recovery attempts is quite low.

The players he's compared to are also quite good as well. Although, nearly all of them are paid less than Bradley. It's also not Bradley's fault that he's getting paid what he is.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Here's the scouting report on MB over the last year compared to the rest of MLS. https://fbref.com/en/players/fd5e3a7...couting-Report
    He has very strong passing numbers - and they arent just side to side passes, he's very good at progressive passes and passes into the final third.
    His defensive numbers leave a bit to be desired - although he is good at successful recoveries, his number of recovery attempts is quite low.

The players he's compared to are also quite good as well. Although, nearly all of them are paid less than Bradley. It's also not Bradley's fault that he's getting paid what he is.
    A midfield with Bradley, Kaye and oso is incredibly balanced and effective, has everything.

If oso leaves they need to add another attacking, creative CM this summer (and another cm regardless).

Nelson is a fairly able deputy for Kaye, but we have no one who can do anything close to what oso can in the squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyways, he'll surface somewhere. Observing clubs like Real day to day with the master Carlo Ancelotti is invaluable. And the one thing I do respect about Perez he tried to change things up and really, had the cojones to take off MB and give Priso a shot. Priso looked very good until unfortunately got hurt.
    My understanding is Frank Lampard did a lot of observing too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    My understanding is Frank Lampard did a lot of observing too.
    Zinedine Zidane did as well and then won 3 CLs in a row...)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A midfield with Bradley, Kaye and oso is incredibly balanced and effective, has everything.

If oso leaves they need to add another attacking, creative CM this summer (and another cm regardless).

Nelson is a fairly able deputy for Kaye, but we have no one who can do anything close to what oso can in the squad.
    It doesn't have a ball winning DM, ala my prototypcial one in Caseimiro.

Getting a keeper and defenders is crucial, but we need a DM that can shield the back as well and offer defensive solidity and anchor.

Kaye, for all we gave up for him, hope he picks it up.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It doesn't have a ball winning DM, ala my prototypcial one in Caseimiro.

Getting a keeper and defenders is crucial, but we need a DM that can shield the back as well and offer defensive solidity and anchor.

Kaye, for all we gave up for him, hope he picks it up.
    Priso hasn't even been starting for Colorado tbf.

Also for avoidance of doubt, the new Bob Bradley interview he specifically notes we need more midfielders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Priso hasn't even been starting for Colorado tbf.

Also for avoidance of doubt, the new Bob Bradley interview he specifically notes we need more midfielders.
    What type of midfielders did he mention? And for depth or starters?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What type of midfielders did he mention? And for depth or starters?
    depth but that only means so much. o'neill came in as a depth player and started 21 games this year.

presumably deoth player comes in and gets rotated in and out of the lineup with starters getting rested.

we need that badly.
    Last edited by leedsandTFC; 10-14-2022 at 12:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think he is one of the best mids in MLS today but I still think he is a guy that can do a job in a smaller role. He will get paid a lot for that role but that's how it goes sometimes. We've paid others more to barely play when we actually needed them to. Thems the breaks.
    Yes, I entirely agree. I’m not the first one to say it but MB is Cheyrou. Still a very important part of the team if he wants that role

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In his interview with Gareth Wheeler BB says we need to add depth in the midfield around the 18:10 mark https://www.torontofc.ca/video/lates...podcast-ep-244

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zinedine Zidane did as well and then won 3 CLs in a row...)
    Ha ha. Touche.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    In his interview with Gareth Wheeler BB says we need to add depth in the midfield around the 18:10 mark https://www.torontofc.ca/video/lates...podcast-ep-244
    it's a relief that he;s highlighted the same areas needed for improvement as we all thought (CB, GK, CM depth, ST).

would be worrying if not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Yes, I entirely agree. I’m not the first one to say it but MB is Cheyrou. Still a very important part of the team if he wants that role
    If he wants is key.

But everytime Bradley was in a position to put ball on target, make key pass, recover turnover off press or push up the field when down goal or two the backwards passing or lateral passing showed up

He is useful but also question the whole situation with father and son coach.. how can anyone be comfortable to speak their mind regarding tactics and lineup if it goes right to the coach when should be internal discussion with the team.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is useful but also question the whole situation with father and son coach.. how can anyone be comfortable to speak their mind regarding tactics and lineup if it goes right to the coach when should be internal discussion with the team.
    We also don't know their dynamic in person. For instance my Dad was my coach for a while back in the day and he treated me worse, harder, and way shittier than every other player and I hated him for it. Not saying this is their way but BB doesn't seem like the pinching his boys cheeks and telling him good job when he did something shit kind of guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We also don't know their dynamic in person. For instance my Dad was my coach for a while back in the day and he treated me worse, harder, and way shittier than every other player and I hated him for it. Not saying this is their way but BB doesn't seem like the pinching his boys cheeks and telling him good job when he did something shit kind of guy.
    I hate to keep this going, but publicly blaming Pozuelo for a goal that was 100% his sons fault speaks to the opposite of this. Now we can't know what goes on behind closed doors, but yeah, that was telling

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    I hate to keep this going, but publicly blaming Pozuelo for a goal that was 100% his sons fault speaks to the opposite of this. Now we can't know what goes on behind closed doors, but yeah, that was telling
    people keep talking about him "publicly blaming pozuelo", so i finally went back and watched it.

he doesn't, he said "ale gave him a tough ball", which was entirely true (a vertical backpass with a CB sprinting at him), bob was the one who actually brought up michael losing the ball and that he'd be kicking himself over it...

tough ball isn't even a bad ball. the expectation is to be able to take tough balls...
    Last edited by leedsandTFC; 10-14-2022 at 03:41 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Montreal's coach's son plays for the ClubFoot. The coach benched him for the entire season until the last 20 minutes of the last game when they were ahead by several goals.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

people keep talking about him "publicly blaming pozuelo", so i finally went back and watched it.

he doesn't, he said "ale gave him a tough ball", which was entirely true (a vertical backpass with a CB sprinting at him), bob was the one who actually brought up michael losing the ball and that he'd be kicking himself over it...
    When talking about the goal he twice calls Pozuelo out by name, once for giving him a pass in 'tight area', which it wasn't, and doesn't attribute any wrong doing to his son directly. He didn't call Pozuelo awful or anything like that, but he bent over backwards to infer the goal was on him (which is laughably wasn't anything close to even 1% on him) to deflect away from his sons mistake. I doubt anybody else would have been afforded this attempt to completely spin something we all just say but will hold my hands up if there's other examples. Why is he bringing up Pozuelo at all?

Nobody else on this team would cost us a goal from a fuck up that badly and have the manager try to shift the blame (By naming them) to someone who wasn't at fault at all, or have the manager try to tell us a pass was sent into a tight area which is just untrue. It's an *awful* look for a players dad to do this

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    When talking about the goal he twice calls Pozuelo out by name, once for giving him a pass in 'tight area', which it wasn't, and doesn't attribute any wrong doing to his son directly. He didn't call Pozuelo awful or anything like that, but he bent over backwards to infer the goal was on him (which is laughably wasn't anything close to even 1% on him) to deflect away from his sons mistake. I doubt anybody else would have been afforded this attempt to completely spin something we all just say but will hold my hands up if there's other examples

Nobody else on this team would cost us a goal from a fuck up that badly and have the manager try to shift the blame (By naming them) to someone who wasn't at fault at all, or have the manager try to tell us a pass was sent into a tight area which is just untrue. It's an *awful* look for a players dad to do this
    The manager hasn't named any other player for costing a goal.

This is the closest he's come to all season (other than admitting tfc hadn't been getting the goalkeeping they needed after about 8 Bono howlers).

He said MB would be kicking himself for "losing a ball" that led to a goal.

The way it's talked about on here you'd think he publicly crucified pozuelo when in reality he's literally said that mb lost the ball leading to a goal.

And he brought ut up himself...
    Last edited by leedsandTFC; 10-14-2022 at 03:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the closest he's come to all season (other than admitting tfc hadn't been getting the goalkeeping they needed after about 8 Bono howlers).

The way it's talked about on here you'd think he publicly crucified pozuelo when in reality he's literally said that mb lost the ball leading to a goal.

Spin it however you want. His son was respoinsible for an embarassing fuck up (which happens, even the best do this, it is what it is) and his dads post match comments on it spent more time talking about Pozuelo sending him a ball in tight space, an excuse comically detatched from reality which is evident to anybody who watched the goal, than on his sons part who he never directly says did anything wrong. That is not a good look for a father, not at all.

It's not just the public calling out of another player by name and spending more time directly talking about what he did vs his son, but how absurdly poor the excuse was, that are telling here.

Nobody else got excuses like that made for them in a post match presser to my knowledge.
    Last edited by JoesphNdo; 10-14-2022 at 03:57 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is true. I watched most of BB's pressers and I was waiting for him to throw somebody under the bus because frankly, some of them deserved it but he never did. That was the closest and by saying MB will be kicking himself for giving the ball up is assigning MB blame. Yes Pozuelo for giving MB a tough ball but he mentioned MB for the loss of possession. Not sure how this can be interpreted as blaming Poz 100% and waiving all blame for MB. That's just not what happened. It's like following a Twitter politics chat on here when dealing with the Bradley's.

But I am still a bit disappointed in BB not dumping on Bono after that Miami goal. I would have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you have the link? I never watched it myself.