Page 179 of 191 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,370 of 5705
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feedback from game:

Bono made a huge save similar to ranjit singhs.
    Ranjit Singh with 2 huge saves one on one.

JJ had a nice finess shot low left thought he could have put his boot thru it. After this his goal with great built up was nice .

As many have mentioned his Spin pass which opened up the boys for a nice shot .

Osorio looks in form , first goal started with him in our own half dribbling, running at defenders with some step overs before I believe passing it to poz.

Team looked organized, everyone knew their roles and the plan.

Kerr looks like to be a player to me.

Achara had a nice moves top of the box, some nice passes looks like he has more of a bounce in his step.

Shafflo looked good, Osorio was giving him ae pointers which is nice to see.

Salcedo looked good to me, the small subtle things he does is huge, the way he pulls the ball from the middle and to the side line, good dribbles where he did show he could handled pressure, although Maybe he did seem to try to much vs their forward? Maybe toying with em

Last thing Mavinga and Salcedo got pelted many times with hail did not look pleasant

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who is the TFC player that it seems throws his arms up in frustration when Pozo dives in to redirect the cutback ball that was coming to him, over to Jimenez?

Last edited by ensco; 02-13-2022 at 01:03 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thnik that's Deandre Kerr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe priso ?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He lifts his arms after the ball goes in. Probably a celebratory flex rather than frustration.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Who is the TFC player that it seems throws his arms up in frustration when Pozo dives in to redirect the cutback ball that was coming to him, over to Jimenez?

Here's the goal in full. He goes to hug Jimimez after the goal
    Last edited by rydermike; 02-13-2022 at 02:40 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Jiminez is in mid season form & should have a decent first few months. I fully expect him to be the most effective non-DP forward we have had ever (which given the bar is Robert Earnshaw, shouldn't be too difficult).
    Well, there was this DeRo guy
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post

LOL...yeh, that makes sense on a few levels.

I always discount DeRo in some ways because him playing here always just felt like him being his natural self. Its like "Of course DeRo was effective here - DeRo playing in Toronto is just Toronto pure self playing in Toronto."

Yeh, I know..philosophy..I'll shut up now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Ayo Akinola as well???

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our best non DP forward was Danny Dichio.

Just based on my criteria.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys are all going to make Mike Forbes mad. Clearly it's Mullinho at the top, then everyone else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    He lifts his arms after the ball goes in. Probably a celebratory flex rather than frustration.
    Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Here's the goal in full. He goes to hug Jimimez after the goal.
    Maybe, IMO not as obvious as Perruzza's? brain fart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    You guys are all going to make Mike Forbes mad. Clearly it's Mullinho at the top, then everyone else.
    The lack of respect towards Mullinho has led me to a post Super Bowl hangover like no other.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For some reason, I am still following Jozy on twitter.

His location tag is Boston.

Why the heck they are not all announcing this yet is beyond me - maybe NER can't do anything until the Super Bowl is over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He posted on Insta from their training ground yesterday.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    For some reason, I am still following Jozy on twitter.

His location tag is Boston.

Why the heck they are not all announcing this yet is beyond me - maybe NER can't do anything until the Super Bowl is over.
    I would rather get rumors from the journalist/tipsters and facts from the clubs. In fact i love the rumors, been one of the best off seasons in a long time. That way when the club says something it is real as opposed to the crap of "two weeks".

Take Jimminez, someone posted the rumor, but it didn't become real or discussed until announced, which i liked.

The Bradley's have a chance of being honorary Toronto citizens if they do this correctly, they have a ton of rope.... i think they are too smart to hang themselves, although I have to be honest, not sure i am not too crazy about too many 30+ Serie A players (Insigne excluded). It will depend on how long these other deals will be. I am more excited about seeing someone like Shaf and Priso being developed in parallel.
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 02-14-2022 at 10:32 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    I would rather get rumors from the journalist/tipsters and facts from the clubs. In fact i love the rumors, been one of the best off seasons in a long time. That way when the club says something it is real as opposed to the crap of "two weeks".

Take Jimminez, someone posted the rumor, but it didn't become real or discussed until announced, which i liked.

The Bradley's have a chance of being honorary Toronto citizens if they do this correctly, they have a ton of rope.... i think they are too smart to hang themselves, although I have to be honest, not sure i am too crazy about too many 30+ Serie A players (Insigne excluded). It will depend on how long these other deals will be. I am more excited about seeing someone like Shaf and Priso being developed in parallel.
    Agreed on all fronts.

I too wonder if going to scoop Destro now is the best move. We could get to summer and discover the team is more than set offensively but needs back line reinforcements. Why not wait and see what needs to be addressed the most?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The Bradley's have a chance of being honorary Toronto citizens if they do this correctly, they have a ton of rope.... i think they are too smart to hang themselves, although I have to be honest, not sure i am too crazy about too many 30+ Serie A players (Insigne excluded). It will depend on how long these other deals will be. I am more excited about seeing someone like Shaf and Priso being developed in parallel.
    This is my concern as well - My hope is they are getting in guys who they know will work for this year as starters. That gets Bob The Builder another window or two to either develop replacements or find them on the transfer market. Once they do, they transition those older guys to the "Cheyrou/Ciman" roles.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Bradley's have a chance of being honorary Toronto citizens if they do this correctly, they have a ton of rope.... i think they are too smart to hang themselves, although I have to be honest, not sure i am not too crazy about too many 30+ Serie A players (Insigne excluded). It will depend on how long these other deals will be. I am more excited about seeing someone like Shaf and Priso being developed in parallel.
    I actually feel 100% opposite of these thoughts. I don’t see how this current team is any better then what we had at the end of last year. We have lost Soltedo, Lawrence, Jozy, Auro, Richie, Delgado plus you the Bradley who is super slow and a year older, and Poz who if you look at his game to game stats over the last 16 months, you will have a reason for real concern. We have added Salcedo, O’Neill and JJ . No this team will be in the bottom half of the table and only look like a contending team when the Serie A players arrive(hopefully many). And before any writes about the massive influence that Bob Bradley will have, I call Bull Shit on that, Really hope I’m proven wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Confirmation that TFC used the buyout on Jozy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    I actually feel 100% opposite of these thoughts. I don’t see how this current team is any better then what we had at the end of last year. We have lost Soltedo, Lawrence, Jozy, Auro, Richie, Delgado plus you the Bradley who is super slow and a year older, and Poz who if you look at his game to game stats over the last 16 months, you will have a reason for real concern. We have added Salcedo, O’Neill and JJ . No this team will be in the bottom half of the table and only look like a contending team when the Serie A players arrive(hopefully many). And before any writes about the massive influence that Bob Bradley will have, I call Bull Shit on that, Really hope I’m proven wrong.
    Biggest difference will be that we've looked more drilled and organized after 3 weeks of preseason than we did during the last 16 months. That in itself will make a difference. You don't need a high priced roster to compete during the MLS season. You just need an organized and tough to break down one like the Rapids or Union for example. Also this is year one of the rebuild and that doesn't happen in one day. If anything this is actually better for the rebuild. Gives minutes to younger players and if they can compete decently while staying organized in the first half season we should see some positive impact down the stretch when we sprinkle in some better talent in July.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post

Confirmation that TFC used the buyout on Jozy
    So, Jozy has signed a 3 year contract with the Revs. How many games will he actually play over the next 3 years? I am guessing 35-40 games max.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is officially over. Thank you, Jozy.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Biggest difference will be that we've looked more drilled and organized after 3 weeks of preseason than we did during the last 16 months. That in itself will make a difference. You don't need a high priced roster to compete during the MLS season. You just need an organized and tough to break down one like the Rapids or Union for example. Also this is year one of the rebuild and that doesn't happen in one day. If anything this is actually better for the rebuild. Gives minutes to younger players and if they can compete decently while staying organized in the first half season we should see some positive impact down the stretch when we sprinkle in some better talent in July.
    I love getting some playing time for younger players , believe that was the plan last year , I just think that as fans of this club we are are massively exaggerating the quality of our youngsters. I am a fan of the sure thing guys that have proven track records, I am not opposed to several Serie A older players . At least I won’t be pulling out my hair cursing at all the bonehead decisions that these youngsters constantly make.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the NER release, it says we will remain responsible for a portion of his salary. Doesn’t impact the salary budget, but I imagine part of the delay in exercising the buyout was to have Jozy give back a bit of money given he was going to sign as max TAM elsewhere.
    https://www.revolutionsoccer.net/new...-jozy-altidore

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    I love getting some playing time for younger players , believe that was the plan last year , I just think that as fans of this club we are are massively exaggerating the quality of our youngsters. I am a fan of the sure thing guys that have proven track records, I am not opposed to several Serie A older players . At least I won’t be pulling out my hair cursing at all the bonehead decisions that these youngsters constantly make.
    Now we get to see what real coaching brings compared to what we had last year or how Vanney usually ignored youth players previously.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the NER release, it says we will remain responsible for a portion of his salary. Doesn’t impact the salary budget, but I imagine part of the delay in exercising the buyout was to have Jozy give back a bit of money given he was going to sign as max TAM elsewhere.
    https://www.revolutionsoccer.net/new...-jozy-altidore
    Reports say we paid him a $4.5M buyout which would be his salary plus a bit more. I assume that extra bit is what they mean.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We picked up Jozy’s 2023 option after the Armas fiasco… I don’t really understand why

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This must be a player option or there must be some misalignment of the quoted dates. If what is described is accurate, Manning should immediately be fired and the board should be having meetings about the club’s lack of internal controls. That would be a criminally stupid move.

I will not be shocked if this tweet disappears quickly. If it’s not true, it’s fairly libellous

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We picked up Jozy’s 2023 option after the Armas fiasco… I don’t really understand why
    This is mind boggling. How do you justify this. Is this Curtis's doing or Manning dropping the ball? Or was this a negotiating consequence to get Jozy to play again after they banished him?
    Either way this whole Jozy contract has been a massive disaster.