Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Beckham unfazed by booing...

Thought there was a key line in Beckham's response that was very interesting - I'm curious if others feel the same way about what he said.

"David Beckham tells BBC Sport he can handle any hostility from LA Galaxy fans when he eventually returns to the United States to continue his MLS career."

See Link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7937851.stm

It stems from this article: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7935045.stm (FYI Lalas is quite the tool)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

He's a professional. He has a job to do that doesn't include the fans response to him. If that were the case, He'd be crap everytime he stepped on an opposing teams field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's also very easy to ignore a crowd booing when you are only there for 6 home games....

I_AM_CANADIAN

Beckham's experienced far worse in his career than what he'll get from Galaxy fans. For example, the first few months after his red card at France '98...

This is a guy who's been playing for a very long time and has pretty much seen it all. I don't think booing is going to throw him off his game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm sure he's been through worse from better

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They shouldn't boo him...they should turn their backs on him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, I don't believe you'll hear much booing from 5 year olds and soccer mommies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They shouldn't boo him, they should stop buying his jerseys and attending games he plays in. Set record attendance during the Beckham-less home games, then either turn your back or stop going. Stop feeding this guys MLS revenue sharing bank account.

I_AM_CANADIAN

Quote Originally Posted by BFin View Post
    They shouldn't boo him, they should stop buying his jerseys and attending games he plays in. Set record attendance during the Beckham-less home games, then either turn your back or stop going. Stop feeding this guys MLS revenue sharing bank account.
    Dude, that is never, ever going to happen. And we all know it. Galaxy fans aren't anywhere close to being that committed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_b...interview.html

Its based on an ESPN Interview...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by I_AM_CANADIAN View Post
    Dude, that is never, ever going to happen. And we all know it. Galaxy fans aren't anywhere close to being that committed.
    That's what I keep saying. In Toronto, you may see the entire south stand empty. At LA, maybe 3 or 4 guys won't show up. The rest of the kids and soccer momies will take their last opportunity to watch Beckham play live.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by I_AM_CANADIAN View Post
    Believe me I had no delusions of grandeur with this plan. Well aware of the lack of soccer die hards that follow the Galaxy. My reccomendation remains the same regardless of the fan base. I wasn't posting for an outcry of support from Galaxy fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    He's a professional. He has a job to do that doesn't include the fans response to him. If that were the case, He'd be crap everytime he stepped on an opposing teams field.
    Not here. Almost every MLS field he's played at, he was probably met by the yell of hundreds of teenage girls and how much they love him.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    That's what I keep saying. In Toronto, you may see the entire south stand empty. At LA, maybe 3 or 4 guys won't show up. The rest of the kids and soccer momies will take their last opportunity to watch Beckham play live.
    unfortunately soccer die hards refusing to attend a spice boy match at any stadium won't help because 12year old girls and backstreet boys fans will replace them in their seats

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. That woman grilled him. She doesn't give a rats ass about soccer, and just asks the questions. Holy crap. She's asked him if you become an MLS owner, what will you do if your star player does this to your team. Wow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was a stretch i remember when he was playing in Spain and he said himself a few times he was finding it very hard to play in Spain with the constent harrasement from other Spanish clubs fans. Tho they did more then just boing, it was more like threatning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    i bet most TFC fans would show up, even in the South End, believe me most people still wanna see TFC play. Just like the All Star game everyone still went and watched the match. But im sure there would be banners made to show Beckham isnt wanted in Toronto and im sure there would be constent booing and harrassing Becham, probably get some stuff thrown at him to. He would not feel welcome in Toronto thats for sure.
    Last edited by james; 03-11-2009 at 11:55 PM.