Page 103 of 193 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,090 of 5785
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Yeh, going into the rest of the season with only Mavinga, McNaughton & O'Neil as CB's with Criscito as a possible just doesn't seem like a good idea.

Need a starting CB.

Mavinga's regression needs to be addressed somehow.
    Starting to think 'Part A' of the 2022 season was to bleed in youth in attacking positions to see what we have until this window opened and we could replace whatever was necessary going forward. Maybe 'Part B' is waiting until Mavinga's deal ends and maybe MB's as well along with the bleeding in of the young guys (defense takes longer to pick up) to see what we have until winter.

This might be a pragmatic rebuild for 2023 rather than a jump all in right away.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    This is what I think too. I think the Salcedo thing caught them off guard when the wheels were in motion for Poz but they had to help Carlos out with the family situation. It sounds like TFC are real good that way these days with their players.
    Which is why I think DP striker and moving JJ is a huge mistake

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Starting to think 'Part A' of the 2022 season was to bleed in youth in attacking positions to see what we have until this window opened and we could replace whatever was necessary going forward. Maybe 'Part B' is waiting until Mavinga's deal ends and maybe MB's as well along with the bleeding in of the young guys (defense takes longer to pick up) to see what we have until winter.

This might be a pragmatic rebuild for 2023 rather than a jump all in right away.
    Agreed. Between Bradley, Oso, Mavinga, and Westberg we have $3.8M coming off the books. We should likely remove any salary cap implications related to Auro and Kemar (I'm unsure if we're still paying them and if that means it hits our salary budget). I feel like we'll need to make Oso a max TAM player to keep him and hopefully Bradley is willing to come back on a non-TAM deal. We'll need to replace Mavinga/Westberg, but hopefully we can improve there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Agreed. Between Bradley, Oso, Mavinga, and Westberg we have $3.8M coming off the books. We should likely remove any salary cap implications related to Auro and Kemar (I'm unsure if we're still paying them and if that means it hits our salary budget). I feel like we'll need to make Oso a max TAM player to keep him and hopefully Bradley is willing to come back on a non-TAM deal. We'll need to replace Mavinga/Westberg, but hopefully we can improve there.
    If Westberg goes hope we get another keeper. Bono is the one we need moved out but he has quite a high salary so I doubt anyone would take him off our hands.

And I hope Bradley retires this year. If he is back next year, its not good on no matter what salary as he will demand to play game in/game out. We need fresh legs there in the middle of the park.

Definitely want Oso back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    If Westberg goes hope we get another keeper. Bono is the one we need moved out but he has quite a high salary so I doubt anyone would take him off our hands.

And I hope Bradley retires this year. If he is back next year, its not good on no matter what salary as he will demand to play game in/game out. We need fresh legs there in the middle of the park.

Definitely want Oso back.
    I THINK we have an option on Bono for next season, but I can't recall. Either way we will need 1-2 more keepers.

Also I know this take won't go over well with everyone here - but I think Bradley has looked good this season and a lot of his limitations (free kicks, slower foot speed) can be covered up with our strengthened midfield and new attackers. MB on a non-TAM deal for 1+1 is good value. Or just figure out a way to pay Bob a bit more and have Michael come back on a veterans minimum. Bob can pay for all the vacations and family dinners to make it equal.
    Last edited by noxx98; 07-13-2022 at 10:45 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I THINK we have an option on Bono for next season, but I can't recall. Either way we will need 1-2 more keepers.

Also I know this take won't go over well with everyone here - but I think Bradley has looked good this season and a lot of his limitations (free kicks, slower foot speed) can be covered up with our strengthened midfield and new attackers. MB on a non-TAM deal for 1+1 is good value. Or just figure out a way to pay Bob a bit more and have Michael come back on a veterans minimum. Bob can may for all the vacations and family dinners to make it equal.

Good points. And last line, lol.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    Just added this guy to my ignore list instead of engaging.
    I’m actually on the opposite end to you, this poster “Hala” has more sense with his comments than most on here. Last few weeks all we are getting on here is continuous guesses as to who TFC will be bringing in. Frankly these posts are worthless and quite uninteresting. If you want to speak about putting people on an Ignore list, how about the guy who straight up preferred Jr Hoilett over Berna or what about the guy who says because Berna’s numbers at Juventus are not very impressive he will not be a star player in MLS. I quite enjoy reading Hala’s accurate assessment of this team over constant predictions on who’s coming in and low footy knowledge comments like Jr Hoilett over Berna.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    I’m actually on the opposite end to you, this poster “Hala” has more sense with his comments than most on here. Last few weeks all we are getting on here is continuous guesses as to who TFC will be bringing in. Frankly these posts are worthless and quite uninteresting. If you want to speak about putting people on an Ignore list, how about the guy who straight up preferred Jr Hoilett over Berna or what about the guy who says because Berna’s numbers at Juventus are not very impressive he will not be a star player in MLS. I quite enjoy reading Hala’s accurate assessment of this team over constant predictions on who’s coming in and low footy knowledge comments like Jr Hoilett over Berna.
    "everyone who agrees with me is an intellectual and everyone who doesn't has no idea what they're talking about"

you may not even have bad points, but your rhetoric is why nobody wants to listen to you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post

Thanks Section 223. I always love your posts that are straight to the point and a dose of cold hard reality when commenting on the club. No sugarcoating. Like you, I call it like I see it. And what I am seeing ain't pretty....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    "everyone who agrees with me is an intellectual and everyone who doesn't has no idea what they're talking about"

you may not even have bad points, but your rhetoric is why nobody wants to listen to you.
    Actually, I look forward to his posts every.single.time. Section 223 is a legend here. Reminds me so much of another one, the great Jack Burns over at the other place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bernardeschi posted on IG that he has not signed anything. Seemingly in retaliation to Shira's tweet. Same thing happened with Criscito though.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Bernardeschi posted on IG that he has not signed anything. Seemingly in retaliation to Shira's tweet. Same thing happened with Criscito though.
    I have a feeling that Schira is just a hot take merchant and that he's pissing everyone off. Berna, please come.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    I have a feeling that Schira is just a hot take merchant and that he's pissing everyone off. Berna, please come.
    He is the same dude who confirmed like three times last fall/winter that Giovinco had signed a contract with TFC, isn't he?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is the same dude who confirmed like three times last fall/winter that Giovinco had signed a contract with TFC, isn't he?
    I think so, it's why he's so low rated lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also I know this take won't go over well with everyone here - but I think Bradley has looked good this season and a lot of his limitations (free kicks, slower foot speed) can be covered up with our strengthened midfield and new attackers. MB on a non-TAM deal for 1+1 is good value. Or just figure out a way to pay Bob a bit more and have Michael come back on a veterans minimum. Bob can pay for all the vacations and family dinners to make it equal.
    I’m up for MB on any deal that’s sub-450k and doesn’t involve him being a locked in starter. He’s not a TAM quality player anymore and his slowness (speed and ball movement) tactically limit us to a stupid degree. He’s not good enough anymore for us to have to shape the entire play around him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't put much into this at all but some random guy on football Twitter keeps insisting we're working on getting Rodrigo Nestor. I had to Google who that was and I doubt there's anything to it but what the hell? Why not throw it in here.
    Rodrigo Nestor was linked to us when we were shopping Soteldo as part of a swap deal. This could be legit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I’m up for MB on any deal that’s sub-450k and doesn’t involve him being a locked in starter. He’s not a TAM quality player anymore and his slowness (speed and ball movement) tactically limit us to a stupid degree. He’s not good enough anymore for us to have to shape the entire play around him.
    Agree but for me he can make $612K just as long as no allocation money needs to be used and he should transition to the Cheyrou role: late sub to settle things down and a few spot starts here and there.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup he's useless and has no sources.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree but for me he can make $612K just as long as no allocation money needs to be used and he should transition to the Cheyrou role: late sub to settle things down and a few spot starts here and there.
    Aye there is the rub. I don't see Mikey willing to do that...look at him now, literally starts every game and is not subbed. I think Coach Daddy needs to take him off but probably is scared of the repurcussions on the family side. His wife might kick him ot the dog house if he dares....)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aye there is the rub. I don't see Mikey willing to do that...look at him now, literally starts every game and is not subbed. I think Coach Daddy needs to take him off but probably is scared of the repurcussions on the family side. His wife might kick him ot the dog house if he dares....)
    There's legitimately nobody better to put on right now and before you say Priso, he was no better. Sure he can move a lot better but all that managed was to get him further away from where he was supposed to be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just added this guy to my ignore list instead of engaging.
    There seems to be two types of relentlessly over the top negative posters. The type who passionately believes a coaching or managerial change must happen and whose posts are a sort of lobby toward a change occurring. Eventually, because everyone moves on - no matter how competent, brilliant or successful or not - this type of poster’s fever dies down and their posts return to something easier to read.

The other type, you get the feeling, will be relentlessly negative always and to the maximum no matter what’s happening. It’s the ‘not really much to do with anything that’s actually happening’ outside of this type of poster’s head and basic impulses that troubles me. Rarely do I add anyone to the ignore list - the mods usually take care of that - but I have one or two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went back and looked through all of our league games to try and see if the use of Bradley has been reasonable... For sake of analysis, I've assumed Bradley, Oso, Pozuelo, Priso and Okello are our top 5 midfielders to play in a midfield 3.
    In our 21 games, there were 8 games where only 2 or 3 of those players were available. In those instances I can't imagine you would sub out Bradley. I don't really want Mehdi Essoussi playing.
    There were 7 games we had four of those players available. You could make the case to rotate him, but in a number of those games Oso, Poz, or Priso were coming back from injury (and sometimes multiple at once). Bradley was the only one who was healthy, so it makes sense to have him play an extended period.
    There were 4 games we had all five of those players available. In all of those games Okello receives substantially more minutes than Priso. These four games were early on in the season, Bradley was still fresh and we were 2-1-1 in these games. So playing Bradley wasn't really a negative.

Overall, I struggled to find games where you could reasonably rotate Bradley. Here's the spreadsheet with games and some notes I had for each game: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    There seems to be two types of relentlessly over the top negative posters. The type who passionately believes a coaching or managerial change must happen and whose posts are a sort of lobby toward a change occurring. Eventually, because everyone moves on - no matter how competent, brilliant or successful or not - this type of poster’s fever dies down and their posts return to something easier to read.

The other type, you get the feeling, will be relentlessly negative always and to the maximum no matter what’s happening. It’s the ‘not really much to do with anything that’s actually happening’ outside of this type of poster’s head and basic impulses that troubles me. Rarely do I add anyone to the ignore list - the mods usually take care of that - but I have one or two.
    I honestly don't get the passive aggressive posts like this and the fake anouncing to the board "I have you on ignore" posts. We get it, you already said you have me on "ignore" in one of your other posts but here you are again are refering to me and a few others. Lets focus on football "amigo". Not sure what I have done to you personally, but I don't even know who you are and have zero interaction with you. So "ignore" me all you want and we move on and talk about our beloved club.

Cheers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I honestly don't get the passive aggressive posts like this and the fake anouncing to the board "I have you on ignore" posts. We get it, you already said you have me on "ignore" in one of your other posts but here you are again are refering to me and a few others. Lets focus on football "amigo". Not sure what I have done to you personally, but I don't even know who you are and have zero interaction with you. So "ignore" me all you want and we move on and talk about our beloved club.

Cheers.
    If you don’t get what he’s saying, why are you assuming he’s talking about you? I don’t see your name mentioned anywhere in there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went back and looked through all of our league games to try and see if the use of Bradley has been reasonable... For sake of analysis, I've assumed Bradley, Oso, Pozuelo, Priso and Okello are our top 5 midfielders to play in a midfield 3.
    In our 21 games, there were 8 games where only 2 or 3 of those players were available. In those instances I can't imagine you would sub out Bradley. I don't really want Mehdi Essoussi playing.
    There were 7 games we had four of those players available. You could make the case to rotate him, but in a number of those games Oso, Poz, or Priso were coming back from injury (and sometimes multiple at once). Bradley was the only one who was healthy, so it makes sense to have him play an extended period.
    There were 4 games we had all five of those players available. In all of those games Okello receives substantially more minutes than Priso. These four games were early on in the season, Bradley was still fresh and we were 2-1-1 in these games. So playing Bradley wasn't really a negative.

Overall, I struggled to find games where you could reasonably rotate Bradley. Here's the spreadsheet with games and some notes I had for each game: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Nicely done brother.

A couple of points, Mikey has played the most minutes by far on the team so far (JJ next I think if I recall) so I don't know why he doesn't get rotated, even in games where we lost and were dead and buried he could have at least come off. We had a stretch recently with 4 games in 10 days...I don't think he came off even one second. Surely he isn't some iron man that doesn't get tired.

Am curious about if we track km run in games how much he does per minute vs others. I dont see him doing lung bursting runs box to box. I have watched very closely live many times too and I don't see it. Guys get gassed, even those in top shape that are younger, its only natural if you work hard.

And to me the issue is, yes we don't really have an option to take him off. We didn't develop anyone nor buy anyone. So we have no choice. And that is by design to me. I'll eat my words if he is rested ever before we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs though.

Cheers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nicely done brother.

A couple of points, Mikey has played the most minutes by far on the team so far (JJ next I think if I recall) so I don't know why he doesn't get rotated, even in games where we lost and were dead and buried he could have at least come off. We had a stretch recently with 4 games in 10 days...I don't think he came off even one second. Surely he isn't some iron man that doesn't get tired.

Am curious about if we track km run in games how much he does per minute vs others. I dont see him doing lung bursting runs box to box. I have watched very closely live many times too and I don't see it. Guys get gassed, even those in top shape that are younger, its only natural if you work hard.

And to me the issue is, yes we don't really have an option to take him off. We didn't develop anyone nor buy anyone. So we have no choice. And that is by design to me. I'll eat my words if he is rested ever before we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs though.

Cheers.
    For that streak of 4 games in 10 days, Oso was either injured or just recovering from his injury. Oso and Priso basically split time for those games. Maybe you could have played Priso more, but I think there's some value in having a veteran player out there. For the NYRB game for example, 5 of our starting 11 were "kids" and by the end of the game, 7 of 11 were "kids". If we took off Bradley, it would have been 8 kids, Poz, O'Neill and Westberg. I don't know if that's really the best environment to allow for our young players to get better.

In a perfect world, Oso, Priso and Okello all would have had better health and we could have had some more rotation. With MLS rosters rules, if three of your top 5 midfielders are out, it's going to be tough to be competitive.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley has been one of our best players this season, if he had a different name no one would be questioning him playing every minute.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley has been one of our best players this season, if he had a different name no one would be questioning him playing every minute.
    This is sarcasm right

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is sarcasm right
    given someone above actually did some of the math and you're just being smarmy, I'm inclined to believe them and not you

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is sarcasm right
    He has been though if you look objectively. It's not because he's been amazing. He's been average most of the time and that's better than everyone else who has been consistently starting for us because most of them have been terrible more often than average.