Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default CONCACAF Champions League 2019 - Everybody Else

TONIGHT

Tigres @ Saprissa 8pm

Dynamo @ Guatastoya (Guatemala) 10pm

Apparently Yahoo is streaming the CCL in the US. As for up here....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    TONIGHT

Tigres @ Saprissa 8pm

Dynamo @ Guatastoya (Guatemala) 10pm

Apparently Yahoo is streaming the CCL in the US. As for up here....
    TSN4, TSN GO

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    For our games, yes. But the other games?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For our games, yes. But the other games?
    If Yahoo is geoblocked I'm going to assume a VPN will do the trick.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching red bulls , and BWP scores , nice to see a well coached team play strong this early in the season . Where can we find a good coach , yes I said it . We so deserve a pro . Houston won as well last night . Another well coached team . Own goal from his kick actually .
    Last edited by jazzy; 02-20-2019 at 09:08 PM.
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SKC spanking Toluca 3-0 at home.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anybody have a stream for any of the CCL games tonight?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't know about you guys but I'm rooting hard for anyone not MLS. Especially Atlanta.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon View Post
    Don't know about you guys but I'm rooting hard for anyone not MLS. Especially Atlanta.
    ATL down 2-0 and I couldn’t be happier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jasper View Post
    ATL down 2-0 and I couldn’t be happier.
    Except they just got a huge away goal right before half. They need to lose 4-1 for Herediano to have a chance back in Atl.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JT Red127 View Post
    Except they just got a huge away goal right before half. They need to lose 4-1 for Herediano to have a chance back in Atl.
    Im not particularly concerned over whether they advance or not. would just like to see their fan base deal with a gut punch of disappointment for once.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jasper View Post
    Im not particularly concerned over whether they advance or not. would just like to see their fan base deal with a gut punch of disappointment for once.
    I was cheering for Atlanta (and all other MLS teams) I'm still in that phase where I want MLS teams to do well. MLS need respect and status and CCL championships are how we get it

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a reminder that the Atlanta return leg is not in their usual stadium. (not available due to a monster dirt bike thing or something)

All its going to take is 1 away goal & we all know Atlanta can ship goals.

Some of the most vocal ATL supporters already on the "well we didn't REALLY take this seriously" excuse.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meanwhile Houston New York and KC all , well coached btw are making MLS proud . And good on them I have nothing against Atlanta they have a top notch tactical coach and it will be interesting to see how well they perform this year . Since the only exciting soccer we will see this year is from the opposition , we should support the successful clubs .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    I was cheering for Atlanta (and all other MLS teams) I'm still in that phase where I want MLS teams to do well. MLS need respect and status and CCL championships are how we get it
    I'm curious who are you looking to get respect from? Mexico respects the league much more than they did just 5 years ago, TFC helped with that last year no doubt and some other runs MLS teams have made i'm sure have. Quality of players in the league have helped. I dont know, personally I don't want any MLS team to win except TFC, especially if they are going to be the first to win CCL.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    Since the only exciting soccer we will see this year is from the opposition , .

We both remember unexicting soccer - this team is better then those and will provide some exicting stuff. Will it win and get playoffs? I doubt it. But boring? Doubtful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JT Red127 View Post
    I dont know, personally I don't want any MLS team to win except TFC, especially if they are going to be the first to win CCL.
    Ditto. MLS isn't my league. My team just happens to play in it.

Would be hilarious if a CPL team won it before an MLS team did

And before you say that's impossible, look at Puerto Rico Islanders run a few years back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Atlanta after losing in Costa Rica against Herediano 3-1 comes back and easily disposes Heridiano 4-0 at home to advance to the quarterfinals.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    Atlanta after losing in Costa Rica against Herediano 3-1 comes back and easily disposes Heridiano 4-0 at home to advance to the quarterfinals.
    Atlanta is looking great, mid season form, and will probably go far in both concacaf and MLS this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Atlanta is looking great, mid season form, and will probably go far in both concacaf and MLS this season.
    I watched the first half of both Sporting KC and Atlanta. Both teams dominating possession. Maybe this is the year an MLS team goes all the way

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please correct me if im wrong however after the 1st round of Concacaf, all MLS teams advanced except TFC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    Please correct me if im wrong however after the 1st round of Concacaf, all MLS teams advanced except TFC
    Your right and TFC had one of the easier opponents, Preki and Winter era teams got past Panama no problem. So lets not question Vanney because Jozy was extended so everything is OK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So TFC wins MLS Cup 2017 and in 2018 doesn’t even make the playoffs almost has one of the worst regular season of all teams in the MLS in 2018, TFC makes it all the way to the CONCACAF Champions League Final and loses on PKS in the final and in 2019 crashes out and gets embarrassed to a team from the Panamanian league in the first round incredible but so TFC lol just embarrassing!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking about this and I think I found a little bit of a solution for MLS teams to be able to compete in the league as well as CONCACAF.

For teams in the CL, have them play each other in league play for the first month of the season as much as possible. That way they can virtually both play B teams against each other) and no one is giving up points for free. With 5 teams in CL, it leaves one team out per week, but at least you can say that 4 of your first 5 games will be against teams competing in Champions League (or at least were supposed to be in the CL). It isn't perfect, but it at least should help. The only thing now is it leaves a team like Toronto who didn't advance to have an advantage by playing teams that are still in CONCACAF, but that only affects a game or two

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red bulls got tfc’d tonight ....out run , and missed their best chances . Santos sharp and on the ball , Red Bulls tired and surprised by the mid season form of Santos . Was hoping for better ....2-0, tough hill to climb . Hopefully the same doesn’t hold true for other MLS hopefuls or the Concacaf push is simply too many obstacles for MLS teams ...at seasons start .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    Red bulls got tfc’d tonight ....out run , and missed their best chances . Santos sharp and on the ball , Red Bulls tired and surprised by the mid season form of Santos . Was hoping for better ....2-0, tough hill to climb . Hopefully the same doesn’t hold true for other MLS hopefuls or the Concacaf push is simply too many obstacles for MLS teams ...at seasons start .
    Their press rained so much shit on their teams for the NYRB & TFC runs last year that it looks like the Mexican teams, minus Toluca, are taking this more seriously. I expect Houston to get royally swatted by Tigres now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it looks like the next two MLS teams are gone without much of a fight....Santos and Tigres are likely home winners after both winning 2-0 on the road.....let's see if Atlanta can step up and beat Monterrey or at least stay competitive and get an away goal tomorrow night....KC beating Independiente (despite our horrific performance) will prove nothing to me until they beat a top Mexican team home and away ---- I am still not convinced anyone could have done what TFC did last year in terms of the gauntlet of teams they had to play for the last three rounds and perform as highly as we did.....obviously if Atlanta or KC make it to the Finals, it will clearly not be as difficult a road as we had to do....if NYRB could beat Santos then Tigres then Monterrey that's the kind of gauntlet we had to do and they won't likely make it past the first real "hurdle"......I think we will look back on that 2017 TFC run from March 2017 through April 2018 as one of the best of all time --- I still don't think Atlanta or NYRB of 2018-2019 are as good as that team and will accomplish as much.....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tigres want this one bad - their disappointment last year was palpable & they knew they blew it in the 1st away leg.

I think we might be the last MLS team to be not taken seriously in CCL for awhile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tigres want this one bad - their disappointment last year was palpable & they knew they blew it in the 1st away leg.

I think we might be the last MLS team to be not taken seriously in CCL for awhile.
    yeah, Tigers view them selves as the Boca Juniors, PSV or Beskitas of Concacaf. Losing to "MLS" was not good for their brand.