Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I may have misspoken there. That giant meme was not on my screen. I thought you were talking about the GATE 4 AFTER MATCH idea. I'll do that one. I don't have a projector to do the big meme. Sorry about that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yagbod View Post
    I may have misspoken there. That giant meme was not on my screen. I thought you were talking about the GATE 4 AFTER MATCH idea. I'll do that one. I don't have a projector to do the big meme. Sorry about that.
    come on Chris! you can free hand that!
    no worries, I thought you meant the Gate 4 banner. think we need that more.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Since it's the Impact, maybe a garbage bag TIFO with "MLSE and TFC FO: LOL" would be in order.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was a protest?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BFin View Post
    There was a protest?
    go back to page 5 of this thread. last week was the warm up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

morninng guys.

here's where we are today.

A couple of guys are sourcing bags. we'll try to get them in bulk so there's enough for everyone. but still bring your own! large LCBO bags work fine.

The protest at Gate 4 banner will be made.

The FB group is growing all the time. we're over 30 already.
    Last edited by Belfast_Boy; 10-11-2012 at 01:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If there was ever a better time/place for us to send a message...

Enjoy the final home match of the 2012 MLS Season on October 20th at 1:30 p.m. as Toronto FC takes on their Highway 401 rivals, the Montreal Impact. Tensions are sure to be high as the Impact visit BMO Field with strong travelling support, looking to win the rubber match of their regular season derby. Let's show them they can't come into OUR HOUSE and do what they wish.
    This match is presented by Kia and the first 8,500 fans through the gates will receive a free Toronto FC toque courtesy of Kia and one lucky TFC fan will walk away with the customized TFC Kia Optima at halftime.

After the October 20th 'Home Finale' from 4:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. the 90th Minute Party returns at Gossip Restaurant just steps from BMO Field. Join Toronto FC players and coaching staff for light appetizers and team presentation. We will also have a MLSE Team Up Foundation Silent Auction full of authentic items like a team signed jersey, Stefan Frei designed guitar, and the Ball Kid experience package for the 2013 Home Opener.
    Only 500 fans will have the opportunity to join the team at this event and we want you, our Season Seat Holders, to have the chance to sign up before we officially announce the event next week.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally Mack View Post
    After the October 20th 'Home Finale' from 4:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. the 90th Minute Party returns at Gossip Restaurant just steps from BMO Field. Join Toronto FC players and coaching staff for light appetizers and team presentation. We will also have a MLSE Team Up Foundation Silent Auction full of authentic items like a team signed jersey, Stefan Frei designed guitar, and the Ball Kid experience package for the 2013 Home Opener.
    Only 500 fans will have the opportunity to join the team at this event and we want you, our Season Seat Holders, to have the chance to sign up before we officially announce the event next week.
    Is there a dress code for this? Will they let me in if I'm wearing shorts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone extended the invite or made U-SECTOR aware?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure... I imagine it's not cheap to sign up for this event... But who the hell was planning on going anyways? I say we park out front and make sure they hear us.
    I think the event is free. You use to have to pay for it.

But I wonder if they can even get 500 fans to attend this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by toronto toronto View Post
    Has anyone extended the invite or made U-SECTOR aware?
    aware of the protest?

Not sure... I imagine it's not cheap to sign up for this event... But who the hell was planning on going anyways? I say we park out front and make sure they hear us.
    free to sign up. it's a short walk away. maybe we'll stroll over....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Belfast_Boy View Post
    aware of the protest?

free to sign up. it's a short walk away. maybe we'll stroll over....

I was hoping to see more then 35 people by this point, however still over a week to go....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by toronto toronto View Post
    I was hoping to see more then 35 people by this point, however still over a week to go....

we're all that's left. either they don't care or don't agree.

I haven't approached U-Sector. but will.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we're all that's left. either they don't care or don't agree.

I haven't approached U-Sector. but will.
    wear a flame suit
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    wear a flame suit
    funny you should say that. I'm wearing one now!

posted in U sector. the invitation is there if they want it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Based on what I've read on their site, I don't think many U-Sector members will be all that interested. But no harm in trying, I guess.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

while I was on U's page I found this beauty!

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/20...ts-paper-bags/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enjoy the final home match of the 2012 MLS Season on October 20th at 1:30 p.m. as Toronto FC takes on their Highway 401 rivals, the Montreal Impact. Tensions are sure to be high as the Impact visit BMO Field with strong travelling support, looking to win the rubber match of their regular season derby. Let's show them they can't come into OUR HOUSE and do what they wish.
    This match is presented by Kia and the first 8,500 fans through the gates will receive a free Toronto FC toque courtesy of Kia and one lucky TFC fan will walk away with the customized TFC Kia Optima at halftime.

Point 1: As of 90 mins + stoppage for a great many people, it will in fact become YOUR house, not OUR house.
    Point 2: Hmmmm what about hundreds of fans outside refusing to come in unless that team presentation includes a pink slip to the three stooges?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Send a message you say.... so i did. found a Tom Anselmi in Toronto on FB. hope it was the right guy....

Hi Tom

My name is Mark. I'm one of the guys in the southend making noise about TFC.
    there's a very easy solution to this. It'll make all your headaches go away.
    Please hire a competent director of football. someone familiar with this league and the game.
    You'll bring the fans back. we will stop protesting and best of all for you, MLSE will make more money.
    You will be a hero all around.
    it's not rocket surgery.

Yours sincerly
    Mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I signed up, including a +1 just to eat up 2 of the spots though I have no intention of going to this pathetic party.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I doubt it's the right guy. I don't think someone like him would be on facebook

Send a message you say.... so i did. found a Tom Anselmi in Toronto on FB. hope it was the right guy....

Hi Tom

Please hire a competent director of football. someone familiar with this league and the game.
    You'll bring the fans back. we will stop protesting and best of all for you, MLSE will make more money.
    it's not rocket surgery.

Yours sincerly
    Mark

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    I doubt it's the right guy. I don't think someone like him would be on facebook
    come on Ravi! let me have my fun for a bit.

but you never know... I know a lot of heavy hitting lawyers that are on it for business. the account had no info and no pic. I'll let you know if he replies.

speaking of replies..... just went to check on the U's........ I don't think they are interested. I'm afraid they might come and hit me with their pompoms next game.

i take back my pompoms comment they just support differently. each to their own.
    Last edited by Belfast_Boy; 10-11-2012 at 06:01 PM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I wonder what they'll do with all the extra toques.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they will hit you with perogies it seems??

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Tom

it's not rocket surgery.

Yours sincerly
    Mark
    Classic, LOL
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    they will hit you with perogies it seems??

yeah...

thought that was funny considering the picture in the paper was taken at the bottom of 113 with the bag on. nobody offfered us a perogies or threw them.
    Last edited by Belfast_Boy; 10-11-2012 at 07:13 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

come on Ravi! let me have my fun for a bit.

but you never know... I know a lot of heavy hitting lawyers that are on it for business. the account had no info and no pic. I'll let you know if he replies.

speaking of replies..... just went to check on the U's........ I don't think they are interested. I'm afraid they might come and hit me with their pompoms next game.

i take back my pompoms comment they just support differently. each to their own.
    Seems a lot of them are content with the status quo, or just being cheerleaders. But to each, their own.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys,

I've been taking a hiatus from the boards, more for personal reasons than the state of the club, and decided to chime in on this ongoing protest. My personal opinion... it's about time, we, the supporters, made our voice heard. While the process of conducting a protest is a sensitive topic to some, I think there is enough support from individuals who have seen enough over the past six years to send a clear statement. At no point will every supporter jump onboard a protest, but those that do are not doing so out of hatred for the club/players but for their desire to see their club/players succeed in the league.

Having said that, I was part of the protest last weekend and will definitely be taking part in the upcoming one as well. This time, I plan to make and bring a two-stick along to the game with the message being in the works.

Mark, I want to personally thank you for taking the lead on this initiative. It's far too easy to sit back and do nothing, pass this season on as just another horrible year for our beloved club, but that would accomplish nothing. It is with banners, paper bags, words and our wallets (boycotting concessions) that we end up making the boldest statement with.

Finally, I just want to add that having the march take place from Shoeless Joe's to BMO Field will get this protest noticed in a BIG WAY. Banners and two-sticks tend to stand out most when part of a large group therefore we should strive to have as many supporters marching as possible along with as many banners/two-sticks that we can possibly carry.

Also, can we arrange to carry the "MAKE US PROUD AGAIN!" banner at the FRONT of the group while marching? It's a great message and will blend in perfectly with the rest of the banners/two-sticks.

See you all on the 20th!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    Seems a lot of them are content with the status quo, or just being cheerleaders. But to each, their own.
    It seems that we are taking the same road too,unfortunately.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    It seems that we are taking the same road too,unfortunately.
    Well, I'd like to think the contributors in this thread aren't who you're referring to. Some fans maybe, certainly. But not all. I'm tired of having our club being the whipping boys of MLS because of an incompetent management. Certainly that's what this protest is all about. And not to crap all over fellow TFC supporters, but there seem to be some in other supporters groups who think it's moronic to express our discontent after 6 seasons of failure. Well, I think it's moronic to spend another dime to fill the coffers of an organization who just don't seem to give a shit whether this club is successful on the pitch or not.