Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Relive it here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cant get over the second goal celebration i think those flares were awesome guys! Cant stop watching videos of the stadium erupting

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfan2011 View Post

The Canadian Championship winner. Starts with a Bradley steal, Vazquez through ball, Edwards to Giovinco for some last second heroics. Magic.

Shit the roar in the crowd after that goal, unreal!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great video from MLS on the cup final....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Great video from MLS on the cup final....

WOW, this is great!

Plus at the celebration melee what's forming over Victor, is amazing how higher Hagglund is jumping than everyone else!
    Just watch it, lol...

Edit after rewatched twice:
    THIS VIDEO IS EPIC!

By far the best I saw about TFC's Cup winning!
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 12-16-2017 at 06:45 AM.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    TSN actually did a decent job of pointing a mic at the crowd that day.
    Unlike the poor job they did at this year's final.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The American Spanish network Univision’s call Of this years final , the crowd comes up sounding louder and the excitement in the play by play guy’s voice is so much more exciting to hear , I don’t mind Luke Wildman but unfortunately there is no comparison to the Spanish language guy’s call.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    The American Spanish network Univision’s call Of this years final , the crowd comes up sounding louder and the excitement in the play by play guy’s voice is so much more exciting to hear , I don’t mind Luke Wildman but unfortunately there is no comparison to the Spanish language guy’s call.
    I could easily watch Univision's call of this year's cup final, over and over and over again.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Athough the in stadium attmosphere was amazing and it will equal any of the big 3 sports teams in in stadium atmosphere if any of those big 3 teams won a championship in their arenas and stadium, I found the outside stadium celebration to be a bit underwhelming. I left BMO about 45 minutes after the final whistle and it wasn’t as crazy as I would have imagined it if TFC would have ever won the MLS Cup at home. Even walking through Liberty Village was not as celebratory as I thought, walking a long King Street it was pretty quite , I thought I would hear and see some honking and flags but I saw nothing. Moreover , on my way home up Bathurst Street all the way north to Steeles, nothing not one car flag or any evidence of a TFC MLS Cup win,not even the odd car flag or anything. Moreover, you walk into any sports clothing store and finding any TFC championship merchandise is like trying to find gold in my garden . It just shows that TFC is still a very niche team that has its followers but hardly anything outside of the niche following.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Athough the in stadium attmosphere was amazing and it will equal any of the big 3 sports teams in in stadium atmosphere if any of those big 3 teams won a championship in their arenas and stadium, I found the outside stadium celebration to be a bit underwhelming. I left BMO about 45 minutes after the final whistle and it wasn’t as crazy as I would have imagined it if TFC would have ever won the MLS Cup at home. Even walking through Liberty Village was not as celebratory as I thought, walking a long King Street it was pretty quite , I thought I would hear and see some honking and flags but I saw nothing. Moreover , on my way home up Bathurst Street all the way north to Steeles, nothing not one car flag or any evidence of a TFC MLS Cup win,not even the odd car flag or anything. Moreover, you walk into any sports clothing store and finding any TFC championship merchandise is like trying to find gold in my garden . It just shows that TFC is still a very niche team that has its followers but hardly anything outside of the niche following.
    Apples to oranges, really.

Those sports have had far more traction in the region than the likes of football, which is reflected in the ways you described.

The game's growing, and winning will help inspire a cultural shift.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I freely admit that I was wiped after the game. I'm not sure if it was all the emotional energy that went into these playoffs combined with the sheer joy (and relief) of finally, finally getting to the top, but I was drained. I went to Shoeless Joe's for a while, ate something and had a couple of beers and sort of just basked in the glow. It almost felt surreal.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We left probably 10 minutes after the final Viking clap near the supporters and got caught up in the toothpaste going through the Go tunnel. Lots of singing and chanting and impromptu TFC claps going on. I thought it was pretty good atmosphere.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think I am going to curl up in front of the fire and binge out on this thread

“What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Think I am going to curl up in front of the fire and binge out on this thread

Well then here's another angle for your viewing pleasure. Great look from the opposite end, but unfortunately missing the first three one-touch passes in this amazing sequence:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still looking to re-watch the whole match. Any tips?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    If you have MLS Live, you can watch ever single game since the 2015 seasaon.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/footballdow...92017/dr0nfzf/
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you very much!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just when I thought the feelings were levelled out I get sucked back in again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Liberty Village and to a lesser extent King St, East of there is our area, in many ways Toronto FC and the neighbourhood grew up together. It would've been nice to have seen crowds dancing in Dundas Square but many of us went to our traditional pre/post game haunts or local bars to celebrate I feel that felt right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    i want edwards back

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rene Kingsriver View Post
    Liberty Village and to a lesser extent King St, East of there is our area, in many ways Toronto FC and the neighbourhood grew up together. It would've been nice to have seen crowds dancing in Dundas Square but many of us went to our traditional pre/post game haunts or local bars to celebrate I feel that felt right.
    Joe's was rammed and loud. I think if it was warmer people may have been out and about in the area - I just wanted to get somewhere warm.
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Five years ago today. Feels like yesterday.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”