Page 36 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 2348
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like Benezet may be signing somewhere soon. If to an MLS team we will likely get some TAM/GAM/draft picks in return for his rights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Upon reflection, Rollins is being played by someone. Bono is worth a tiny fraction of Gressel, and he may have negative value given his contract. Bono isn’t even a component of a deal for Gressel, he would be a throw in. Gressel is moving for million or more in TAM.

Also Gressel has been quoted multiple times about his desire to become USMNT eligible for 2022, so he isn’t likely to want to leave the US.

That is a nuts rumour, whose purpose is most likely to pump up Bono's perceived value in other discussions.
    I read the Rollins tweet more as some fans had hoped that's why we were moving Bono, not that he had inside info or anything. Was surprised when it picked up steam as a real rumour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    I think the Bono element was that they were trying to move him anywhere to open cap space not that it was a Bono for Gressel deal.
    Exactly. Has nothing to do with Bono vs Gressel. It only has to do with moving money for a spot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NB7 @NicolasBenezet
    📝coming soon ...

Benezet has signed with Colorado
    Last edited by kuku; 01-12-2020 at 11:06 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This may not be relevant to anything, but Alex Bono is hanging out & jogging with Nico Hasler in Liechtenstein.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post
    NB7 @NicolasBenezet
    📝coming soon ...

Benezet has signed with Colorado
    So what did TFC get for him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

probs a draft pick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

50k GAM plus another 50 if incentives are met

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/...icolas-benezet

Additionally, the Rapids will send $50,000 General Allocation Money to Toronto FC for his rights, as well as a further $50,000 GAM pending performance-based incentives, per source.

Hopefully, Benezet does well then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post

Additionally, the Rapids will send $50,000 General Allocation Money to Toronto FC for his rights, as well as a further $50,000 GAM pending performance-based incentives, per source.

100 k in gam is 150 in tam? Something like that. Hopefully they use the money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So is benezet technically a DP for Colorado this year then with the 500k fee (unless they Tan him down) ?I don't think they have any DPs, so they could just let him be one.

His deal with guingamp ends at the end of June, I wonder if TFC tried to pitch him on signing here on a bosman deal, to avoid gam/tam
    Last edited by rydermike; 01-12-2020 at 03:26 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I concur with what Oliver Platt said about Benezet.

I liked him. He wasn't really the type of player TFC needed but did a good job impersonating him and generally added a bit of quality to the attack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post

I like Nico. Played well for the most part. A character, which is always nice to see as a fan. And to be so eager to come back to MLS that he signed for Colorado shows that he clearly buys into the league. I hope he succeeds and I'll be following how he does.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I like Nico. Played well for the most part. A character, which is always nice to see as a fan. And to be so eager to come back to MLS that he signed for Colorado shows that he clearly buys into the league. I hope he succeeds and I'll be following how he does.
    Well we nearly tripled his salary so that plays a part.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t think loans work, and I don’t think they are a good way of evaluating a player.

The terms of that loan had a huge impact on how he was used, and messed with Benezet’s head.

We will see how he does in Colorado.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t think loans work, and I don’t think they are a good way of evaluating a player.

The terms of that loan had a huge impact on how he was used, and messed with Benezet’s head.

I genuinely liked him and I think he was good, but he more in the mold of Osorio and Poz. and less as a winger. There were times he was highly effective cutting into the middle into tighter spaces. If we are looking for speed on the wings or potential striker in the middle, he wasn't ideal considering what we already have. Although he could play left mid, I think there will be better options to grow or spend for sure at that price... and more useful saving those $$ on the new role. I couldn't see him, Osorio, Deleon and Poz together with the MLS DP,TAM salary cap rules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liked Nico and wish him luck in Colorado.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was the terms (that limited him to five games) that was the problem, not the loan itself. A regular loan (without those terms) wouldn't have caused any issue.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like every team is improving quite a bit out there. Columbus will surprise a lot this year...they have had a good set of additions. If these continue, TFC will basically have the exact same team minus all the players they let go. I am hoping a few reinforcements are on the way...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckistan View Post
    Seems like every team is improving quite a bit out there. Columbus will surprise a lot this year...they have had a good set of additions. If these continue, TFC will basically have the exact same team minus all the players they let go. I am hoping a few reinforcements are on the way...
    I'm sure they will add some players and maybe a dp before the season starts. Remember tfc's record after adding Omar last year? Still an elite team.

Auro-omar-mavinga-morrow
    --------------bradley-----------
    ------pozuelo----osorio
    Gallardo---jozy----endoh

Gallardo should be well adjusted, a rested pozuelo and good depth with DeLeon, laryea, Ciman, Bono, shaffleburg, Mullens, Fraser on the bench. They need to add a backup left back, third GK and another forward before camp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    I'm sure they will add some players and maybe a dp before the season starts. Remember tfc's record after adding Omar last year? Still an elite team.

Auro-omar-mavinga-morrow
    --------------bradley-----------
    ------pozuelo----osorio
    Gallardo---jozy----endoh

Gallardo should be well adjusted, a rested pozuelo and good depth with DeLeon, laryea, Ciman, Bono, shaffleburg, Mullens, Fraser on the bench. They need to add a backup left back, third GK and another forward before camp.
    Forgot Delgado.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It has quietly been one of, if not the most significant off seasons in MLS history if you take a look around at the incoming bodies and some of the strong rumors out there (Chicharito). It has become a bit of an arms race hasn't it. Hoping TFC makes a splash with this DP slot, I am not expecting to see much other than that based on what I've read.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Forgot Delgado.

It's mindboggling how much y'all put so much stock in Endoh...

For what we pay Jozy and that coveted DP spot, is it worth it to only have him for half the season...(I'm a Jozy fan, but is that good business?)

We have that DP spot...just getting sick of the FO side show...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckistan View Post
    It's mindboggling how much y'all put so much stock in Endoh...

For what we pay Jozy and that coveted DP spot, is it worth it to only have him for half the season...(I'm a Jozy fan, but is that good business?)

We have that DP spot...just getting sick of the FO side show...
    Endoh had 5 goals in about 20 games last year. He's not a bad player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We still haven’t used our buyout yet. I’m shocked people haven’t spoken up about getting a 4th CB. Cutting Zavaleta, signing someone better for less money, and being able to fill our backup LB/hopefully LB of the future with the left over money.

The more and more time passes by, the more I think they let Mullins have the reigns as backup ST till at least the summer. The DP winger we’re trying to get is suppose to be able to play multiple positions too, so if need be if Jozy is hurt (sigh), he can play up top.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    We still haven’t used our buyout yet. I’m shocked people haven’t spoken up about getting a 4th CB. Cutting Zavaleta, signing someone better for less money, and being able to fill our backup LB/hopefully LB of the future with the left over money.

The more and more time passes by, the more I think they let Mullins have the reigns as backup ST till at least the summer. The DP winger we’re trying to get is suppose to be able to play multiple positions too, so if need be if Jozy is hurt (sigh), he can play up top.
    Zavs is ok as a 4th CB. Overpaid sure.

Mullens is solid as a backup off the bench but I don't want to see him start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto FC passed on 3rd and 4th Rd of draft; must of been a weak class; I wouldn't mind trialing some players for TFCII

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    It was the terms (that limited him to five games) that was the problem, not the loan itself. A regular loan (without those terms) wouldn't have caused any issue.
    I could write an essay in rebuttal to this but, with the exception of a young player who cannot get minutes, loans never work. Bostock, Stefanovic, Brockie, were all busts.

We did incredibly well with Benezet given how badly these things generally go.

But could it have gone better? Would he have tried to be the hero and lunged at Leerdam if he'd been a signed player? (Obviously this last question is a bit ridiculous. But I wonder about that.)
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bostock, Stefanovic, Brockie, were all busts.
    But to be fair it's not like any of them managed any better after leaving here. I think in the case of these players it's that we chose to take terrible players on loan to fit into our terrible team. Remember who was calling the shots then. Almost everyone we chose was trash. Those were the Andy Iro days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's been plenty of great loan moves in football though TFC certainly has had some stinkers. Saying that Benezet was a win, we wouldn't have signed him otherwise and he ended up contributing to a cup final run season. Happy to see he's found a spot, liked his contribution but don't think he was worth the wage and transfer fee