Page 24 of 79 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Unless we go in for $10 million +, I can't see this happening - PSV taking a loss on a player would be shocking.
    Unless maybe a loan?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Unless maybe a loan?
    They spent 10 on pozuelo, why not spend another 10 on bruma?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    He's young enough to maybe even break-even or profit from a transfer later on.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    No please no this guy does not warrant 10 mil transfer, WHERE HAS HE SCORED CONSISTENTLY???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NOMOTFCBSFROMFO View Post
    No please no this guy does not warrant 10 mil transfer, WHERE HAS HE SCORED CONSISTENTLY???
    He has a better resume than pozuelo. Def worth 10 mill.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is your name Duncan? Are you the same guy that makes a hundred Twitter accounts and trolls all over it and in Facebook groups, and repeatedly gets blocked or banned ? You sound awfully a lot like that person in the manner you type and the content you write.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not Giacomo Bonaventura? a solid MF from Milan
    or dare we dream Willian as a winger

Both would be DP's and both have contracts that are ending

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He has a better resume than pozuelo. Def worth 10 mill.
    Poz is not worth the money TFC has spent! Neither is Bruma, Manning and co dont have a clue!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedsYNWA View Post
    Why not Giacomo Bonaventura? a solid MF from Milan
    or dare we dream Willian as a winger

Both would be DP's and both have contracts that are ending
    Like the way you think Reds!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Is your name Duncan? Are you the same guy that makes a hundred Twitter accounts and trolls all over it and in Facebook groups, and repeatedly gets blocked or banned ? You sound awfully a lot like that person in the manner you type and the content you write.
    Not Duncan but if he is someone that does not kiss this organizations butt and and think everything is "wine and roses" with this team, I would probably like him or her.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poz is not worth the money TFC has spent! Neither is Bruma, Manning and co dont have a clue!
    Lol troll

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol troll
    Definitely not trolling! Look up pozs stats from May to September he did nothing! Vanney even benched him for a half in an August game, that says alot!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Chinese super League has imposed a cap so these players will leave after their deals are done:

Mbia
    Bakambu
    Ighalo
    Arnautović
    Carrasco
    Dembélé
    Fellaini
    Wagner
    El Shaarawy
    Eder
    Pellè
    Mierzejewski
    Tosic
    Hamsik
    Jonathan Viera
    Hulk
    Kardec
    Oscar
    Paulinho
    Augusto
    Teixeira
    Miranda
    Rondon

Who would you take?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post
    The Chinese super League has imposed a cap so these players will leave after their deals are done:

Mbia
    Bakambu
    Ighalo
    Arnautović
    Carrasco
    Dembélé
    Fellaini
    Wagner
    El Shaarawy
    Eder
    Pellè
    Mierzejewski
    Tosic
    Hamsik
    Jonathan Viera
    Hulk
    Kardec
    Oscar
    Paulinho
    Augusto
    Teixeira
    Miranda
    Rondon

Who would you take?
    Not even close El Shaarawy

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    Which I'm sure is what PSV are thinking - which is why I just don't see how PSV makes this sale for anything less then $15 million.

If MLSE are ready to break that level, go for it. But that instantly puts us at a VERY different level then the rest of MLS. Teams here just don't do that buying of non-North American players in their prime for decent coin. TFC seem to be the only team trying to do that right now and its just staggers me how different the conversations are for our potential DP's compared to other teams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely not trolling! Look up pozs stats from May to September he did nothing! Vanney even benched him for a half in an August game, that says alot!
    Let's not mention how he played 1.5 seasons consecutively without a break. You've been a constant troll since Seba left. Speaking of getting benched, Giovinco is benched A LOT in Saudi Arabia. Often doesn't start or even sub on. If he does start, he gets subbed off quite often. Not trying to bash Giovinco, but he's a shadow of his former self. Pozuelo is quality. "Look at his stats, he did nothing". 12 goals and 12 assists in the regular season, without a training camp and without a break. Leading scorer and leading assist getter, for our PLAYMAKER. How many goals did Vazquez score? Take into account his role, before bashing his goal scoring stats. Poz is well worth the $10 million he cost.

Plus, he can do stuff like this

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

El Sharaway would be cool but Bruma on the left and if Gallardo can cut it on the right, Jozy as the striker and Poz in the middle. MLS defences will have a fit and Vanney gets his 4-3-3.

MLSE has the money. Only problem is that we would lose him next summer to the Euros.
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 12-26-2019 at 10:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could see a loan to buy at near break even price maybe? I think they would jump at the opportunity to snag Bruma for only 10m

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No thank you to Bruma. He has a ton of talent, but has never put it together. If you like a guy who played like prime Giovinco once every 4 games, then this is your guy.

I would love Giroud, but I think he really want to start in the euro with France. This is his last crack at starting a major tourny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now you are just talking shite. He started out at a pace that would have eclipsed any MLS DP. Then between the internationals going away, throwing tiring away games and the fact he played 2 years nonstop... he slowed down a bit. But clueless Vanney/Pozuelo/Bradley got us to another MLS Cup final that we would have won with a fully fit striker. Pozuelo is a great player that will really shine when we have 1-2 top level strikers in front of him. This is going to be a better season than last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poz is worth every f...ing cent TFC spent on him!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post

Mbia
    Bakambu
    Ighalo
    Arnautović
    Carrasco
    Dembélé
    Fellaini
    Wagner
    El Shaarawy
    Eder
    Pellè
    Mierzejewski
    Tosic
    Hamsik
    Jonathan Viera
    Hulk
    Kardec
    Oscar
    Paulinho
    Augusto
    Teixeira
    Miranda
    Rondon

Who would you take?
    I'll beat that El Shaarawy drum again, but Arnautovic is a guy who could play out wide or as a No. 9. Hulk, despite his age, is a very marketable (and still productive) player. Carrasco is a left winger entering his prime years and seems to be getting some time at striker in China.
    Last edited by Bobo; 12-27-2019 at 09:51 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Which I'm sure is what PSV are thinking - which is why I just don't see how PSV makes this sale for anything less then $15 million.

If MLSE are ready to break that level, go for it. But that instantly puts us at a VERY different level then the rest of MLS. Teams here just don't do that buying of non-North American players in their prime for decent coin. TFC seem to be the only team trying to do that right now and its just staggers me how different the conversations are for our potential DP's compared to other teams.
    Agreed. It makes no sense from a business standpoint of making money to have a $10m dp
    It’s ridiculous.
    At the end of the day TFC are in this to maximize profits.
    I believe they have done a masterful job at this
    As it stands this team is projected to have two playoff home games in my opinion.
    And to put 27000 people in the stands consistently
    2M max is my figure

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carracco is the name I like on that list. Just because of his speed. I am not sure we have ever had a true world class speedster on the wing in this league, and would enjoy trying that with Pozo in his prime. (bonus points- he was a Genk Academy player, although he left long before Pozo arrived there). His Chinese team already moved Gaitan to MLS...

But realistically, way too young and way too many good options to come here I suspect... I can’t see how he wouldn’t wind up at a Valencia or a Lyon.
    Last edited by ensco; 12-27-2019 at 10:26 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    Agreed. It makes no sense from a business standpoint of making money to have a $10m dp
    It’s ridiculous.
    At the end of the day TFC are in this to maximize profits.
    I believe they have done a masterful job at this
    As it stands this team is projected to have two playoff home games in my opinion.
    And to put 27000 people in the stands consistently
    2M max is my figure
    Your logic would be sound based on MLSE owning just TFC. As they own all of the major sports entities save the Blue Jays they need to loose money on certain entities to offset the profits on their other properties and reduce their tax exposure.

so at the end of the day from the people I know at TFC, they can spend what they need to spend all they have to do is make a case and justify the price tag. As they have shown they will spend the money to win its all about fit and what the technical side wants in a player and who fits the profile

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Carracco is the name I like on that list. Just because of his speed. I am not sure we have ever had a true world class speedster on the wing in this league, and would enjoy trying that with Pozo in his prime. (bonus points- he was a Genk Academy player, although he left long before Pozo arrived there). His Chinese team already moved Gaitan to MLS...

But realistically, way too young and way too many good options to come here I suspect... I can’t see how he wouldn’t wind up at a Valencia or a Lyon.
    Agreed he is the best player on the list, but he’s rumoured to go back to Europe and TFC would have to spend crazy money and I don’t think that he would move the needle for the casual fan which i think is part of what they want in a 3rd DP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're 100% percent right. We were total shit last year. Accomplished nothing. Another year to toss into the 2011 to 2013 bin.

Manning, Curtis, and Vanney are really just Mo, Payne, & Marriner in disguise.

Whatever.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    You're 100% percent right. We were total shit last year. Accomplished nothing. Another year to toss into the 2011 to 2013 bin.

Manning, Curtis, and Vanney are really just Mo, Payne, & Marriner in disguise.

Whatever.
    All 12 year olds with Jedi warrior lunch boxes know that these are clueless morons who could only get to four title games in three years. Any bozo would have won them all.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    Your logic would be sound based on MLSE owning just TFC. As they own all of the major sports entities save the Blue Jays they need to loose money on certain entities to offset the profits on their other properties and reduce their tax exposure.

so at the end of the day from the people I know at TFC, they can spend what they need to spend all they have to do is make a case and justify the price tag. As they have shown they will spend the money to win its all about fit and what the technical side wants in a player and who fits the profile
    if TFC signs a Carlos Vela quality guy for $7M every other team in the league might as well give up for 2020
    nobody would come close to beating TFC.
    do you think the league wants this? remember the league owns 1/2 of TFC don't they?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    Thanks for the input guys.
    I’m trying to determine what makes sense for TFC to spend on a dp

My guess is max $2M USD
    Nah they'll either go low pay high transfer or high pay free transfer