Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone else having trouble clicking the "continue" button when trying to purchase their tix in the Account Manager? Nothing is happening. Ticketmaster is taunting me!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From Larson this morning...

“Chivas Guadalajara players are reportedly up in arms after claiming the club hasn’t paid bonuses and are booking cheap travel plans. Mexican sports outlet RECORD reported Chivas’ players were didn’t appreciate a long layover in Houston during their trip to Red Bull Arena …”
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    This is BS scalpers are just going to buy up all the damn tickets and regular people will never even get to the 2pm Presale let alone general public.
    Not sure on that one.
    To the supporters and informed fans, this is the biggest game in TFC history.
    To the casual, trendy place to be fan, this isn't the MLS Cup final. It's a midweek Tuesday game.
    If the scalpers do buy em all up, I'd be tempted to wait till gameday. See if they still have a mitt full of tix and hopefully prices come down.

Nevertheless, my email says my presale is Friday at 2pm.
    Last edited by cmonyoureds; 04-12-2018 at 08:00 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like Chivas will have 2 players suspended for the 1st leg on yellow cards. Their starting goalie and their left back who has started the majority of their games in the tourney.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cmonyoureds View Post
    Not sure on that one.
    To the supporters and informed fans, this is the biggest game in TFC history.
    To the casual, trendy place to be fan, this isn't the MLS Cup final. It's a midweek Tuesday game.
    If the scalpers do buy em all up, I'd be tempted to wait till gameday. See if they still have a mitt full of tix and hopefully prices come down.

Nevertheless, my email says my presale is Friday at 2pm.

Mine says that too.. however it seems season ssh who have been able to get tickets since almost the final whistle on Tuesday, they get to buy extra tickets. For the MLS Cup this same thing happened and there was no Presale for non SSH or General Public seats and this game is a big one.

I hope I'm wrong because I don't want to spend stub hub mark ups. I missed MLS Cup last year because I refused to buy from scapling sites (and I've went to the 2010 MLS Cup, very different even but still a Cup game)

If it does sell out before 2pm then there is an issue and it needs to be dealt with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    Mine says that too.. however it seems season ssh who have been able to get tickets since almost the final whistle on Tuesday, they get to buy extra tickets. For the MLS Cup this same thing happened and there was no Presale for non SSH or General Public seats and this game is a big one.

I hope I'm wrong because I don't want to spend stub hub mark ups. I missed MLS Cup last year because I refused to buy from scapling sites (and I've went to the 2010 MLS Cup, very different even but still a Cup game)

If it does sell out before 2pm then there is an issue and it needs to be dealt with.
    I'm sure ticket availability for the general sale will be better than the 96 tickets available for the Leafs' second playoff game!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just printed our TFC tickets for the CONCACAF finals #111 face value $43.00 paid $36.00 from our Account Manager. )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Per Vanney's conference call today as reported by multiple journos, Mavinga is making progress but it's not a sure thing, sounds like he'll be questionable. Morrow is really close, he'll probably be an option. Vazquez moving along slowly but surely, but needs time. Doubt he'll be able to play at this rate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azorean View Post
    They came from as far away as Spanish Harlem and Queens most likely.
    Bad hombres FTW!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chivas have put something out on their website that says that the first leg is at 8.15pm, and the second leg is at 9.30pm (all times ET). fwiw

http://www.chivasdecorazon.com.mx/no...la-Gran-Final-
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me, this game is bigger then MLS Cup. We should be selling this game out with people asking each and every SSH if they can score tickets.

Shame its not going to be seen that way.

I would LOVE for this to be a sold out cold night like that game against Montreal.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Chivas - Scouting Thread

Rather than have this get a bit lost in the game threads, I thought I'd put this up stand alone (but if a mod wants it back in the game thread, no complaint)

So who are these guys?

They are owned by a serious billionaire, Jorge Vergara. We used to talk a bit about Vergara in TFC's early days, when Chivas USA were a weird experiment and a topic of conversation. Haven't heard his name much since then, he's big in the movie business (which is why he put a team in LA to begin with), but just to remind, the big controversial thing about the Chivas experiment in MLS was that....

Chivas only play Mexican players. No foreigners. Ever. This is a big deal for them, a major point of pride. Some people love that, for some other people, that stance is out of step with modern life and a major reason to dislike them. There is a Mexican nationalist element to how Chivas see themselves. Sort of like what TFC were trying to do in the beginning by being the "Reds", but multiply by 100 and do it for 100 years. Chivas definitely look down their nose at teams like Tigres and TFC that build with foreign hired guns.

Which makes their choice of Argentine manager Matias Almeyda weird ... especially since Almeyda does not have a lot of prior managerial experience (he managed at River Plate for a year before joining Chivas and .... that's pretty much it. But Almeyda was a star player. For this with longer memories, he played beside Simeone and in front of Zanetti on the 1998 and 2002 Argentine World Cup teams (he was also in front of Pocchetino in 2002 - those teams produced a lot of managerial talent). Notwithstanding his big career, he is probably most famous as a player for getting schooled by 18 year old Michael Owen in the 1998 England-Argentina World Cup game (the one where Beckham got sent off)- he's the DM, #5, in this clip ...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Uz2zdPjUC8

Almeyda had good early success but has been under a lot of pressure lately, because of Chivas' crappy league play this year, but winning the Gran Final might save his job.

Rodolfo Pizarro, their AM, is one of two Guadalajara players that could make the Mexico MNT going to Russia. He has not seen much time with the national team (he played 45 minutes in their last outing v Croatia) but has apparently had a great year at Guadalajara. He cost them $14M in a transfer from Pachuca. That's Pizarro making the interception and doing most of the work on the only goal in the NY tie.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqGj5R-moiQ

Oswaldo Alanis is the other potential Mex MNT player on Chivas. He has been a longtime fixture but didn't make it off the bench against Croatia or Iceland last month. He has had a bitter contract dispute with Chivas, which is maybe affecting the team (more on that later). Alanis had the rocket FK that turned the tide in the Seattle-Chivas quarterfinal second leg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq7LeA_0afI

(more to come later)
    Last edited by ensco; 04-12-2018 at 05:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Rather than have this get a bit lost in the game threads, I thought I'd put this up stand alone (but if a mod wants it back in the game thread, no complaint)

So who are these guys?

They are owned by a serious billionaire, Jorge Vergara. We used to talk a bit about Vergara in TFC's early days, when Chivas USA were a weird experiment and a topic of conversation. Haven't heard his name much since then, he's big in the movie business (which is why he put a team in LA to begin with), but just to remind, the big controversial thing about the Chivas experiment in MLS was that....

Chivas only play Mexican players. No foreigners. Ever. This is a big deal for them, a major point of pride. Some people love that, for some other people, that stance is out of step with modern life and a major reason to dislike them. There is a Mexican nationalist element to how Chivas see themselves. Sort of like what TFC were trying to do in the beginning by being the "Reds", but multiply by 100 and do it for 100 years. Chivas definitely look down their nose at teams like Tigres and TFC that build with foreign hired guns.

Which makes their choice of Argentine manager Matias Almeyda weird ... especially since Almeyda does not have a lot of prior managerial experience (he managed at River Plate for a year before joining Chivas and .... that's pretty much it. But Almeyda was a star player. For this with longer memories, he played beside Simeone and in front of Zanetti on the 1998 and 2002 Argentine World Cup teams (he was also in front of Pocchetino in 2002 - those teams produced a lot of managerial talent). Notwithstanding his big career, he is probably most famous as a player for getting schooled by 18 year old Michael Owen in the 1998 England-Argentina World Cup game (the one where Beckham got sent off)- he's the DM, #5, in this clip ...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Uz2zdPjUC8

Almeyda had good early success but has been under a lot of pressure lately, because of Chivas' crappy league play this year, but winning the Gran Final might save his job.

Rodolfo Pizarro, their AM, is one of two Guadalajara players that could make the Mexico MNT going to Russia. He has not seen much time with the national team (he played 45 minutes in their last outing v Croatia) but has apparently had a great year at Guadalajara. He cost them $14M in a transfer from Pachuca. That's Pizarro making the interception and doing most of the work on the only goal in the NY tie.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqGj5R-moiQ

Oswaldo Alanis is the other potential Mex MNT player on Chivas. He has been a longtime fixture but didn't make it off the bench against Croatia or Iceland last month. He has had a bitter contract dispute with Chivas, which is maybe affecting the team (more on that later). Alanis had the rocket FK that turned the tide in the Seattle-Chivas quarterfinal second leg

(more to come later)

Wow. Thanks for this. That's some serious research you've done... Scouting Report Central!

I had no idea Chivas only play Mexican players. I need to think about that a little bit more and see where I stand on the matter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chivas would make the former USSR proud.

I'm not sure if its admirable but they sure are not not taking the easy route, I guess it depends if the decision is based on xenophobic attitudes or just national pride.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Chivas would make the former USSR proud.

I'm not sure if its admirable but they sure are not not taking the easy route, I guess it depends if the decision is based on xenophobic attitudes or just national pride.
    The latter is often a euphemism for the former (not always, but often).

Personally, I think it's stupid. Like how Bilbao only plays Basque players. Maybe that could work in the past, but the world is different now and such policies are only going to hold teams back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GerMc View Post
    I paid $90 per ticket in Section 109...so you are not alone! I am confident it will be well worth it!
    sorry was mistaken section 207 so a bit further last year I was in 205 closer to 206. Seems like these are some what premium tickets. Face value is 105 each paid 83. Feel a bit better .
    Last edited by FootBallAZ; 04-12-2018 at 07:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pfk View Post
    There was a bit of a scuffle in 115 in the last game when a CA fan got into it with supporter. Not sure if he thought it was a good idea to be in the supporter section.
    If they do not start paying attention, there will be a problem one day. Supporters should not mix during matches, the emotions are running to high.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember Almeyda, he was a solid defensive mid. From what I remember.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    I remember Almeyda, he was a solid defensive mid. From what I remember.
    Definitely. Played for Inter. World class.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(more to come later)
    Amazing free kick for sure, but Frei's positioning looked off for me. I think he was standing too far on the near side/wall side of the goal. I know it's different when the kick is that far from the net, but I still think he should have been more on the other side not covered by the wall.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Amazing free kick for sure, but Frei's positioning looked off for me. I think he was standing too far on the near side/wall side of the goal. I know it's different when the kick is that far from the net, but I still think he should have been more on the other side not covered by the wall.
    I have looked at a bunch of Chivas highlights, and one thing I notice is how crazy/loud the atmosphere is there. If Azteca is like the Olympic Stadium in Rome (ie a cavern that is only intimidating when it's full), Akron is like Anfield - tight to the field, and wilder. I think that crowd really messes with things like communication between the visiting GK and his defenders on FKs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From Larson this morning...

“Chivas Guadalajara players are reportedly up in arms after claiming the club hasn’t paid bonuses and are booking cheap travel plans. Mexican sports outlet RECORD reported Chivas’ players were didn’t appreciate a long layover in Houston during their trip to Red Bull Arena …”
    Last edited by ag futbol; 04-12-2018 at 08:51 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The more I think about this, the happier I am that we start at home.

I like how the last two series went. I want the lead going into the second leg.

That is our game, playing with the lead, bending not breaking, countering.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is anyone trying to get extra tickets at the noon pre-sale? Anyone have a sense of the demand? Can't imagine it's MLS Cup final like demand, but probably tickets will go fast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Canary10 going to try to get mine now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chivas play Tijuana tonight and apparently chartered a plane to get here tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UGH says my code doesnt work

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone have a code I can use?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not working. Too many people I presume.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My code works but I'm getting errors when trying to search.

We apologize. We are unable to complete your request on this device.

So that you may continue to shop, we recommend using a different device (laptop, phone, tablet, etc.). Using a shared device? Make sure you’re logged into your Ticketmaster account.