Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    "They've made some new signings but it's like putting lipstick on a pig. It's still a pig."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...onto-world-cup
    Pretty cute if you ask me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That article is amusing.

Our infamous club, that on a good day two weeks ago got maybe 25 people to care enough to come on this site, is suddenly today the worldwide enemy of millions of England (and USMNT) fans.

It is a day for all of us, the very, very, very few who have cared about this little team throughout, to smile.
    Last edited by ensco; 01-12-2014 at 03:24 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    That article is amusing.

Our infamous club, that on a good day two weeks ago got maybe 25 people to care enough to come on this site, is suddenly today the worldwide enemy of millions of England (and USMNT) fans.

It is a day for all of us, the very, very, very few who have cared about this little team throughout, to smile.
    Bingo! Likely your best post ever, Ensco!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he is here already...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Amazing!!!! So which flight was it? Is it the AC flight?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Come on guys, on pure economics alone there is absolutely no team in MLS that is going to compete in the premiership. The highest spending team our league spends around 15M dollars while the absolute bottom dwellers in the EPL typically spend around 15-20 million pounds, or approximately twice as much as our elite teams (and that doesn’t even include transfer fees). What’s more, they don’t have bizarre roster regulations where you spend all your money on three players. When an EPL left back on a proper salary faces down a MLS guy earning 1/10th as much, it’s going to be a slaughter every day of the week.

As far as physicality goes. MLS is physical, it is not world class like these other places are. You guys have seen TFC play these other teams in pre-season form. Does it not strike you how puny our players look in comparison to every EPL team that’s ever shown up here? Add on the superior skill level and the end result is MLS footballers are unable to wrestle control of the game. It’s hard to barge in on a guy when he’s strong enough to shield you off the ball but also tricky enough to wrong foot you. These are problems MLS defenders don’t face; if they did, they would have to defend much more cautiously.

MLS is improving but don't buy the hype that it's approaching the quality of some of the other leagues out there.

Agreed. I remember when West Ham showed up and going "Holy shit these guys are huge", it was blatantly obvious. Despite all the hype and high profile signings over the years MLS is probably the 20th best league in the world, and I think i'm being generous here. Do I think that KC could steal some points off a EPL club? Sure, they would win a few games and draw a bunch more but that's the extent of it really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy Crap he is here!!!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pryzby's scarf that.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My excitement level just went up a few notches.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"He's short,
    He's red,
    His favourite show is Father Ted!"

He's going to tear th....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

am shocked at your signing, problem for you is how long before your players get on his wavelength, stunning player, as said before, cannot believe you have signed him, maybe 31 but the most athletic signing by a north american club, awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a potential round of:

He signs who he wants
    He signed who he wants
    TIM LIEWEKE
    He signs who he wants

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tonyb View Post
    am shocked at your signing, problem for you is how long before your players get on his wavelength, stunning player, as said before, cannot believe you have signed him, maybe 31 but the most athletic signing by a north american club, awesome.
    Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really hope the increased exposure in England from Defoe means more TFC matches on BT sport.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any MLS Club would probably get some wins, ties and mostly loses, they would most likely get relegated. Some teams might beable to stay up in the Championship, others might be more likely to compete at the League One standards, and team like TFC would of been in League 2 or lower. That said who cares, this is our League, and there is a lot of leagues in Europe that besides the top 2 or 3 clubs, the rest of the league is shit. And to be honest those leagues can be more boring then MLS because the same 2 or 3 teams win the league every year, and the gap between the top clubs and the lower clubs is HUGE. In MLS the gaps are close and anyone can win.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm very presently surprised how a big a story this is in the main stream media, both sports and otherwise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    I took this photo.

The scraf was given to Jermain from Prizby. He came over and shook our hands and seems like an overall very good guy.

I can't wait for the season to start!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Why?
    I grew up there, and Britons are the biggest football snobs on Earth, despite not having won anything in 40 years and having an imbalanced leaguew with only four or five competitive teams.

Did anyone watch Sunderland-Southhampton a few weeks ago? Did it not look startling like an MLS match to anyone?

Nobody is more deluded about football than the English. They all think 'expert' is a birthright, that everything not English is crap. But when their own team comes up, they slag it, too.

The most telling part about that article? There are almost as many banned comments underneath as actual comments. That's what it means to try to have a discussion with someone English about football. No is more deluded (except maybe MLS.com types who keep insisting MLS teams could compete there day in and out, despite the cap).
    in recent times, "britons" as you call them have won 3 Champions leagues.
    If u think Sunderland v Soton was MLS standard, incredible, the fact that Sunderland have USMNT team main striker and he can't even get on for them should tell u all u need to know about the standard.
    They only have 4-5 competitive teams u claim, no other major league has that many. Most have 2-3 at most who can win their domestic league.They have the most open league this season in Europe with any of 4 teams with a genuine chance of legitimately winning it.
    Last edited by burlington Red; 01-12-2014 at 07:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I also call bs on the English being football snobs. If they are snobs then whey are non league teams drawing crowds of over 5,000?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the EPL,but how good would it be if they had a 3 mil cap and limited imports..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that article is amusing.

Our infamous club, that on a good day two weeks ago got maybe 25 people to care enough to come on this site, is suddenly today the worldwide enemy of millions of england (and usmnt) fans.

love this post!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That article is amusing.

been here since day one... i would love to see BMO packed and loud once again....this has surely brought a smile and tomorrow i will be beaming....

i haven't said this for so long but i am looking forward to the start of the season......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Showing Defoe's reaction as the drove by BMO.....I wonder what he was thinking?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That article is amusing.

The Leaf thread keeps this website going.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The last time I was this jacked up for the season was in 2009. Mind you, I think this team has more potential.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

spur (no pun intended) of the moment decision to go to the airport. Had just gotten back to Toronto, decided to turn around and go out to the airport; was worth it; I think Jermain was a bit surprised there were even fans waiting his arrival.