Page 83 of 191 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133183 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,490 of 5705
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Only six points out of a playoff spot too. Great time to be joining Nottingham Forest.
    Ironically, I've had a cousin who recently moved to Nottingham with his family within the past couple of months.

Now another reason why I should start following Nottingham Forest!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    I love Richie,but i think tfc got away with one,925k for 4 years is a bit steep.i was thinking 650-700 range,good luck to him
    I think his speed and guile on the ball are a cut above and if he gets a chance to use them there, he can do well. I'm a little concerned they'll be wedded to a system that constrains him, which plays against his creativity.

He'll also have to mark more tightly and consistently than he did here; he let several crosses into the box last year that shouldn't have gone unchallenged.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    It is really cool to see the fanbase so revitalized. Ali Curtis was truly a drain on this franchise.
    It's remarkable the difference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    It's remarkable the difference.
    These last 2 wks have been the best ever..world wide attention

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    No implication. TFC will just get paid out if/when Sao Paulo sell him. Caps did similar with Octavio Rivero
    Thanks. Wasn't sure if there'd be any implications from his transfer fee for example if we still owned some portion of his rights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Doesnt matter really, does it? But his performance in Holland was incredible and presaged what he has done for us. legend.
    It matters if you're gonna quote me twice about it yeah. Cool take though, legend, yada yada

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    I love Richie,but i think tfc got away with one,925k for 4 years is a bit steep.i was thinking 650-700 range,good luck to him
    Yup, he's great but Auro will do the job half as good for a quarter of the money. Spend the transfer and wages on Salcedo and get this ball rolling.

Also, I think Oso missed his window to get top offers in Europe, if he had left during our MLS Cup win/CCL run he could've maximized his value but he stayed in order to win some trophies with the hometown team (can't blame him) and spent some years here falling off a bit from those highs. I wouldn't be too upset if he left, Priso fills in nicely next to Bradley, Marky can start as well but would rather trade him in the league for a great GK or some wing depth.

If there's one person to not begrudge them on their wage BTW it's Michael Bradley, dude took a pay cut to stay here and has been the most faithful servant this club has ever had. I have a sneaking suspicion he has a comeback year this year under his Dad and with so much quality around him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not transfer related... but if anyone wants some Nottingham Forest merch, most of their stuff is 50% off at the moment. https://shop.nottinghamforest.co.uk/collections/sale

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    That's always been his MO, no? Report on what overseas media saying then add in a quote from Manning or media relations
    I guess I expected a little more after following in the foot steps of how Kurt covered the team.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This off season is incredible and it’s so great to see the forum get filled up again.

I am absolutely thrilled for Richie, you could really tell he was ready to go at the year end press conference and so I wish him all the best. He was fantastic for us and I hope this gets him to the next level which will only help the national team. Also, very pleased to see the club offered him a serious annual salary, in my mind it is definitely deserving based on his impact and production.

I’ve got to think that Oso will be gone too. Which isn’t a bad thing as it will help him challenge himself but also frees up a roster spot for the continued growth of Priso/Okello.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcboi View Post
    Idk how much stock I give this given who tweeted this but this would be huge… https://twitter.com/transfersmls/sta...403250176?s=21
    Looks like Salcedo liked the tweet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FYI... Do not know if this is a retread and has been already mentioned, anyone is aware... came across a You Tube video tying into some of the recent discussion...

How MLS Plans To Overtake Baseball - CNBC - 26NOV21 - https://youtu.be/c5eD7a97DVE

Very interesting, some pontificating, but informative... all about generation Alpha!?
    Ownership may be ready, there is enough of a consensus that something is going on; something is happening.
    The times are a changing and the time is now-soon with a convergence of many factors and MLSE/TFC may have been given the baton or just decided to take it given their recent circumstances.

My... a possible take away as a few other posters have suggested... enough Ownerships, including MLSE/TFC, taking the next step- a calculated risk, by investing, even against an immediate or short-term loss, against their franchise evaluations, to push growth forward for the long term gain towards and after WC26.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 01-06-2022 at 02:49 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Laryea really wanted Europe, clearly. I'm happy for him. From our perspective it's a big loss to our creativity going forward.

I do wonder if this is making Osorio think. He's mentioned Europe multiple times, heading into negotiations before we gave him his big raise a few years back, and he again mentioned possibly playing there this off-season as he heads into his option year. Wonder where his head is at...
    I would not be surprised if Oso leaves too. Where is the question? A Spanish speaking team that needs someone in the Bradley role he was so good at in 2020 but in a league where it's a challenge for him. Lower team in Serie A? Serie B? Somewhere JDG played (as I suggested in an earlier tweet)? Mexico? I don't see us getting a huge fee for him though as there are lots of "nice" players like Oso when you go up a level from MLS. But - for the right team, it really works.

Edit: A loan also makes sense for Oso - team with injuries in this position, for example.
    Oh no, I hope not.
    I get that in this Forum there may be no significant consensus on the subjective talents and current worths of Osorio, Delgado and Laryea to TFC.
    At this point, during this transition, I would have preferred losing none of these three horses; I would have expected they were part of the next step and journey to Championships; they each have years still to give. It seems for now I will have to swallow the loss of one. Moving forward, I am hoping more shortcut... with some noteworthy tinkering of key pieces and less rebuild... fire sale of decent assets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Webdogg;1950466]Laryea may be setting the record for playing for teams named The Reds. 3 by my count

Yes! The Original Reds! The Garibaldis... for the Italian connect. NF is a great and storied team. Experiencing a turn around season with Manager Cooper and Laryea has an outside chance to help them get promoted to the PL from the CL.

IIRC... much respect to and pain with their drubbing of the Hammers about a decade ago in the FA Cup.

Who would have thought Richie to be part of the mercenary lot?
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 01-06-2022 at 04:38 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    IIRC... much respect to and pain with their drubbing of the Hammers about a decade ago in the FA Cup.
    That was 2014, I was at that match.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That offer from TFC...as much as I like Richie, maybe its best he not be on the team moving forward. Happy he can move to Europe like he wants & here's hoping he succeeds. Proud of the fact we gave a guy a chance & he's succeeding.

&

That budget hit for a FB....wow.

Moving on, that money is there to be spent somewhere & if we put that down on Salcedo......that's a better move long term, in my mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Oh no, I hope not.
    I get that in this Forum there may be no significant consensus on the subjective talents and current worths of Osorio, Delgado and Laryea to TFC.
    At this point, during this transition, I would have preferred losing none of these three horses; I would have expected they were part of the next step and journey to Championships; they each have years still to give. It seems for now I will have to swallow the loss of one. Moving forward, I am hoping more shortcut... with some noteworthy tinkering of key pieces and less rebuild... fire sale of decent assets.
    Oso is my favourite player. Certainly not hoping he will go; it just makes a certain kind of sense if he does.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    That offer from TFC...as much as I like Richie, maybe its best he not be on the team moving forward. Happy he can move to Europe like he wants & here's hoping he succeeds. Proud of the fact we gave a guy a chance & he's succeeding.

&

That budget hit for a FB....wow.

Moving on, that money is there to be spent somewhere & if we put that down on Salcedo......that's a better move long term, in my mind.
    I find it very hard to believe that TFC offered him that sort of a contract - it just does not fit in to any sort of an MLS team structure.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 01-06-2022 at 08:59 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Laryea was worth $925K in 2019. 2020, you tell me. 2021, he had too many weak games.

This is best for the CMNT, if he gets enough minutes over there that is. I hope he has a quick start. People turn on players faster over there.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Laryea was worth $925K in 2019. 2020, you tell me. 2021, he had too many weak games.

This is best for the CMNT, if he gets enough minutes over there that is. I hope he has a quick start. People turn on players faster over there.
    Totally agree. He has some weaknesses - ie occasionally switching off and not backtracking; going down blind alleys. On the other hand, he could become a cult hero for his ability to get fouled...

I am very happy for him and wish him only success.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oso is my favourite player. Certainly not hoping he will go; it just makes a certain kind of sense if he does.
    Unless a Mexican team takes a punt I can't see him going anywhere. I like him and he is pure TFC but he is overrated here. I said it about other players before, if Osorio was American then he'd be getting called out like Delgado does and there'd be more complaints about his high salary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Unless a Mexican team takes a punt I can't see him going anywhere. I like him and he is pure TFC but he is overrated here. I said it about other players before, if Osorio was American then he'd be getting called out like Delgado does and there'd be more complaints about his high salary.
    I don't know about that. The guy beside me at BMO grew up next door to Oso, and spends his whole time at games defending him against the crowd of people around us constantly slagging him. I think he gets more flack than he deserves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

I wrote off 2021 because in my mind he was already in Europe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

📝 — Chris Armas leads training at Carrington and has put on drills to win back the ball, but sources say the players feel they need more direction on what to do when in possession. His background is yet to convince the players of his pedigree #mufc #mujournal

https://twitter.com/Total_TFC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I don't know about that. The guy beside me at BMO grew up next door to Oso, and spends his whole time at games defending him against the crowd of people around us constantly slagging him. I think he gets more flack than he deserves.
    The dude gets shoehorned into 10 different roles in midfield depending on the needs of the team and manages to keep up with each and every one. Excels in some roles more than others.

In 2020 playing next to Delgado in a midfield 2 he was brilliant. The most annoying thing we’ve ever done is insist on injecting Bradley to the midfield last year when we had a proven combination of players that held a higher level of performance than Bradley had post-return from injury.

Anyway, all that is to say, if we’re going to judge Osorio, we should at least do it on the type of roles in midfield he does best. 3rd CB / sweeper Bradley unbalances the field and leaves him and Delgado as unglamorous rovers who just track back and forth providing outlets and tracking runners. And Bradley’s inability to see between the lines leaves everyone tracking back for the ball.

Love Bradley in his prime but his engine is about 60% of what it was and the passing range required from a DM in the game now is much greater than it was 5 years ago. He’s no longer a starter on a good team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just spitballing, but is it possible that Oso could become Captain once Michael Bradley retires? He's seen the highs and lows of TFC, and he now is enough of a veteran that I think he could take a leadership position and role of team historian.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know this can happen no matter what keeper we get, but is anyone concerned with getting Borjan and his quality of play and everything regressing like we have been witnessing with most our keepers as of late?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Just spitballing, but is it possible that Oso could become Captain once Michael Bradley retires? He's seen the highs and lows of TFC, and he now is enough of a veteran that I think he could take a leadership position and role of team historian.
    I wouldn't mind this. Oso will never be a weak link in MLS and he plays up to the level around him so if they keep the team stacked with some pedigree he will shine, and he's a hometown boy. Never gets injured either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Bradley spoke about this at the year end presser. He mentioned that he was encouraging guys to take on more of a leadership role and specifically mentioned Richie and Oso...minutes later they both mentioned a desire to go to Europe. Oso could for sure be that guy if he wants it.