Page 14 of 55 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 19Barrett19 View Post
    I get the reasons why he may be going, but I've always had time for Beita. He was pretty solid down the stretch, especially after coming back from the lacerated pancreas injury.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beita was a battler and solid on both sides of the ball. Hasler would be a substantial downgrade defensively IMO.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate to see him go but oh well. Good luck to him. He seems like a decent guy. I guess he decided to go for more money (assuming) and being close to home since he is from California. For that he had to leave a championship team that could repeat and even do well in CCL for an expansion team if he goes to LAFC. I guess it depends what he is in it for at this point in his career. More glory or a paycheck closer to home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't really blame him. Won a championship, now he can go play close to home for probably more money. Wish him well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd be careful with these geographic stereotypes.

Europe and South America are pretty similar, with a wide distribution of teams and fan bases.

Vazquez proved himself at Brugge, a place that nobody would rate as a soccer hotbed.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bring Fraser Aird home.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am I wrong, aren’t there dozens of out of contract players in Serie A or B available? Seba isn’t the only outstanding Italian player from those leagues who could step in to fill Beit’s shoes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nonc View Post
    Bring Fraser Aird home.
    Now this would be a desperate move

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Bring Fraser Aird home.
    I'm sure he comes home during the holidays and off season

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Am I wrong, aren’t there dozens of out of contract players in Serie A or B available? Seba isn’t the only outstanding Italian player from those leagues who could step in to fill Beit’s shoes.
    Serie B? seriously?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Now this would be a desperate move
    Why? Domestic depth player who can play wingback or straight up winger. Good player.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why? Domestic depth player who can play wingback or straight up winger. Good player.
    He doessn't even start much at Dunfermline.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I don't read much into it he's better than Scottish Championship, when he plays he's the best player on the field. Better and cheaper than Morgan for instance.

He was the best player on the field Canada vs. Scotland too.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't read much into it he's better than Scottish Championship, when he plays he's the best player on the field. Better and cheaper than Morgan for instance.

He was the best player on the field Canada vs. Scotland too.
    If it fits under our salary limitations/structure, he would be serviceable.

I would even put in my 2 cents that we should take a look at Mark Bloom as well. He was useful when he played here on the right side and he would fit in Mannings' idea of being 18 deep for our roster this coming year. Easily he could be inserted in the Canadian Championship and probably 7-10 starts in MLS games to keep guys fresh for CCL and the rest of the year.

Hasler
    Aird
    Bloom

for the right hand side looks like good depth to me. 1 more so offensive-minded (for 3-5-2), one defensive-minded (for 3-5-2), and a natural Right Back that has played our 4-4-2 system before.
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/mls/f...tfc-sign-lafc/

From JMo
    TFC made Beitashour a contract offer, but he turned it down as it would have meant taking a pay cut.TFC went to great lengths to keep Beitashour, but the club’s salary cap situation made it difficult to re-sign him, especially with players getting a bump in pay from their championship bonuses. Ideally, the Reds would have spent Targeted Allocation Money to pay down his salary cap hit, but under league rules they aren’t allowed to do so on a player in Beitashour’s salary range.

TFC have to be right against the cap already, or somewhere close. You still need min 150k in cap space for a TAM signing
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Because he’s generally regarded as a poor player with a poorer lifestyle, at least that’s why he didn’t stick at falkirk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cas87 View Post

I would even put in my 2 cents that we should take a look at Mark Bloom as well. He was useful when he played here on the right side and he would fit in Mannings' idea of being 18 deep for our roster this coming year. Easily he could be inserted in the Canadian Championship and probably 7-10 starts in MLS games to keep guys fresh for CCL and the rest of the year.

Hasler
    Aird
    Bloom

for the right hand side looks like good depth to me. 1 more so offensive-minded (for 3-5-2), one defensive-minded (for 3-5-2), and a natural Right Back that has played our 4-4-2 system before.
    Bloom I could get behind. If he comes on a min salary I’d much rather him than Alseth, who takes an international slot

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cas87 View Post

Hasler
    Aird
    Bloom

Morrow-----Hasler
    Morgan-----Aird
    Bloom

If there's not money to spend given the other signings we'll see, I could live with this situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morrow-----Hasler
    Morgan-----Aird
    Bloom

If there's not money to spend given the other signings we'll see, I could live with this situation.
    Why are people writing off Alseth already. He hasn't been waived and was decent for his limited starts last season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    Why are people writing off Alseth already. He hasn't been waived and was decent for his limited starts last season.
    I actually like Alseth! I thought he was let go. Good engine, played well when called upon and we may have international spots to spare.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually like Alseth! I thought he was let go. Good engine, played well when called upon and we may have international spots to spare.
    My bad, I double checked, looks like he had his option declined. Surprising.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    My bad, I double checked, looks like he had his option declined. Surprising.
    I am pretty sure the plan is to at least bring him in the pre-season to fight for a contract. Expect the same with Spencer, Camargo and Endoh if they don't move elsewhere before like Aubrey did. Pretty much they will be up against draft picks, potential TFC2 grads for the last 4-5 spots on the roster.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Bloom I could get behind. If he comes on a min salary I’d much rather him than Alseth, who takes an international slot
    What is Bloom's status in Atlanta? Did they protect him?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza_55 View Post
    What is Bloom's status in Atlanta? Did they protect him?
    The 2018 optition on his contract was declined by Atlanta. The only issue I see with him is that he has not played all that much in the last three seasons, 9 games in total.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this sets us up nicely for my theory that we're spending our new TAM on a RWB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a strong feeling Beita was going to leave for LAFC. I figured they'd throw bigger money at him to lure him there (and you certainly can't blame him if it would've meant a paycut to stay here). There's a huge Persian population in California that I'm sure they want to promote to (not that that's the only reason – he's a great player, obviously – but it is a sound marketing move).
    Last edited by James17930; 01-12-2018 at 04:16 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    I think this sets us up nicely for my theory that we're spending our new TAM on a RWB.
    LAFC are building their roster in a very strange way. It looks like their stuck between the ATL model and the old Galaxy-Leiweke model. They just seem to be throwing money at the wall without much rhyme or reason.

RPB Member
    President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its official, just letting you guys know ... not like its mentioned officially but it is i know my key source HAHA. Wont say any details.

He is an amazing human being. Happy for him and hope all success. Will indeed miss him in toronto
    Road Games:
    2013, 2014, 2015 - Montreal; 2016 - Montreal (Leg 1 Conference Final); 2017 - NYRB (Leg 1 Eastern Semi), Columbus (Leg 1 Eastern Finals); 2019 - Seattle (MLS Finals)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    I had a strong feeling Beita was going to leave for LAFC. I figured they'd throw bigger money at him to lure him there (and you certainly can't blame him if it would've meant a paycut to stay here). There's a huge Persian population in California that I'm sure they want to promote to (not that that's the only reason – he's a great player, obviously – but it is a sound marketing move).
    Don't forget he is also from California so closer to home. Can't blame anyone for taking more money and playing closer to home. He won a title already so this may be a better move for him from a family point of view.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)