View Poll Results: Are you going to renew your seats?

Voters
260. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sure, why not. what the hell else am i gonna do?

71 27.31%
  • Hells no! not giving these MOFO's another penny!

113 43.46%
  • maybe... no , yes.... I'm sooo confused.

76 29.23%
Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by QBall View Post
    It could be, as suggested elsewhere, that the reason they are delaying releasing next year's renewal prices is because they don't want people protesting in the stands for the last two home games because next year's renewal prices will be the same or marginally less (reduction would be seen as token at best) than this year's prices. Just a thought.
    Too late the protest is happening.

Etobicoke, ON, CANADA...the greatest country in the world!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After 6 dismal seasons, I'm out! Rebuilding each season and regressing from one season to the next doesn't make me think that anything will be any different in season 7. If my opinion ever changes, I can always pick up a pair for a fraction of face, if not for free. MLSE, thanks for nothing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can the delay have anything to do with the takeover of MLSE, internally we do not really know how much the new owners have of a say in regards to what is happening inside TFC. There might be an organizational overview happening somewhere in the structures of MLSE to see what really is happening with the club. Apathy is best kind of protest in my mind, the longer they wait for renewals, the longer people have to look at there budgets and really thinking if this worth spending money on renewing tickets before the holiday season.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by olo114 View Post
    Can the delay have anything to do with the takeover of MLSE, internally we do not really know how much the new owners have of a say in regards to what is happening inside TFC. There might be an organizational overview happening somewhere in the structures of MLSE to see what really is happening with the club. Apathy is best kind of protest in my mind, the longer they wait for renewals, the longer people have to look at there budgets and really thinking if this worth spending money on renewing tickets before the holiday season.
    Nah. MLSE entities will continue to run BAU during the takeover (unfortunately).

Interesting point you make there. The longer TFC dithers on announcing 2013 ST prices, the greater difficulty some folks will have justifying the cost. Not to mention the greater the chance more people will walk away.

I honestly don`t understand the delay. The only reason for it is to be able to charge as much as they can and get away with it. If they were smart they`d take it on the chin in order to maximize sales.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by olo114 View Post
    Can't see this being true. If there was an organizational review happening it probably started and ended with the promotion of cufflinks.
    At that point it became "business as usual".

I really, honestly believe the stalling was in hopes of a few wins, or a desperate search is underway to find a name to sign/promote with ticket renewals.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cmonyoureds View Post
    Can't see this being true. If there was an organizational review happening it probably started and ended with the promotion of cufflinks.
    At that point it became "business as usual".
    Apparently Anselmi knew for months that he was going to get the President job. And Bell/Rogers would have had info on the goings on of all the teams.

Its doubtful that the sale is the cause of the delay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narduch View Post
    That's pretty standard for merchandise at the end of the season.

Besides there are rumours that they will be rebranding next season, including a new badge.

They need to get rid of the old merchandise.

Plus I would assume this was their worst season for merchandise sales.
    A new badge and rebranding will just make it easier for me to be finished with the whole process. At least I still identify with what's going on. I'm not prepared to go through this again with something new. I've learned my lesson......

"Sorry we sank the last ship you were on, but look at this new, shiny, unsinkable one we're building."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently Anselmi knew for months that he was going to get the President job. And Bell/Rogers would have had info on the goings on of all the teams.

Its doubtful that the sale is the cause of the delay.
    Exactly. There's no way Bell/Rogers bought this team with no idea at all about projected prices and earnings for next season, let alone the next 5 or so. The core of that chart/graph is ticket prices.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

rebranding = putting lipstick on a pig
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT ! View Post
    rebranding = putting lipstick on a pig
    why the hate toward pigs?...........and..next year when the bacon shortage hits......uhhuh
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After today, I have decided I will not set foot in BMO Field until both of Paul Mariner and Earl Cochrane are no longer associated with the club in any way. I love this team too much and want them to succeed too much to feed the current management team, which appears to have the exact opposite attitude to mine. Feel free to measure your supporter-ness against mine, or tell me that a real supporter buys season tickets even when the owners are killing the club. It'll fall on deaf ears.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    After today, I have decided I will not set foot in BMO Field until both of Paul Mariner and Earl Cochrane are no longer associated with the club in any way. I love this team too much ...
    I feel your pain Danger, but why muddy the waters by including Mariner in this - if Cochrane goes, there is some hope - if Mariner goes, it is just more of the same...

We should keep Mariner as long as possible! The whole focus for future change is to get Cochrane out of the Toronto FC organization and a decent president in, with a mandate to clean house in the FO structure.

Mariner's mere presence underlines the sheer ineptitude of Cochrane and this organization - they could not have a more pronounce and public symbol of their idiocy, incompetence and failure - PAUL IS OUR POSTER BOY!!! He is such an entertaining side-show.

This is the "Emperor has no clothes" fairy tale to a T. We all see that Mariner wears short pants, but inexplicably the MLSE executive, TFC FO and the local press thinks that he wears long pants - it is hilarious!

Mariner is a one man bumbling entertainment unit - lets keep him around to fuel yet further embarrassment to Tommy, Cochrane and the FO.

Someday soon, PM will have a run in, at his favourite watering hole, that will make the papers. The little dust-up in Houston will pale to the potential embarrassment this guy can cause. I love Paul Mariner! I can't get enough of him at this point!

Cochrane must go!!! Save Paul Mariner!
    Last edited by tiberius; 10-07-2012 at 12:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Found this on twitter tonight.

Good news, if you're not interested in renewing, you can be taken of the renewal list early, just like the guy listed below.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Yep, that's good ol' Paul.

You see, he's noted for for his skill at being accessible to fans (supporters) through use of new media, including online discussion groups.
    Last edited by Cashcleaner; 10-10-2012 at 04:01 AM.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle_121 View Post

Good news, if you're not interested in renewing, you can be taken of the renewal list early, just like the guy listed below.

I think this is pretty funny. If you're not renewing, you're not renewing. Paul obvious saw a lost sale and made a joke about it.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The funny thing is, the TFC situation is having a bigger affect on me in terms of Leafs tickets than TFC tickets (I am an SSH to both).

It's not news that we are screwed. What's news is, they took the guy in charge of hiring at TFC, and gave him the same job for the Leafs!

I will keep my Leaf seats, but will sell every game, as long as the secondary market allows me to get out at cost - the Leaf market was wobbling for the last 2-3 years, but made a bit comeback last year, with the strong start. But when that market goes, it'll go like an anvil through rice paper, given the huge number of $150 and more tickets at the ACC.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle_121 View Post

nice, thanks for posting that. what a joke, too bad it's on us.
    instead of being a smartass online they should be concerning themselves looking for our next important game. maybe they can get Madrid back.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did they announce the Madrid friendly before renewals in '09? I don't think so. Friendlies are added after renewals have been made and not part of incentive.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Did they announce the Madrid friendly before renewals in '09? I don't think so. Friendlies are added after renewals have been made and not part of incentive.
    It was announced in the middle of the season. Probably only 2-3 months before the game.

Edit: It was announced on June 3, 2009.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steve Mickeler was just trolling twitter... I wouldn't take it too seriously (and I doubt Paul did either),
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    The funny thing is, the TFC situation is having a bigger affect on me in terms of Leafs tickets than TFC tickets (I am an SSH to both).

It's not news that we are screwed. What's news is, they took the guy in charge of hiring at TFC, and gave him the same job for the Leafs!

I will keep my Leaf seats, but will sell every game, as long as the secondary market allows me to get out at cost - the Leaf market was wobbling for the last 2-3 years, but made a bit comeback last year, with the strong start. But when that market goes, it'll go like an anvil through rice paper, given the huge number of $150 and more tickets at the ACC.
    Media moves on though. If the Anselmi story didn't gain much traction back when he was promoted, it won't again until an event happens (most likely pressure on Burke or Colangelo). Anselmi's promotion left a hole in TFC's front office, yet there has been very little news on that front, other than the non official news that Cochane is essentially the new head of TFC.

I agree with you on Leaf tickets. You would be amazed how easy it is to get tickets on game day for most games these days, from ticketmaster. The myth that they are always sold out for months is just that, a myth.

Everyone thinks that the Leafs are bulletproof, but nobody is.

TFC is a different story. The market actually collapsed in the middle of the season, which is fairly remarkable.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was referring to Pauls quote about the most important game TFC has ever played...... Real Madrid. it speaks to the priorities of management.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Media moves on though. If the Anselmi story didn't gain much traction back when he was promoted, it won't again until an event happens (most likely pressure on Burke or Colangelo). Anselmi's promotion left a hole in TFC's front office, yet there has been very little news on that front, other than the non official news that Cochane is essentially the new head of TFC.

I agree with you on Leaf tickets. You would be amazed how easy it is to get tickets on game day for most games these days, from ticketmaster. The myth that they are always sold out for months is just that, a myth.

Everyone thinks that the Leafs are bulletproof, but nobody is.

TFC is a different story. The market actually collapsed in the middle of the season, which is fairly remarkable.
    It's true, the Leafs aren't bulletproof. And it's also true the media moves on, but what's amazing about this is the lack of analysis. We often hear the Leafs haven't won anything for 47 years - and that's true - but they didn't miss the playoffs for 47 straight years. They had some decent runs and some good teams but none since MLSE took over. The Peddie/Anselmi reign has been the worst in Leafs' history. And no one is very optimistic about the next few years.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    ^ Yep, that's good ol' Paul.

You see, he's noted for for his skill at being accessible to fans (supporters) through use of new media, including online discussion groups.
    He shouldn't be going one on one like that with disgruntled fans. That guy, although pissed now, may have renewed in the end but after a sarcastic comment from Paul he may definitely not. Any other fans looking for one more thing to piss them off could have got it with that comment too since it is public. It's kind of arrogant to do that in the light of the current situation and not professional. If I did that at my company I would be in trouble for sure and same goes with the people I manage under me but then again we are successful in what we do so kind of different from TFC. It's not good customer service. It's great that he is available but he should stay out of confronting upset customers in that manner. I know it probably came out of him being stressed but as a high level employee you have to keep your head. Just my two cents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just posted this to Twitter. Feel free to do same. Perhaps we'll even get it trending, or at least get shitbags like Beirne to realize how much they've screwed up:

Unless there is a big cut in ticket prices, it is clear #TFC thinks we are SSHitheads.

@guidedbytbek

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this is pretty funny. If you're not renewing, you're not renewing. Paul obvious saw a lost sale and made a joke about it.
    You know what the Raptors do when they're about to lose a SSH? They get a call, and offer of lunch, with freaking Bryan Colangelo. Why does one arm value the fan and the other mock it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    He shouldn't be going one on one like that with disgruntled fans. That guy, although pissed now, may have renewed in the end but after a sarcastic comment from Paul he may definitely not. Any other fans looking for one more thing to piss them off could have got it with that comment too since it is public. It's kind of arrogant to do that in the light of the current situation and not professional. If I did that at my company I would be in trouble for sure and same goes with the people I manage under me but then again we are successful in what we do so kind of different from TFC. It's not good customer service. It's great that he is available but he should stay out of confronting upset customers in that manner. I know it probably came out of him being stressed but as a high level employee you have to keep your head. Just my two cents.
    The funny part was that he didn't ask to be taken off the renewal list. I'd say Paul called his bluff....
    Last edited by Canary10; 10-10-2012 at 08:40 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    It's true, the Leafs aren't bulletproof. And it's also true the media moves on, but what's amazing about this is the lack of analysis. We often hear the Leafs haven't won anything for 47 years - and that's true - but they didn't miss the playoffs for 47 straight years. They had some decent runs and some good teams but none since MLSE took over. The Peddie/Anselmi reign has been the worst in Leafs' history. And no one is very optimistic about the next few years.
    Not to nitpick, but the Leafs did go on a couple of pretty good runs in 1999 and 2002. But yeah, other than that, it's pretty safe to say the Peddie/Anselmi era has been nothing short of disastrous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Except where it matter$ mo$t to them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    We were complaining about this in the news thread yesterday, but in terms of TFC. For a team as inept as TFC has been over its 6 years, there is very little analysis and criticism of the people in charge. Instead we get cheerleading at times.

And it isn't different for the Leafs. Lots of, "well, the teams suck, but they make lots of money". As if that's ok. Never mind the fact that professional sports revenues have grown all over the world and the Leafs went along for the ride. Guys like Anselmi and Peddie get credit for an industry trend.
    Last edited by narduch; 10-10-2012 at 08:54 AM.