Page 148 of 193 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,440 of 5785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Lots more chatter- Belotti/Roma.
    Non yet decisive.
    Some moving parts; conditional.
    Any moment likely though.
    He must REALLY want to stay in Europe to pass up 10 million / season...

It's not like the offer was to play in Saudi... 10mil per year to play in Toronto with 3 of your National team mates and possibly a 4th if the other rumour is true. Instead signs with Roma for 2.8 (and as a rotational striker) 🤨

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Belotti out of the picture do we give any credence to the Mertens rumours a while back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dave343 View Post
    Rogers, Bell & Tanenbaum will expect results with so much $ being spent, and they will look at BB (probably first) and Manning if things don't go well. Also, if Insigne isn't having it in the future with MB and BB, I would imagine his agent could talk directly to MLSE where as I don't know if Insigne could go around Manning and Co. Who knows.
    Hope so Dave.

But the fact that Manning still hasn't been canned and has continually been able to escape any accountability for the mess he created doesn't give me too much hope mlse will pull the trigger. But like you said, if Insigne has enough and speaks up they might at least listen to him and protect their invesment in him and Fede. You know not even eogmanic bb and his son will dare speak back to them, they know their place now finally. Mlse will go with the italians over the americans, even if they don't know much or care about footie, they have to be at least smart enough to listen to the stars from Italy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time to go find out who's contracts end in 2023.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    Hope so Dave.

But the fact that Manning still hasn't been canned and has continually been able to escape any accountability for the mess he created doesn't give me too much hope mlse will pull the trigger. But like you said, if Insigne has enough and speaks up they might at least listen to him and protect their invesment in him and Fede. You know not even eogmanic bb and his son will dare speak back to them, they know their place now finally. Mlse will go with the italians over the americans, even if they don't know much or care about footie, they have to be at least smart enough to listen to the stars from Italy.
    Horrific posts only

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Time to go find out who's contracts end in 2023.
    Gonna limit the search to central midfielders and strikers only. Those will be the splash positions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Potential strikers out of contract of note:

Michy Batshuayi
    Alfredo Morelos
    Christian Benteke
    Jordan Ayew

Also of note is Stephan El Shaarawy who has proven to love money and be Italian.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    Horrific posts only
    Ouch, love you to bro! )

PS so much for you supposedly having me on ignore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Midfielders of note:

One of my favorite players of all time - Toni freakin' Kroos
    Sergi Roberto
    Rafinha
    Miha Zajc
    And a name mentioned here previously, Roberto Gagliardini.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Potential strikers out of contract of note:

Michy Batshuayi
    Alfredo Morelos
    Christian Benteke
    Jordan Ayew

Also of note is Stephan El Shaarawy who has proven to love money and be Italian.
    Mariano of Real Madrid will be done also. He'd be excellent here. Was banging them in at lyon but sitting now behind all world Benzema, nothing he can do about that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Midfielders of note:

Sergi Roberto
    Rafinha
    Miha Zajc
    Love Toni...5 CLs and a WC on his resume. Still has got it but I think he'll completely hang up the boots when his Real contract is done. He said he only wants to play at a high level and then retire "on top". He has his academies and his kids are settled completely in Madrid life and he doesn't want to uproot them again.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    Ouch, love you to bro! )

PS so much for you supposedly having me on ignore.
    A reminder to you and everyone else that this is about TFC roster moves ONLY. It is not a popularity thread. It is not a Croatia thread. It is not an Italy National Team thread. It is not a Bob Bradley evaluation thread. Discuss news and how the players fit the team. Stay on topic please. THANK YOU. People are getting completely fed up and I'm getting PMs on this.

None of us mods like to use this but will if necessary, you've been warned:

Last edited by Oldtimer; 08-01-2022 at 04:07 PM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    A reminder to you and everyone else that this is about TFC roster moves ONLY. It is not a popularity thread. It is not a Croatia thread. It is not an Italy National Team thread. It is not a Bob Bradley evaluation thread. Discuss news and how the players fit the team. Stay on topic please. THANK YOU. People are getting completely fed up and I'm getting PMs on this.

None of us mods like to use this but will if necessary, you've been warned:

Sorry Oldtimer. I just saw a comment about calling Croatia old so responded to the post about it in the context of Canada at the WC and opponents and posts thereon. Won't happen again.

Cheers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Midfielders of note:

Sergi Roberto
    Rafinha
    Miha Zajc
    It would be hilarious, and awesome, if Manning got his info from this board along with Transfer Mrkt 😂

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dave343 View Post
    It would be hilarious, and awesome, if Manning got his info from this board along with Transfer Mrkt 

In that case, I'd like to also recommend Isco formerly of Real. Still without a club, would be magician in the midfield.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That twitter thread is interesting

Two points in response

1) why carry 3 GK's on the senior team roster?

possible reasons

a)you think when you signed the #3 that he was too good a buy to not take him then because you will need the #3 guy in 2023 as one of the other 2 isn't going to be be staying around no matter what

or

b)you have been trying to offload one of the other 2 without success

or

c) you have been trying to offload BOTH of the other 2 without success & have a good idea who not here yet you want as your #1

or

d)you had a deal for one of the other 2, so took the #3 guy because you knew you were going to need that backup - and the deal fell through

or

e)you are freaking incompetent

I suspect b is likely & maybe even c

2. If they decide to use that one roster spot right now, its about 2023 - there is no need to fill a roster spot just to fill it - even with a charge against the cap, having a person in just to have a body against that cap charge is a waste of energy & training space

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    That twitter thread is interesting

Two points in response

1) why carry 3 GK's on the senior team roster?

possible reasons

a)you think when you signed the #3 that he was too good a buy to not take him then because you will need the #3 guy in 2023 as one of the other 2 isn't going to be be staying around no matter what

or

b)you have been trying to offload one of the other 2 without success

or

c) you have been trying to offload BOTH of the other 2 without success & have a good idea who not here yet you want as your #1

or

d)you had a deal for one of the other 2, so took the #3 guy because you knew you were going to need that backup - and the deal fell through

or

e)you are freaking incompetent

I suspect b is likely & maybe even c

2. If they decide to use that one roster spot right now, its about 2023 - there is no need to fill a roster spot just to fill it - even with a charge against the cap, having a person in just to have a body against that cap charge is a waste of energy & training space
    The fact that loans don’t count against it was both surprising and a bit disconcerting, as we clearly need more depth but we didn’t pursue any outside help, even short term.

But it does point to how much BB and Manning see this as a building year, with the results not as important as how it’s put together. They’re leaving roster spots free but there are plenty of guys out there available, which means they’re being very, very selective about how they fill out the roster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    The fact that loans don’t count against it was both surprising and a bit disconcerting, as we clearly need more depth but we didn’t pursue any outside help, even short term.

But it does point to how much BB and Manning see this as a building year, with the results not as important as how it’s put together. They’re leaving roster spots free but there are plenty of guys out there available, which means they’re being very, very selective about how they fill out the roster.
    In retrospect seems very likely from the beginning. Bradley has carte blanche (with the exception of DPs and I’d be surprised if he’d accept anyone he didn’t want). That’s the way it should be with a manager and sporting director.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Loans out don't count to the roster 30 (ie. Luke Singh and Auro). Loans in I believe do count to the 30.

Players on Injured Reserve also don't count for some reason (but need to be added once they return). It was a thing we dealt with last year as we had more international players than spots. I remember finding something about it and posting it here. Gallardo was on Injured Reserve, but never came back even after a TFC2 stint. They had no international spots for him to even sit on the bench.
    Last edited by rydermike; 08-01-2022 at 06:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Third.
    Maybe there are player rule and designation revisions in the works as result of the Apple deal; a fourth DP?
    Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    have there been rumours about this?
    I am not sure.

Other than, IIRC, I heard Herc on a podcast discussing this year(?), and maybe it was more opinion than rumour,
    that MLS should forgo the maze of financial/capology rules and simplify to a hard verifiable ceiling free spend of 30to40 million USD.
    Well, well, well...
    Wow!
    Apart from the source...
    If true?
    None of the above discussed really then matters?
    Matters much less?

Rosters are going to get much more interesting?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Aka 'The Bale Rule'?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No way they add two more DP slots. Those small market teams will fight it. Maybe they remove the u22 restrictions on teams with 3 DPs, but no way they have 5 DPs + TAM + U22

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see a 4th DP spot added with the same benefits of having one of the four being a young DP. No way they do 2 more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have loved this move but we have Criscito and it would mean either 3-5-2 or converting Criscito to a LCB.

I also selfishly think Adekugbe is criminally underrated and it would be great to see him move up the pecking order to a better club in Europe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Odd that he wants to move/they want to move him; a regular?
    2+Yrs still on contract?
    Another LB? Assimilating to the life issue?
    Hatayspor are a relatively newly promoted team to The Super Lig.

Adekugbe is a + not a - for La Difesa of most teams; TFC included.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    No way they add two more DP slots. Those small market teams will fight it. Maybe they remove the u22 restrictions on teams with 3 DPs, but no way they have 5 DPs + TAM + U22

More likely this is a misunderstanding of something that would make the small market teams even more happier

Current
    2 senior DP + 3 U22 initiative (young DP) slots

Moving forward
    1 senior DP + 4 U22 initiative slots

The small market teams would love that as they could spend on young people & sell them & look like they actually care about to their supporters.

Side note - didn't know until I just reread the roster rules that any team using a 3rd DP has to play $150K a year (not in cap space) to the league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    I'm not sure I agree. MLS just signed a massive new streaming agreement with Apple +. The last TV deal gave MLS $65 million per season ($90 million split with US soccer). Now, they get $250 million per season in addition to the pending smaller deals with ESPN, Fox, Univision, TSN.

MLS also recently signed a $270 million betting data deal with IMG Arena. https://sports.yahoo.com/mls-signs-2...105500478.html

And the biggest prize, the current $117 million per season deal with Adidas expires in 2023. MLS is growing and so should the number of DPs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forget adding 2 new DPs and add a Legacy or Homegrown DP rule.

I would like to see some sort of DP rule connected to length of time with a club. Call it a Legacy DP for players who have been with the club long enough to become a free agent (5 years) or maybe a player who was classified as Homegrown and has 5 years with the senior team.

Something like that could have a very low cap hit to incentivize young player development and potentially solve the problems with long tenured players who are still exceptional players but are in a bit of a contract no man's land at the $1,000,000 to $1,600,000 and are about to negotiate a new contract.

It could be called the Oso rule.

Tam already does this to some extent but a contract over $1,612,500 can't be bought down. We are going see more players being moved because they are not quite DP players but could potentially be worth more than $1,600,000.

Osorio can't go to another team in MLS.it just wouldn't be right.

FWIW I don't know if Oso is worth $1,600,000 but could be worth more than his $1,000,000 2022 salary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vitesse Arnhem right-back and Israeli national team captain Eli Dasa is out of contract. Free, 71 games in the Eredivisie over the last three seasons.

I'd be surprised if MLS clubs weren't looking at him.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    More likely this is a misunderstanding of something that would make the small market teams even more happier

Current
    2 senior DP + 3 U22 initiative (young DP) slots

Moving forward
    1 senior DP + 4 U22 initiative slots

The small market teams would love that as they could spend on young people & sell them & look like they actually care about to their supporters.

Side note - didn't know until I just reread the roster rules that any team using a 3rd DP has to play $150K a year (not in cap space) to the league.
    yeah, absolutely no chance this happens lol.

league is about to have about 5X as much money per year, i'd be shocked if they didn't add at least one more DP spot, or just go for a hard salary cap in a few years (of like 30 mill)