Page 55 of 193 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,650 of 5785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    now he will score for sure tonight
    Damn you were right. Russell Crowe has 2 assists so far.
    Last edited by Canary10; 06-29-2022 at 07:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gogon View Post
    Just a word on this “Bob the Builder” moniker:

If we like Bob (and I think most of us are feeling so-far-so-good) we might want to drop the moniker. I’m not sure if everyone knows the origins of it, but the name did not come from Bob’s track record of building anything.

The tag “Bob the Builder” was first given to him in levity and has subsequently become pejorative.

Here’s the backstory:

When Bob arrived pre-season at Swansea City, the club was in the process of releasing their team anthem/parody song. That year, Swansea decided to rewrite the lyrics of the kids TV show “Bob the Builder” and released a video with animation. As you might guess, Bradley’s face was superimposed on the Bob the Builder character.

Here’s the video if you want a chuckle (especially Bob’s critique at the end):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLqVCYpQlTw

If you don’t know it, BtB was a stop-motion animated kids show. Here is the original theme song (for comparison):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO_PL3V1c4Y

Well, we all know how it ended. Bob was gone after 11 games. The fact that the moniker followed him around is not a complement. Maybe Bob’s in good humour about it, but I doubt it.
    Hey Gogon. Well positioned and shared.

Ha! Yes. Of course I am aware.
    The power of Google!
    Or, in my case, upon learning he joined TFC, a family relation; a source well versed in silly UK football trivia.
    Without doubt, EFL fanatics, the supporters can be quite vicious and/or funny at times against their own and rivals; chants, gif's, etc. ...
    For me, it's about the space 'in-between'; where the fun of discussion on this forum board lies.
    In the case of transfers... the possibility and probability.
    In the case of monikers... the pejorative and term of endearment.
    It can be a fine line.
    Hence, at other times my statement that 'I believe in'.
    Or some fun with #goatardeschi.
    The agency of a word or phrase, it's acquisition and communication may be about how you choose to own it.
    Regardless, in person I like to think of myself as being always respectful; in certain situations one may argue a coward.
    If I ever do have the opportunity to chat in person with BB, I would certainly never mention 'BtB'.
    Similarly, if I ever met MB, I would never call him 'Lex Luthor'.
    The jury is still out on BB. Lets see in a year if and how a banner might incorporate and convey any sentiment behind the expression.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 06-30-2022 at 07:18 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this Andi Petrillo throwing it down again in order to be picked up by someone?
    Having already being spanked on this duplicitously by colleague Kaylan Kyle?

https://twitter.com/AndiPetrillo/sta...49886134116353

https://youtu.be/BdqSzY_aTEA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Is this Andi Petrillo throwing it down again in order to be picked up by someone?
    Having already being spanked on this duplicitously by colleague Kaylan Kyle?

https://twitter.com/AndiPetrillo/sta...49886134116353

https://youtu.be/BdqSzY_aTEA
    Yeah, I think she knows it’ll have purchase amongst the fan base and is just stoking her own fire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again, if our two other signings are Hoilett and Laryea, I will be disappointed.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    Again, if our two other signings are Hoilett and Laryea, I will be disappointed.
    I think it is bad for Laryea’s career to come back, get loaned to another Championship team that will play you. Hoilett, at the right price I think is a good piece of business. We still need more attacking threat.

And a Max TAM / DP (holding mid / full back). Holding mid first but realistically i think that one is next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    I think it is bad for Laryea’s career to come back, get loaned to another Championship team that will play you. Hoilett, at the right price I think is a good piece of business. We still need more attacking threat.

And a Max TAM / DP (holding mid / full back). Holding mid first but realistically i think that one is next year.
    Again, she’s just parroting the “likely” report from last week. Still nothing from the team.

They had a bid for a right-back from Liverpool turned down yesterday and were offering $12M which would clearly indicate they don’t believe Laryea can be the guy, so this’ll probably happen.

Meanwhile, Junior Hoilett’s contract expires tomorrow.

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/f...-ince-24360750

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Allocation order as of June 7:

1 Cincinnati
    2 Dallas
    3 Chicago
    4 San Jose
    5 Charlotte
    6 LAFC
    7 Montréal
    8 Columbus
    9 Houston
    10 LA
    11 Toronto
    12 Vancouver
    13 Minnesota
    14 Orlando
    15 Atlanta
    16 Seattle
    17 Nashville
    18 Kansas City
    19 Colorado
    20 New England
    21 Austin
    22 Philadelphia
    23 Portland
    24 New York City
    25 Miami
    26 New York Red Bulls
    27 D.C. United
    28 Real Salt Lake

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post

Meanwhile, Junior Hoilett’s contract expires tomorrow.

Nice find

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need to address midfield and wide play this window.

The Crew defended entirely narrow last night and it worked. None of our fullbacks were effective in attacking from wide areas. Expect we’ll see more of this in the future. LA will help of course but I think there’s more to the equation.

Also the difference between Osorio and no Osorio is as simple as being competitive or being overrun in any given game. There has to be more quality brought in here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

The Crew defended entirely narrow last night and it worked. None of our fullbacks were effective in attacking from wide areas. Expect we’ll see more of this in the future. LA will help of course but I think there’s more to the equation.

Also the difference between Osorio and no Osorio is as simple as being competitive or being overrun in any given game. There has to be more quality brought in here
    When he’s in we have a first team.

The parity in this league is getting ridiculous. Montreal, who we just hammered, beat Seattle last night. Cincinnati scored four goals against NYFC.

Up is down. Down is up.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    When he’s in we have a first team.

The parity in this league is getting ridiculous. Montreal, who we just hammered, beat Seattle last night. Cincinnati scored four goals against NYFC.

Up is down. Down is up.
    tbf cincinnati have been decent this year, and NYC just los their manager.

but yeah mucho parity this year, if we went on a run of 5/6 wins we'd probably break into the top 4.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Regardless, in person I like to think of myself as being always respectful
    Oh I believe you because you are most certainly always respectful here on this board. I just wasn't sure everyone knew the derivation of the nick name as I've seen some of our friends use it in all sincerity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    tbf cincinnati have been decent this year, and NYC just los their manager.

but yeah mucho parity this year, if we went on a run of 5/6 wins we'd probably break into the top 4.
    I would not underestimate the quality of Cincinnati. Due to business travel, I’ve caught 3 live Cincinnati games, including the TFC game, and they’ve given every opponent a beat down. The TFC game in Cincinnati was never close

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Webdogg View Post
    I would not underestimate the quality of Cincinnati. Due to business travel, I’ve caught 3 live Cincinnati games, including the TFC game, and they’ve given every opponent a beat down. The TFC game in Cincinnati was never close
    We did have 10 men for nearly the whole game tbf.

But yeah they're decent this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

I’ve been trying to make it to the stadium for the last couple of matches but no luck (and got rid of my tv). All the same, Osorio has been one of the great aspects of TFC over the years. Not that the academy produced him but to see a local player develop so well and commit to being here… only to become even better, is a pleasure.

If Hoillet is signed, how do you think Bradley will use him? Insigne will play on the left and in, and currently Pozuelo is right and trying to get himself as central as he can. I’d expect that would be Hoilett’s impulse if put on the right. So maybe more importantly, what role will Pozuelo have then?

(I suspect we’ll see more and more fluidity in the front third as time goes by… if Bradley’s LAFC can be any indication of that.)
    Last edited by los sonadores; 06-30-2022 at 02:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    I’ve been trying to make it to the stadium for the last couple of matches but no luck (and got rid of my tv). All the same, Osorio has been one of the great aspects of TFC over the years. Not that the academy produced him but to see a local player develop so well and commit to being here… only to become even better, is a pleasure.

If Hoillet is signed, how do you think Bradley will use him? Insigne will play on the left and in, and currently Pozuelo is right and trying to get himself as central as he can. I’d expect that would be Hoilett’s impulse if put on the right. So maybe more importantly, what role will Pozuelo have then?

(I suspect we’ll see more and more fluidity in the front third as time goes by… if Bradley’s LAFC can be any indication of that.)
    He may decide to use a
    4231 as Ayo and Jimenez both seem to work better with space and both can play wide and underneath. Then the two central mids trade duties going back and forth as true two-way mids

-------------westberg--------------
    thompson--Salcedo--Mavinga--Criscito
    -----------Bradley---Osorio--------------
    -----akinola----Pozuelo-----insigne-----
    ----------------Jimenez------------

Something like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i havent commented in a long while.
    Although I get the hype and excitement for LI.

If you listened to the press conference, manning admits to hiring a less than stellar coach.

LI admits his decision was a lifestyle choice - so this brings me back to manning out- the next signing also is a directly correlation to LI, which basically stated he made the choice due to the life for himself and his family.

This all seems insanely lazy, there are more than italian's who can play quality football- the fact that if manning only brings in friends of LI seems like he really has no clue and his trying to stay a float.

I dont mind the signings but the connection going back to Seba's agent, the money obviously had to be right but what competition did TFC have if this was a lifestyle choice for LI.

Im still disgusted since Manning botched Seba and Jozy. I understand it was a new season and winter and summer windows will help get the team back to a level we all expect.

But when we get excited to beat a team above us in the standings who doesnt have the same payroll - it makes me wonder that as a fan base we got so used to losing that with the payroll we accept being mediocre.

I hope to have a least another solid signing that isnt from Serie A or Italian NMT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post

If you listened to the press conference, manning admits to hiring a less than stellar coach.

LI admits his decision was a lifestyle choice - so this brings me back to manning out- the next signing also is a directly correlation to LI, which basically stated he made the choice due to the life for himself and his family.

This all seems insanely lazy, there are more than italian's who can play quality football- the fact that if manning only brings in friends of LI seems like he really has no clue and his trying to stay a float.

I dont mind the signings but the connection going back to Seba's agent, the money obviously had to be right but what competition did TFC have if this was a lifestyle choice for LI.

Im still disgusted since Manning botched Seba and Jozy. I understand it was a new season and winter and summer windows will help get the team back to a level we all expect.

But when we get excited to beat a team above us in the standings who doesnt have the same payroll - it makes me wonder that as a fan base we got so used to losing that with the payroll we accept being mediocre.

I hope to have a least another solid signing that isnt from Serie A or Italian NMT
    I get what you're saying. It's certainly "we can afford a Porsche so we're buying a Porsche" logic. I'm sure they could've done more with less. I suppose from MLSEs perspective, this is more about winning AND selling tickets than a long-term plan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post

Two Things:

1. Bob Bradley is top tier MLS. Only comparables are Arena, Tata, Schmetzer, Vanney, Curtin, Marsch imo.

2. Top tier DPs need to have commercial and market relevance, Manning landed the best player playing a position that puts butts in seats from a large Toronto demographic available.

Sometimes it appears something is lazy because it was the obvious thing to do, this is the latter.
    Last edited by portu; 06-30-2022 at 05:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just realized Blessing basically covers our three biggest areas of need by himself. Hell teach him goalkeeper and you can make it four

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure about Blessing - to me he's an upgrade on Nelson, without the youth & the passing ability but with a slightly better ability to make not passing the ball to the open man seem dangerous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    We did have 10 men for nearly the whole game tbf.

But yeah they're decent this year.
    Yeah quite the display. TFC down 1-0 after 90 seconds then Priso decided he was Bruce Lee. I was Row 1 seat 1 at mid field and the only TFC fan in the building and 6 minutes in I had to pull up my hoodie and start posting here to entertain myself. Good times

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Never been sold on Blessing and I thought we wanted guys who were professional? Nothing professional about this post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano

Official statement from Torino now confirms Andrea Belotti will not sign a new contract - he’s available on the market as free agent immediately, no full agreement with any club yet. 🚨🇮🇹 #transfers

Belotti will make a decision on his future club soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/Total_TFC

TSN reports that Richie Laryea is likely to be loaned out by Nottingham Forest this summer, but Toronto FC is *not* mentioned as a potential destination. Clubs in Belgium, the Netherlands, and the Championship are reportedly interested in him.

#TFCLive

https://www.tsn.ca/richie-laryea-not...rest-1.1819908

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was never really feasible to get him back on loan. We'd have to send out at least 500k of GAM for a half season rental.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post
    https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano

Official statement from Torino now confirms Andrea Belotti will not sign a new contract - he’s available on the market as free agent immediately, no full agreement with any club yet.  #transfers

Belotti will make a decision on his future club soon.
    The one thing we have to be really careful at, are we buying players because they are mercenaries or are we buying players that want to prove something. And each one has benefits, we just need to understand it. Judas was a mercenary.

The thing about Gio, Jozy and Michael. They all had chips on their shoulders and they wanted to win.

If we are going to pay big money, I want hungry players.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our person with some knowledge in there has indicated already that Belotti wanted Insigne money & TFC said no.

Something else is going on we don't know about...