Page 82 of 110 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,460 of 3275
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffian View Post
    And Bekker not even making the bench.
    Hopefully they'll send him to Wilmington.

The guy has talent, but he needs to get his head right... he needs to "get it".
    Maybe riding the bus in a lower league will help.
    It would likely be one of his last chances.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember when the said they wanted to be a team like Houston, RSL and KC. Good talented players that play a system and work well?

Seems Tim Bez is doing a great job of securing that type of talent.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    On the plus side; no more Hall. Finally someone saw him for what he is. I was wondering what everyone had been looking at for the past few seasons.
    I remember Hall originally playing for us as a right back. Did he perform horrible at that position? Was his crossing horrible. I do not remember a lot about his play at RB. I guess Nelson does not see him as a RB or he could have potentially been used as a sub for Bloom.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the plus side; no more Hall. Finally someone saw him for what he is. I was wondering what everyone had been looking at for the past few seasons.
    He's the Weideman of the midfield, apparently. Nice guy, gets along with everyone. Orlando should take him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Creavalle is official on the TFC website news

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hall being sent to Wilmington makes even more sense now. Can't see him sticking around with the club for too much longer.

Guessing Creavalle will slot in at RB for now with Bloom out. Nothing against Hagglund but he's more of a CB.

Bezbatchenko is doing work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    This most likely spell the end of Orr's loan at the end of the season.
    Not necessarily. If the Salary Cap increases to $5 million, we could probably afford a decent $200-300K salary for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good pickup. He's versatile and comes at good value, in addition to being young.

Clearly the team has little faith in Morgan, as I suspect he'll primarily be playing fullback.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffian View Post
    I remember Hall originally playing for us as a right back. Did he perform horrible at that position? Was his crossing horrible. I do not remember a lot about his play at RB. I guess Nelson does not see him as a RB or he could have potentially been used as a sub for Bloom.
    Hall couldnt defend 1v1. Kept getting beaten off the dribble
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Not necessarily. If the Salary Cap increases to $5 million, we could probably afford a decent $200-300K salary for him.
    If everyone is fit, we're covered in all positions 3 times over by MLS quality players. He's surplus of needs.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    If everyone is fit, we're covered in all positions 3 times over by MLS quality players. He's surplus of needs.
    Except I have the sneaking suspicion that Caldwell's last year is 2015.

And we are going to lose somebody decent to both NYRB and Orlando.
    One of Bloom, Jackson, Oduro or Morrow for sure. And likely one of Creavalle, Orduro, Jackson or Warren.

Orr's got about 4 more seasons in his tank after this one.

I'm sure this is all part of Bez's calculus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not convinced by this trade, but then again the only time I watch Houston is when we play them.

I expected much more from our allocation spot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I'm not convinced by this trade, but then again the only time I watch Houston is when we play them.

That Houston fans are upset they are losing him is a good indication that he's a good acquisition.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post

I didn't. We couldn't sign Beasley with 3 DPs on the books already so our threat to take him was mute. Our options were only to take what we could get or pass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It sounds like Brek Shea is staying in England. That would leave Jones as the only real bona fide desirable American player to be coming back to MLS, and he's not really a big need for us. There's probably not a lot we could have done with that allocation pick besides Beasley, who we also don't really need.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Except I have the sneaking suspicion that Caldwell's last year is 2015.

And we are going to lose somebody decent to both NYRB and Orlando.
    One of Bloom, Jackson, Oduro or Morrow for sure. And likely one of Creavalle, Orduro, Jackson or Warren.

Orr's got about 4 more seasons in his tank after this one.

I'm sure this is all part of Bez's calculus.
    Have to think that with the stock of 1st rd picks this year he will use some of them to protect the roster going into expansion draft. Trading picks for "future considerations" (not selecting a player) can help with that. 4 picks in 1st allows the team to grab a yound prospect or two while still protecting key parts of roster by moving picks to Orlando or NYCFC. This move today provides good, useable depth to the squad today and also improves position going into off-season relative to depth around expansion draft. I like that Bez appears to be managing long term, like a chess match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It thought he was pretty solid for Houston in our recent back to back set.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're pretty deep in midfield now. Bradley, Osorio, Warner and Creavalle. I don't think many teams can match that depth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't. We couldn't sign Beasley with 3 DPs on the books already so our threat to take him was mute. Our options were only to take what we could get or pass.
    And, if the MLS wanted DMB in Houston, they could well have forced our hand and left us with significantly less. It wouldn't be the first time that pressure has been exerted by HQ when it's perceived to be in the best interest of the league.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Villa TFC View Post
    And, if the MLS wanted DMB in Houston, they could well have forced our hand and left us with significantly less. It wouldn't be the first time that pressure has been exerted by HQ when it's perceived to be in the best interest of the league.
    Exactly. Pretty sure MLS doesn't want shitty TFC carrying 4 DPs with a fifth on loan and two of them being USMNT WC players.

Realistically I can see MLSHQ wanting to repatriate most, if not all of the USMNT players in time and to have them be spread around the league to increase exposure in all markets. Would be a smart move.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like a decent deal. We got Creavalle for basically nothing (assuming that the allocation money was reasonable). We are still in need of a #10, though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adam1001 View Post
    Seems like a decent deal. We got Creavalle for basically nothing (assuming that the allocation money was reasonable). We are still in need of a #10, though.
    I still think ol' Gil should give that a try.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does the team have any international spots?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 0bl1vious View Post
    Does the team have any international spots?
    3? IIRC, though that may be way off. I seem to remember someone putting out that number not too long ago. Though just going by our roster you can see we really don't have that many foreigners at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Julio Cesar will eventually vacate one International spot, trading Alvaro Rey for Oduro (who has a green card) vacated another. If we have 8 international spots - (Caldwell, Orr, Jackson, Defoe, Gilberto, Moore) we have 6 spots taken. Do we have more than 8 because of a trade?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jackson may have a green card?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Still Kicking View Post
    Julio Cesar will eventually vacate one International spot, trading Alvaro Rey for Oduro (who has a green card) vacated another. If we have 8 international spots - (Caldwell, Orr, Jackson, Defoe, Gilberto, Moore) we have 6 spots taken. Do we have more than 8 because of a trade?
    Did we not get one from portland for Urruti?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Still Kicking View Post
    we have 9; 1 from chivas usa as part of the carlos bocanegra trade

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was reeeealllyyy impressed by J Hams last night. Unfortuneatly I dont think he'll get any time with us upfront.

He's definetly too good for Wilmington though and as such it would be nice to see him go on loan to a more competitive league maybe overseas. Perhaps a loan to an A-League or League 1 club (though I'm not sure he'd get a work permit) using Ryan's connections? Maybe even Roma could help us get him a bottom half or mid table Serie B club for this coming season?

I think he definitely needs to be playing in a properly competitive environment. He has the potential to go far and it would only be beneficial to us and the CMNT if he gets time in an environment filled with real fan expectations and pressure through promotion/relegation etcetera.

Just as a disclaimer I'm not a big fan of sending our players to a USL-Pro club that is not our own because I believe that players need to be earning time instead of being gifted it. Also if the player is one of the first names on the team sheet for the loan club than it is not the club for them in terms of development which is why I oppose sending Morgan, Bekker and Hamilton to a USL-Pro club where they are simply keeping fit instead of progressing.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ Its better to have a USL - Pro affiliate than having them waste away on the bench.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil