Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    Perquis wasnt really flop.

Kantari was

Herc was just a bench warmer

Really Findlay and Kantari were the only ones that were very below avg. But like you said, not much to lose
    Let's not forget 2014.

Gilberto and Defoe did not live up to expectations. Big misses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    He was an above average bruiser defender with great passing ability. He needed a partner that was an organizer though and he didn't have that in 2015. He was also on a big contract.
    This is a fair Perquis review

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still think this team could really benefit from a TAM level player for the 6/8 spot.

Someone in the mould and of the quality of Will Johnson would be perfect.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GAM vs TAM explanation on MLS Soccer website.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/...-tam-gam-trade

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I still think this team could really benefit from a TAM level player for the 6/8 spot.

Someone in the mould and of the quality of Will Johnson would be perfect.
    Ya agreed that would be good. I’d also suggest if MLS budgets now have this much flexibility a higher quality backup striker is called for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I keep reading (in forums and the above mlssoccer article) that we needed GAM to resign Endoh. Does no one bother looking at the salary numbers the union publishes? The guy made a hair over minimum last season. Dont think his budget charge is holding us back from resigning him so much as his international status.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    I keep reading (in forums and the above mlssoccer article) that we needed GAM to resign Endoh. Does no one bother looking at the salary numbers the union publishes? The guy made a hair over minimum last season. Dont think his budget charge is holding us back from resigning him so much as his international status.
    Endoh would be an off-budget signing. Roster spots 21-30. The senior roster is 1-20, of which you can leave two spots open. Right now the Reds have 16 players within their 20, which you have to have at least 18 players counting against the cap. They will either be signing a few players or will have to promote at least two players to the 20 man part of the roster. Now with the trade for GAM yesterday, it has become much more realistic for Bez to resign Jason Hernandez.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its not money with endoh its the intl slot,vanney mentioned it about 5 times.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    its not money with endoh its the intl slot,vanney mentioned it about 5 times.
    As it will in regards to Tim Kubel. Decisions will have to be made.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe one ..probs endoh.no way they use a intl slot on a 3rd string rb at this time,i wonder if kubal is even in mexico.how would we know that when all the jurnos are covering the team from there living room..

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe one ..probs endoh.no way they use a intl slot on a 3rd string rb at this time,i wonder if kubal is even in mexico.how would we know that when all the jurnos are covering the team from there living room..
    Right now, there are 22 players under contract. 16 of 20 on the senior roster and 6 of 10 on the off-budget portion of it. Now based on the salary cap in 2017 that was $3,845,000. Players 1-20 on the roster count against the the salary budget and are considered the club's Senior Roster. The base salary of players on the Supplemental Roster (spots 21-24) will be $65,000, while the base salary for players on the Reserve Roster (spots 25-30) will be $53,000. The salaries of players on the supplemental and reserve rosters do not count against the salary cap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im jus talking about the intl slots.i think a intl slot is a intl slot no matter where in the roster.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roster down south seen in this video

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

other then the reg guys i see ,,,fraser,noble dunn?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im jus talking about the intl slots.i think a intl slot is a intl slot no matter where in the roster.
    Yeah, well the Reds have three opener with Seba, Victor, Mavinga, Hasler, van der Wiel currently occupying five of them. Now the Reds did use on a little used reserve last year in Alseth so I guess it will all come down to who they may sign prior to the season. If nothing is on horizon of any stature they could sign Endoh and say Kubel for now and if something in July comes up make an adjustment then. It will be interesting to see to may have made the Mexico trip TFC2 wise as it might indicate a potential first team signing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, i think the GAM trade was for budget space was to fit a couple more TAM players.

Still need at least 150k budget space per TAM player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Yeah, well the Reds have three opener with Seba, Victor, Mavinga, Hasler, van der Wiel currently occupying five of them. Now the Reds did use on a little used reserve last year in Alseth so I guess it will all come down to who they may sign prior to the season. If nothing is on horizon of any stature they could sign Endoh and say Kubel for now and if something in July comes up make an adjustment then. It will be interesting to see to may have made the Mexico trip TFC2 wise as it might indicate a potential first team signing.
    I think they may just waste two of them on Endoh and Kubel.
    We have 8 roster spots open. We need a 3rd string keeper and Hernandez is essentially a lock to return with the GAM acquisition. That's six spots left and could use a 2 more wingbacks after vdw, Morrow, Hasler, Morgan; and maybe 3 more midfielder depth pieces. That would leave one open spot for a summer addition.

I've read we have space for one more TAM level player, so we'd have one international spot for that. Should be fairly easy to fill the rest of the depth with cheap domestics, such that using international slots on Endoh and Kubel shouldn't matter too much. We're close to the cap, so saving an international spot for a guy making ~75k, who won't really be a difference maker over a domestic of similar quality/cost.

So
    Backup Keeper (definitely domestic)
    Centre Back (Hernandez - Domestic)
    Left Wing Back (Kubel - INTERNATIONAL)
    Right Wing Back (Domestic Depth)
    Midfielder - Endoh (INTERNATIONAL)
    Midfielder - (Domestic Depth)
    Midfielder - (TAM INTERNATIONAL)
    Open Spot

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see the 3rd string GK being on a USL deal with TFC2 just like it was initially last year before Irwin got hurt. Mark Pais would have never been elevated to a MLS deal without the injury to Clint. After Irwin came back Clint was loaned back to TFC2. I guess it will come down to how Bez wants to fill in the last few off-budget spots.

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    I think they may just waste two of them on Endoh and Kubel.
    We have 8 roster spots open. We need a 3rd string keeper and Hernandez is essentially a lock to return with the GAM acquisition. That's six spots left and could use a 2 more wingbacks after vdw, Morrow, Hasler, Morgan; and maybe 3 more midfielder depth pieces. That would leave one open spot for a summer addition.

I've read we have space for one more TAM level player, so we'd have one international spot for that. Should be fairly easy to fill the rest of the depth with cheap domestics, such that using international slots on Endoh and Kubel shouldn't matter too much. We're close to the cap, so saving an international spot for a guy making ~75k, who won't really be a difference maker over a domestic of similar quality/cost.

So
    Backup Keeper (definitely domestic)
    Centre Back (Hernandez - Domestic)
    Left Wing Back (Kubel - INTERNATIONAL)
    Right Wing Back (Domestic Depth)
    Midfielder - Endoh (INTERNATIONAL)
    Midfielder - (Domestic Depth)
    Midfielder - (TAM INTERNATIONAL)
    Open Spot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Personally, i think the GAM trade was for budget space was to fit a couple more TAM players.

Still need at least 150k budget space per TAM player.
    I think we are knocking at the cap already, and need the depth. Doubt we have space for two TAM players. Read we have one. Vasquez likely got a raise and we have vdW so they're probably ~$1,000,000 in TAM each to bring them down to $150k charge. We just traded 375k, so should have approx 1.6M in TAM. Probably enough for one transfer fee+salary. TFC is probably more likely to go for 1 major impact player than two players, when we already have a nearly complete core.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I see the 3rd string GK being on a USL deal with TFC2 just like it was initially last year before Irwin got hurt. Mark Pais would have never been elevated to a MLS deal without the injury to Clint. After Irwin came back Clint was loaned back to TFC2. I guess it will come down to how Bez wants to fill in the last few off-budget spots.
    I agree they could very likely go that route again, but either way, they'd still have to leave an open roster spot for the 3rd goalkeeper, if he's on a USL deal in case we need him. Even if we 'loan' him in, still would take up a roster spot in the hypothetical injury situation.

Just had this thought though, we do have the one permanent USL loan per season. Say we sign Kubel to an MLS deal and use the permaloan on him, would that free up his international spot? Could be a way around and to keep him, give him MLS money so he sticks around rather than going to Europe if he doesnt make the first team.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree they could very likely go that route again, but either way, they'd still have to leave an open roster spot for the 3rd goalkeeper, if he's on a USL deal in case we need him. Even if we 'loan' him in, still would take up a roster spot in the hypothetical injury situation.

Just had this thought though, we do have the one permanent USL loan per season. Say we sign Kubel to an MLS deal and use the permaloan on him, would that free up his international spot? Could be a way around and to keep him, give him MLS money so he sticks around rather than going to Europe if he doesnt make the first team.
    The roster went up from 28 to 30 in the last season or two with spots 29-30 being added to sign home grown players. I know Manny Aparachio was the perm loan in his last season with the team, thus the 29th player on the roster. Not sure if there was one last year. If there was one I would assume it was either Sergio Camargo or Brandon Aubrey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we are knocking at the cap already, and need the depth. Doubt we have space for two TAM players. Read we have one. Vasquez likely got a raise and we have vdW so they're probably ~$1,000,000 in TAM each to bring them down to $150k charge. We just traded 375k, so should have approx 1.6M in TAM. Probably enough for one transfer fee+salary. TFC is probably more likely to go for 1 major impact player than two players, when we already have a nearly complete core.
    Didn't Bez say there was enough TAM for 1-2 more TAM signings at the GVDW presser?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Didn't Bez say there was enough TAM for 1-2 more TAM signings at the GVDW presser?
    I didn't watch the press conference, but just based on my rough math (~$1.6M in TAM remaining), we could get 2 lower quality or 1 higher quality. I just feel since we already have Vasquez, Delgado, and Bradley in midfield, I'd take one really good player ($1.6 combined transfer + salary) and spend a bit more on them than two lower quality ($800k combined salary+transfer each). Also, since we're in a cap crunch, and the lowest we can reduce it to is 150k, I don't know if we have 300k in cap space to sign two. Might be easier to spend more on one guy and get a better one, which might even be more beneficial for us, given our roster is fairly set already

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't watch the press conference, but just based on my rough math (~$1.6M in TAM remaining), we could get 2 lower quality or 1 higher quality. I just feel since we already have Vasquez, Delgado, and Bradley in midfield, I'd take one really good player ($1.6 combined transfer + salary) and spend a bit more on them than two lower quality ($800k combined salary+transfer each). Also, since we're in a cap crunch, and the lowest we can reduce it to is 150k, I don't know if we have 300k in cap space to sign two. Might be easier to spend more on one guy and get a better one, which might even be more beneficial for us, given our roster is fairly set already
    We can also pull $1.2m of 2019 TAM into 2018. Not sure if Bez would do this but it probably depends on the player(s) he's targeting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its interesting that you think we have spend 3.4 million of our 5.2 million in Tam, on 3 players ( VV, CM, GVW). Remember tam can only buy down a player with a max budget hit of 1 million a year.

TAM may be used in the following ways:

• In order to use TAM on a player, that player must earn more than the maximum budget charge ($480,625 in 2017) in annual salary. The compensation ceiling for such players is set at $1,000,000 per year, unless the TAM is being applied midseason to buy down the budget charge of an existing Designated Player.
    • Clubs may use a portion or all of their available TAM to convert a Designated Player to a non-Designated Player by buying down his salary to at or below the DP threshold ($480,625 in 2017). If converted during the secondary transfer window, the DP in question may earn a maximum of $1.5 million on a prorated basis. If TAM is used to free up a Designated Player slot, the club must simultaneously sign a new Designated Player at an investment equal to or greater than the player he is replacing as a DP.
    • Clubs retain flexibility to convert players previously bought down with TAM back into Designated Players if they have a free DP slot.
    • Targeted Allocation Money and General Allocation Money may not be used in combination when signing or re-signing a player, or when buying down the budget charge of a Designated Player.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this the Onion, or Monty Python?

MLS salary rules have become absurd, a parody. They need to look in the mirror and stop this.

Nobody can reasonably follow this stuff, and being an “expert” in this is not something anybody should have to aspire to.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those are the old rules fyi.

The limit was increased to $1.5MM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Is this the Onion, or Monty Python?

MLS salary rules have become absurd, a parody. They need to look in the mirror and stop this.

Nobody can reasonably follow this stuff, and being an “expert” in this is not something anybody should have to aspire to.
    These rules are no more absurd then rules in other NA single entity leagues.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    These rules are no more absurd then rules in other NA single entity leagues.
    Not true.

That GAM for TAM trade was the moment where MLS tipped into some kind of bizarro alternate reality. The league office has to be embarrassed by that. I mean, c'mon, what the hell is that?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Not true.

That GAM for TAM trade was the moment where MLS tipped into some kind of bizarro alternate reality. The league office has to be embarrassed by that. I mean, c'mon, what the hell is that?
    TRANSACTION: Toronto FC acquires GAM (General Allocation Money) from Seattle Sounders FC in exchange for TAM (Targeted Allocation Money) and an international roster spot.on Monday, March 7, 2016.
    https://www.torontofc.ca/content/tor...-money-seattle

Notice the date?