Page 33 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leafsman View Post
    We had the best season ever and lost just 1 starter who appears to have been upgraded.
    we won alot of games with our bench though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shway View Post
    Point is teams around us are strengthening massively. The reality in MLS, if you don't strengthen you can go from the best to worst. Not saying we have the team to do that.... Its just the reality that we've lost some of our sweet privileges (Cooper, Cheyrou, Raheem) on top of losing a starter and we haven't really replaced them. I trust management for all their decisions, except for the Spencer one.
    The winning formula is there, outside of one massive addition of Vazquez last year to replace Will Johnson, not much was done and it didn't need to.....much like this year.
    VDV for Beita looks like a positive replacement....Cooper didn't fit the Vanney's style of play, so hoping one of our younger guys step up (Chapman?) Cheyrou was a leader, more like a coach....that is tough to find, he will be sorely missed and of course so will Raheem Edwards who stepped up large last year....have to trust the system and the coaching which was also tops in the league last year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TrebleMaker View Post
    The winning formula is there, outside of one massive addition of Vazquez last year to replace Will Johnson, not much was done and it didn't need to.....much like this year.
    VDV for Beita looks like a positive replacement....Cooper didn't fit the Vanney's style of play, so hoping one of our younger guys step up (Chapman?) Cheyrou was a leader, more like a coach....that is tough to find, he will be sorely missed and of course so will Raheem Edwards who stepped up large last year....have to trust the system and the coaching which was also tops in the league last year.
    I have to agree with the general sentiment that we need to see what the young guys will look like, along with VDW, in our system.

I am beginning to think we got a pretty good player in Kubel from the Draft (push more so to the defending that winger side with him). Hasler has already shown he can play in our system and Chapman and Fraser are high-end Canadian prospects.

Lets give it a little time to see how everyone meshes currently and if changes are needed, then its 'in Bez we Trust'.
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The level of panic when 2018 results are not as smooth as 2017 results is going to be EPIC!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    The level of panic when 2018 results are not as smooth as 2017 results is going to be EPIC!
    Lol just wait until we draw/lose our first game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    It's a crisis right now. We haven't won a game since December 9th and don't even ask when we last won a game on the road?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    It's a crisis right now. We haven't won a game since December 9th and don't even ask when we last won a game on the road?
    Yikes - you gotta go back another 6 weeks to the win in Jersey. Talk about free falling.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any info on why Mavinga is in Dubai (according to his Instagram story)? A little concerning.

I'm also holding out hope that the reason we are taking our time on the VDW announcement is because we're also waiting on a second player who we will announce together with VDW at a press conference. Mac Allister, perhaps?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    I give it about 15 minutes into the Colorado first leg.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dv23 View Post
    Any info on why Mavinga is in Dubai (according to his Instagram story)? A little concerning.
    Maybe its an old post....the last picture in his story shows a screenshot, but shows his phone is connected to T-Mobile, which isn't in the UAE?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dv23 View Post

I'm also holding out hope that the reason we are taking our time on the VDW announcement is because we're also waiting on a second player who we will announce together with VDW at a press conference. Mac Allister, perhaps?
    I'd like to think that we've moved past needing to hold press conferences to hype up new signings. Only thing they're good for is preparing the new signings for the low quality of questions that our journalists ask. In all seriousness though, was there a press conference when they signed VV? I legit can't remember. If there was, you could be right

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    I'd like to think that we've moved past needing to hold press conferences to hype up new signings. Only thing they're good for is preparing the new signings for the low quality of questions that our journalists ask. In all seriousness though, was there a press conference when they signed VV? I legit can't remember. If there was, you could be right
    "I'd like to think that we've moved past needing to hold press conferences to hype up new signings." Why wouldn't they want to hold a press conference? If they don't hold a press conference, they should seriously fire their media advisor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    At least they're better than the Chicago Fire reporters. Still can't believe the World Cup question for Schwiensteiger

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I truely believe if this was going on, Kurt would have been their front and centre with the story. He never leaves a stone unturned in chasing down the story.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That tweet looks like about 5 views from 5 people not directly involved rolled into one story. There's a bit of smoke there somewhere but the most important thing was - not enough money for either Jozy or the team to consider.

Oh...and no way this management brings in Quintero.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 01-31-2018 at 07:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I truely believe if this was going on, Kurt would have been their front and centre with the story. He never leaves a stone unturned in chasing down the story.
    LMAO

This is a good joke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    The local guys are far too comfortable with management to print something like that, even if they did know.

It took years for anyone to question Mo Johnston FFS and he was the definition of a useless manager.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    LMAO

This is a good joke
    from his living room and after reading this site,maybe he will get to bottom of this.come on TFC jurnos i need another ted kubal article

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No need to turn this into a referendum on local journos.

They are generally very good (Molinaro is the best imho) but I wouldn’t expect any of them to have the Mexican sources you’d need on a story like this. If it is a story.

The guy who posted that writes about Liga MX for ESPN . He is no random blogger.

It sorta kinda makes sense to me. Much as I dislike it as a fan.
    Last edited by ensco; 01-31-2018 at 07:51 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know about this.

Maybe some teams were asking about Jozy, so Bez simply replied, or something. Why would they actively shop him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No need to turn this into a referendum on local journos.

They are generally very good (Molinaro is the best imho) but I wouldn’t expect any of them to have the Mexican sources you’d need on a story like this. If it is a story.

The guy who posted that writes about Liga MX for ESPN . He is no random blogger.

It sorta kinda makes sense to me. Much as I dislike it as a fan.
    Honestly, they should be called out a bit. They've been lacklustre the last couple years.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Honestly, they should be called out a bit. They've been lacklustre the last couple years.
    Disagree. They give us solid coverage, in a very tough world for sports journalism. I am grateful.

For me, Molinaro and Davidson are great. Larson seems too close to the team sometimes, but he has passion. Relying on mgmt, that is a function of the immaturity of the beat.
    Last edited by ensco; 01-31-2018 at 08:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Disagree. They give us solid coverage, in a very tough world for sports journalism. I am grateful.

For me, Molinaro and Davidson are great. Larson seems too close to the team sometimes, but he has passion. Relying on mgmt, that is a function of the immaturity of the beat.
    That’s fair enough. They just all seem so close with management that breaking stories like Jozy being shopped around is too much for ppl not named Gennaro, Totera or Kloke (and we’re all familiar with the reliability of the two former).

I think there was a time when they were excellent though perhaps the best set of journos in the league. Though now I’m getting way off topic.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ummm. Isn’t today the deadline for european transfers? Gregory VDM?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Ummm. Isn’t today the deadline for european transfers? Gregory VDM?
    For many European leagues, jan. 31 is the incoming deadline, true. MLS incoming transfer window wide open for a while yet.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mavinga is.....in California

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't get what our motivation would be to shop Jozy though. He obviously wants to be here, and more importantly we're about to go all in to win CCL. Like, it would be maybe the worst possible time to sell him.

Unless we had a move for, I dunno, Balotelli lined up and ready to go to replace him I don't see the logic, regardless of what money is being offered. Doesn't make sense to sell our best big-game player at this time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    "I'd like to think that we've moved past needing to hold press conferences to hype up new signings." Why wouldn't they want to hold a press conference? If they don't hold a press conference, they should seriously fire their media advisor.
    Idk, maybe I just associate press conferences with big moves that are supposed to turn things around and create a bunch of hype. I think a press release with a picture of him holding up a TFC jersey (with a number) saying they signed him should be sufficient. Same with any other signings they make. Or maybe I just don't like making new signings face the same drivel from the local reporters. IE:

"Tell me about all the great things you heard about MLS and toronto to make you want to sign here"
    "tell me about high your opinion of the league is"
    "tell me about how everyone you know wants to come here"
    "tell me the names of all the famous people you talked to before making the decision to come here"
    "you played in the same league as Jozy for a little while. Tell me about how great your relationship is with him. Also tell me how great of a player he was when you faced him"
    "did Drake play a key role in your decision to come here?"

And sadly I could go on. I'd rather the players just get to camp ASAP to get ready for the CCL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BeachTory View Post
    For many European leagues, jan. 31 is the incoming deadline, true. MLS incoming transfer window wide open for a while yet.
    Thanks