Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default TFC to soon eliminate print at home (PDF) tickets

Starting this fall, only two options will remain for Raptors and Leafs games: mobile electronic tickets, or tickets printed on cardboard stock. Toronto FC will extend the print-at-home option through the end of this season before expanding its mobile ticketing program in 2019, said MLSE chief commercial officer Dave Hopkinson.
    Hopkinson said all of MLSE’s sports teams will likely move to completely paperless ticketing by 2020.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs...e-tickets.html

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good news.
    Cuts down on waste.
    Won't limit scalping, but helps prevent people getting scammed.

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just curious how this works for people who don't have a phone capable of taking part...either temporarily or permanently.

Such as if the battery in a phone dies, or if a child doesn't have a phone.

How will group sales work?
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huyton View Post
    Just curious how this works for people who don't have a phone capable of taking part...either temporarily or permanently.

Such as if the battery in a phone dies, or if a child doesn't have a phone.

How will group sales work?
    I assume you would need to have traditional tickets delivered to you before hand (like they did in the olden days), or you would pick them up at the venue box office.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    I assume you would need to have traditional tickets delivered to you before hand (like they did in the olden days), or you would pick them up at the venue box office.
    I have seen groups coming into BMO send their leader to the box office and come back with an folder full of tickets printed on stock.
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is way more about controlling and monopolizing the resale process than eliminating fraud.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this doesn't help the consumer. its gonna be a pain to give tickets to my non smart phone using dad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think they are behind the times. for years vancouver has had 1 RFID card that get you in all season. Yes this hinders reselling and hinders bring our fathers/brothers/mothers/daughters whatevers but there is always the option of having tickets reprinted at gate 1. I've called in advance before and even had an envelope set aside for my father so that he could pick it up himself on the way to the stadium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How will our ticket trader thread work then? EMT and pick up at the tickets @ BMO or use the app? How will MLSE know which hard-copy picked up tickets belong to who?

RPB Member
    Banners Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BenRhodes23 View Post
    How will our ticket trader thread work then? EMT and pick up at the tickets @ BMO or use the app? How will MLSE know which hard-copy picked up tickets belong to who?
    I think we'll have to transfer them online through the Account Manager to the person you want to give them/sell them to.

This means the recipient will need to set up an account manager login ID- which is a pain- I had to do this for some Jays tickets a friend gave to me last year.

On the upside- I wonder if transferring is a better option, because there will be a record of who is supposedly in the seat (if they cause problem?) Would this absolve the SSH of responsibility? That's always been a concern of mine in selling my tix.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW I've previously used the iOS wallet version of ticketless entry and I texted (well, iMessaged) one of the tickets to my kid who then added it to his wallet.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How am I going to get my free slice of pizza now when they win and score 2 goals? Haha. I actually ran into this yesterday because I was forced to have mobile entry from Ticketmaster for the Raptors game on Monday and they won and got over 100 points. There was no print option on Ticketmaster so no tickets to bring to Pizza Pizza the next day for my free slices and the tickets on my TM app disappeared after the event so I couldn't even show them that. MLSE promotions not in sync with Ticketmaster on this one.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    How am I going to get my free slice of pizza now when they win and score 2 goals? Haha. I actually ran into this yesterday because I was forced to have mobile entry from Ticketmaster for the Raptors game on Monday and they won and got over 100 points. There was no print option on Ticketmaster so no tickets to bring to Pizza Pizza the next day for my free slices and the tickets on my TM app disappeared after the event so I couldn't even show them that. MLSE promotions not in sync with Ticketmaster on this one.
    The one thing I have found with the Raptors is they have a separate promotion in which you get Popeye's chicken strips (3) when they hit a certain amount of 3-pts and it gets sent straight to the Raptors app.
    I wonder if that is where these promos will go? either that or mass emails to everyone you bought a ticket with a coupon.
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I once bought tickets for a Yankees game, where they have eliminated print out tickets. Had the tickets on my phone so I screen captured them all and text my friends there tickets. Very simple and easy to do.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I once bought tickets for a Yankees game, where they have eliminated print out tickets. Had the tickets on my phone so I screen captured them all and text my friends there tickets. Very simple and easy to do.
    This is actually an good idea for the RPB ticket trader. Since there's a reasonable amount of trust between supporters, texting/iMessage/WhatsApping someone a QR code for a ticket is just as easy as email a PDF. And really, it comes with the same risks as the PDF did (that someone would use the hard ticket or a photocopy to get in first). It's still the same system, with updated technology. More people have smartphones than a printer at home, I would wager.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Og goes and looks up the manual to see how to do a phone screenshot on purpose.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northie113 View Post
    This is actually an good idea for the RPB ticket trader. Since there's a reasonable amount of trust between supporters, texting/iMessage/WhatsApping someone a QR code for a ticket is just as easy as email a PDF. And really, it comes with the same risks as the PDF did (that someone would use the hard ticket or a photocopy to get in first). It's still the same system, with updated technology. More people have smartphones than a printer at home, I would wager.
    Some of us don't have smart phones and have relied on printing out tickets at home. What will happen to us when that option is removed come next year?
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoe15 View Post
    Some of us don't have smart phones and have relied on printing out tickets at home. What will happen to us when that option is removed come next year?
    Probably have to line up and pay the $5 to have them printed at the box office. Happened to me once when I lost my ticket on the way to the match. That was a while ago ago though. Might be more than $5 now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Probably have to line up and pay the $5 to have them printed at the box office. Happened to me once when I list my ticket on the way to the match.
    Complete farce!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably have to line up and pay the $5 to have them printed at the box office. Happened to me once when I lost my ticket on the way to the match. That was a while ago ago though. Might be more than $5 now.
    Funny thing is, I have never been charged any cash at the box office to have my tickets printed, did it for all the playoff games so I could have an hard ticket. Cherish my ticket for the MLS Cup final.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another issue is that with any good PDF editor you can alter a ticket. So even if the bar codes work and the person gets in, they may not actually be for what they appear to be.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny thing is, I have never been charged any cash at the box office to have my tickets printed, did it for all the playoff games so I could have an hard ticket. Cherish my ticket for the MLS Cup final.
    Yeah they charged me $5 per ticket. My buddy dropped them on my front lawn on our way down. Found them when I got home.

Maybe they made it free but when it happened to me it was $5. Things getting cheaper isn't the traditional MLSE way though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Things getting cheaper isn't the traditional MLSE way though.
    Except when you're the worst team in the world and decide to return to year one pricing.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoe15 View Post
    Meet the seller in person, or use snail mail to get the physical ticket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another issue is that with any good PDF editor you can alter a ticket. So even if the bar codes work and the person gets in, they may not actually be for what they appear to be.
    This is the last year of people fudging printed tickets to get past security and into the South End.

Actually just thought of how to deal with that, nvm.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know if you've viewed your tickets on the mobile app, does the QR code that was generated now make your previously printed-at-home or hard copy tickets invalid?
    I have a few season tickets, but they are for various friends and family. I want to make sure they will be able to get into the game this weekend, but my account manager shows "Viewed on Mobile" for "current entry method to event". Surely this can't be the case, I only want my ticket I use for games to be mobile, but it shows all my tickets in my account manager as "viewed on mobile". My father for example, who doesn't have a mobile phone, always uses his hard tickets to enter games with. I'm hoping that since I viewed the QR code on my mobile it hasn't invalidated his hard copy tickets!
    2020 Away Days: San Jose (Feb 29)
    2019 Away Days:
    Philadelphia (March 2), Montreal (July 13, September 18), New York City (October 23), Atlanta (October 30), Seattle MLS CUP (November 10)
    2018 Away Days: Monterrey MX (March 13), Mexico City (April 10), Guadalajara MX (April 25), Montreal (Oct 21)
    2017 Away Days
    : Salt Lake City, Philly, LA, ATL, NJ, Columbus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by German21 View Post
    i think they are behind the times. for years vancouver has had 1 RFID card that get you in all season. Yes this hinders reselling and hinders bring our fathers/brothers/mothers/daughters whatevers but there is always the option of having tickets reprinted at gate 1. I've called in advance before and even had an envelope set aside for my father so that he could pick it up himself on the way to the stadium.
    they set it aside here in Toronto?

Ive only had poor experiences with teh box office. But I only dealt with them in during the first 5 years. aka the dark ages

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wopchop View Post
    Complete farce!
    thats happened to me to.

was shocked to find out there is a fee that high

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djcuse View Post
    Does anyone know if you've viewed your tickets on the mobile app, does the QR code that was generated now make your previously printed-at-home or hard copy tickets invalid?
    I have a few season tickets, but they are for various friends and family. I want to make sure they will be able to get into the game this weekend, but my account manager shows "Viewed on Mobile" for "current entry method to event". Surely this can't be the case, I only want my ticket I use for games to be mobile, but it shows all my tickets in my account manager as "viewed on mobile". My father for example, who doesn't have a mobile phone, always uses his hard tickets to enter games with. I'm hoping that since I viewed the QR code on my mobile it hasn't invalidated his hard copy tickets!
    I was wondering the same. I viewed mine on mobile but also sent a pair to my brother in law for the next CCL game. Guess I will find out then. At least I am there at the stadium with my phone if it doesn't work for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when did they start charging for replacement tickets? Lost my ticket during the ex a few years ago and they just gave me a new one.